what is the difference between auto fill and custom fill

I do not think "custom fill" is a truly valid term.

Autofill is the process that uses data in adjoining cells to determine
the contents of cells. This can be based on Excel's internal rules or
the contents of Custom Lists.

Calculate Difference in Rows
How do I calculate the difference between two numbers in different rows? "Glenna" wrote:subed going to jail > How do I calculate the difference between two numbers in different rows? "Glenna" <Glenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B551C7E2-392A-4E7B-BAA8-5E3189FBEF8F@microsoft.com... > How do I calculate the difference between two numbers in different rows? In a report, this may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290136 -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp...

Outlook express auto-reply fiasco!
HI- not sure if anyone can help me- I've got a maddening situation. I'm trying to set an auto-reply for someoen who's going on a trip, and rather than replying to all new incoming messages, it's sending auto responses to EVERYONE in the inbox(there are over a thousand messages)! luckily the bulk of the messages were caught and deleted while still in the outgoing mailbox and did not get sent, but why is this happening? These are the rules i'm following: In the Tools menu choose Message Rules. In the Message Rules dialog box, choose Mail. In Box #1 select the last c...

About Custom Download Manager!!!
Dear all, Can neone help in achiving the subjected task, I wanna write my own Custom Download Manager and not getting an idea of where to start.... ne valuable suggestions welcome... Regards, Raj Sharma ...

ASAP~~Need to NOT auto-increment lookup formula
I am running Excel 97 SR-1. I have several worksheets with sheet one as my master list (database if you will). I want to use sheet two in three columns to lookup info from sheet one. What I have in sheet two are three columns (ID Val to search for, Last name, First Name). My formula in the Last and First names uses the ID Val to search the master sheet for the name. PROBLEM: I seem to be unable to fill or copy the formula down the column in sheet two without Excel auto- incrementing the reference range. Is there a way around this. Jake, You can prevent Excel from incrementing the row...

Multiple language customizations
For anyone interested there is a free utility to completely automate doing this into 6 languages on my blog. Chris http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com ...

Custom format #5
Hi, Is there anyway to create a custom format that returns "-" for a blan cell? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't think so, but maybe you could use a helper cell and hide the original: =if(a1="","-",a1) "Scottmk <" wrote: > > Hi, > Is there anyway to create a custom format that returns "-" for a blank > cell? > Thanks > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Hi, 1) #;-#;"-" 2) 0;-0;"-" 3) #,##0;-#,##...

Moving 2003 Custom Menu to Quick Access Toolbar
I have a custom menu in Excel 2003. We are switching to Office 2007 either this week or next week. I don't want this menu to show up in the Add-Ins tab. Can I move it to the QAT using the following code: If Application.Version = "11.0" Then Set MenuObject = Application.CommandBars(1).Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, _ Before:=11, Temporary:=True) Else Set MenuObject = Application.CommandBars("Quick Access Toolbar").Controls.Add _ (Type:=msoControlPopup, Temporary:=True) End If If not, I need to k...

I can't get my stuff to fill the screen
Hi all, I am new to MAC, but I noticed on PP, Word, Excel - when I hit to + sign to maximize to the full size of the screen, it only goes maybe 3/4 of it (if that)...but in Entourage, it is full length of the screen. How can I get the 3 other programs to fill the screen when opened? Am I doing something wrong? (is this making sense?) Thanks Kimberly On Apr 26, 1:12 am, Kimberly Wohlgemuth <taib...@earthlink.net> wrote: > Hi all, I am new to MAC, but I noticed on PP, Word, Excel - when I hit to + > sign to maximize to the full size of the screen, it only goes maybe 3/4 of >...

Different results same directory client and server
I cannot access files in a specific directory on a server (Windows 2008 R2) which appear to be present in the same directory from the client's (Windows 7) view. Also, 'get-acl' is returning an error which probably indicates the nature of the problem but I'm not experienced enough to understand. zebay is the name of the Windows 2008 server. Can anyone shed some light, please? Thanks, Lars From Client: =================================================================== PS C:\Users\larry> cd \\zebay\zebaydata\client_backup\macey PS Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\File...

Referencing Fields on a different form
Hi, I have a field that relates to company size on the account form that I want to link to a field on the case form. The idea is that dependant on what is selected on the company size picklist the field value on the case form is filled in. The field on the case form is a monetary value. I suppose my question is, how do I reference the field on the account form from some code on the onload section of the case form. My understanding is that the crmForm.all.FIELDNAME format will not work in this way. How do I reference the FIELDNAME on a different form? Thanks in advance my understandin...

Using MNY file on 2 different computers
Hi, How can I use my money file on two computers? I want to be able to have it on my home pc and my work pc but when I copy the .mny files and try to open it on my work pc, it ask me do I want to upgrade my files to v2005 and I am already running version 2005 on my home pc. Any ideas??? Money files are Money version-specific. In M05, they are now Money service-level-specific. "Anthony Boyd" <anthony@boydonline.us> wrote in message news:evwN5FO%23EHA.3820@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can I use my money file on two computers? I want to be able to have it > on m...

custom calendar
Hi, is it possible to create a custom calendar form which is actively linked to a contact? I.e. i have a department contact and calendar in a public exchange folder. With the custom calendar form i wish to schedule an appointment with a client who is selected from the department contacts. After having selected this client, on the custom form, i want to see the contacts company name and address (and probably some more stuff) and more importantly the "notes" field (from the contact), as i use this field to add meeting notes. In addition i would like to introduce a custom drop do...

Auto-archive Default settings
Is there any way to have the default auto-archive settings apply to newly created folders? For example, I setup auto-archiving for a group of users the way I want it to work. All goes well until the users create new folders to store their messages. Those new folders default to NO auto-archiving. Isn't there some way to have those new folders inherit the default auto-archive settings instead of nothing? We use Outlook 2K3 with a remote Exchange Server. I do not have control over the Exchange Server. It is an outsourced service. Therefore, my goal is to auto-archive the Exchange Serv...

Custom 2 axis chart saved as template fails to load
I created a custom chart by selecting 3 columns of data and charting it with the Stock -> Hi-Lo-Close. Then I added a 4th series and plotted that on the secondary axis. I saved the result as a template, but when I now select 4 columns of data and try to plot it on my custom template, I get: Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. Does anyone know what I could do to get this template to work? I tried loading 3 columns and got the same message. Thanks. ...

Using Two Different queries in a Report??
I am trying to create a report that has data from two different queries that is associated by a primary key (both queries have the primary key information in them). What I am trying to accomplish is that I have the main report (approx 102 records) but want to associate data from another query to be displayed on the same page as the primary data if there is an association to that particular primary key. When I tried to combine these queries into one, I only get the data that corresponds to the primary data, in which it is removing all of the other primary data that has no association. ...

Custom Toolbar Icons
Heres the problem. We have a complex mail merge document that calls on or can use many macros. We have 15 or so marcos listed on a custom toolbar with there name and an icon (the icons used are just choosen from the standard microsoft list). So we get it all looking great and then the next day..... poof all the macros still show up but with no names or icons. Is there a way to set the customizations as the defualt for this Mail Merge with macros enabled document? O ya, not sure if it make a differnce but everything is accessed over a citrix server. The document, the dat...

Custom Entity Icons
Hello, I have just completed a new custom entity addition to my CRM 3.0 installation and have imported roughtly 7000 records into it. I am having a very strange problem were when some (not all) users go to the public view for this new entity. When they go to the page for the first time, everything loads ok. if the user selects a column to sort the data into a different order, the icons on the far left of the view refresh VERY slowly. It is so slow, you can watch the status bar slowly decrement with (nn items remaining) and can take almost 20 seconds to fully reload the page. This...

custom button request
Anyone have a custom button for INTERNET ORDERS key CTL-SHIFT-F10? You cannot make a macro for it because when you record the macro, the internet order import window pops up and you cannot end the macro without closing the window. So the macro records with the window opening then closing. Otherwise, I could just use the Macro custom button. Thanks! Mickie ...

Auto replies on Public Folders Outlook 2003
I want to setup Outlook so when someone sends an email to a public folder they get a standard auto-reply. When that email is moved to another public folder with a user name I want the sender to receive another email advising them of who's public folder it now is in. Can someone suggest how to do this Thanks, I doubt the full range of what you are asking is possible using a native solution. To send the initial response, you can use the Folder Assistant feature (Outlook, PF properties, Administration tab), which would be similar to creating a rule in Outlook. However, I don'...

Microsoft Access 2007 Disable Customize Quick Access Toolbar
Need urgent help!!! My previous database was version 2000. After I converted into version 2007, I found that my customize menu is parked under "Add-ins". And, before that I have disable the right click option so that users cannot make changes to the customize menu. But in 2007, apprecaite someone can assist how can I disable the default "Customize Quick Access Toolbar" when user right click at the top menu bar. Many thanks. regards, sam <samhck2@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fbbe1eb-77d3-4f52-bb6b-4e72e9fdec8d@v67g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Need u...

Tony Toews Auto FE Updater
First, thanks for this, it's great. since i installed the Auto FE Updater, the backup that occurs for the BE when the last user exists doesnt happen as often. it seems that even if no one is in a FE the BE still has it's laacdb file locking it from the Backup process, which is checked for. any advice or just a reason would be great. thanks in advance. Running 2007/XP. tighe <tighe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >First, thanks for this, it's great. You're welcome. >since i installed the Auto FE Updater, the backup that occurs for the ...

How to enable auto reply several times and change GMT time to loca
Dear all, I have two questions. 1. As default the senders only could get one autoreply even if he sent many emails, how to change the settings so that the senders could receive the autoreply when he sends email? 2. In SMTP logs the default time stamp is GMT, now I want to change it to local time zone, how could I do? Any suggestions would be appreciated! With best regards. Jobs -- Jobsz 1. You are probably talking about Out of Office replies. It is by design that it only send once per sender. This is to avoid mail loops and the like. Believe me, this is a good thing! 2. IIS l...

? Customer Payment Terms
We are using SBM release 6.2. Is there a way to establish customer terms that are 30% ETD / 70% 60 days? We want to be able to enter, for example, one invoice for $10,000 and then have it age as $3,000 due upon receipt and $7,000 due in 60 days. Thanks for your help! ...

Calculating time differences in Excel
Hello, How can I calculate the time difference in excel with the accuracy of a hundredth of a second? The times are in the following form: 13:25:59.76 13:26:01.05 thank you in advance, -Ville "Ville" <vsutka@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:f17a4949.0308060515.8955296@posting.google.com... > Hello, > How can I calculate the time difference in excel with the accuracy of > a hundredth of a second? > The times are in the following form: > 13:25:59.76 13:26:01.05 > > thank you in advance, > > -Ville Format the cells as hh:mm:ss.00 and then jus...

What is the difference between Inactive and Terminated statuses?
In Health Insurance Enrollment window, there is a field called Benefit Status where there are, among other options, the option to Inactive or to Terminate a benefit. According to the Human Resources Help, Inactive is intended to be used "if the employee is no longer enrolled in the benefit", and Terminated "if the employee chose to terminate the benefit coverage." What is the real difference? What happens when one option is selected over the other? How is payroll affected? -- Hector Herrera Business Systems Analyst II Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundat...