what is the difference between auto fill and custom fill

I do not think "custom fill" is a truly valid term.

Autofill is the process that uses data in adjoining cells to determine
the contents of cells. This can be based on Excel's internal rules or
the contents of Custom Lists.

Customer Reports by "Month" Criterion
Hi, I wasn't able to get RMS to generate customer reports by the "Month" criterion, using one of the custom definable DATE fields. Some businesses keep track of their customers DOBs and it would be very useful for them to run a report and get a list of all customers born, say in the month of July. I searched thru the KB at PartnerSource, and all I found was article 869845 issued for QuickSell 2000, which basically uses a numeric field to to assign a value for each month of the year. For businesses with a large customer list, that could be quite a task. I was wondering if...

Auto Backup
Does anyone have a .bat script for Microsoft RMS 2.0 for auto backup? I've tried the following, but did not have any luck.. osql -U sa -P password -S servername -Q "BACKUP DATABASE databasename TO DISK = 'c:\database.bck'WITH FORMAT, STATS" Any help will be greatly appreciated. What errors are you getting? Add this to the end so it logs the operation to a text file >> "c:\BackUp-Log.txt" Your command line should look like this osql -U sa -P password -S servername -Q "BACKUP DATABASE databasename TO DISK = 'c:\database.bck' WITH FORM...

Bug in Exchange IMF Custom Weighting Feature?
I just began using the IMF Custom Weighting Feature. I've done enough testing to verify that my custom weight entries ARE indeed properly modifying the SCL. I have the IMF set to archive anything with an SCL 0f 9, and deliver anything with an SCL >= 5 to the user's junk mail folder. Mail that is NOT affected by the Custom Weighting Feature seems to follow this configuration just fine (my junk mail folder is getting populated with messages that have an SCL of 5-8, and I've confirmed that messages with an SCL of 9 are getting archived). However, mail that IS affected ...

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Excel Save / Saveas / Tools- Customize buttons not working
When I click on Save or Saveas button in Excel there is no response from it. My OS is Win ME. How do I solve it. I have re-installed Office but the problem still remains. Hi Brian! With a re-installation of Office it looks like one of two things: A macro in your Personal.xls file Or A case of the NIMDA virus. Try out virus removal first as it is quicker than another re-install. Here's the site for downloads of various virus removal tools: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html You'll see Nimbda in the right hand side list twice. You should download both...

Formula for cross tab data filling

Outlook 2002 Custom Auto Formatting not working!
I created cutom rules to color my tasks differently according to the first two letters of the category name. The coloring worked correctly in Outlook 2000 .. but since upgrading to 2002 the formatting does not work! It seems to only be when formatting according to category .. any other field is happy. Here's an example rule: All personal related categories start with the suffix 'p- ' .. so for financial I have 'p-financial'. To color all personal categories blue in the task list I use the rule: [categories][contains][p-] Any ideas? Is there a patch for this? Thanks...

customer email field is grayed out at random times
I have a client that has HQ and 2 stores and when a clerk enters a new customer the the email field is "greyed out", but other fields are fine. This happens at random times. They can create new customers all day and then all sudden the email field is greyed out for one customer, but the next new customer is fine. I checked the security level settings and their is none set. I recently deleted duplicate customers using a script I got from MS tech support and I not sure that could of cause the problem. Thank you for your support Thanks Dave ...

Customizing the color of chart legend icons
I need to change the color of legend icons from the default purple and blues and such(which are btw all horrible pastels) into custom color. Is this possible and if not then why not? Mr. Orange; You *can* change the colors of the legend elements. The easiest way: Display the chart you want to change. Click any data series (bar, pie piece, whatever) once. Click the 'pie slice' whose legend color you want to change once more - don't double-click - just click once and wait a few seconds. That section or bar or pie slice is now highlighted all by itself. Right click that ...

server and POS on different computers
I have a single version RMS 2. I would like to have the DB on one computer and the store opertion POS on another computer. Is it posible? Any sugestion on how to do that? (calling the DB in store opertation admin anything other than "local" export the database from machine1 to a .bck file install RMS on machine2 with same service packs etc. (Store Operations POS won't work on machine2 without an additional license) use Administrator to create the database on machine2 with same database name restore from your .bck file on machine2 open sql tcp port 1433 in the firewall of mac...

Different margins on odd/even pages
Hello - Anyone have code or tricks to format an Access report for binding? For example, with 1" margin on left and 0.5" margin on right for odd pages, and 0.5" margin on left and 1" margin on right for even pages. Works in most other Office apps, but not Access? Many thanks, rpf One way to do this is to set half inch margins, and move the controls across the page in the Format even of the Page Header section. This example assumes you put the unmoved position of each control you want to move into its Tag property. The value should be in twips, where 1440 twips = 1...

Need different page sizes for each page in a catalog
If I go to "page setup" and change the page width for each individual page, it will globally change all page sizes. Is there a way to disable this so that I can make every other page 1/2 inch larger? This will make a "tabbed" brochure/catalog for me that I really need for a project! Thanks in advance for any advice! Cat <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to disable this so that I can make every other page > 1/2 inch larger? No, you cannot apply different sizes to different pages. You could create separate p...

I did it too- something different
For the first time in almost a decade, I have put together a website. It's a work in progress and I am trying to keep it simple - no Flash, animated graphics, ornate backgrounds. It's all about stuff happening in my realm, something like a one-stop site for people in my circulation area. The address is www.mcvcourier.com If you have any comments, please let me know. (I know, Off-topic!) Mike Hey, Mike, looks pretty good to me... Did you use Publisher? I had forgotten you were in Cincinnati. You will have to look up my son if you ever get to UC. He is an adjunct professor and ...

Referencing a cell that has a custom format
Hi I am trying to reference a cell in another sheet by clicking on the cell ='[Labour Variance Report wk01.xls]Summary'!$BA$44:$BC$44 The cell is actually BB44 but is spread across 3 columns and when i click on the cell i get $BA$44:$BC$44 The cell BB44 (166) is set as a custom type #,##0;(#,##0) to record an accounting type display to show adverse numbers i.e. those in brackets. When I reference this cell I get a #value! error when all i want is to pull across the 166 figure as a number. How could I do this please? Much Appreciated Brian I think you have merged cells, and that a...

custom report filter by customer & supplier
We would like to have the reporting capability to pull a customer list with name, address, email and phone number (where available of course) filtered on customers who have purchased Vera Bradley(Supplier) products in the past. We do use Vera Bradley as a department. The output would be, for example, 1000 customers out of 4000 in the total customer database have purchased a Vera Bradley product and thus show Vera Bradley in their detailed customer purchases. The report would give us just the subset of 1000 customers to use for target marketing purposes. The report would need to be...

Problem with different versions of Access
Hello, I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server database. I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a database table, so when I enter a value from my form the data in instantaneously updated in the database. The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in a...

Customizing popup menus
Hello, I have an Excel/Word VBA app and I need to be able to customize the popup (right click) menu on an Excel tab so I can add a custom command to insert my own custom worksheet. I can only find ways to alter the regular menu bar, but not the popup. Can anyone tell me how to do so linked to an item to perform a macro or sub routine. Is there a place to edit such menus or does it need to be done with code, and if the latter, how? Thanks, God bless Van Van, Here is some code to add to the menu. Sub CreateRightClick() With Application.CommandBars("Cell"�) With .C...

Auto Input Today's Date
I wish to create formula to automatically insert date and time for each new record created in Excel 2003/2007 database. I've tried the following in cell A6, so when I enter data into Worksheet called INPUT cell B6 , the date and time is automatically entered into A6 of the DATA worksheet, but it doesn't work: =IF(INPUT! B6>1,=NOW(),"") What am I doing wrong? I am using Data Form for user input of new data and don't want the user to input into a date field, so I have created INPUT worksheet without date and DATA worksheet with all identical fields using INPUT plus a d...

Landed Costs ability to apply different rates per line item
Currently on the Landed Cost screen, you can enter a landed cost amount and it will be applied to all items being received on that receiving transactions. However there are times that one needs to apply a different rate for each line item and at this time it appears the only means to do this is to receive each line item seperately so a different landed cost can be applied. Therefore, this is not time productive for our users. We should be able to apply a different rate per each line item and receive all line items at the same time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Micr...

display custom child attribute in parent preview
i created a custom entity which is a child of the account entity. The account has a 1 to many relationship to the custom entity. Can I display an attribute for the current child record in the account entity preview form? Unfortunately not - the preview can only display data from the one entity You can get round the problem by duplicating data across the entities, it can be a pain to ensure changes are accurately reflected, but it can be done through code in callouts. However, you say the entity you want to display data from is a child of the account entity - this raises the issue that...

Custom toolbars #2
Where are custom toolbars stored ? I thought this info was in a file somewhere. I have a user who needs Excel reinstalled but we do not want to loose the custom toolbar already there. Isn't this in a separate file somewhere ? Using Excel 2002, SP3 Toolbar customizations are stored in an *.xlb file, the name and location of which depends on your version of Excel and Windows. Search (include hidden files) for *.xlb and you'll find the file. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "lynn" <anonymous@discu...

Set up draft email to auto send each month
How do you set up a draft email that will auto send on the same day each month? There are a couple if ways to do this. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/recurringemail.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CEDDEB-62F1-4F89-9B88-F0D7B55EEB15@microsoft.com... > How do you set up a draft ...

SOP centered around job # not Customer ID
I have a client using Wennsoft Job costing and trying to implement SOP for their business. In this analysis, we've discovered their end users know Job # and not Customer IDs. Has anyone developed VB code to prompt for Job # on a new order and then fill the new order Customer ID from the job rather than pick the customer ID first? Any help is greatly appreciated! Try SmartFill from Rockton Software. You can use it to provide a custom lookup anywhere there is a lookup in GP, and it does work with ISV addons. I have it working at a client who has really complicated item numbers and it ...

2 different Qty in order details in northwind
Hi, im pretty new with access 2007, i decide to use northwind template. In order detail both form, i have 2 different Qty, the original Qty is the Qty that will link to Inventory and I add another field Qty1 for invoice purpose. For example, I got 1 roll of tape, 1 roll will be cut into 10 pcs. We need to bill according to customer request qty 10, but actual qty sold is only 1. Anyone come across this issue. How to modify it w/o effect the function? table/form as below:- ID ORDER ID PRODUCT ID QUANTITY (FOR INVENTORY) QTY1 (FOR INVOICE) UNIT PRICE AND SO ON Is there a...

How To Assigned "SelectionChange" Event To different Worksheets
I was able to assign To WorkSheet the SelectionChange event. It turns out that it was my 2nd Sheet. How do I Add Selectionchange to my 1st worksheet. ??? Thank You, hi worksheet change code belongs to the sheet that owns the code. create a worksheet change evert for sheet1. Regards FSt1 "G" wrote: > I was able to assign To WorkSheet the SelectionChange event. > > It turns out that it was my 2nd Sheet. How do I Add Selectionchange to my > 1st worksheet. ??? > > Thank You, > > cut/paste -- Don Guillett Microsoft ...