what is short cut key for running the macros - 80832

please prvide the answers intime

Which macros?
If you're talking about custom macros in a workbook, (Excel 2003) use Tools
Macros to bring up the list of macros and select one and use the [Options...]
button to assign a short-cut key sequence to it.
Do much the same from the [Developer] tab in XL 2007.

"srinivas" wrote:

> please prvide the answers intime

Tab key moves
Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific order I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area of my form before having to tab through another area? Not in a reasonable userfriendly way, no. The default behavior is left-to-right next unlocked cell, top to bottom. (But that is IMO how your application should be designed anyway.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "DCZ" <DCZ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:43C38961-D5BF-4F45-9CF5-DF2CD5958E9D@microsoft.com... > Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to?...

Repeating instructions in a Macro.
Hello all, I have a Macro that clears any data on different 31 tabs and, due to my lack of knowledge, I do this one tab at a time. The 31 tabs represent the maximum possible days in a month. Here's a sample of my Macro: '====================================================================================================================== ' Clear the data on tab 1. Windows("Revenue Tracker.xls").Activate Sheets("1").Select Range("B4:O126").Select Selection.ClearContents Range("E4").Select '-----------------...

Macro code behind button
How do I find out what macro and the code assigned to a specific button in an Excel worksheet? I can view all the macros assigned to the workbook, but it appears that there may be other macros running on these buttons (my personal list of macros is empty)(I am the author of the workbook). Right-click on button, assign macro. See that is assigned. If an ActiveX control, you may need to click on "view code". Alternatively, you can bring up the VBE (Alt+F11) and look through the different parts of your workbook to see what coding is in there. -- Best Regards, Lu...

Running a macro depending on a cell value
Hi there, I have an interesting one here ... I have assigned a macro to a command button. However I want to control this macro not to happen, i.e. not to run on click of the command button, depending on the value of another cell. That is say cell a1 = 1 I want the macro to work on click of command_button1 if cell a1 = 1. But i do not want it to run, i.e. act as if there is no macro assigned to it, if cell a1 = 2 or any other number not 1. Can this be done. Would appreciate any suggestions Thanks in advance, Brian Sure you can do that with an If statement. Example: Sub Button2_...

Excel / VBA
Hi, I am trying to find how to add or remove the description displayed on the "Macro" pop-up menu (Alt-F8). Generally macros recorded have a banale description giving the time/date & username, others that I write directly in the VBE have none. Can anyone point how to add/modify this description? thanks, Scott --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Scott, When the macro recorder fires up, the first dialog allows you to put whatever description you want in, including none if so desired. The value gets saved as comments, but changing the comments does not chang...

locking tabs w/macros
i have a workbook that employees use to track project progress. they enter project data into sheet 1 and vbscript macros manipulate this data and output it in various ways on worksheets 2-15. i want to lock sheets 2-15 so employees cannot enter data, but when i protect those sheets the macros are no longer permitted to work. is there a way i can prevent cell editing by USERS but permit editing by MACROS? this seems like it should be fairly obvious, but i cant figure it out. thanks in advance! Hi eric, 1) you might want to use the following instruction when protecting the sheets: ...

Run subroutines in other workbooks?
I have some code that initially opens another workbook, ie: Set wb = Workbooks.Open ("myotherfile.xlsx") This code opens the other workbook file and the "handle" gets stored in the "wb" variable. My question is, now that the workbook is open, how can I run any of the subroutines in this other workbook??? (Assume that the "myotherfile.xlsx" file has a subroutine named "Public Sub Foo (ByVal x as Integer)"... I would like to call this function!) Some have suggested that I need to use the Application.Run met...

copy a pivot table to another sheet in a macro
Hi there, I created a macro that will copy copy the information from a created pivot table to another sheet. I seemed ok when I recorded the macro. But there's no pivot table on the new sheet when I run the macro. What should I do to correct the problem? Thanks, Aline -- Aline Record another macro when you try it again? If it fails again, you may want to describe what you did to copy the data (copy the cells to a new sheet or copy the sheet???). And share the code (that fails) that does the copy. Aline wrote: > > Hi there, > > I created a...

Error When I run reports

how 2 create and run a macro
i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create and run it. i am facing the problem Hi a good introduction to macros can be found at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Lee Sok Har wrote: > i want to try record a new macro. can you teach me the way to create > and run it. > i am facing the problem ...

text runs out of cell into other ones
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just updated to X08 from Office. Some of cells with text in them (not wrapped) are overrunning the following cells, even when those cells have data in them, just showing a jumble of data on top of data. Clicking on the overrun cells makes the text on top go away (but it will remain in cells even farther down the road to the right), and it comes back. <br><br>It's a glitchy problem, not just a setting imho. It goes away if I &quot;wrap text&quot; on offending cell but then I can't...

T/F Can't set Hyperlink base from within macro
Excel 2000. I wanted to set the Hyperlink base from within a macro. Then I read: "BuiltinDocumentProperties Property Returns a DocumentProperties collection that represents all the built-in document properties for the specified workbook. Read-only." Among the listed built-in properties is "Hyperlink Base". Putting that together with "read only", I deduce that although I can set the Hyperlink Base as a user, this cannot be done via a macro. Am I correct or is there a loophole somewhere that would allow me to do this? Chris Beall Hi Chris: Sub chris3() ...

Ctrl arrow left key no longer jumps entire word?
When scrolling through a document, my 'Ctrl+arrow right' key jumps forward the entire word however recently my 'Ctrl+arrow left' key will NOT jump back the entire word. How can I correct this??????????? Something, maybe an add-in, has disabled the shortcut. To put it back, use the procedure in http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AsgnCmdOrMacroToHotkey.htm to reassign the Ctrl+Left shortcut to the WordLeft command. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to th...

CFile::GetStatus throws an exception when run from CD
I have a small app that is checking to see if the file dotnetfx.exe is present in the same directory as my executable. I am running VS.NET 2003 and using unmanaged C++. Everything works great, as long as my executable is not on a CD. When burned to CD, the call to GetStatus will throw "the parameter is incorrect". The strings are correct (and obviously it runs fine when not burnt to CD). CString strHelpFilePath = AfxGetApp()->m_pszHelpFilePath; int iFileLoc = strHelpFilePath.ReverseFind(_T('\\')); CString strFxLoc = strHelpFilePath.Left(iFileLoc + 1) + ...

Macros #12
I didn't see a group for Excel Macros so I'm posting here. I created a macro, saved it in the workbook that I was working on, gave it a short cut key stroke and it all worked perfectly. When done with the exercise I deleted the macro from that workbook. When I open a new workbook the ctrl key still activates the macro. I can't find where or how I delete the short cut key combo for that macro? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. SteveR "Steve" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in news:ebQ92OWsFHA.3604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I didn't see a gro...

Goto Macro #2
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K I require a macro that when I place a number in a cell that the curser then jumps to a particular cell (or range name if that is the better way to do it) ie; Action In cell A1 I type the number 1 Result The curser jumps to cell A20 Action In cell A1 I type the number 2 Result The curser jumps to cell A21 etc etc etc Any help is much appreciated John Calder John In the sheet module.................... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is No...

Error Running Inventory Site Combiner 7.5
Hello I am trying to run the Inventory Site Combiner in Great Plains Version 7.5 SP5. I am receiving the following error [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKPOP40800'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'POP40800'. I checked the ODBC connection setup and is correct. Any ideas? Thanks, Brian ...

Macro open a file in any drive/directory
Hello, I'm tryign to do a macro that will open a file. I want it to bring up the Open File dialog, so that users can search the file they want. Example, the file might be in any drive and one user might call the file differently, so need to be able for users to open the file. I know there'' GetFile code, but can't figure right coding. please advise any help. thank you, juan To show the file>open window use Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Juan" <jhernan562@aol.com> wrote in message news:00c601c3dc5e$45ef40d0$a401...

rent received/balance owed/running balance spreadsheet
I am looking for a spreadsheet?? that shows me the rent owed then paid by the renter and balance if any per month, but do not know how to build one! A very simple balance sheet assuming a monthly rent: A1:D1 column headings: A1: Date B1: Rent C1: Payments D1: Under/Over Paid Then in cell A3 enter the formula: =IF(A2="","",IF(DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,DAY(A2))<TODAY(),DATE(YEAR(A2),MONTH(A2)+1,DAY(A2)),"")) and copy down as far as you need. All cells should remain with a blank display until a date (more then a month old) is entered in A2 then automaticall...

Macro help please
First I'll say hello. I'm short of time right now, but will be back soon. I do have a problem to solve. I'm trying to write a macro that monitors a cell (W30) and then runs a sub when the value of the cell changes to "1". The sheet will run 24/7, and so should the macro. The value of the sheet will change via DDE link. I've tried macros that detect a cell change in value, but they insist on the (enter) key. Thanks for any help in advance. Gotta run, be back soon. :cool: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Send To Macro
Hi guys, I can set a macro to send the workbook to an emai address/group. What I'm looking for is a way to send just a hyperlin to the file itself instead of the file. FILESIZE being the issue here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate -- theshelton ----------------------------------------------------------------------- thesheltons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1544 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 This may help: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3EC1827F.CA57713B%40msn.com But read the w...

product key 04-28-10
Hi, I had a virus on my computer. I had to restore to factory settings. I went to reinstall office2007 and when I put in the product key it tells me it is "incorrect." How do I reinstall office? Please help. You can email me at mmfouad@gmail.com Mike Your Office 2007 did it come with your computer or did you purchase the Office 2007 separately with a Retail purchase -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "mike" <mike...

Applying the same macro to multiple Visio documents
Hi, I have created a macro which allows me to convert some of the information in my visio documents to text file. The problem is that I have dozens of visio files which I need to apply this macro to in order to create text files for each of these files. Is there an easy way in which I can apply the macro to all these files? Maybe there is a quick way of loading a macro into an visio document so that it runs when you open the visio file. Thanks for your help, Barry. There is an example of looping through a directory of Visio files at visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm. Look at the second item la...

Macros--excel 2000...
The stop dialog box, should but does not appear when I begin to write a macro. Thus I am unable to write a macro using relative cell reference. What do I have to do to get the sstop dialog box to show up when I initiate a amcro? To reactivate the Stop Recording toolbar: Choose Tools>Macro>Record New Macro Click OK Choose View>Toolbars>Stop Recording Click the Stop Recording button (the blue square) The next time you record a macro, the toolbar should automatically appear. When you're finished recording, click the Stop Recording button If you close the toolbar by click...

delete personal macro
Hi, I've created a macro in my personal wkbk,however, I dont know how to delete the macro completely. I tried to delete from tool --> macro.... , a pop up says I hav to unhide a wkbk to perform. For this, I dont really understand which workbk its asking actually? The orginal one when I was creating the marco? thx The workbook to unhide is Personal.xls. You do that from the Window menu. /On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:15:04 -0800, "kalz" <kalz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I've created a macro in my personal wkbk,however, I dont know how to delete &g...