What does "Workbook has no bound sheets" mean?

I'm working with spreadsheets in Excel 2000, and keep getting the message
"Workbook has no bound sheets", and then get promptly thrown out of Excel.

Any idea why I keep getting this message, and how I can stop getting it?

I got this error in Excel today, 11jan06.  I developed a spreadsheet in
Excel 2003 under WinXP and created a Name that referred to a range in
an external file, another Excel spreadsheet.

I update the 'other' spreadsheet from an accounting application (which
exports its data in .XL5, yes 'five', format).  I simply renamed the
exported file extension from .XL5 to .xls and went on my merry way,
assuming my named link would work.  That's when I started getting the
error.

After lots of frustrating attempts to figure this out, I simply opened
the 'other' file in Excel and saved it back on itself in 'Microsoft
Office Excel Workbook (*.xls)' format.  The 'no bound sheets' error has
gone away.

I hope this helps someone else out there...

--
jeffo25
jeffo25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30390

What does "Workbook has no bound sheets" mean?
I'm working with spreadsheets in Excel 2000, and keep getting the message "Workbook has no bound sheets", and then get promptly thrown out of Excel. Any idea why I keep getting this message, and how I can stop getting it? I got this error in Excel today, 11jan06. I developed a spreadsheet in Excel 2003 under WinXP and created a Name that referred to a range in an external file, another Excel spreadsheet. I update the 'other' spreadsheet from an accounting application (which exports its data in .XL5, yes 'five', format). I simply renamed the exported file e...

What does "Workbook has no bound sheets" mean? #2
I'm working in Excel 2000, and keep getting the message "Workbook has no bound sheets" in one of my spreadsheets. After the message appears, I'm promptly thrown out of Excel. What does the message mean, and how can I prevent gettting it? robin Probably means you have some corruption. See the postings at this google search. http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?enc_author=lFBCgRsAAABks-w3tBEEX3-WUJXeDqszdMYsdG2zUuj_Y4WhIyfi5Q Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:11:06 -0800, "robinsgate" <robinsgate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I&#...