What does the [Group] in a file name mean?

I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the
designation of "[Group]" in them. Does anybody know what
the relevance of this and if it is known to cause any
problems.

Thanks for your feedback.

EES
0
bvmg (1)

Hi
this indicated that you have 'grouped' several sheets (selected them
together). Simply select on single tab name to remove this.

Note: In group modus a change done on the active sheet will also be
done in all grouped sheets

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

EES wrote:
> I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the
> designation of "[Group]" in them. Does anybody know what
> the relevance of this and if it is known to cause any
> problems.
>
> Thanks for your feedback.
>
> EES

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/2/2004 10:56:55 PM
EES

The [Group] means two or more worksheets are grouped together.

If you look at your sheet tabs, two or more will be white in color.

You can ungroup by clicking on one of the ungrouped sheets or by
right-clicking on a tab and selecting "ungroup sheets".

Potential problems.........whatever you have have done to one sheet while in
group mode will have been done to all sheets in the group.

i.e.  entering data or formatting of one sheet will be replicated on the
others.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:48:05 -0700, "EES" <bvmg@bvmed.com> wrote:

>I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the
>designation of "[Group]" in them. Does anybody know what
>the relevance of this and if it is known to cause any
>problems.
>
>Thanks for your feedback.
>
>EES

0
Gord
8/2/2004 10:59:17 PM
It means you've selected more than one worksheet in the workbook.

You can ungroup them by right-clicking a grouped sheet's tab and
choosing UnGroup.

It can cause all kinds of problems, since any change to one grouped
worksheet is also made in all grouped sheets.

In article <9c9a01c478e2$c5eb2300$a401280a@phx.gbl>,
 "EES" <bvmg@bvmed.com> wrote:

> I have worked with 2 to 3 Excel files that have the
> designation of "[Group]" in them. Does anybody know what
> the relevance of this and if it is known to cause any
> problems.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Public Folder link to Excel File

Renaming Partial File Names

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

If a worksheet name is = to test then a msgbox appears
I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. For example, if the name of a sheet in a workbook is equal to test then display msgbox saying sheet already exists. Thanks Vick dim ws as worksheet set ws = nothing on error resume next set ws = worksheets("test") on error goto 0 if ws is nothing then msgbox "doesn't exist" else msgbox "already exists" end if Vick wrote: > > I'm looking for a macro that will display a msgbox if a worksheet is = to test. > > For example, if the name of a sheet in a w...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...

crop files
I've a file with this structure Code value 0001 dfdf 0002 ddgdfg 0001 dsdfsd 0001dfdgdsgds 0002 defert I'd like to crop this file in 2 different files ..one for 0001 and the other for 0002 with of course Code value for both and then block a cell in both. the name of the file and the name of the sheet should be given with a textbox input and they will be the same for both.. the directory will be the same of the main file. any hints?? or a guide I should follow since I'd like to learn and do everything by myself??? thanks Rossella Try Data>Filter>Advanced Filter HTH -- AP ...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...