what does it mean when the date is nothing but #######?

I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not showing
the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it isn't
doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date?
0
Ninabean (4)

It's a negative date. Go to tools|options|calculation and check the 1904
date system. Hopefully this will cure the problem.

--
Ian
--
"Ninabean" <Ninabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not
>showing
> the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it
> isn't
> doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date?

0
me1 (409)
9/12/2005 1:48:17 PM
It didn't do anything! What next?

"Ian" wrote:

> It's a negative date. Go to tools|options|calculation and check the 1904
> date system. Hopefully this will cure the problem.
>
> --
> Ian
> --
> "Ninabean" <Ninabean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using the invoice template and all of a sudden today, it is not
> >showing
> > the date. I have tried to delete it and type in the date again, but it
> > isn't
> > doing anything. How do I fix it to show the date?

0
Ninabean (4)
9/12/2005 1:57:04 PM
Try making the column a little wider or the font smaller...

--
coreman
coreman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27160

that didn't work either

"Stephen Bullen" wrote:

> Hi Ninabean,
>
> Make the column wider?
>
> Regards
>
> Stephen Bullen
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
>
> Professional Excel Development
> The most advanced Excel VBA book available
> www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

0
Ninabean (4)
9/12/2005 2:57:03 PM
I figured it out...Thanks!

"coreman" wrote:

> Try making the column a little wider or the font smaller...
>

> --
> coreman
> coreman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27160
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466785

0
Ninabean (4)
9/12/2005 3:21:01 PM
Hi Ninabean,

Make the column wider?

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev

What was the problem

--
corema
coreman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2716
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46678

Date function in Excel 2000
Hi I'm trying to do a timesheet for work and I want the week to run from Sunday to Saturdya with a 5 row gap in between each day. Is there any way of doing this. I've tried fill but it only does it in the next row. Cheers Ian Put the first date in row 1, the second in row 7. Select the cells in rows 1-12, and just drag and copy. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ian" <ian@ilockett.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:diuifk$1eq$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > Hi > I'm trying to do a timesheet for work and I want t...

Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this, thanks.. In 2007 Also.. "Knee2no" wrote: > Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, > once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days > before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is...

Colour in Cells containing dates
I want to have a column on cells containing expiry dates that change colour the closer they become to their expiry date. So they would be red if say they have 30 day's to go before expir Bobby "bobby todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B172303-08C5-4B0D-AAA5-AAEDE387CDE9@microsoft.com... > I want to have a column on cells containing expiry dates that change colour the closer they become to their expiry date. So they would be red if say they have 30 day's to go before expiry > > Bobby You need Conditional Formatting (Format menu...

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

Excel date intervals look up
Hi Im trying to lookup a value based on date intervals for academic years, using birthday to find the year. So for example if I enter a birthday of 22/09/1997 then it will bring me the name of the academic year. Please I appreciate any help. below is my table to look up. 01/09/2005 31/08/2006 Reception 01/09/2004 31/08/2005 Reception 01/09/2003 31/08/2004 Year 1 01/09/2002 31/08/2003 Year 2 Juniors 01/09/2001 31/08/2002 Year 3 01/09/2000 31/08/2001 Year 4 01/09/1999 31/08/2000 Year 5 01/09/1998 31/08/1999 Year 6 - 11+ transfer 2010** High school year - 2009 01/09/1997 ...

Forms dating
I have a form setup for entry of a accounts payable voucher. The form is created off of a table and seems to work fine in creating the records, along with the find and duplicate command buttons I have created to decrease the data entry. So I am stuck on 2 things to finish this up. I need the voucher date field to update with today's date, it will on a fresh entry but not if I utilize the duplicate function. Is there a way to accomplish this? ...

How do I write a auto insert for file name\path\date etc?
I want to create a macro that inserts the following information: author\file name\file path\date. I created one in 2003 but for the life of me cannot figure out how to do an equation or formula necessary to do this. Help! Hi Nita, I think that you're looking for something like the following: Dim sInfo As String With ActiveDocument sInfo = .BuiltInDocumentProperties("Author") & " \ " & _ .Name & " \ " & .Path & " \ " & Date End With Selection.TypeText Text:=sInfo HTH, Dave ...

Formating cells with date format
Hi everyone. I have a worksheet with two columns. The first with date and the other with text formated cells. When I enter in the first one data with the year < 1900 the format never assumes the right date format Can anyone provide me with some explanation about this? Regs Alexandre Duarte http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm "Alexandre Duarte" <AlexandreDuarte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71113928-7E5A-4446-AD44-82BFE938BBF2@microsoft.com... > Hi everyone. > I have a worksheet with two columns. The first with date and the other > wi...

How do I copy a date from excel to a outlook calender?
I am looking to produce a spreadsheet with various amounts of data on. One of the bits of data will be appointment dates. Can Excel, (or any other database) update outlook appointments with either little on no user intervention? If so, how? ...

OnChange
I'm looking for an OnChange script to generate a date in a certain field. The issue : I have a picklist of three items; '1 year', '2 year' and '3 year'. This is field "term" The datefield is called "startdate" I want to generate a field called "renewaldate", what has to be generated of "date" + "term". I'm not a scripter, but I am learning :) With the upper script I would certainly understand the scriptlanguage. This should help you to get started: var years = 0; switch(crmForm.all.new_term.DataValue) { ...

Dates before 1900
How does excel treat dates that are before 1900? Is there a way to automatically format March 16, 1836 so excel recognises it as a value that can be used in calculating number of days between dates as is done for post 1900 dates? John Walkenback has a free add-in that you can download from here: http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/working_with_pre_1900_dates/ Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 22, 1:01=A0pm, Cordlina <Cordl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How does excel treat dates that are before 1900? Is there a way to > automatically format March 16,...

Subtracting dates from years
hello I wonder if someone can help me. I need to deduct a number of years from a date. If you do cell - yrs ie: 24/07/2038 - 65 = 20/05/2038 but I need 24/07/2038 - 65 = 24/07/1973 When I use the Function Wizard this works =DATE(MONTH(A1), DAY(A1), YEAR(A1) -65) But does not display on the worksheet as so. always shows an incorrect date from 1909, This will work as an alternative, format the cell as date =DATEVALUE(MONTH(A1) & "/" & DAY(A1) & "/" & YEAR(A1)-65) With the date in A1: =date(year(a1)-65,month(a1),day(a1)) allison.rogers@friendsprov...

access system date format
dears, in access 2000 format while programing on the forms i used dd/mm/yy date format ( that is my system date format) but where on the any new system with other system date format ( say mm / dd/yy) is causing major error how to set right with this please ? Access handles this automatically, according to the user's settings in the Windows Control Panel under Regional Options. If your regional options are dmy, then that's how the dates are presented to you, and how Access interprets what you type in the user interface. If another user's settings are mdy, that's how Acc...

Convert Date Range in One Cell into 2 Cells
I have an Excel Sheet with a *Date Range * contained in *One Cell*, i the following format: Column-A 6/23/04 - 6/30/04 (in Cell A1, formatted as Text) 10/15/04 - 10/22/04 (in Cell A2, formmated as Text) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (many more rows in Co A) How can I separate the 2 dates contained in the one cell, so that th dates can be in their own separte Cells ? In my example, would wan Cell A1's *1st date * of 6/23/04 placed in a new cell, and Cell A1' *2nd date * of 6/30/04 placed in another new Cell. Need a *VBA approach *...

how to put date slashes in to a column of number
hi all, I have a spreadsheet which has two colums full of numbers, they are dates but just written as numbers i.e. 20050923 for today's date. How can I change them so that they show up as 2005/09/23? I've tried to customize them but it won't work. thanks! -- bluebean ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bluebean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25951 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470165 try the following: In the format/Cells menu you can enter user defin...

Send Email with Suggestion Dates
Hi guys, I want to send an email to my team where they can let me know WHEN everywhere is unavailable during December, so as to organise an xmas event. I was therefore wondering if I can send an email out with a December calendar, where people can select specific days and send it back to me. At the end this, when all 8 reply, I want to know which days everyone is available. I appreciate your help, Thanks ...

Date() at fiscal year
Hi, I have an expression that works perfectly, (I got it here, I think), except for one minor problem. I need the date to increase by one year, this year, as of July 1 of this year. My professors don't get another year's experience until they finish the second semester, on the fiscal year, July 1. YearsExperience: DateDiff("yyyy",[DateofHire],nz([DateofTTHire],Date())+[CreditServiceYears]) This calculates the numberf of years experience based on the current date, however, I need the Date() to be as of 7/1 of the current year. I tried serializing the date() part to...

Changing a date within a cell
Hi Could someone please help me. I have the same data in approximately 50 sheets and was wondering i there was any way I could change the date within the cell withou typing the date in manually 50 times. For example. I have separate cells that contain the below data: CBA Sep 06 NAB Sep 06 WBC Sep 06 How do I change the above cells to reflect Oct 06? Thanks For your help Davi -- david7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=798 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

Display Date on Chart
Hello all, Is there a way to link a chart to a cell on a spreadsheet that contains the date? What I want to do is generate weekly charts on production data, and pick up the date that's put in a cell and display it either in the chart title or near it. Can that be done? Thanks, Brian You can use a shape from the drawing toolbar>select it>in the formula box type in =$d$18 if cell d18 contains the date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "diablo" <nomail@mail.not> wrote in message news:%23iyTeDyCHHA.3660@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > He...

X Axis .. Date Problem
I'm having a problem charting data. BLocking Column A and B, rows 3 - 10. Coulmn A contains date that are not consecutive. When I chart the data, the axis that contains the date shows the dates in consecutive numbers. Date Jan-04, Mar-04, Jun-04, Sep-04 What displaces Jan-04, Feb,-04, Mar-04, Apr-04, May-04, Jun-04, Jul-04, etc Any idea why this happening? XP Pro, Office 2003 Thanks .. Phil Phil - Excel recognized the dates, and helpfully made the chart with a time scale axis. This is a semi-numerical axis with the dates arranged sequentially, and the axis labels populated f...

lost dates in outlook xp calendar
Often we find that appointmens put on our shared calendar in Outlook XP dissapear. I have found some of these items have mysteriously lost there dates and so they don't appear on the calendar, only in the appointments list. Any help on this? Thanks. Dianne ...

Moving messages among folders- sometimes date changes
I am trying to move items from a PST inbox from an older POP email account to a newer IMAP account inbox in Outlook 2007. Sometimes when I move messages (by selecting 1 or more messages and dragging), they move just fine keeping the original date. Sometimes, they have the current date (date I moved them) as the received date. Obviously, when the date changes it screws everything up. I cannot figure out why it does it one way sometimes and another way other times. Any ideas? On Feb 16, 7:37=A0pm, Mike C <michaelj...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to move items from a PS...

Quick Date / Text query
Good evening all, This hopefully will be simple: I have in cell $A$1, =TODAY() (Formatted as dd/mm/yyyy) but also use $A$1,(&$A$2) as a list for data verification, so that in the drop-down box, one chooses from either "02/12/2003" or "". [""=($A$2)] My question being, is it possible to have "Today", rather than "02/12/2003", appearing in the drop-down box? Us usual suggestions welcome. Cheers, Mathew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.545 / Viru...

To MVPs who installed OS 10.4: Tiger Keychain Access will NOT import MS certificates; MS article out of date
Help, please? When I asked a few days ago how to import the Microsoft Intermediate Certificate and Microsoft Entity Certificate from Panther's Users/~/Library/Keychains to Tiger's Users/~/Library Keychains J.E. McGimpsey thoughtfully responded "See: <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;887413> Unfortunately, Tiger's Keychain Access Utility does is very different from Panther's, and the article at the above address refers to ways to import or re-create that no longer work. If I go into the Finder, I clearly see the two certificates in my user...

Excel date
How can I auto. populate the current date in an Excel spreadsheet. In Word, I can begin to type the current date and Word suggests the current date. Can this be done in Excel? Ward, Use CTRL+; -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ward Harriman" <harrimw@wamc.com> wrote in message news:026701c377bc$7c6581d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How can I auto. populate the current date in an Excel > spreadsheet. In Word, I can begin to type the current > date and Word suggests the current date. Can this be done > in Exc...