What controls default date when entering date fragment?

I know there has got to be a simple answer to this, but I
just can't find it...

What controls the date that defaults into a cell when you
type in just a day, e.g. when I type in "23", what
causes "23-Jan-00" to default in?

I want it to default to "23-May-04", but since I got my
new PC, I have to specify both the day and the month to
get the correct date.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
if the cell is formated as date the numeric value 23 is interpreted as
date: 23 - Jan - 1900
No chance without macros for other defaults

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Sharon C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I know there has got to be a simple answer to this, but I
> just can't find it...
>
> What controls the date that defaults into a cell when you
> type in just a day, e.g. when I type in "23", what
> causes "23-Jan-00" to default in?
>
> I want it to default to "23-May-04", but since I got my
> new PC, I have to specify both the day and the month to
> get the correct date.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Mapping Records to multiple fields of a treeview control or cascading combo box
Hi seems I am unable to provide an appropriate search criteria for my problem.... Can someone help me out of this problem. I am trying to link a list of records captured in a listbox in my form each of which can be mapped to one or more nodes in a treeview control or a cascading list box. A given process comprises primarily of a set of hierarchically related subprocesses like a treeview structure a parent process contains multiple child subprocesses which further has its own set of child processes. Say P denots the parent process contains Q1,Q2,Q3...Qn as child subprocesses. which has further...

Don't allow checks in Payroll to be dated back to a closed year.
Clients occationally enter a check date in error there are not errors or warnings to provent them from posting the check back to the closed year. There are safeguards for Financial to keep it from posting to the GL, but not payroll. Luckily the client can remove the 2004 year end file, void the checks and then re-create the year end file. We would like to see some prevention in this area. You have marked the periods in the prior year closed for the Payroll module? "JJONES from InterDyn-Artis" <JJONES from InterDyn-Artis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Calculating a Date
I have two fields in a query: "Date Completed" (mm/dd/yyyy) and "Time Used (hours)" (nn.n). I am trying to calculate a third "Date Started". Assuming an eight-hour day, I am trying to use the expression [Date Completed] - [Time Used (hours)]/8 but I can't figure out which Date/Time functions to use to convert my dates and hours to the same units to do the calculation and then back to a date again. I am using Access 2007 and am not all that competent with it. Thank you in advance for your help! You can try the following. DateValue(DateAd...

Changing Year in Date Range
I am using a crosstab query for selecting data for a date range spanning 12 months over two different years using a "Between & And" date range e.g Between #01/04/07# And #31/03/08# For the following 12 month period I can manually change the Year numbers in the above criteria. my question is: is it possible to change or select the Year number without having to change it manually in the query design view by say a parameter box? Have you considered using this --- Between CVDate("4/1/"&Format(Date(),"yyyy")) And CVDate("3/31/"&Format(Da...

Default payee?
Last week, Money started entering "Whole Foods" as the payee on every debit card transaction that I download from my bank. I don't know how this happened, but how do I change this? I don't want to have to change it on every transaction, because it also automatically uses "Food: groceries" as the category and keeps it that way even when I change the payee from the transaction window. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Tricia wrote: >Last week, Money started entering "Whole Foods" as the >payee on every debit card transaction that I download ...

Tab Ordering / Default Focus
Just two quick questions about tab ordering and the button that has the initial focus on startup. 1: Is there an easy way to specify tab ordering like VB, or do I need to make an accelerator? 2: How can I set the focus to a specific button on startup of the application. I've tried... m_MyButton->SetFocus(); which is located in the OnInitDialog(), but it does not seem to work. Any ideas? Thank you for your assistance. To adjust the tab order in VC6, select the dialog from the resource editor, then from the main menu seldect Layout->Tab Order In VS5.NET, select the di...

Set up default chart
I always use the same chart type (XY), and am tired of changing the font size, background color, etc. every time I create a new chart. Is there a way to change the default settings for new charts? Thank you, Rob Rob wrote on Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:06:18 -0400: R> I always use the same chart type (XY), and am tired of R> changing the font size, background color, etc. every time I R> create a new chart. Is there a way to change the default R> settings for new charts? R> Thank you, R> Rob You might want to look into templates. Try Help for a start. Templates are...

Why does all text appear bold when adding controls to a new frame window?
I have been trying to solve this bug for some time now. When I make a child window and place two Rich Edit Controls and a Button to it, the text in it appears BOLD by default. The button is a "send" button which copies all the RTF format text to the other RichEditControl. I also have other buttons which make the characters inputted Bold,Italic, or Underlined. But by default everything in the RichEdit Control as well as the button texts are "BOLD". And that really does not serve the purpose. Watever controls I add to the frame window, all its text is in BOLD. I am sure...

converting date and time fields
Hello, I have columns that contain date and time in the "14/07/2003 17:57:00" format. I need to convert them into date-only and time-only fields (not only visually). How do I get rid of the date/time part? Thanks thanks! "Laura Cook" <laura@top-brands.com> wrote in message news:eP$BBBzZDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > With date and time in column A, in B1 enter: > > =INT(A1) > > Format as a date. Now in C1 enter: > > =A1-B1 > > Format as a time. > > Copy the formulas down as far as needed. If you no longer need column A, > ...

Layered window Crash Problem with Web Browser Control
hi, all I placed a web browser Activx object into a layered window in Win XP.When I continusely use web browser to load MS office document(*.doc,*.xls) ,it will easily crash the whole system(win32k.sys crash), but every thing is fine in windows 2000 or I just navigate the web site use webbrowser. Is that a bug of windows XP? Please give some hints. You can download sample from here http://s87799026.onlinehome.us\temp\testweb.zip (VC 6.0) Thanks in advance Bravew. ...

resize control checkbox with cell
First question: One of the tab in my workbook has several checkboxes arranged in a number of columns. One of the set is over the cells, say, A1:A20. I would like to attach these checkboxes to the cell they belong to so that they will have exactly the same size with their cells, and resized along with the cells. Is this possible? Second question: How much overhead does control checkbox has over simply using cell.value = "Y" or "N" ? I just saw an answer to another post concerning toggling a cell between "" and "X". If this works, I could remove ...

Carriage returns in control source
I'm trying to format my control source in a report. Currently I am using the format [field1] & " " & [field2] & " " & [field3] to concatenate data. Instead of adding a space between the fields, I want to add a carriage return and drop the next field to the next line and so on so that each 'field' is really on it's own line. I don't want to make three separate text fields to accomplish this task because I need to have the retrieved data aligned equally with each other, and if [field2] is null, I want to have [field3] 'move up...

After running a macro the first character, entered, is swallowed
Hello, after running of any macro sometimes the first character, entered, is swallowed in Word 2000 (on Windows XP SP3). Unfortunately I connot reproduce the exact circumstances for this strange behaviour - therefore the expression 'sometimes', but I can reproduce it on different computers. What may be the reason for this strange behaviour; how can this problem be resolved? Thomas Wiedmann We would have to see the code of the macro(s) to have any chance of helping you. It sounds like perhaps the document does not have the focus after the macro is run. -- ...

Outlook Send/Receive problems when separating imap.pst from default location
We are having a problem when using Outlook 2002 upgraded from 2000. Using IMAP as the only mail account the Send/Receive button no longer works (for some users - not all users). I know all about the default local folder (Outlook Today) Inbox issues having to be the default but this one is that it won't automatically check for message and the Send/Receive button doesn't work when splitting out the email.pst file (again this only affects some users). This happens when we separate out the email.pst file from the default Documents and Settings folder. We didn't want all the cached ...

Query Date Range
How can I use Between/And to prompt for date range that includes the start and end date? Hi, Design a select query for your table. add all fields to the design grid. In criteria box of the date field write this Between #BeginningDate# And #EndingDate# and run the query to find results. JB "karenfocus" wrote: > How can I use Between/And to prompt for date range that includes the start > and end date? My current criteria is in a query date field and is written Between [Enter start date] And [Enter end date] but when I run the query from the first day of the month to the...

Date order #2
I was wondering how i sort dates in time order. I am making a bowlin score average sheet and I have put the scores in, but not i chronological order. I have five colums across and was wondering i when i sort the dates will all the other information stay with the sam date. Thank -- scottnoddin7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottnoddin77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2665 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39932 Scott, If you've typed bona-fide dates, they'll s...

Date Conditional in Javascript
I have a date-only attribute called CFDDateReceived that I was setting to the current date in an OnLoad event script as follows: crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date(); It worked fine when creating new cases, but it was also resetting existing case dates. I have tried every which way I can think of to change this statement to a conditional. My latest effort as follows: if (crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue == "" ) {crmForm.all.CFDDateReceived.DataValue = new Date();}; I know it's got to be somethiing simple, but it seems to be beyond me. Ca...

Importing image into Image Control on a Form
Access97 I have a form for spare parts information and selection. For the parts I have a library of jpg files held in a shared drive. When the operator selects a part number in a list I have the image appear in an Image control on the form - this is working very well and is fast. But there is a pesky "Importing [image path and filename]..." box flashing momentarily on the screen each time. Is there a way to suppress/hide this pop-up ? Any help gratefully appreciated. Piri Check http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0038.htm at "The Access Web" -- Doug Steele, Microsoft A...

default row height and column widths
I need to paste alarge amount of text into a cell without affecting the width of column or height of row Hi, I couldn't get my copy of Excel (2003) to do otherwise, without choosing either Format> Cells> Alignment> Wrap text or Format> Column> AutoFit Selection AFTER pasting text into the cell. Are you saying this is not your experience? PS: posting your e-mail address in a public forum is a good way to get both spam and viruses sent to it. -IanRoy "purchasing@overstocks.com.au" wrote: > I need to paste alarge amount of text into a cell without affecting ...

Tab Control and On Click Event
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01CAB531.4407FE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a tab control object with two tabs: Front & Back. I also have a Text Box called txtSelected. Here is what I can't seem to get working: Onclick Front - I would like txtSelected to = "1" Onclick Back - I would like txtSelected to = "2" Any suggestions would be appreciated. J ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01CAB531.4407FE80 Content-Type: text/html; charset=&quo...

Enter password, even if it's stored...
Whenever I open Outlook 2002, before it runs 'Send/Receive 'it asks me for a password for my email carrier EVEN THOUGH THE PASSWORD IS STORED. When you add email accounts, there's a check-button that says "REMEMBER PASSWORD". It's checked so why do I have to keep entering my pasword. Any ideas? Thanks. You might have problems with the protected storage provider. Since you didn't mention what operating system is involved in this equation, try one of the following. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 http://support.microsoft.co...

Access the "automatically suggest a name to enter" data ?
When typing in a name in a new e-mail, Outlook automatically suggests a name to enter, and I like this. However, I have many in there that I would like to add to my contacts. At present I do not want to type in "a" and then sellect one, then add it to my Outlook contacts etc and then repeat all they way through to "Z" Other than doing this ONE at a time, is there another way? Thanks You can't even add them one at a time the way you suggest. You can only add your autocompletion cache to your Contacts using third party software. http://www.ingressor.com/deskt...

Default GAL not visible
Hi, I have a e2k3 server where the default GAL is not visable. I know it is there as if I try to create another one I get a system error saying object already exists! Someone said to me that this is because the security permissions for the GAL have been changed to "deny all" or similar for the administrator (or relevant group). Anyone know how I can fix this so that I can see and change the permissisons on the GAL? I logged on to system manager as a non administrator, but I got a MAPI error saying I needed a certain local policy entry added to open the console. The server is ...

TreeView control OCX
Dear All Windows XP Pro Access 2003 Pro SP3 I am looking for an OCX that can I use in a Form, where I can expand - Collapse, use icons and enter description of each item This URL shows some samples that my client wants in his form http://www.jedikeeper.com/rebelscum0000/windows_screen.htm I did a search at Google and I found http://www.ssware.com/fldrview.htm >The Microsoft TreeView control should be able to do all of that. The problem >is, there's not much documentation out there for it. I know they are expensive, but my client now is goig to paid for the OCX, I want to save...

"default" calculation
A1= sub-total 1 A2= sub-total 2 A3=total; that is, sum(A1,A2) .....but in case I want to manually enter A3 (i.e. because there is another additional cost for some reason), I want the user to have that option. However, if the user presses delete on A3, or starts typing something but then backspaces and presses return but then does not enter any new data (perhaps because they realize that they just want to use the formula), rather than have the formula deleted and being left with a completely blank cell, i woud like the formula to recaculate and have that calculated value appear in A3. ...