Web Query broken in Office XP (worked in Excel 97)

Hi, I have an Excel web query that worked fine in excel
97 but will not work in Office XP (on NT4 or XP).
Unfortunately the error reported is completely non-
specific so no point putting in here, suffice to say it
is error 1004. The queries access dynamic data from a
database via a report server. I can run all queries in
Excel 97 or IE with no problem but one is failing in
Excel Office XP. I cannot find any documentation as to
any changes between web queries in Excel 97 vs Excel in
Office XP. So does anyone out there have any information
that may help me resolve this?

Many thanks, Jonathan.
0
anonymous (74722)

If you are doing the query through a macro, copy/paste it here for comments

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Jonathan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have an Excel web query that worked fine in excel
> 97 but will not work in Office XP (on NT4 or XP).
> Unfortunately the error reported is completely non-
> specific so no point putting in here, suffice to say it
> is error 1004. The queries access dynamic data from a
> database via a report server. I can run all queries in
> Excel 97 or IE with no problem but one is failing in
> Excel Office XP. I cannot find any documentation as to
> any changes between web queries in Excel 97 vs Excel in
> Office XP. So does anyone out there have any information
> that may help me resolve this?
>
> Many thanks, Jonathan.

0
Don

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Excel 97 #9

Excel button problem

outlook 97 and express email problems

nested OR in queries
I have a table that has 20 date fields for each record. I need to select any record that has a matching date in at least one of those fields so it becomes a huge OR in a query and I have noticed that I am limited to 9 in a query. Is there a way to do this efficiently or will I need multiple queries to test all 20 date fields? If your table uses multiple date fields, the first thing you'll want to consider is coming up with a new table! In a spreadsheet, adding 20 date fields may be the only way to handle a situation, but you won't get the best use of Access' features and funct...

learning Excel #3

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Excel VBA

Rule won't work
Outlook 2007 I have set up a rule to do the following; When I send or receive a message from a specific contact, play a sound, display in new item alert window, flag for follow up and move to a specific folder. But it is not doing anything. Do I need to change something else? What type of email account? Do other rules work? Does it work if you use any one action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

How do I lock individuals cells within an Excel spreadsheet so th.
i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. Hi first select the cells for which you want to allow entries and goto 'Format - Cells - Protection' and uncheck 'Locked'. Now protect the sheet 'Tools - Protection' "ucastores" wrote: > i am trying to lock cells that have formulas in them, but other cells in the > spreadsheet need to be unlocked so the end users can enter information. ...

Web Servics install error
Hi, I tried installing Web Services today but towards the end of the install I received an error that my user (to be used for Web Services) could not be added to the IIS_WPG group. I had prior to the installation already added this user to the group - and I think this is why the install failed. To fix this, i then removed the user from this group and redid the install. This time it got past the previous point, but sadly again right at the end of the install gave an unexpected error, and I was forced to cancel the install. This user was a user in Active Directory, as well as a SQL user...

View Null Results in Query
i have an access 2003 query SELECT [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])) AS [Date], TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/Time*]),0) AS TimePeriod, Count(*) AS Total FROM [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip] GROUP BY [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].[Event Type], [AlarmData Table Filtered By 60 Min Trip].State, DateSerial(Year([Date/Time*]),Month([Date/Time*]),Day([Date/Time*])), TimeSerial(Hour([Date/Time*]),Minute([Date/...