Web Query #4

Thank you in advance for any help provided to the subject question.  I am
operating Excel 2003.  A data query has been established to pull investment
data from finance.yahoo.com (i.e. stock volume, % ownership of management,
etc.).  The query works fine and pulls approximately 50 values from the
webpage.  My questions is this:  If I have a list of 100 stock symbols how
can I link that list to the web based data query to automatically insert each
symbol into the data query individually and then dump that data automatically
to another worksheet within the same workbook.  Should I use a marco, pivot
table, etc.

I also have a follow up question if time pemits.  If I have a drop down box
within a worksheet how do I link that to the data query so I can simply pick
an individual stock symbol and then have the data query pull the related data
from the web?

Thank you again for any help provided to this question.

1.is the query address is different for each scrip.
2.can each scrip data confined to one row
in which case you can create a vba macro after
downloading the data the data can be transfered to master sheet
that is atleast what I am doing for my scrips in <in.finance.yahoo.com>
there are also other ways in in.finance.yahoo.com

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
=========
"ebgehringer" <ebgehringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you in advance for any help provided to the subject question.  I am
> operating Excel 2003.  A data query has been established to pull
investment
> data from finance.yahoo.com (i.e. stock volume, % ownership of management,
> etc.).  The query works fine and pulls approximately 50 values from the
> webpage.  My questions is this:  If I have a list of 100 stock symbols how
> can I link that list to the web based data query to automatically insert
each
> symbol into the data query individually and then dump that data
automatically
> to another worksheet within the same workbook.  Should I use a marco,
pivot
> table, etc.
>
> I also have a follow up question if time pemits.  If I have a drop down
box
> within a worksheet how do I link that to the data query so I can simply
pick
> an individual stock symbol and then have the data query pull the related
data
> from the web?
>
> Thank you again for any help provided to this question.

Thank you so much for your advice, the answers to your comments are below:

(1)  The query address for each stock symbol is different.
(2)  How do I create the VBA macro you speak of?

"R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:

> 1.is the query address is different for each scrip.
> 2.can each scrip data confined to one row
> in which case you can create a vba macro after
> downloading the data the data can be transfered to master sheet
> that is atleast what I am doing for my scrips in <in.finance.yahoo.com>
> there are also other ways in in.finance.yahoo.com
>

> --
> remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
> =========
> "ebgehringer" <ebgehringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you in advance for any help provided to the subject question.  I am
> > operating Excel 2003.  A data query has been established to pull
> investment
> > data from finance.yahoo.com (i.e. stock volume, % ownership of management,
> > etc.).  The query works fine and pulls approximately 50 values from the
> > webpage.  My questions is this:  If I have a list of 100 stock symbols how
> > can I link that list to the web based data query to automatically insert
> each
> > symbol into the data query individually and then dump that data
> automatically
> > to another worksheet within the same workbook.  Should I use a marco,
> pivot
> > table, etc.
> >
> > I also have a follow up question if time pemits.  If I have a drop down
> box
> > within a worksheet how do I link that to the data query so I can simply
> pick
> > an individual stock symbol and then have the data query pull the related
> data
> > from the web?
> >
> > Thank you again for any help provided to this question.

the data is like this in the active sheet from 4th row (4th row headings and
5 6 7 data act
  col A                    col B            col c  etc (next line)
company name/ yahoo code/ yahoo
code/LTP/DATE/TIME/CHANGE/OPEN/HIGH/LOW--these two lines are in 4 throw
ABHISHEK IND  ABHP.NS  =====this is 5th row col A and B
ADOR WELDING  ADOR.NS  =====6th row
AKSH OPTIFIBRE AKSO.NS  ======7th row
after the column headings only col A and B are there. other column
automatically filled after the sub is run

now run this code

Public Sub Aclear()     'this clears the data which are filled due to sub
Worksheets("sheet1").Activate
Range(Cells(5, 3), Cells(Rows.Count, Columns.Count)).Clear
End Sub

Public Sub Bdownloaddataxp()
Dim source As Range
Dim lastcell As Range
Dim dest As Range
Aclear      ' this clears the data from col C to J except headingss
Set dest = Range("c5")
Set source = Range("B5")
Set lastcell = Range("a5").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0)
   Dim sNWind As String
   Do
'the next two line are one line
'source is the variable of the scrip code inorproated in the web url
   sNWind = "URL;http://in.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=" & source
&"&m=b&f=sl1d1t1c1ohgv&e=.csv"

  Worksheets("sheet1").Activate
   Dim oQryTable As Object

   Set oQryTable = Worksheets("sheet1").QueryTables.Add( _
         sNWind & ";", source.Offset(0, 1))
   oQryTable.Refresh False

source.Offset(0, 1).Copy

Set dest = dest.Offset(1, 0)
Set source = source.Offset(1, 0)
Loop Until source = lastcell
 Ctexttocol
  End Sub

Public Sub Ctexttocol()
Range(Range("C5"), Range("C5").End(xlDown)).Select
Selection.TextToColumns Destination:=ActiveCell, DataType:=xlDelimited, _
        TextQualifier:=xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False,
Tab:=False, _
         Comma:=True
Columns("e:h").NumberFormat = "0.00"
Columns("I:I").NumberFormat = "#,##0"
Columns("a:k").AutoFit
Columns("e:e").NumberFormat = "dd-mmm-yy"

Range("a5").Select

End Sub

after running this code the columns c to J will be filled with formats etc.
you can modify to suit you
this is what I used to get the current data and daily run this sub after
trading is over.  naturally daily I copy the downloaded data to a master
sheet to give historical data.

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
===================

> Thank you so much for your advice, the answers to your comments are below:
>
> (1)  The query address for each stock symbol is different.
> (2)  How do I create the VBA macro you speak of?
>

> "R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:
>
> > 1.is the query address is different for each scrip.
> > 2.can each scrip data confined to one row
> > in which case you can create a vba macro after
> > downloading the data the data can be transfered to master sheet
> > that is atleast what I am doing for my scrips in <in.finance.yahoo.com>
> > there are also other ways in in.finance.yahoo.com
> >

> > --
> > remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
> > =========
> > "ebgehringer" <ebgehringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thank you in advance for any help provided to the subject question.  I
am
> > > operating Excel 2003.  A data query has been established to pull
> > investment
> > > data from finance.yahoo.com (i.e. stock volume, % ownership of
management,
> > > etc.).  The query works fine and pulls approximately 50 values from
the
> > > webpage.  My questions is this:  If I have a list of 100 stock symbols
how
> > > can I link that list to the web based data query to automatically
insert
> > each
> > > symbol into the data query individually and then dump that data
> > automatically
> > > to another worksheet within the same workbook.  Should I use a marco,
> > pivot
> > > table, etc.
> > >
> > > I also have a follow up question if time pemits.  If I have a drop
down
> > box
> > > within a worksheet how do I link that to the data query so I can
simply
> > pick
> > > an individual stock symbol and then have the data query pull the
related
> > data
> > > from the web?
> > >
> > > Thank you again for any help provided to this question.

i forgot to add run the sub<Bdownloaddataxp>

"R.VENKATARAMAN" <vram26@vsnl$$$.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> --
> remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
> ===================
>

> "ebgehringer" <ebgehringer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thank you so much for your advice, the answers to your comments are
below:

> > (1)  The query address for each stock symbol is different.
> > (2)  How do I create the VBA macro you speak of?
> >

> > "R.VENKATARAMAN" wrote:
> >
> > > 1.is the query address is different for each scrip.
> > > 2.can each scrip data confined to one row
> > > in which case you can create a vba macro after
> > > downloading the data the data can be transfered to master sheet
> > > that is atleast what I am doing for my scrips in
<in.finance.yahoo.com>
> > > there are also other ways in in.finance.yahoo.com
> > >

> > > --
> > > remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

CRM 4.0 DESKTOP client for Outlook don't load all options (?)
Today I found some problem in CRM Desktop Outlook client...when I try to create e-mail quick campaign I did't find option "e-mail via mail merge" and the same option for list. In CRM menu (in Outlook) under Otions I didn't found "synchronization" tab. After restart Outlook for few hours all was ok, but after I observed the same situation, restart and all is ok... Is some solution of this problem... ...

Excel formula help #4
Hello! Can somone help me with this formula 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21" 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2" My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"? I want to add the together at the end and get the result "23" but with : and - i only get error. -- johhny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0
How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" Hi Ken, The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again. "Ken Florian" wrote: > How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" ...

Dynamics Security Console and Dynamics Web Services
Hi All I need help I have created a server with windows server 2008 32 bit and installed MOSS I have done all the standard setups and created all the websites ect I have installed Dynamics Webservice witth SP3 When I run Dynamics Security Console and select applications and then SecuritySerivices. I get the following error "Could not access the SecurityService service. Unable to connect to the remote server" Please help Regards Laurie ...

Outlook vs. webaccess crm 4.0
Hi 1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser? 2) What are most common ? thanks for any feedback... It's true you can do everything on the web version or the Outlook version. The biggest feature of CRM is the fact you can everything inside of Outlook and not have to go a different application. Outlook: 1 - Easier concept for end users (especially Sales folk) to grasp. "you don't need to learn a new application - it's ju...

Calling VBA subroutine from a query?
Can I call a VBA subroutine from within an Access query? I wrote some English to Metric conversion routines in the Access VBA code and would like to run a query on the data that will return coverted values. I need to be able to execute this from outside the database (run the query from another program). Yes. The function must be a Public Function in a standard module. You use a calculated control to return the results of the query. ConvertedValue: MyFunction([SomeField]) -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "DavidY" wrote: > Can I call a VBA subroutine from within an ...

Just happened to be scanning the web for something on VB6 and came across this monstrosity
I was looking for a masked textbox for hex input and in the MSDN blurb on How to Create a Numeric Text Box (.Net, naturally, this being Microsoft) my eyes hit upon the following: Dim numberFormatInfo As NumberFormatInfo = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat I mean, you REALLY have to allow that to sink in... System.... ....Globalization.... ....CultureInfo.... .....CurrentCulture.... .....NumberFormat Yeuch! MM On 2010-01-30, MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I was looking for a masked t...

Invalid page fault #4
When I start up Outlook a message displays this program has performed an Illegal Operation. Further explanation describes " Outlook caused an invalid page fault in clthood.dll @0197:61c05319". Just started doing this. When I try to reinstall Outlook, I get a message Unable to run setup. Any suggestions? Hi, Are you sure that the name of the file is correct ? Is it clthood.dll ??? Please verify .. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4cf201c3ffcf$168c6a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Button on Form to Run Report based on Query with Parameters
Hi Guys. I am busy working on a stock control database (and job control). When I have a Form Open, it shows several fields, including JobID (Which is the PK for that job) (frm_Invoicing) I also have a Query that when Run, it prompts for the JobIDNo. (qry_CustJobsInvStock) I have a report based on that query. (rpt_CustJobsInvStock) I have added a button onto the form (onclick -> DoCmd.OpenReport) to open and automatically print the report, But I just cannot figure out how to get it to get my JobID from the form, and to Automatically add it as a Parameter for the que...

Web access for Exchange 2003
What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:39:53 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? > >thanks, > >Raul Rego >rrego@njpies.org > Check that you can access the server from within the network by going to http://server/exchange and then http://server.fqdn.com/exchange If that works then simply opening TCP80 on the firewall and implementing whatever NAT or port forwarding your specific network ...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

customizations import from 3.0 to 4.0
Is is possible to import customizations into a 4.0 system that were exported from a 3.0 install? You will need to upgrade 3.0 implementation to 4.0 by running MS CRM 4.0 setup. Please go through Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Installing Guide. You can download this guide from folowing URL http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714&displaylang=en I don't think that there is any supported way through which you can import 3.0 Customization file to 4.0 implementation. Cheers, Rohit "Leo_B" wrote: > Is is possible to im...

Payroll posting accounts #4
I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am in the Employer´s Tax Expense window I can not fill the SUTA & FUTA code. It displays: "This is not a valid tax witholding code". What can I do to solve it? -- Jorge R. HI Jorge, Just give any dummy account as you are not calucting the SUTA and FUTA then system won't do anything but is require so please full fill all the posting account setup requirement before you proceed. "Jorge" wrote: > I am trying to set up information in the payroll posting accounts, when I am > ...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #4
It there anyway to get the outlook business contact manager information to sync with pocket pc 2003 outlook Try asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the folks who hang out there have all kinds of good links to third party programs. Outlook itself cannot do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Glen asked: | It there anyway to get the outlook business contact | ma...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

Outlook Web Access
I cannot open e-mails forwarded to me from several AOL users. OWA shows "The page cannot be displayed" message. I can open all other e-mails. Looking at the details of the message I find these content types: multipart/mixed, text/plain, message/rfc822, multipart/alternative, text/html, application/msword. text/html is the only one represented in the registry and is in Level2MIMETypes registry entry. Any help on what may be blocking these e- mails is greatly appreciated. ...

how to retrieve data from password protected web pages?
how can I retrieve data from password protected web pages in excel? ...

Conversions #4
I need to know how to convert a number with decimals (10.75) to display in feet and inches (10'-9") in an Excel workbook. Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#carpentry In article <47BCBD75-0C72-45DF-98EF-3C0E5125E503@microsoft.com>, "Curious" <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to know how to convert a number with decimals (10.75) to display > in feet and inches (10'-9") in an Excel workbook. ...

How do I create 4 smaller documents on an 8X11 (gang)?
I have a doc that's currently 8X11; how do I replicate the document at 1/4 scale and gang it four times on the page? Open file, Resize the page area to 4�"x5�". Make everything fit and the way you like it. Now when you print the file you will get 4 copies per sheet. -- Don ------ Vancouver, USA "WhidbeyJack" <WhidbeyJack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCAAE5CA-9E36-4C2F-923C-66C5F5DA527B@microsoft.com... >I have a doc that's currently 8X11; how do I replicate the document at 1/4 > scale and gang it four times on the page? ...

How can I pull out position 4 in a string?
Column A contains a string MyString aaaaaa bbbbbb cccccc dddddd eeemee fffmff gggmgg I want the value of B1 to be the value of A1 unless the 4th character in A1 is a "m". So column B would be B1=aaaaaa B2=bbbbbb B3=cccccc B4=dddddd B5 = empty cell B6 = empty cell B7 = empty cell What's the simplest way to do this? =IF(MID(A1,4,1)="m","",A1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Stephanie" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OjT2P9s2DHA.2528@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Column A contains a string > > MyString > aaaaaa > b...

Matching Zip coded in a Query
I have query that joins two tables using the Zip Codes (only show the records where the Zip codes match). The problem is that in one table, the listing of zip codes, it is 5 digit zip codes. In the main table some of the zip codes are 5+4 zip codes. My current query leave out the 5+4 Zip codes. I want all the records as long as the 5 digit zip codes matches. I quess I could delete the - and the last 4 digits on the main table, but it would be nice to retain the whole zip codes. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!!!!! Use Left(MainTableZipCodeField,5) to compare to the original ...

Printing a Report 2" X 4"
I am using a DB where you select members that have signed up for and art event and print labels using a Dymo printer. The label contains member info, art info, and calculations for sales tax and totals. My problem is that if I make a Label report the calculations do not work the same a making a report. How do I size a report for a 2" X 4" report, which is the Dymo label I want to use, or how do I make calculations work on a label report? Thanks for any help you can provide. -- Doug Small The Dymo printer should have software that creates the 2"x4" label s...

How to print 4 panels on 8.5" x 14" paper
I have been trying to print a document that I made on a 4 panel layout. I changed the paper size to 8.5" x14" and I changed the layout to landscape. The document does not print out correctly. Can anyone help me? Please define "does not print out properly". Just because you change the paper size does not mean that your design will automatically rescale itself to fit in the new size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03F70C7F-D27B-4122-908C-20A926F0A6CA@microsoft.com... &g...

Queries and reports in access Need help please
Hello everyone , I have a little issue to setup a database. I created a table with approximately 20 columns. The columns have an entry of Yes or no base on a questionnaire from survey. What can I do to get a result of my table I would like to know how many "Yes" and "no" I have. I don't know how to add them or get this information. Thanks in advance GABRIEL Gabriel, The first answer to your question is that your table structure is not really the best for this situation, and it will be a lot easier if you can set it up differently. Is your database design set in ...

union queries
I need to build a query which combine records from a number of similar tables. Building a union query works great with "normal" records. Problem is, these tables contain attachments in some fields and MS ACCESS 2007 treat these fields as multi-value fields and does not allow building APPEND or UNION queries with multi-value fields. I am so frustrated with this, because I would like to base my searches and some other queries on this. PLEEEESe help Cheers Dawie Theron On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 05:54:01 -0800, Dawie Theron <DawieTheron@discussions.microsoft.com&g...