Web Query #3

Is it possible to automatically append an Excel file in
web query? In other words I want the next set of data to
be written below the first set and continue as long as
the data is refreshed while usning web query.
0
PWC1 (1)

I think you would need to copy the query info to another sheet and then
amend below that on the next query. You can use a macro to make it
automatic.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Paulo" <PWC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to automatically append an Excel file in
> web query? In other words I want the next set of data to
> be written below the first set and continue as long as
> the data is refreshed while usning web query.

0
Don

How do I increase query field length (>20 characters) ?
I want to exclude 3 or 4 variables from a particular query. Using Not "xx"or"yy" is fine, but when excluding more than this, query fails. I think the problem is that the total text characters is quite large (approx 60 characters in total, from four exclusions). Ideas, please ? 60 characters is not the limit. 1024 characters is the limit. POST the SQL of the query that is not working (View: SQL on the menu) or at a minimum post what you are attempting as the criteria. Also "query fails" does not tell us if you get an error (what is it) or the wrong resul...

Share data across web applications?
I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one web application to another, on the same web server and running within the same website. I'm using .NET Framework v2.0 on a Windows 2003 server (IIS 6.0). Jason Barnett wrote: > I would like to share data across two separate web applications. Is this > possible, other than with Cookies? If so, how might I do it? > > I would like to pass non-sensitive information from one...

Altsoft Xml2PDF 3.0 Released
Altsoft is proud to announce the immediate availability of the new version 3.0 of its .NET based Xml2PDF formatting engine. The major new features of the new version include: All formats: - Significant refactoring and optimization that makes the new version about 3-4 times faster and 2-3 times less memory consuming than the current commercial 2.x release; - New output formats: SVG Basic, raster images and GDI output; - The possibility to embed any supported format into any other; for example, SVG files can embed now XSL-FO pages; - Improved typography including the support of OpenType fonts...

Whats the best web based store for integrating with RMS?
Hi, in the past monts I opened a topic about RMS integration with yahoo stores... and i found that fully integration is not a reality at this moment. What other web based stores can be integrated easily or fully or at least well integrated with RMS? (im planning to purchase the QH for RMS too) Thanks Hello Aldo! We have quite a few carts that will work with Microsoft RMS. Our Web Integrator: Professional is quite robust with its feature set, and affordably priced. http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Professional.htm http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/eCommerce/Web%20Integrator...

Magento Web Store experience?
Does anyone have any experiences they would like to share with the Magento Web Store and interfacing it to GP? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Query wildcard symbols
Just a heads-up in case this bites you, too. I migrated an application from Access 2002 to Access 2007. I have a search form for the users to enter some criteria ... the form dynamically builds a SQL WHERE clause before opening a "results" form based on an underlying query that includes all the fields available to search on. Once in Access 2007 format, the search form opens empty every time?! When I add selection criteria to the underlying query directly, the result set is empty every time?! Oh wait, I'm using the "*" (anything/everything) wildcard character. W...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

NNTP/web-based access (still) horked
[Posting via clunky web-based access at ~12:15 PM PST/20:15 UTC, 10 Jan-10] Right now, web-based access to this newsgroup is not showing any new posts since 12:45 AM PST/08:45 UTC, 09 Jan-10...though AFAIK most posts since then are showing up via NNTP. This has been going on since March 2009, guys. Pull your finger out of it & get it fixed, OK? PS: Happy New Year, Little StevieS! Time to earn that raise, bucko. -- ~PA Bear... Ahh, if only this sort of thing could happen permanently to techarena, eggheadcafe, vistaheads, etc... "PA Bear [MS-MVP]" <PABea...

Outlook Client on Citrix #3
I have a client that is running CRM 3.0 Outlook Client on (2) Citrix servers. They are getting multiple synchronization errors. Any ideas? Let me know what information is needed to make a determination of where the problem is coming from. Thanks CRM 3 is not fully support on terminal services, but these might help you. http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&displaylang=en, which is how to deply CRM on terminal services. Also have a look a this, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=664beb55-1652-474f-ae06...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

Trying install CRM 3.0
Hi guys, I'm tryingo to install the trial version CRM 3.0 but i'm receving two errors: 1) MS SQL SERVER: "MSSQLSvc service principal name not found for account CN=OFFICESYSTEMBR,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=officesystem,DC=com." 2) REporting Services "Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://OFFICESYSTEMBR/Reportserver. Error: The report server cannot decrypt the symmetric key used to access sensitive or encrypted data in a report server database. You must either restore a backup key or delete all encrypted content and then resta...

ActiveSync Web Administration
I want to install the ActiveSync Web Administration Tool into my Exchange site, but the documentation seems to be lacking. I know it needs to be installed on an Exchange server with IIS within the organization. However, I have some confusion, does it need to be on a front-end server, or can it be any server in the org? If it does need to be on a front end server, does it need to be installed on all of them? Anyone, anyone? Yes, install it on your front end server. "Lee" wrote: > I want to install the ActiveSync Web Administration Tool into my > Exchange site, but the do...

timers #3
Hi I am having problems with timers, or more like the rate at which they go off. In this particular example I am setting a timer to go off every 25 milliseconds (40Hz rate). Judging by my printf's in DoTimer() function, the timer goes off at 32Hz rate. Another words, instead of going off every 25 milliseconds it goes off every 31 (or so) milliseconds. I'd like to know why it's happenning and how can I fix it. I can see that once the timer expires, it doesn't get restarted until my handler will return. But I don't think my handler is taking 6 milliseconds... Also, if it&...

Reading empty query returns
When I open a form that has a bound query as the record source, no data appears (including the control objects of the form) if the query's select statement does not finds records that match the criteria I specify. This causes a problem in my VBA code as the variable I use to check the number of records returned by the query does not seem to be able to read empty query returns, even if I use isnull. So I guess I am asking how can I get Access to read an empty result set in VBA from a SQL select statement that is run??? Here is part of my code for this: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName2, , ...

Query Flaw???
I need only one value from an aggregate Query - TheStores, which means the Number of Inspections in a "From - To" Timeframe. I use that as part of a calculation. The "Inspections" table contains only a Store and an InspectionDate. It gives me the result I need...but no Join...the Query has several other Fields from "Randy_F_FindFreq", but has been trimmed as an example here. SELECT Randy_F_FindFreq.AAll, Randy_Insp.TheStores, Round([AAll]/[TheStores],4) AS PerAll FROM Randy_F_FindFreq, Randy_Insp; Is this "sound"? TIA - Bob Without a join yo...

Restoring Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0
We are in the middle of trying to restore Business Portal 4.0 and SharePoint Services 3.0 from one environment to another( Dev to TEST). This includes GP data as well. The Business Portal Dev server points to a GP dev server and the I am wondering if anyone else does this? I think we have it pretty much solved. But there a couple things still not working quite right. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Scott, Thanks for using the newsgroups. What you're doing is quite common. Customers often set up Business Portal in a test environment and verify prior to going live. Int...

Date Formula #3
I am having difficulty with the "NOW" formula. What I would like for it to do is when I enter a value in one cell have it update in another cell the date when the information was entered and that date stay permanenty. What I am having is the date changes to the current date everyday. Is this possible to do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Todd You can do it with the change event of the worksheet This example will place the date/time in the B column if you change a cell in the range A1:A20. Place the code in the Sheet module Right click on a sheet tab and choose ...

Hyperlink from intranet web page
I have created an intranet web page that displays GP data and information from tables that I created. I would like to know if there is a way to hyperlink the Return Doc ID from the web page and have that open the RMA Entry/Update window in GP and display all the info for that return? Glenn You cannot achieve this. In Business Portal, option of calling GP window exists through Back office which requires Terminal services and GP Login as well. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 13, 4:34=A0pm, Glenn_Lasowski <GlennLasow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an i...

Updating Internet Information #3
I have Microsoft Money 99 which I use mainly to do my yearly taxes. Until this year, I have been able to update the tax worksheet by downloading (clicking on "Update Internet Information"). When I click this now, I get a dialog box: Money 99 Online Connection Summary, indicating "Product Information. Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC)" I have tried this several times and received the same message in the last month. Can ...

Landed Costs #3
I deal with hundreds of different landed costs vendors each year. They change frequently and it is getting difficult to create or modify a landed cost everytime I have a new vendor. Great Plains seems to let me create a landed cost without a vendor associated with it, but when I do that is there a proper way to go about paying these vendors later? I would prefer to be able to just create a temporary vendor in AP for each of these landed costs, but wouldn't my accrued purchases effectively double as a result of the landed cost debiting my accrued purchases and the AP invoice debiting my ac...

OWA using a new Web Site
I have recently Installed SBS 2000, by default OWA is operational from the default web site. I have created several new sites in IIS and created the necessary virtual directories to gain access to the exchange mail server. However when I try to go in via a web browser I get the folder/file listing view in IE rather than the templates. All of the settings between the default virtual folders and the domain I wish to use are the same and I am stumped. I can still access the template from the server by going to the address http://localhost/Exchange at the server Any assistance would be apprec...

Worksheet size #3
I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't wide enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? Thanks Avril Hi Avril Excel is limited to 256 columns. This can not be changed. Cheers JulieD "Avril" <Avril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C0900E-D321-4914-BE89-B75A028C2D94@microsoft.com... >I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't >wide > enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? > > Thanks > > Avril Hi so you want more than 256...

Error message 0x8004210A #3
I haven't been able to send/receive email for about one week. I run McAfee Anti-virus and stopping email scan doesn't stop message. Can anyone help? Hi CMarx. please read this here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;827349 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "CMarx" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2f11401c46cee$c42594b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I haven't been able to send/receive email for about ...

Microsoft Query #8
I'm using Excel to query an oracle database. When I go to Microsoft Query to edit my query, I can't view my criteria or tables. I click on the view menu and am unable to select view "criteria" or "tables". Thus, all that shows up in the screen is the data in my query. This has happend to me before. Can anybody help me? I was able to answer my own question. It seems when query is complicated enough, you are unable to view the criteria, since you are now using SQL to query the data. It seems that if you click on the SQL button and scroll down, delete th...