Vlookup with 2 columns

Excel 2000

Is it possible to do a verticle looking comparing 2 columns rather than just
1? Thanks.

Gary

0
garyh1230 (7)

=INDEX(F1:F100,MATCH(C1&C2,D1:D100&E1:E100,0))

it is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Gary H" <garyh@REMOVETHISvisi.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2000
>
> Is it possible to do a verticle looking comparing 2 columns rather than
just
> 1? Thanks.
>
> Gary

0
phillips1 (803)

Canadian Payroll #2
Couple of problems that we are facing with Canadian Payroll, wonder if someone can help us: 1. We were unable to find any cheque form which include advise. We can see such a form in US Payroll but not in Cdn Payroll. There are three forms for Canadian Payroll, all of them say see advise for details. 2. The employee count is incorrect on our machine. There are no companies with the employees set except for Frabricam and it still says that the total number of employees allowed has exceeded. 3. When we backup the data from clients machine and restore on our machine, the control settings ...

adding a column below another larger column
I am making a form that has a wide column in the middle of it. The next row of information for this form has a checklist 4 columns wide. I wanted to make the columns look even but can't because of the larger column above this information. Is there a way to group columns below a certain point of a form so that they don't interfere with wider columns above? I hope this makes sense. I am using Excel 2000. Thanks. I think I know what your talking about. The only way I can think of to work around this is to setup the wide information so that it is actually merged accross several columns...

Error 0x800ccc0f #2
I get an error message "0x800ccc0f" when I try to send an attachment greater than 60kb. Anything less than that, the message sends just fine. Anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Tom B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06f901c3d394$432514b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I get an error message "0x800ccc0f" when I try to send an > attachment greater than 60kb. Anythi...

comfirm task deletion in business portal 2.5
good Afternoon all, When I log into Business Portal, I click on the Create journal entries, I get an : "confirm task Deletion" - Permission for the page associated with the task has been revoked. would you like to remove the task. I am logged on as administrator???? Any suggestions thanks in advance Nic Hi Nic - The tasks you're referring to provide the ability to launch directly into Great Plains windows via Terminal Server (available from any of the Center Pages and as tasks from many of the Information Page Web Parts). In order to use this functionality ple...

cant open outlook #2
so when i first installed office 2007 on my computer a few months ago i tried setting up my email. it didnt work and now when ever i try to open outlook it says "Configuring Outlook Accouts" for about a minute then a window pops up saying "The connection to Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action" so i click "ok" and the window poops up asking for my Microsoft exchange server and my mailbox so i type in that info as far as i know its correct. and i get another popup saying "cannot open def...

Outlook blocked access #2
Hi, I have installed an outlook 2002 , only problem i am facing with emails having attachement such as .exe etc.. it says message "Outllok blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: (blocked attachments list)" can any one help in this issue... Thanx in advance Rgds, Amit Doshi d_ameet@hotmail.com Probably need to turn off the "Option to Use the Unsafe File List" If your using SP1...To turn off the Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus option: Start Outlook Express 6. On the Tools menu, click Opti...

Microsoft 1.2 to 3.0 Migration... SOS!
Hi All, We're attempting to migrate a test enviroment, currently running Windows 2003 Enterprise Server and Microsoft CRM 1.2. During the upgrade advisor I get a warning message stating the following: Microsoft CRM Database ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Warning: The Indexes on the Microsoft CRM database are not consistent with Microsoft CRM 1.2 indexes ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We've never did any customizations on the Microsoft CRM databases therefore all ...

Sort columns under Customize Entities
I can´t sort the columns in the view of an entity under Customize Entities. When I click on a column it should be green and after that I should have the ability to move it left or right. Now it still appear as grey and I have no chance to move the column. I have added the URL to the local intranet zone in Explorer... Hi Martin, This is a javascript limitation on your internet browser which is preventing the Column being selected - this usually occurs when you access MSCRM directly from a Windows 2003 Server where the default Internet Explorer settings are pretty strict. If you acc...

Printing to 2 Printers
Is there any way to send 2 different reports to 2 different printers from One (1) button? Access 2003 Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance D ...

making only specified columns visible
I am trying to create a macro that will allow the user of a spreadsheet to only view specified columns. It is easier to describe using an example: 1/05 1/05 2/05 2/05 3/05 matt 2 4 6 5 3 chris 3 4 2 7 1 sara 1 1 9 8 5 ann 5 4 3 3 6 If the user only wants to see data for the month of Feb., is there a way to have a macro hide all columns except those with a column heading of 2/05? Thank you for your help in advance. The following code goes in the sheet module. It assumes the column headings ar...

How to count last column of data
Using excel VBa, I can count last row of data using lastrow = Worksheets("Spare2").Cells(Rows.count, 1).End(xlUp).row But how to use it for column? lastcol=Worksheets("Spare2").cells(rows.count,1).end(xltoleft).column HTH -- AP "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news: eaEVzG9hGHA.4368@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using excel VBa, I can count last row of data using lastrow = > Worksheets("Spare2").Cells(Rows.count, 1).End(xlUp).row > But how to use it for column? > Worksheets("Spare2").Cells(1,...

Progressive Dating of Columns
Ok, if I want to date successive column headings to return progressive dates, I can use Today (), Today() + 1, Today + 2, etc. What if I want this progression to skip weekend and holiday dates? Put a Monday date in your first column. Right click and drag the fill handle aross as many columns as you estimate you'll need. When you release the mouse, you'll see a pop-up menu with one of the choices to fill the range with "weekdays". As for holidays, only you know what's a holiday for your firm (Veteran's Day - Friday after Thanksgiving). You'll have to adjust f...

Width & font of cell row/column headings
Hi I've got two spreadsheets that are the same, except that the width and the font in the row and colum headings is different (I.e. the grey A|B|C| and 1|2|3| etc at the top and the side of the spreadsheet). Does anyone know how to access the settings for these so I can make them the same - they don't seem to be under Tools/Options or page setup, and there is nothing in help or the MS knowledgebase. Thanks in advance. Rob Change the Normal style of a workbook: Choose Format>Style Select Normal from the dropdown list Click the Modify button Choose the Font settings you want ...

emailing statements #2
Does GP 9.0 only work with Adobe for this feature? If so, which feature? Can one license be used across the network, or do I have to buy a license for each user that may want to email a customer statement? It does. MS seems to have married itself to Adobe for some reason. You will need an Adobe license for each person who will use it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Dwayne" wrote: > Does GP 9.0 only work with Adobe for this feature? If so, which feature? > Can one license be used across the network, or do I have to buy a license for > each user that may want to email ...

Hyperlinking an entire column of domains
Hi I have a column containing text like *http://somedomain.com* but its not hyperlinked. How can I select the column and convert to hyperlinks ? I know for each cell, on editing if I hit the ENTER key, it gets hyperlinked. But how do I do that for an entire column ? Thanks -- anjanesh Freelance Developer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ anjanesh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27132 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521308 anjanesh Could you use the column next to i...

Pivot Tables Resizing Columns
I am working with pivot tables. When I introduce another variable into the pivot table or run a show pages to create individual reports based on a field, it seems to change all the fonts and resize all of the columns and the like. Is there any way to lock this down so that the columns and formats are the same for all pages in the workbook Any help would be most appreciated. Rightclick the table & choose "Table Options" from the pop-up menu. Uncheck "AutoFormat Table". HTH, Andy Thanks Andy, I will give it a try ...

creating columns with numbers that become larger
Hi, I need help making a column in excel that will have a pattern similar to the example below: 1-3 3-6 6-9 9-12 12-15 15-21 ect. ect. The numbers don't have to be seperated by a dash, but i have to make several columns like this with varying values and cannot determine how to use the fill function to creat columns like this. Thanks for your help, Roger If this list is going to start in Row 1 then: A1: =ROW() & "-" & ROW()*3 A2: =(ROW()-1)*3 & "-" & Row()*3 Or you could base each entry on a previous entry. Since your first digit of...

VLookup and text strings
Hello, I am using the vlookup function. I have values that have three to nine text characters followed by numbers. Examples are COM-123, COM-124, ABCD-12, ABCD-13, etc,. The number of letters may be 2-9. I want to modfiy my lookup formula so that COM-123 returns the value COM. Or ABCD-13, returns the value ABCD. Any help appreciated. That is not what VLOOKUP is used for. See http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/excelfunctions/ss/90320vlookup.htm This returns the letters: =LEFT(A1,FIND("-",A1)-1) This returns the number: =--MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99) best wish...

set up a column in excel with unique entries
How does one create a column to accept only unique serial numbers. The serial number will contain text if that matters. Thanks in advance, Hi! Use Data Validation. Select the range in question. Assume that range is A1:A10. Goto Data>Validation From the Allow list select Custom In the Formula box enter: =COUNTIF(A$1:A$10,A1)=1 OK out. Biff >-----Original Message----- >How does one create a column to accept only unique serial numbers. The >serial number will contain text if that matters. > >Thanks in advance, > >. > Using Validation is one way. See Debr...

restore email column to "from" w/ sender's address (not "to")
Somehow, my email "from" column got changed to "to" and the "received" column being changed to "sent." Although these headings are the same as for the "Sent" folder, the listed emals are indeed ones I received. However, I want my list of received messages to show the sender's information, not mine (as recipient to whom the emails were sent). How do I make this change to restore the original headings as I described? Thanks And your Outlook version is ?? -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ...

Round #2
Assets 0.20% 50 23 19 What I would like to happen is to have the 50 multiply the .20% then times it by 1000 and if it is less than 100 have the cell equal 100 but if it is above 100, round to the nearest 50. Any ideas? Try: =ROUND(MAX(B1*A2*1000,100)/50,0)*50 where B1 = .20% and A2 = 50. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Assets 0.20% >50 >23 >19 > > > >What I would like to happen is to have the 50 multiply >the .20% then times it by 1000 and if it is less than 100 >have the cell equal 100 but if it is above 100, r...

Suming using 2 criteria
Sheet 1 has A B Bob Y Dan Pete Ted Y Mia Y ... Sheet 2 has A B C Bob 10 Q Dan 15 W Pete 8 E Ted 12 R Mia 22 T ... I want to sum(sheet2!B1:B100) where (sheet2!C="W") and (sheet1!B = "Y" where (sheet2!A = sheet1!A)) I know it can be done but I can't figure out the formula construct. Anyone? One way: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!B1:B100="Y"), --(Sheet2!C1:C100="W"), Sheet2!B1:B100) In article <uyNN$euYFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Hall" <hall@garp.or...

vlookup and Access Database Table
Can vlookup be used to get a result from an Access Database Table? Thanks. The vlookup function itself is an Excel function and as such can only retrieve data from an excel sheet. However you may be able to use the import external data menu option in the Data menu to retrieve your data from the access database, pull it into your excel workbook and then use the vlookup function. I never tried this myself, but maybe the idea can be applied. -- Jeroen van Nieuwkerk "finster26" wrote: > Can vlookup be used to get a result from an Access Database Table? > > Thanks....

Error in sending direct email using CRM 1.2
Can anyone assists me resolving this? I am trying to resolve an error in a client today. This is the environment: SBS 2003 SQL 2000 CRM v1.2.3297.0 Sales Standard Configuration and setup Login is Administrator with Administrator role and CRM License All MS Exchange and CRM Services are running as Local System Except for these 5 events: MS Exchange Event is manual and not started MS Exchange IMAP4 Service is disabled. MS Exchange MTA Stacks service is disabled. MS Exchange POP3 service is disabled. MS Exchange Site Replication Service service is disabled. This is the Error I received: Unexp...

ms excel 2000 #2
i am trying to pass a basic I.T. exam and am having trouble with the design of spreadsheets. Are there any i can veiw online or could someone E-Mail me some examples so i can get the idea behind this. David, There are lots of web sites with tutorials. Search for something like Excel tutorial. Also: http://j-walk.com/ss/help/index.htm http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/xllinks3.htm www.cpearson.com http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC3A382-43C8-43E6-8C78-69A...