vlookup help... #2

I have a formula setup to look up a value in another sheet and bring back a
value.  Here is my formula in cell J2
=VLOOKUP("PADRES",Scores!K:N,2,0)

It works perfectly.  However, there will be multiple times Padres shows up
in the scores worksheet.  How do I setup the formula so in cells J3 it skips
the first occurance of Padres and finds the next one.  Then J4 finds the 3rd
occurance and so on. Thanks

0
Jambruins (119)

Put this in J3, press ctrl + shift + enter, and fill down:

=INDEX(Scores!$L$1:$L$500,SMALL(IF(Scores!
$K$1:$K$500="Padres",ROW(INDIRECT("1:500"))),ROW()-1))

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jasonjmorin (551)
4/12/2005 3:23:55 PM
Jason,
  that worked great. thanks.  However, I would like the formula to work in
cell J3 and then not again until J8.  If I copy the formula down through
J4:J8 I get the value in J4 that I want in J8 and J5 down is #NUM!.  Any
ideas?  Thanks

"Jason Morin" wrote:

> Put this in J3, press ctrl + shift + enter, and fill down:
>
> =INDEX(Scores!$L$1:$L$500,SMALL(IF(Scores!
> $K$1:$K$500="Padres",ROW(INDIRECT("1:500"))),ROW()-1))
>
> HTH
> Jason
> Atlanta, GA

0
Jambruins (119)
4/12/2005 3:40:01 PM
What you're asking for now is a little more complicated.
The original formula works well because you can easily
drag it down. For now you can use:

=INDEX(Scores!$L$1:$L$500,SMALL(IF(Scores!
$K$1:$K$500="Padres",ROW(INDIRECT("1:500"))),X))

where X = the nth occurrence of "Padre". For example, use
2 in place of X to get the 2nd occurrence.

Don't forget - ctrl + shift + enter.

Jason

0
jasonjmorin (551)

Excel and some disappeared sheets

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

set print area #2

Help With Margin Formula

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

Money Updates #2

Can't create the item #2

VLOOKUP output
Hi. I need to use an if formula If the VLOOKUP formula in the "list" sheet doesn't find any information in the "price" sheet, I want to use an IF formula to get information from another column in the "list" sheet. But if the VLOOKUP formula cant find any information in another sheet but the output is (in swedish) #saknas! (I think it returns #N/A in english) so I cant use the IF formula. VLOOKUP should be ideal for that. Don't use IF. Please post your formula and inputs. Is the lookup table sorted? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Mi...

Bank One Download is not working

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

help #2