Vlookup based on a unique "Text" occur

My vlookup range starts based on a unique "Text" occur once in a cell in B:B
and end when the same occur once in a cell in A:A
Within this target range of rows there are unique texts like text-1,text-2,
text-3… and so on belongs to the "Text" and they are in A:A but unevenly
spaced.
I need vlookup values located in row of col C:C. Below is example.

	"Text"
Text1	50

Text2	60
Text3	45

Text4	50

Text5	20

Text6	80
"Text"
Thanks for any help to resolve this

Dates shown as text
When I use the trim function on some dates that have been input as text, the leading spaces are gone. But Excel still treats the dates as though they were text However, if I hit the F2 key to enter the edit mode and then press Enter, it converts the information to dates. How do I convert thess quasi-text cells without manually editing each one? Is there a worksheet function that will do this? Thanks Try this: - copy any empty cell - select the problem cells - do Edit>Paste Special, click Add, then OK - do Format>Cells>Date HTH Anders Silv=E9n "Colleyville Alan" <...

text on document is really small even though it is set at 12 why?
When I am in a word 03 document the text displayed is really small, even though the font size is set at 12. Either that or the page is really big Have you tried changing the zoom rate? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "suzannah" <suzannah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:894012CB-69D6-48BC-92DC-54DBAF71CB7C@microsoft.com... > When I am in a word 03 document the text displayed is really small, even > though the font size is set at 12. Either that or the page is...

Formatting text within a cell
I'm pretty new to Excel ... I want to emulate my formatting in Word of a title with several bulleted subpoints indented and under it. Every time I hit "Enter" for a new line, I get skipped to a new cell. Any help will be appreciated. When editing a cell, if you hold down the [Alt] key when you press [Enter], that will put the subsequent text on a new line in the same cell. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "AV Guy" wrote: > I'm pretty new to Excel ... I want to emulate my formatting in Word of a > title with several bullete...

pasting a block of text into one cell
Hi everybody, I'm trying to paste a few passages from a book, surrounded by a trim() command, into a single cell of a worksheet. Since this has multiple lines, and tabs at the beginning of each line, the paste occurs in multiple rows and the trim() command doesn't work. Does anyone know how to paste something like this into one cell? For clarity, the block is like this: =trim( " blah blahhhhhhh zzzzz ") (with tabs before each line) Is there any way to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jezzica85 Hi, Try the =CLEAN(A1) function. -- Tha...

remove the text preview in a slide text box
My slide has a text box and the bullits are grayed out until I select them in my presentation. How can I remove the grayed out preview? That is just a placeholder until you put text into it. It does not show up until your in the slide presentation mode. If you want a blank slide without a place holder you need to select new slide and select the blank option. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "Ken V" <Ken V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F33DE7C8-4082-44A4-8499-91094BBA7FCC@microsoft.com... My slide has a text box and the bullits ar...

how do justify text in linked textboxes without hyphernation
I am trying to do a newsletter with linked text boxes. When I paste an article into the boxes I can not get them to fit properly. What I get is words hyphernating next to the edge. I would like to justify and get the words fitting in. How can I do this Do you have the paragraphs set for justified? If you want to control the hyphenation manually, Tools - Language - Hyphenation - Clear "Automatically hyphenate this story" -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Naida" <Naida@discussions.microsoft...

Text size #3
Is there a way to make the text size preference "sticky"? I mean for it to be remembered across sessions until I change it. Thanks. ...

Highlighting Found Text in Excel
How can one find key words in an Excel document and programmatically highlight the found key words? Best regards In xl2002+, you can use Edit|Replace and specify a format for the whole cell after the change. (Change the string to itself and specify the formatting you like under the Options button. But that affects the whole cell--may not be what you want if there are other words in those cells.) Saved from a previous post (or two!): If you want to change the color of just the characters, you need VBA in all versions. You want a macro???? Option Explicit Option Compare Text Sub testme...

Copying word text into Publisher
I'm using XP Word and Publisher. I'm working on a newsletter in Publisher. My writers are putting their articles for the newsletter in MS Word XP. When I copy them from Word into Publisher, the line spacing for the last line of every paragraph changes/increases. If I go to the line spacing to change/look at it, it is 5.976 pt in the 'after paragraph' section. Why is this happening? and, How can I make it stop? Hi anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I'm using XP Word and Publisher. I'...

Passing multiple strings from a text box to a select query
Hello, First, let me thank everyone who has contributed to these forums, you have all helped me create a great database! Currently I'm at a standstill though. I've searched the forums and tried to adapt the information provided in the post "Use wildcard in combo box with multiple strings" however my query turns up empty. I'm trying to find a way to pass multiple strings from a textbox (txtPartName) on my main form (frmCodeSearch) to my select query. The query results are then displayed in a sub form. I'm able to enter a single string that is either a full...

How to open text file with Excel 2007
Hi, I used to be able to right click on a text file, select Open With, and then clicked on Excel and it would open it in Excel. For some reason, now when I right click on the text file and click on Open With, Excel is not under the Recommended Programs. After clicking on browse, can anyone tell me the path to find the correct file/program? Thanks. This not really an Excel question, it's more of a windows question and to answer that you need to tell us what OS you are using? If you are using XP then the default installation of excel 2007 would be C:\Program Files\...

How do I create a text file list of the contents of a folder
How do I create a text file list of the contents of folders. I have a huge data file of cemetery plots and no way to print out the list. Which fields of the message do you wish to save in this text file? You can create a single line view with all the fields that you want in your text file. Then copy/past this list into Excel. It will be similar to this; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/exportcontacts.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

Convert Column Text Values
How can I convert an entire column of capitalized text to proper. How d I apply the the "proper" formula to the text in the cell -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use a helper column and put a bunch of formulas like: =proper(A1) and drag down the column. Or you could use a macro: David McRitchie has sample code at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm And if you're new to macros, David has some getstarted instructions: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm MonitorOntario wrote: > > How can I convert an entire colu...

Conditional formatting for rows containing text
Is it possible to conditionally format for rows containing certain text? I receive a weekly report of hours and costs from our financial department that I need to sort and enter information into a spreadsheet for actuals vs. budget. This information comes to me with column A looking similar to this: 1234 Sum of Total Hours 1234 Sum of Total Cost 1235 Sum of Total Hours 1235 Sum of Total Cost 1236 Sum of Total Hours 1236 Sum of Total Cost 1237 Sum of Total Hours 1237 Sum of Total Cost with the #'s being different ch...

formula with text string
Okay, my problem is as follows: A1=10 A2=5 In D1, the formula is: =IF(A1=A2,"Nothing Owed",(A1-A2)&" needs to be paid.") At the moment, D1 says "5 needs to be paid.", but I want it to say "$5.00 needs to be paid." How do I change the formula? (All cells are designed to show as currency.) Thanks so much, I just can't seem to make it work! Hi Try =IF(A1=A2,"Nothing Owed","$"&text((A1-A2),"0.00"&" needs to be paid.") Regards Roger Govier redb wrote: > Okay, my problem is as follows...

Publisher 2003: how can I make a text box into a differnt shape.
I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the shape. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nathan" <nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9636039D-0D50-4316-9C9D-1E1D7FAD444A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Mary Sauer wrote: > Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the > shape. >> I am ...

Counting Text Cells
Hi, all. I have a column with many different names. I can count all the cells with the name, Bob for example: countif(a8:a1000,"Bob"), but what if I want to get a running total of all the cells with names in them, but not the blank cells. How do I do that? Thanks, Frank West =count(a8:a1000) will give count of all non-blank cells with text values =countblank(a8:a1000) will give count of all blank cells =count(a8:a100) will count all the numbers in the range. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:19:38 -0600, Kieran <Kieran.zaira@exce...

MS Publisher - Disappearing Text
Help! I created a one page document and printed a proof yesterday. Today I opened it to make changes and some of the text is missing. Many of the titles I created have disappeared along with some smaller text. The text boxes are still in the document; however, they do not contain text and I am not able to type text into them either. I verified that the text color is not white. What would make some text disappear while other text remains? Why Am I not able to simply click in each text box and re-type the text? Any ideas? I apologize for this very simplistic question, but have you ...

Is there a way to select all text boxes in a document?
I want to change the size of my document from a booklet on 11 x 14 paper to one page each on 8 1/2" x 11" paper. I can get the document to change to the 81/2 x 11 paper but the text boxes are still the smaller size (from the booklet). Is there a way to select all the text boxes at once so I can reformat their size? I want to make a large-print version of this booklet. Thank you for any help you can offer. Try the Painter tool. Quickly copy formatting with the Format Painter http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010548921033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

Excel VBA
Hi, How to import text file to Excel worksheet using VB? Can I use a for menu to execute this process? Please give me some ideas of doing it. have attached a text file for your reference. Thanks! AN -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com >>How to import text file to Excel worksheet using VB? Record a macro as you do it manually with File, Open. Pick the appropriate file type from the drop down. That will give you a good start. >>Can I use a form menu to execute this process? form menu? No such thing. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "annsmjarm >" <<an...

text field validation 12-07-04
I am trying to create an validate event for Text fields on CRMAccount address fields. Whenever you try to change the values of these fields, it should alert the message. Here is the code like: In sfa\accts\acct_cont.js file, under window.OnLoad function: function window.onload() { ..... .... try { crmForm.address1_line1.onblur = validate; } catch (e) { alert("Error: " + e.message); } } function validate() { if (crmForm.ownerid.value == "{669282E2-2725-47A1-8234-3BD107C49487}") { alert("Not a authorized user. Please notify ...

No labels with text boxes
When I use the toolbox to create a textbox in my form, I no longer get the labels for the captions along with them. They stopped automatically appearing with the text box. Where did they go and how do I get them back? I've seen this when the default of the control is re-set to not include the label control. First, set up a control the way you want it (i.e., a textbox control with an associated label control -- if you aren't sure how to, post back). Then, with the control highlighted (in design view), select <Format | Set Control Default...> to tell Access to use the s...

Character '=' in received text
I receive many emails, most of them are not affected. Most 99% of the character '=' are inserted after a space replacing the original character. Example the above three words became 'the =riginal character'. Copying and pasting the text in Word shows a correct text content, the '=' disapeared showing the original character. Pointing on an Url with the '=' give an error. I have the problem using Outlook 6 but a friend has the same problem in OutlookExpress. This problem appears since about a week at both users. Any idea of what is goin on ? gdelhaye &l...

Is it possible to set a listbox column text to align right?
I have a listbox that has abount 14 columns. My client asked if I can make one of them (a money display with $ sign) to align right cos that makes it easier to read. I thought it is simple but it seems not possible. "yanguo" <yanguo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A0FF66A-FFB2-490F-B5EE-4A36E3AED149@microsoft.com... >I have a listbox that has abount 14 columns. My client asked if I can make > one of them (a money display with $ sign) to align right cos that makes it > easier to read. I thought it is simple but it seems not possible. I haven'...

Insert Text
A manager of a department wants to setup some canned responses for emails coming into a public folder. Her team would view the email and, based on the nature of the request, insert a predetermined response. She would also like to insert an Excel sheet. What would be the best way to do this? http://www.activewords.com/ -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, JohnR asked: | A manager of a department wants to setup s...