VLookUp / 2 Tables

I have 2 tables - Refmam1 and Refman2

My lookup value is in ColA. I Want to return the value in ColB

Is it possible to use the vlookup so that it checks Refman1 and Refman2 ?

Thank you in advance.
0
Carl (99)

You can try:

Double-Check spelling of Sheet Tab names.

=IF(COUNTIF(Refman1!A:A,A1)>0,VLOOKUP(A1,Refman1!A:B,2,0),IF(COUNTIF(Refman2!A:A,A1)>0,VLOOKUP(A1,Refman2!A:B,2,0),"Not
Found"))

Adjust cell references to suit.

--
Vito
Vito's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29182

Hi Carl,

If I understand correctly..

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(F1,A1:B5,2,0)),VLOOKUP(F1,D1:E5,2,0),VLOOKUP(F1,A1:B5,2,0))

Where F1 is the lookup value and A1:B5 is Refman1 and D1:E5 is Refman2.
So if the F1 lookup value of Ref1 returns #N/A it will return a value from
Ref2 and if no number match there then #N/A will be returned from the Ref2
lookup.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"carl" <carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 2 tables - Refmam1 and Refman2
>
> My lookup value is in ColA. I Want to return the value in ColB
>
> Is it possible to use the vlookup so that it checks Refman1 and Refman2 ?
>
> Thank you in advance.

0
lhkittle (223)

the criteria pane and table panes have disappered.
In my excel file I can't see the criteria and table panes and the functions will not reappear. ...

How can I insert a cell reference in a footer (eg for variable foo #2
Any ideas on how to do this? I'm trying to create a template with the doc reference number in the footer However, I'm trying to avoid users having to edit the footer (because this just wont get done). Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = .Range("A1").Text End With End Sub This code should go in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "wngg001" <wngg001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A0F9D9E-269F-45CF-A6E3...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #2
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Merging tables
Hello, I do not have deep knowledge of Excel. That is why my proble might appear a bit strange: I have two tables, list1 and list2. In both tables there is a colum with unique ID numbers. The rest of the columns contains differen information in both tables. Example: list1 ----- ID name email 101 bob bob@none.com 102 rita rita@none.com ... 999 jim jim@none.com list2 ----- ID salary 102 2000 103 2500 ... 204 2100 What I would like to get as a result is a combined table, with selecte columns from both tables in it. I.e.: list3 ----- ID name salary 101 bob - 102 rita 2500 ... Anyone who can ...

Drop down menu #2
Is is possible when you have a drop down menu, to have excel short list the menu as you type in more charcaters of the text. For example a have a list of several hundred customers. I start inputting the first few letters of the customers name, I would like that list of several hundred to be shortened to only include thaise customers that begin with the letters I have typed in. Thanks Think this previous post by Debra Dalgleish would be of help: "Although data validation doesn't support autocomplete, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can se...

Associated external Account #2
Dear all, Just got some of our exch2k users migrated to another org exch2k3. Found that associated external account rights which never seen before in 2k. Wish to know the purpose of this account and when is the best time to use it. Please help and thousand thanks. regards Granting Access to External Accounts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/8c4befe3-3815-4b6b-a759-1e5a2878499d.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Elton Seng Yan Thung" <sengy01@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:enFBAvpwFHA...

virus scanning #2
I really get prompted for "requesting virus scan", and I don't know ho to disable it; the warning is located beside ready, in Excel bar -- Gerbati ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gerbatin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27651 What antivirus software do you use? I think/hope the solution will involve a setting that you can toggle in that program. (maybe you missed an option???) The antivirus program doesn't have t...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Turn data #2
Is there a way to turn the data in an Excel spreadsheet so that what is on the top is now on the side and what is on the side is now on top? I need to export my spreadsheet into Access but, I can't get it to format correctly in its current orientation. ~Make a backup copy of your data to work from (just in case, so you don't lose data) ~Highlight the entire range of data; click >Edit >Copy ~Choose a new location, on a different sheet perhaps; click >Edit >Paste Special and select the Transpose box; click OK Does that do it for you? thank you so much. You are a genius...

Only 1 taskbar button when i open 2 excel documents
Hi all. When i open 2 excel documents i have only 1 taskbar button on the taskbar even though i did not choose the option to group similar taskbar buttons under taskbar properties. Hence when i want to switch between the 2 documents i need to go to window and select them. Hence how do i solve this so that i can have 2 taskbar buttons of the excel documents on the taskbar? Thks in advance. Tools>Options>View, check Windows In taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F715432-2EB2-47AC-B737-56D63F37537A@mi...

Pivot Table fields #2
Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at one time and have them refresh that way, rather than having to select each column and choose the format options? Thanks CLou: I think the solution for you is to open the Pivot Table Toolbar and select the Field Settings icon. This sets the format for all results for that particular field. One limitation that I haven't found a way around is getting a preferred column size to "stick" and not reset after a table refresh. Bruce >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at ...

Business Cards #2
I am trying to create business cards using Microsoft Publisher 2002 on XP. Where would I find the template for Avery 8397, or for any of the Avery business card products. In page setup, select business cards, click Change copies per sheet and adjust the margins to fit your template. Avery has blank templates for downloading, choose Cards, there will be a list to select from. Your number was not among them but generally business cards are pretty much alike. http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.BlankTPLHierarchy&catalogcode=WEB01&node=0 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.mi...

Pivot Table Refresh Problems
Hi All: Hoping that someone can help. I am trying to refresh a pivot table using the following code which was inserted on the Daily Production Output Sheet(both sheets in the same workbook). I am using Excel 2003 Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Daily Production Output").PivotTables("PivotTable3").RefreshTable End Sub The Calculation has been set to Automatic. However when I try to run the above code I am getting the following error" Run Time error 1044, Application defined or Object defin...

Copy chart with reference table
I have a pie chart neatly tied to a data table alongside. Now I want to copy both the chart and table to a different area of the sheet so I can modify the new data table and have 2 different charts. My issue is that the chart will only allow absolute references, so when I copy both the chart and table together the new chart still is tied to the old table - so I have to go and change the source data ranges one by one. Any way that I can do this easily? Copy the whole sheet. The copied chart links to the data on the copied sheet. Now cut the range that includes the copied char...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

pivot tables #19
I want to create a pivot table where I just have to enter the data in once where it will post to a general ledger, income/expense statement, profit & loss report and individual vendor accounts. Can this be done? -- tiki Hi tikitai, Look at my Excel Database Tutorial at http://edferrero.m6.net/DataTutor1.html You should be able to work it out form there. Ed Ferrero > I want to create a pivot table where I just have to enter the data in once where it will post to a general ledger, income/expense statement, profit & loss report and individual vendor accounts. Can this be done? &...

Macro Recorder #2
I have a very basic question( I think). When you are recording a Macro how do you stop and then restart where you left off? For example I have a repetitive task that moves columns from one spreadsheet to another. The problem is that there are about 40 columns I am required to move. As I record the macro can it be stopped and then restarted if I have to close Excel and return later? I can't find the answer to my question documented anywhere. Thank You, Greg You can stop it, but when you start again it will create a new subprocedure, you can go in and copy/paste the second after the firs...

2 mirror files with :1 and :2
Not sure how, but have 1 excel file, lets call it FILEA.xls and when I open it, it opens a FILEA:1 and a FILEA:2 workbook. Any change made to FILEA:1 gets repeated in FILEA:2 and vice versa. Looks like some sort of mirroring, or changes being tracked, but track changes is turned off. Any help is appreciated! Hi you've opened two windows of the same workbook (from the window /new window menu) - just close one and then save - this should solve the problem Cheers JulieD "DJR" <DJR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0F6BDF5-9DC2-486E-947C-ABBB6C4544...

Date Range #2
Hi, Can someone please assist me with the following issue: I am currently using the formula noted below to direct another application ( Bloomberg ) to select prices from the previous 6th business day. My question is> Is there any way to revise the formula to exclude US holidays for successive years (i.e. for 2005, 2006...) without having to manually change the date entries each year, in the formula? =WORKDAY(Today(),-6, {"5/31/04","7/5/04","9/6/04","11/25/04","12/25/04","1/1/05" }) Thank you I'd recommend listing...

Modify Access 97 tables in Access 2003
How do I modify an Access 97 table using Access 2003 without converting the database? Is there any tool available? Rick This is only one person's experience... There is only one tool I'm familiar with that would let you do that, and it's called ... Access '97<g>! You've described HOW you want to do something. Now, if you'll describe a bit more about WHY you need this done, the folks here in the newsgroup may be able to offer more specific suggestions. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com...

vlookup problem #3
I am trying to a vlookup on formatted text. I I had a long string and extracted certain characters from it using the "mid" function. Now if do a vlookup on the extracted list it doesnt work. But if I were t actually type in the values in the extracted list the vlookup start working. I tried changing the format of the extracted list to general number and text..nothing works. Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I know my vlookup i correct because it works when i type the values in the table array. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check to be ...

Nesting? How do I create a table to reference?
Tried to nest more than 8 componets but it did not work. Any help on creating a table to reference it would be appreciated. Never done it before. Tried the Excel help, and it was worthless. Here is my original post that explains more: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=498860 -- mcr1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15496 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498905 ok you have a two column table.starting in the lh column you...

Uninstalling Office 2003 Service Pack 2
I have installed the Service Pack 2 for Office 2003 and have decided that it causes too many problems with Outlook 2003. For example, it sees certain emails as "Junk Mail" and (evidently) believes them to be "phishing". Even after placing these emails in my Inbox and adding the sender to the white list, it refused to allow me to open links from any web page link within the email. I understand that I cannot simply uninstall Service Pack 2, that I must install Office 2003 and then reinstall, without, of course, reinstalling the Service Pack. But if I do that, I wonder...

Comparing Worksheets #2
I have 2 worksheets that should be identical. One I know has been changed. Is there any way to compare the 2 to track changes. Darryll One way is to use a third sheet. In A1 type =Sheet1A1=Sheet2A1 This will return TRUE or FALSE. Fill this across and down as many as you need Andy. "Darryll" <Darryll_lamb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2618f01c38e4c$0c390cf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have 2 worksheets that should be identical. One I know > has been changed. Is there any way to compare the 2 to > track changes. Thanks for your help Andy. All seems ok. >-----...

How do I sort a pivot table
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to do a very basic function but I can't figure it out for the life of me. Please help! ...