Visual Basic forms

Please Help,

There must be a million references to what I'm asking but I can't seem to
find it.

All I'd like to do is create a form in Visual Basics which contains a combo
box, aka a dropdown list, but I am having a difficult time trying to figure
out how to tie in the data into the combo box which would of course display
the list.

Can someone please help.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Is there a way to call the information from a current list on a worksheet?
If so how?
But it needs to be in VBA.

0
tamato43 (40)

Set the Combo's RowSource property to the address of the worksheet range
holding the list.

--

HTH

RP

"tamato43" <tamato43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please Help,
>
> There must be a million references to what I'm asking but I can't seem to
> find it.
>
> All I'd like to do is create a form in Visual Basics which contains a
combo
> box, aka a dropdown list, but I am having a difficult time trying to
figure
> out how to tie in the data into the combo box which would of course
display
> the list.
>
> Can someone please help.
>
> Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Is there a way to call the information from a current list on a worksheet?
> If so how?
> But it needs to be in VBA.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
3/29/2005 4:48:56 PM
Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Set the Combo's RowSource property to the address of the worksheet range
> holding the list.
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "tamato43" <tamato43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please Help,
> >
> > There must be a million references to what I'm asking but I can't seem to
> > find it.
> >
> > All I'd like to do is create a form in Visual Basics which contains a
> combo
> > box, aka a dropdown list, but I am having a difficult time trying to
> figure
> > out how to tie in the data into the combo box which would of course
> display
> > the list.
> >
> > Can someone please help.
> >
> > Your help will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Is there a way to call the information from a current list on a worksheet?
> > If so how?
> > But it needs to be in VBA.

0
tamato43 (40)

how to make forms like the start page of visual studio.net
hi, how is it possible to make forms like start page of visual studio.net. It seems it is like a web page, but the application itself handles the links that are pressed, not the brouser activex itself. thanks, Behzad "behzad" <behzadnn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23H3S9vCZDHA.652@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > how is it possible to make forms like start page of visual studio.net. > It seems it is like a web page, but the application itself handles the links > that are pressed, not the brouser activex itself. I don't know how the IDE does it, but ...

Link or Copy Excel Data to Calendar (for scheduling) for Visual Aid
Hola, I am working on a project that entails scheduling preventiv maintenance, such as oil changes and inspections, on trucks. I have a excel spreadsheet data which contains the dates as to when and what typ of preventive maintenance should be scheduled. Now I need to impor that data to calendar (maybe outlook) and then be able to print it fo employees. Please let me know if this is possible in excel or maybe possible i access. Thank you so much. Hen -- supafreez ----------------------------------------------------------------------- supafreeza's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

Add Unit of Measure Sched on the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form
Add the Unit of Measure (UoM) Schedule ID uniquely per line item in the SOP Blank Options Invoice Form. When you add the Sales Transaction Amounts Work* and the Item Master to the report, and then pull the 'U of M Schedule' from the Item Master, the UoM Schedule ID is duplicating. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-...

Reports and Forms Customizations After Migration to GP8
Hi i have migrated my Test Server to GP 8 and i Exported the Modified Reports and Forms and imported them again to the Test Server, the screen Labels are updated to the new lables but the fields formats didnt update for example the phone field format returned to the original. how can i solve this issue? regards Nader Formats are not transferred using packages. You will either need to keep your original forms and reports dictionaries and upgrade them, or remake the format changes. I would suggest recording the format changes using a macro, so they can easily be re-run if required. ...

get data from main form and update subform
Hi to Everyone I have a mainform with two subform. Mainform has a startdate data. I would like to get this startdate data to my subform which have also a similar date data. Every subfrom and form are different table. Thanks for any idea -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi, this is untested air code: On the subform's After Insert event put code something like this: Me.TheDateControlName = Parent.TheDateControlName Jeanette Cunningham "jfeketet via AccessMonster.com" <u40504@uwe> wrote in message news:8032bac88630d@uwe... > Hi to Everyone &...

Single Front End File with Form that Can by Filtered By User
I’ve got an Expense Report DB that I split into a back-end (tables) and multiple front-ends (for my users). I understand why one needs to split the DB, however because I’ve tailored the switchboard and some other forms to the users (using filters, etc) I now realize I’ve created a maintenance nightmare. These users will not be creating any forms, reports, macros or functions. They will simply be adding or possibly deleting records from the tables via their forms. From what I've experienced, a FE doesn't lock multiple users out if they are only running queries or populating tables. ...

How many tabs are allowed in a Form in CRM
Could someone please tell me, how many tabs are currently allowed witin a CRM form? Thanks 8 "Mon" <Mon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D546731E-834B-4925-B5A6-42958AFE571A@microsoft.com... > Could someone please tell me, how many tabs are currently allowed witin a > CRM > form? > > Thanks ...

Filter by Form with sub form crash
Hi I'm having problems with filter by form causing access 2003 to shut down. Looking at the Northwind database the same thing happens. If a main form has "new additions" setting to no and has sub forms filter by form is used and the data serched on the main fom returns null ( eg some one filters Michal insted of Michael, access crashes. My own forms are linked to queries which results in not allowing "new additions" so this has the same effect in access shutting down. any adivce would be great -- with thanks Mike Mike, I just tried this in Access 2003 ...

Access 2007 form view search box
I have Office 2007 (moving up from Office 97) and am developing a database using Access 2007. In form view, at the bottom with the record selector is a search/find dialog box. It searches every field in the database however I want to limit it to searching only selected fields. Can I get at the code for this search function or do I have to turn off the navigation buttons and build my own record selector and search funtion? Thank you. -- JBM Jim, I don't think you can configure that search box in the horizontal scroll bar of A2007. Perhaps you could add something like this: ...

Filter Form doesn't close
Hi all. I have an Access 2007 form with a command button that does this on the OnClick event: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAdvFilterSort The filtering form opens correctly and I'm able to specify my criteria. If I right click and choose Apply Filter/Sort, the filtering works BUT the filter form doesn't close. Instead, my Access 2007 form appears in front of it and gets the focus but the filtering form stays open. I'm using a customized ribbon and have tried two other ways to accomplish this. The first is: idMso = "ApplyFilter"...

Close Forms
I have a "Main Menu" switchboard style form that has numerous buttons that open forms. Each button opens a form, and each form has a menubar/toolbar that has a "Exit", "Main Menu", "Filter", etc. buttons at the top. Once I open a form and press the "Main Menu" button, the original form stays open. How can I close this form using this "Main Menu" button. I am not sure where the vba code would be. Thank You - Tim In the On Click event of the "Close Form" button, put 2 lines - one to reopen the Main Menu form and on...

Isloaded for all open forms?
I've used "isloaded" to verify if a form is open. I'd like to set the On Change event of a combo box to close all other open forms excep the form the combo box is on. Is there a quick way to close all of them, or will I need to add the IsLoaded statement for each form that could potentially be open? Thanks, Jim "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6965A113-8BA7-4FD1-8148-FB3A06B08D31@microsoft.com... > I've used "isloaded" to verify if a form is open. I'd like to set the On > Change event of a...

Search Form
I have read some help articles on sub forms, however, have yet to find the solution that helps me. Some groups have stated that this is not known, however I know there has to be an easy solution: I have a form that also has a subform. The two are linked by a field, [Eno]. When I add records, etc, everything works beautifully. However, If I wanted to search the form from a SUB-FORM field [EMPLOYEE] from the MAIN form, It will now work. I started the search with a unbound text box, - after update which will be the search terms, however, I am trying to figure out VBA code that will ...

Email From a Form
I've read through some of the posts on this topic, but I didn't see any solutions that would work for Access 2007 specifically. I'm not skilled enough in this area to make one of the similar solutions work ... I'm hoping someone can post exactly what to do. What I'm trying to accomplish is very simple and I appreciate any help you guys can provide--I've tried to describe exactly what I'm trying to build below as clearly as possible. I'm trying to make a form that: 1) has a combo box that lets the user select a single record in a query (the value selecte...

Help with a form
Hi, Outlook 2K - SP3 I'm creating a form to be used as notification method. To have the users opening the mails, I want the body auto-populated with some text such as "Please Open" or something. Problem is I can't pre-indicated a value for the Message field which is the one display by default. Any idea on how I could do ? Thanks, Chris -- ______________________________________________ It's still better that if it would have been worst, isn't it ? C'est toujours mieux que si c'etait pire ! ...

Protected Forms
Made a form and posted it in a shared folder for co-workers to fill out and EMail to me. How do I keep them from saving it? Thanks for any help. Steve --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Please define form. Did you set up a worksheet to look like a paper form? If it is a workbook, did you make it read only using its file attributes? Have any control on the file permissions in the shared folder? If not, perhaps see you lan administrator. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy portchili > <<portchili.zhfhq@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:portchili.zhfhq@excel...

Code Signing in Visual Studio
I'm very puzzled about the code signing system in place in Visual Studio. I can sign ClickOnce deployments with a certificate from the certifcate store. Why can I not do the same thing when signing an assembly? For that, I need to have a .pfx or .snk file. My company does not want to give the Verisign certificate password to the development team, and rightly so since they could then take that .pfx home an start singing any sort of trash they wanted with the company certificate. So instead, they have installed the certificate with the private key in the certificate store ...

Greying out form fields based on pickbox.
Is there a way to have a field on a form either be greyed out or not based on the selection from a pickbox. Basically what I want to do is have a pickbox and a datebox. If the pickbox value is a certain value which needs to have a date applied to it then the datebox becomes active. If the pickbox value is not one with a date attached then the datebox stays greyed out. This seems like it would be something that people would want to do so Im sure you can customize it that way. Thanks In the onchange event of the piclklist add some script like: crmForm.all.field_to_disable.Disabled = t...

Delete rows in table from Module or Form
Hi fols I've been trying to delete som rows from a table: in a form - wont work in a module - wont work either in a query that's called from a module - and ofcoursre , wont work --- tried this in the module Set db = CurrentDb() SQLstr = "DELETE * FROM Photos WHERE [boxId] = " & myBox & " And [magasineId] = '" & myMagsineId & "' & "" ;" CurrentDb.Execute SQLstr and this: DoCmd.RunSQL "DELETE * FROM Photos WHERE [boxId] = " & myBox & " And [magasineId] = '" & myMagsineId & &quo...

form causes the db to close
A db was deigned on Access2003 and was working fine for a long time. I used it on Access2007 and converted to new format. Now when I open a specific form, the whole application terminates without any message. Event viewer doesn't record anything and if I try to save as 2003 format, many things are lost. it's called a crash if you don't like playing russian roulette with your data then move to SQL Server "Andreas" <ayiangoullis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1A213140-3D00-492E-8A55-415EC74F5185@microsoft.com... > A db was deigned on Access2003 and wa...

Referencing a form text box in a query
Heya everyone, Quick question, I have a text box on a form that I want to reference in an update query as criteria. So far i have tried typing [formname].[textboxname] not working. Any reccomendations? Thanks! James O ...

How to add fields for SkypeID and Facebook account in Outlook Contact form?
Can this be done easily? Do I need strong programming skills? -AH It's not all that hard to do - tools, forms, design a form or when a new form is open, from its tools menu, design this form. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solut...

Split records in a form
I would like to split/bunch together records in a form. I have an Area field and would like them to be collated together using this field so that I can split them into areas and have them separated on the form by a line or boxing round them. Is this possible? I have tried counting them but this only adds in the total number of records I have below each record (my form is in continuous view). Any help as always from you is most appreciated. emc Try your grouping and sorting icon. You probably need a group header for those you want to keep together. -- Milton Purdy AC...

Save Linked tables values in form based table
I am planning to have main form and sub form architecture. In my main form( linked table to foreign database) I have ID and demographic values and this main form is connected to a subform by ID and has test details. My question is How can I save the demographic data into my sub-form based table? I know it is bad normalization but need to have all the data related to my id stored in my table ( it will very few so not worried about re-dundancy. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You never need to be redundant. A query with a join on the ID field will ...

Help with Form code
Need help and not sure where to start. I have an input form with several tabs. On the first tab is where the general vendor and customer info is entered. I added a fourth tab to 'monitor' two of the vendor’s decisions. Tab one has an option group with 5 programs. Tab 4 has an option group for Yes we concur or No we don’t. There are nine radio buttons (not in a group) that need to be checked (all reasons that apply) if we don’t concur. There is also a comment text field that must be filled out if option groupConcur = No. On tab 4, I’d like the option groupConcur, radio butt...