Hi all,

In my workbook XYZ I have a sheet ABC. With a button on sheet DEF I can
refresh sheet ABC. When the code finishes it job I want to add the actual
date (short European notation dmyy) and time (f.i. 241110 16.31) to the name
of the sheet (which becomes ABC 241110 16.31) and after that make a copy of
that sheet in a separate workbook and put that workbook as an icon on the
desktop of my computer. Is this possible? If so, please help me with the
necessary code. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jack Sons
The Netherlands

0
Jack

Printed copies numbering
I have a single sheet ( single Page ) and i want to print multiple copies of it ... Is thier an option in excel that auto numbers those printed copies ? i.e if i need 10 copies I want it to be auto numbered 1..2..3..4.....10 Please help NoChance Code from Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#number Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet() Dim CopiesCount As Long Dim CopieNumber As Long CopiesCount = Application.InputBox("How many Copies do you want", Type:=1) For CopieNumber = 1 To CopiesCount With ActiveSheet 'number in c...

Sending a shortcut to the desktop
Hi, To send a shortcut for an excel workbook to my desktop I currently have to open Explorer, find the file and send it to the desktop. Is there an easier way in Excel itself? Thanks for looking Paul You'd need a macro like this: Sub MakeDesktopShortcut() Dim wsh As Object Dim SC As Object Dim DesktopPath As String Set wsh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") DesktopPath = wsh.SpecialFolders.Item("Desktop") Set SC = wsh.CreateShortcut(DesktopPath & "\test.lnk") SC.TargetPath = "C:\book1.xls" SC.Save Set wsh = ...

How to force data to be put in entry
When anther row (line) is added to a worksheet I want to be made sure within the row a certain column is filled in before saving is done. How do I create that? Thx, Jac Hi Jac You can use this event in the Thisworkbook module to check if all cells in the C column in Sheet1 have a value If not you can't save the file See also this event Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) RC = Sheets("Sheet1").UsedRange.Rows.Count If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA _ ...

Email Management 04-20-10
Using Outlook 2007. My director gets tons of emails each day. He wants me to manage the incoming mail for him; but still be able to access them at some point. He has set up .pst files folders for most of his incoming mail; however, I have discovered that I can't see those folders. If he sets up sub-folders under his incoming mailbox, that mail counts toward the mailbox size. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we could set up an efficient way to manage incoming mail and still make it available to him for later review without filling up the mailbox. Thanks in adv...

Excel /vba / computer IP address
I need urgent help. How can I protect an excel file to a specific computer using VBA? (A excel file that can only be open or used in a specific computer) I was thinking in using the computer IP address, does somebody knows how can I get the computer IP, using visual basic in a excel worksheet? I would really appreciate you help Thanks (My email fcarvalho@portugalmail.com) -- jolipe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jolipe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

limit to worksheets
Anyone know the limit to how many worksheets you can have in one excel document DJA, you don't mention what version of Excel you're using, but if you search the topic "Specifications" in Excel 2000 help, it'll tell you that in an Excel workbook you get three worksheets by default and the total is limited by available memory. -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "DJA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A21D51E9-A9B5-430A-A87F-B60BE1F7A002@microsoft.com... > Anyone kno...

Printing Quotes 12-13-04
In MS CRM, to print quotes you merge your quote to a Word document template, using the Sales for Outlook client. With this template, I can dress up a quote to have a specific look and feel. I also see how, once you open a quote in CRM how you can perform a generic "print" of the quote, but nothing fancy. In fact, you can't, as I understand it, modify this report. What if I don't have a Sales for Outlook client and I want to print a quote -- dressed up? How is that being accomplished. If you do not use Sales for Outlook client it is only possible to create a n...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

Trying begin VBA template project, get error "macros disabled"?
I am beginning a project to code and update a Word template using VBA. When I try to run the form given to me I get error "The macros in this project are disabled?" Any suggestions? Thank you. Save the template in your templates folder, which is a trusted location. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "The Applicant" <The Applicant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E642C...

Putting a different character in a cell
Okay here is the problem: We are setting up an Excel worksheet to figure out productivity of employees. I am able to set up a cell to average another range of cells. Example would be that Cell J3 will average Cells C3 - I3 (=AVERAGE(C3:I3)). Now I have two questions... Is there a way to make Excel put a character in Cell J3 where the formula is instead of a blank cell OR even better I would like to create another worksheet that will take MULTIPLE cells linked to the first worksheet with the average formula in it to then do -another- average of the cells if there is information in the cells. A...

Copy/Paste macro...with a few twists
Hi, I needed to create a macro that would copy/paste all the selected rows into a new workbook which the macro creates. Before creating the workbook however I need it to ask the user for a six digit number, which it then takes and names the workbook (eg. PO######) and attaches the current date on the end. I'm still a newb to VBA so any help is appreciated. Best Regards, Mjack003 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Something like this might get you started: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myStr As String Dim newWkbk As Workbook Do myStr = ...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

copying content of cell into other cells casually
I preparing about 3000 tickets for an Italian tombola. A row of 15 randomly chosen different numbers from 1 to 90 (e.g. 8, 20, 22, 34, 40, 43, 51, 55, 62, 72, 74, 84, 85, 90) needs to go nicely into a table quite casually. The table (three rows high and ten columns long) which are the tickets that will be sold at the tombola will look like the following: | | | 20 | | 40 | | 62 | | 84 | | | | 22 |34 | 43 | 51 | 63 | 72 | 85 | | 8 | | | | | 55 | | 74 | 90 | Numbers needs to be in these columns as players can see easily if they have go...

ISBN #'s starting w/ "0" are deleted, how to format so "0" stays put
Hello, I need to know how to format a list of cells that contain ISBN #'s so that when an ISBN starting with a "0" the zero stays. I am working w/ Excel 97. I have tried to format the cell to "Text" but then the zeros are deleted. What I am doing is copying and pasting from another spreadsheet. So, the ISBN looks like this at first: 0-889658-27-8 Then I say "Replace "-" with nothing. So then I get: 889658278 So, what I want is: 0889658278 Got me? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I suggest formatting the cells as text *prior* to pa...

Outlook 01-10-08
Good Morning, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have got Microsoft Windows Visa Home Premium, I have got outlook 2002 and when I set it up I had saved my password for the email accounts and each time I load outlook up again it keeps asking me to enter them again. Can any help me? You're posting in the wrong forum. This MSAccess, go to Outlook. Leo "Philip Ingram" <ingram.ph@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:66E1D835-0590-424D-91E7-148D7CABDEDC@microsoft.com... > Good Morning, > > I wonder if anyone can help me. I have got Microsoft Windows Visa Home ...

Trouble with Leaving a copy on server
Hello, I have set Outlook 2003 to leave a copy on the server at my home location. But when I get to work the email is gone from server. Is there something that I am misiing to set because in Outlook 2000 all it was is a check box. thanks Eric Stoakes <estoakes@digitalcircuitsolutions.com> wrote: > I have set Outlook 2003 to leave a copy on the server at my home > location. But when I get to work the email is gone from server. Is > there something that I am misiing to set because in Outlook 2000 all > it was is a check box. That's all it is for Outlook 2003...

Merge worksheets
We run weekly reports that grow from week to week. We are looking for a method to take last weeks worksheet and merge with the latest worksheet. For example last weeks worksheet had 5 events, this weeks worksheet has 7 (5 of the 7 events are the same as last weeks events) - we only want to see the 2 new events. Any and all ideas are welcome. Can you pick out a unique id for each event? If you can, you could look at the new worksheet (with 7 events) and add a column to find out which events are carried over from the previous week. I'm gonna use sheet1 for last week's data and ...

Excel to VB not (VBA)
Sorry mis-stated the question. Is there any difference in quality of graphing when you translate and excel into a VB app? Kind regards, Mark I guess it would depend on how you will create the charts with VB. One cannot just 'translate' XL workbook(s) into VB. Different platforms, different languages, different purposes. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005 In article <d5q1o1$4vb$1@reader01.singnet.com.sg>, mark...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Worksheet border blends with background during movement
Hello! How to make a worksheet window border visible during the window movement? The border blends with an Excel background and is not visible. Regards, Dima ...

Display ranges from one worksheet to another
I am running excel 2003. I have been given the task of creating a workbook where on one main sheet I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other worksheets based on the user selection. The ranges are work weeks and we want to be able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource planning. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find a way to do this? Thank you. Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eb392038-e6ab-46b0-a3d6-eb0df5c7a0fd@h2g2000vbd...

Named Cells In Worksheet
This is probably really dumb: After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how do you un-name or delete the name? TIA Fred Hi From menu select Insert.Name.Define Select the name from list - Delete Arvi Laanemets "Fred Yager" <fredyager@koolsturgis.com> wrote in message news:06b201c39314$68e716f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This is probably really dumb: > > After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how > do you un-name or delete the name? > > TIA > > Fred Use Insert, Name, Define. Then, highlight the name and press the Delete button...

vba excel 2007 data mining
hi, i tried recording a macro to do an analysis using excel 2007 data mining addin. But later when i try to run the macro it did not work. I checked the macro code - it did not seem have any code to call the data mining algorithm in the data mining addin. Please help ...

Problem with copying a to from date to another cell
I am trying to enter the first 7 days of the year in one cell. ie: A1 -> 1/2/05 to 1/8/05 And then I want to drag that down to 53 cells and have it copy in the following format. ie: A2 -> 1/9/05 to 1/15/05 A3 -> 1/16/05 to 1/22/05 etc... Is this possible? I would do it by using two separate columns, typing in the two top row dates, the highlight the area you wish to fill, then Edit > Fill > Series > Trend..........then when you have the two columns of dates, use a third helper column with this formula copied down...... =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yy")&...

Email First Page of Worksheet Possible?
Hi, I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first page -summary report page. Is this possible? Try this: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail4.htm HTH On Jan 23, 5:25=A0am, "Gerard Sanchez" <geepeeoneREMOV...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I was just wondering whether it's possible to email the > first page of a worksheet comprised of multiple pages. Just the first > page -summary report page. > > Is this possible? Can excel not do this with out outlook ...