VBA/Macro/Date format help

Hello

Firstly I apologise if this is not the right forum.

Some kind soul (I forget who, sorry) wrote me a macro that copied the
contents of 4 columns to another part of a spreadsheet if the date matched
today's date. For some reason I can't fathom, when it copies the date, it
does so in US format rather than the UK format which is the setting for my
PC. Given that today's date (2nd August) in UK reads as 02/08/03 the US
format returns the date of Feb 2nd. I really don't understand VBA at all,
when I call the help file Excel can't locate it, and I'm struggling!

I can post the macro if required, but wondered whether anyone had
encountered and/or resolved this problem before.

Thanks,

Stewart Brough

0
broughsie (3)

You also might try:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        Set myRng = .Range("AD5", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AD").End(xlUp))
        'Set myRng = .Range("ad5:AD556")
        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            If myCell.Value = Date Then
                .Cells(myCell.Row, "AH").Resize(1, 4).Value _
                    = myCell.Resize(1, 4).Value
                .Cells(myCell.Row,"AH").Numberformat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
            End If
        Next myCell
    End With

End Sub

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Jock <broughsie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dave
>
> Thanks for replying, that's the one (apologies for forgetting your name
> too!). I use Outlook Express as my NG reader, and as I haven't been in the
> NG's for a while I couldn't find the original thread.
>
> I've checked my international settings and they are definitely UK, ie
> dd/mm/yyyy. I've tried the second macro and that copies the date
perfectly,
> BUT it also copies the formulae in the other 3 cells rather than the
values
> in those cells.
>
> "Are you sure the original cells were correct--try formatting them as mmm
> dd,
> yyyy (temporarily)." I've tried that, had to use a custom setting to get
> 08/02/03 ie mm/dd/yy, and when I run the original macro it's copied as
> 02/08/03 (dd/mm/yy) even though I've formatted both cells (the original
and
> the copy) identically.
>
> I'm completely at a loss to understand why!
>
> Jock

0
twogilvy (1078)
8/2/2003 6:46:58 PM
Dave/Tom

Thankyou both very much, the latest one you provided Dave, works a treat,
and I'm once again indebted to you.

I had actually devised a workaround using the initial macro, by formatting
the original date-to-be-copied simply as general (ie the serial number) it
worked.

Thanks once again

Jock

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> My next guess!
>
> Option Explicit
> Sub testme01()
>
>     Dim myRng As Range
>     Dim myCell As Range
>
>     With Worksheets("sheet1")
>         Set myRng = .Range("AD5", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AD").End(xlUp))
>         'Set myRng = .Range("ad5:AD556")
>         For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
>             If myCell.Value = Date Then
>                 myCell.Resize(1, 4).Copy
>                 .Cells(myCell.Row, "AH").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
>             End If
>         Next myCell
>     End With
>
>     application.cutcopymode = false
> End Sub
>

> It just does the paste special values.  But if that doesn't work, post
back and
> one of the international users can jump in.  I'm out of ideas!
>
> Good luck,
>

> Jock wrote:
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > Thanks for replying, that's the one (apologies for forgetting your name
> > too!). I use Outlook Express as my NG reader, and as I haven't been in
the
> > NG's for a while I couldn't find the original thread.
> >
> > I've checked my international settings and they are definitely UK, ie
> > dd/mm/yyyy. I've tried the second macro and that copies the date
perfectly,
> > BUT it also copies the formulae in the other 3 cells rather than the
values
> > in those cells.
> >
> > "Are you sure the original cells were correct--try formatting them as
mmm
> > dd,
> > yyyy (temporarily)." I've tried that, had to use a custom setting to get
> > 08/02/03 ie mm/dd/yy, and when I run the original macro it's copied as
> > 02/08/03 (dd/mm/yy) even though I've formatted both cells (the original
and
> > the copy) identically.
> >
> > I'm completely at a loss to understand why!
> >
> > Jock
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
broughsie (3)
8/2/2003 7:27:04 PM
You didn't say whether the change I suggested worked or not?

--

> Dave/Tom
>
> Thankyou both very much, the latest one you provided Dave, works a treat,
> and I'm once again indebted to you.
>
> I had actually devised a workaround using the initial macro, by formatting
> the original date-to-be-copied simply as general (ie the serial number) it
> worked.
>
> Thanks once again
>
> Jock
>

> "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> > My next guess!
> >
> > Option Explicit
> > Sub testme01()
> >
> >     Dim myRng As Range
> >     Dim myCell As Range
> >
> >     With Worksheets("sheet1")
> >         Set myRng = .Range("AD5", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AD").End(xlUp))
> >         'Set myRng = .Range("ad5:AD556")
> >         For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
> >             If myCell.Value = Date Then
> >                 myCell.Resize(1, 4).Copy
> >                 .Cells(myCell.Row, "AH").PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteValues
> >             End If
> >         Next myCell
> >     End With
> >
> >     application.cutcopymode = false
> > End Sub
> >

> > It just does the paste special values.  But if that doesn't work, post
> back and
> > one of the international users can jump in.  I'm out of ideas!
> >
> > Good luck,
> >

> > Jock wrote:
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >
> > > Thanks for replying, that's the one (apologies for forgetting your
name
> > > too!). I use Outlook Express as my NG reader, and as I haven't been in
> the
> > > NG's for a while I couldn't find the original thread.
> > >
> > > I've checked my international settings and they are definitely UK, ie
> > > dd/mm/yyyy. I've tried the second macro and that copies the date
> perfectly,
> > > BUT it also copies the formulae in the other 3 cells rather than the
> values
> > > in those cells.
> > >
> > > "Are you sure the original cells were correct--try formatting them as
> mmm
> > > dd,
> > > yyyy (temporarily)." I've tried that, had to use a custom setting to
get
> > > 08/02/03 ie mm/dd/yy, and when I run the original macro it's copied as
> > > 02/08/03 (dd/mm/yy) even though I've formatted both cells (the
original
> and
> > > the copy) identically.
> > >
> > > I'm completely at a loss to understand why!
> > >
> > > Jock
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> > ec35720@msn.com

0
twogilvy (1078)
8/2/2003 10:54:21 PM
I forgot to add, if my suggestion doesn't work, could you try it with this:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim myCell As Range

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        Set myRng = .Range("AD5", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AD").End(xlUp))
        'Set myRng = .Range("ad5:AD556")
        For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
            If myCell.Value = Date Then
                .Cells(myCell.Row, "AH").Resize(1, 4).Value _
                    = myCell.Resize(1, 4).Value2   '<== note the use of
Value2
                .Cells(myCell.Row,"AH").Numberformat = "dd/mm/yyyy"
            End If
        Next myCell
    End With

End Sub

Don't care what solution you use, but would like to know what works.  Thanks
in advance.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

Jock <broughsie@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dave/Tom
>
> Thankyou both very much, the latest one you provided Dave, works a treat,
> and I'm once again indebted to you.
>
> I had actually devised a workaround using the initial macro, by formatting
> the original date-to-be-copied simply as general (ie the serial number) it
> worked.
>
> Thanks once again
>
> Jock
>

> "Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> > My next guess!
> >
> > Option Explicit
> > Sub testme01()
> >
> >     Dim myRng As Range
> >     Dim myCell As Range
> >
> >     With Worksheets("sheet1")
> >         Set myRng = .Range("AD5", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "AD").End(xlUp))
> >         'Set myRng = .Range("ad5:AD556")
> >         For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
> >             If myCell.Value = Date Then
> >                 myCell.Resize(1, 4).Copy
> >                 .Cells(myCell.Row, "AH").PasteSpecial
Paste:=xlPasteValues
> >             End If
> >         Next myCell
> >     End With
> >
> >     application.cutcopymode = false
> > End Sub
> >

> > It just does the paste special values.  But if that doesn't work, post
> back and
> > one of the international users can jump in.  I'm out of ideas!
> >
> > Good luck,
> >

> > Jock wrote:
> > >
> > > Dave
> > >
> > > Thanks for replying, that's the one (apologies for forgetting your
name
> > > too!). I use Outlook Express as my NG reader, and as I haven't been in
> the
> > > NG's for a while I couldn't find the original thread.
> > >
> > > I've checked my international settings and they are definitely UK, ie
> > > dd/mm/yyyy. I've tried the second macro and that copies the date
> perfectly,
> > > BUT it also copies the formulae in the other 3 cells rather than the
> values
> > > in those cells.
> > >
> > > "Are you sure the original cells were correct--try formatting them as
> mmm
> > > dd,
> > > yyyy (temporarily)." I've tried that, had to use a custom setting to
get
> > > 08/02/03 ie mm/dd/yy, and when I run the original macro it's copied as
> > > 02/08/03 (dd/mm/yy) even though I've formatted both cells (the
original
> and
> > > the copy) identically.
> > >
> > > I'm completely at a loss to understand why!
> > >
> > > Jock
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dave Peterson
> > ec35720@msn.com

0
twogilvy (1078)
8/2/2003 11:00:05 PM
I've seen posts about using value2 with currency.  And I just read the help.
Thanks for the tip.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

chart MAcro to change on activecell

VBA training suggestions?
I'm looking for tips on software out there on learning VBA for Excel. I know how to create macros and have a good idea of what a script might look like for the macro I created. I just want to learn how to write them on my own for my personal use. Any suggestions? Thank you kindly for your input! I do not know of any software for learning VBA, but you can't go wrong looking at all the Excel VBA web sites as well as purchasing a copy of John Walkenbach's "Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA" http://j-walk.com/ss/. Recording macros and then editing them is a pow...

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Help Required

Dates #9

Qrp Date functions