VBA Learning Tools (your recommendations)

Looking for good resources (books, websites, etc) to learn VBA.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott,

Have a look at the links posted on this site, under the heading of,

 Excel Lessons & Tutorials (#tutorials)
 http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm

Books

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Scott Wagner" <ScottWagner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looking for good resources (books, websites, etc) to learn VBA.
>
> What can you recommend?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

Debra Dalgleish has a list of books at her site:
http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html

John Walkenbach's is a nice one to start with.

Depending on how advanced you are...

Professional Excel Development
By Stephen Bullen, Rob Bovey, John Green

See if you can find them in your local bookstore/internet site and you can
choose what one you like best.

--

Dave Peterson
0

how to add a redo button on my tool bar
how to add a redo button on my tool bar The Standard Toolbar has the undo and redo icons. If you have a customized Toolbar you might not have them. In that case.................... Tools>Customize>Commands>Edit Drag the re-do icon to your Toolbar Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:21:01 -0700, homail <homail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how to add a redo button on my tool bar ...

Trouble Populating Graph Object Via VBA #2
Bottom like is that the code works if I break and then resume, but does not work otherwise. I'm coding in MS Access, but this being the Excel NG, I thought maybe somebody here might have been where I am now.... Stepping through the code, it's like the Graph.Datasheet is going "Poof!". Later in the code, I set TitleText, so the pointer to Graph is still there... but sometimes the cell assignments "stick" and sometimes they don't. It's just when I right-click the form's Chart object and select 'Edit' that I can see that the datasheet is empty -...

2007 column chart theme colors via VBA
I'm creating a column chart with 20 pairs of series. Because there are so many series (2x20==40), I've done it quickly with VBA. What I haven't figured out is how to use "theme colors" to set the fill color for each series with VBA. Ideally each pair would use the same color but with two different shades (is that even the correct term?). Is there a guide somewhere that explains how to work with theme colors in this setting? I suppose I'm not necessarily tied to theme colors, but it would be nice (so users could change the theme, I suppose). Thanks in advance! ...

Compatibility Excel 2003 with Excel 2004 containing VBA modules

Password in vba code
I have a worksheet that I want to protect but needs amending and saving when a macro is running. how do I unprotect using a password and re protect using same password in my code? Sub test() With Sheets(1) ..Unprotect Password:="Jolene" ..Cells(1, 1).Locked = True ..Cells(1, 1).Value = Time ..Columns(1).AutoFit ..Protect Password:="Jolene" End With End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald ' "MikeyMay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:01ea01c47bc2$dc9ac960$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I have a worksheet that I want to protect but needs ...

Attempting to "Embed" a font in Excel 2003
Hey there everyone, I do not know what I missed, but I must have missed something... The code (below) runs without errors in Excel 2003 on Vista and XP. It does copy the font into the font folder, but it is not registering right. At the CMD I can DIR the fonts folder and see that the file is there, but if I look using explorer it is not visible (not font name or file name). For this upload I changed the location of font file to "C:\temp\". The actual location of the file is on a network server and is accessed via UNC. When this codes works as intended it would copy the font, regi...

Beta Testers Needed For New Outlook Developer's Tool
Bizbox Software is in the process of recruiting beta testers for its flagship product, Outlook Architect 2003. Outlook Architect is a collection of intelligent components designed to allow you to quickly add rich user interfaces to your Microsoft� Outlook� based business solutions. Qualified beta testers will be entitled to a 75% discount off the retail price of the shipping version of Outlook Architect 2003. To sign up: * Go to http://www.bizboxsoftware.com * Click Products * Click Beta Thanks, Toby Smith Bizbox Software www.bizboxsoftware.com Create dynamic folder home pages in minut...

DST, and Time Zone Update Tool
If I run this update tool on mailbox, are all appointments within the DST change period affected? We have a situation were some workstations had KB928388 installed in Dec - as I understand it, this was a KB931836 predecessor. So, workstations with this update that booked appointments after that should be OK, but not appointments booked prior to that date - Correct? The rest of the servers and a few laptops got the update in late Feb. Every machine now has KB931836 and there is a mix of appointments during the DST change period that are OK and some that are off by one hour ahead. IF I ru...

VBA Custom Toolbar
Win XP, Excel 2003 Assuming there is one, what is the extension of the file containing VBA Custom Toolbars and where is it located. donwb ..xlb mine is here - C:\Documents and Settings\<user-name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\Excel11.xlb Regards, Peter T "donwb" <2banshee2@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:%234zbJPemKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Win XP, Excel 2003 > Assuming there is one, what is the extension of the file > containing VBA Custom Toolbars and where is it located. > donwb > Many thanks Pe...

excel sheet with vba coding
i have a worksheet with vba coding which takes abnormally long time to open. I deframented the drive but still did not make any difference in the time it takes to open. What could be the reason and what should be done to overcome this. Hi Check out also this site's You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp Opening/Saving Bottlenecks (Charles Williams) http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave Troubleshoot Startup Problems(MS): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q280504 Some tips on o...

VBA in Access or Outlook
I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of the message only the data relative to the particular recipient. My question is which application Access or Outlook is the best one to code the module in to do this? I am using Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. Use the SendObject command in Access VBA. "Susan" wrote: > I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email > out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of ...

Professional Tools Library #2
I have the Professional Tools Library for version 9. I have since upgraded my Dynamics GP to version 10. Does anyone know if I can still the Professional Tools Library for version 9 to modify Dynamics GP 10 or am I going to have to once again upgrade my Professional Tools Library? You have to use the 10.0 Professional Tools Library for GP 10.0 - as with any other component, all the versions have to match. There is no data to upgrade - it is just an install by dropping in a .cnk file into the GP install directory. However, you will need a new registration key for version 10.0 - if you don...

Invalid root element with C++ XML generation tool
I have a very strange problem. I created an XSD file with the following root: <Database> </Database> However, since C++ does not allow you to have a property with the same name as the class, when it generates the Strongly typed Dataset, it appends the text "Schema" to the end of the root element. So the Strongly Typed class name is DatabaseSchema. It does this by looking at the id property of the schema. However, this causes a lot of problems when I do a WriteXML on the dataset. It basically generates this: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>...

recommended RBL providers?
I am setting up message filtering on my Exchange 2003 server and was wondering if anyone had any good RBL list servers they would recommend, or alternately a good website to look some good ones up on? Try this URL http://www.dnsstuff.com/ Take a look at the center box "Spam Database Lookup". Type an IP address and click the Lookup button. It'll tell you which DNSBL (RBL) lists the IP address. Pick any one you like. I'm currently using 3 DNSBL: spamcop.net, sorbs.net, and spamhaus.org "Jason Gallas" <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote in message news:dgpci0t16oo...

Modifier with VBA`
Our company is recently trying to do some changes on the Collection mgmt windows. Its being suggested we go tthrough via the Modifier approach. We are using GP 8.0; so we installed the VBA from the additional product suite but when I go to Tools->Customize I find the VBA menu items disabled. So going through this newsgroup it was suggested that an additional license[site customization license ] is required . Is this true? AC AC: If you are a customer and want to do your own VBA modifications, you must buy the full Modifier with VBA product. If you are a partner who is doing the ...

VBA: Paste in a range
Hi, I am using the following code to paste the value of the given selected cell to another sheet with the following VBA function. I have used a function to get the row number for the given criteria in column "J". For i = 0 To 5 If Cells(2 + i, 11) = 1 Then myrow = Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(2 + i, 12).value 'MsgBox myrow ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Cells(2 + i, 11).Copy ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet2").Range("f" & myrow).Paste End If Next i While execution ...

VBA to populate workdat between dates
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me. The problem is I am trying to get a VBA code that will request the user to input two dates and will populate the workdays between these dates into a specified column User Inputs StartDate = 01-Mar-2006 EndDate = 01-Mar-2007 Output in say column C 01-Mar-2006 02-Mar-2006 03-Mar-2006 06-Mar-2006 07-Mar-2006 08-Mar-2006 09-Mar-2006 10-Mar-2006 13-Mar-2006 14-Mar-2006 15-Mar-2006 etc Thanks in Advance This will give you M-F without holidays. Sub betweenDates() Dim StartDate As Date Dim EndDate As Date Dim CurDate As Date Dim aWS As Worksheet Set a...

VBA Code for Montecarlo Simulation
I would like to set up a spreadsheet intended for Montecarlo simulations to iterate a number of times (say 1000), while saving the frequency of each outcome on a separate table or graph. I know that pressing F9 recalculates the spreadsheet, generating a new outcome each time. What would the VBA code look like for this routine? Rafage- Save a lot of hassle by using the free add-in PopTools, which incidentally includes a superb rng (current state of the art for MS sims). Dave Braden Rafaga wrote: > I would like to set up a spreadsheet intended for Montecarlo simulations to > it...

Visual Studio Tools Deployment
I had created some additional screen for GP9 using VS Tools. Do i need to deploy all the dll files into add-in folder in every client machine? Can i just deploy the files at server rather than every client machine? On Jun 7, 8:10 am, richard <rich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I had created some additional screen for GP9 using VS Tools. Do i need to > deploy all the dll files into add-in folder in every client machine? Can i > just deploy the files at server rather than every client machine? i think so you have to deploy on every client like chunk file, but another ...

Outlook 2000 OST Integrity Check Tool
Hi. I am looking for a simular tool for Outlook 2002. Anny idea where I can find it? Dag N I'm running Outlook 2003, but give \program files\common files\system\msmapi\<langid>\scanost.exe a peek for scanost.exe. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Dag N" <Skier@start.no> wrote in message news:br43jv$fg2$1@sunshine.equant.no... > Hi. > I am looking for a simular tool for Outlook 2002. > Anny idea where I can find it? > > Dag N > > ...

Open Files, perform action - fails
The following code casues an application defined error and I need hel understanding why. The code for finding the word "closed" in column works fine in a worksheet all by itself. And the code that reads file list from a directory works fine by itself. However, the tw together seem not to behave together...Any thoughts???? Sub OpenWorkbooksInLocation() Application.ScreenUpdating = True 'to see whats happening Dim i As Integer With Application.FileSearch 'find files .NewSearch .LookIn = "C:\Test" 'Amend to suit .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "...

VBA: Activate sheets within a loop
I want to loop through a list of sheets, why won't the following code allow me to activate a sheet? Thanks for your help in advance! Sub LoopThroughSheets() Dim wSheet As Worksheet i = 5 wSheet = Sheets("Print Tracks").Range("G" & i).Value Do While wSheet <> "" Sheets(wSheet).Activate Calculate i = i + 1 wSheet = Sheets("Print Tracks").Range("G" & i).Value Loop End Sub Hi, There's no need to activate the sheet to calculate, try this Sub LoopThroughSheets() Dim w...

Tools-macro-security
One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. Every time she opens the database, she gets assaulted by meaningless security messages because she cannot turn them off. Is this being controlled by the IT department with some registry setting? Pat: It COULD be a Group Policy that their SysAdmin has set. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator ____________________________________ If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. "Pat Hartman" wrote: > One of my clients cannot get the change security to low option to stick. > Eve...

Is there a tool bar for emoticons that I can download?
Does anybody know what I am looking for? If you find one called Hotbar - do NOT download it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Amanda asked: | Does anybody know what I am looking for? ...

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be in one of 30 workbooks. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a better way to find the code rather than searching for it 30 times please? Also, I think best practice is that I put my favourite code into my personal.xls file - is that correct? kazzy was thinking very hard : > Hi VBAers, > > I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is > I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be ...