VBA - Clear the clipboard before closing file

Hi!  I have a template where I have allowed users to
insert rows.
I use the following code:

Range("a52").Select
    Selection.EntireRow.Insert
    Rows("53:53").Copy
    Rows("52:52").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormulas,
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=False
       Range("a2").Select

However, when the user closes the file - there is a huge
amt of data on the clip board and I do not want the user
to get the message - is there a way for me to clear the
information on the clip board?

Also what does "Application.CutCopyMode = False" do?

Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

searching with the keyword "clipboard" spat out at least a couple of
useful posts. it would have saved you sometime, too.

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=250371&highlight=clipboard

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=250272&highlight=clipboard

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=249587&highlight=clipboard

---

isv.config file
We have altered the isv.config file to show additional tabs and buttons in the CRM forms. These tabs and buttons show and work fine in the web client but are not available to the sales for outlook client. They do not show in Outlook. Should this customisation show in the sales for outlook client? Thanks, Brett if you look in your _resources directory under wwwroot on the crm web server you will see a file called OutlookClient_sample.xml you use this file for the outlook client config file. so you duplicate anything in isv.config to this file and call it i think OutlookClient.config -- ...

Find byte pattern in file (still desperate for solution)
I'm still desperately looking for a solution to this question. I need a very intelligent way to find an array of bytes within a file, but not only that preferably a regex expression of sorts. For example my database has around 50,000 regex entries such as "FFFF.*BB0403.*FF" that I want to turn into a byte array then search for. I understand how to go about writing my own code for this, however it is a little over my head when we're dealing with searching so many patterns against many files while trying to be speedy about the operation. Does anyone have any g...

How to copy iPhone SMS to TXT file on computer?
[url=http://www.backup-iphone-sms.com/how-to-copy-iphone-sms-to-txt-file.html][b]How to copy iPhone SMS to TXT file with iPhone SMS Backup software on computer?[/b][/url]What is .txt file: .txt is a filename extension for files consisting of text usually contain very little formatting (ex: no bolding or italics). Files with the .txt extension can easily be read or opened by any program that reads text and, for that reason, are considered universal (or platform independent).With Tansee iPhone Transfer SMS, you can [b]backup iPhone SMS to PC as a txt[/b] file and keep them safe. [b]Guide of how ...

Renaming Files
I have a great number of files labeled with a first name followed by a last name and a date. I need to switch the file names and save them as Last Name First Name followed by the date? Any suggestion on how to do this? Is there a character which separates the names, like space or underscore? Maybe.... If your file names are 3 parts each separated by a space: John Smith 12022005.xls Something like this might work: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wkbk As Workbook Dim myFileNames As Variant Dim NewFileName As String Dim iCtr As Long Dim lCtr As Long Dim myName A...

Outlook.exe has caused errors and windows is closing it
It also says it is creating an error log. We have basically put a user profile and reimaged the computer and still have this error that shuts down Outlook. 1. It appears that there must be something in the data of outlook since that is all that remains from the previous installation. We have removed all calendar items and still have problems. All that remains are email items. Virus signatures are current (today). Any ideas? 2. Where is this error log. What is it called. We have searched for it on the local hard disk and don't see anything that we can access. Has anyone had ...

Looking to learn VBA
th -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Flamikey! I'd recommend John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA. Don't worry about the book's version number because all differences are flagged clearly. But see Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlbooks.html -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. OK Norm, I broke down and purchased both of John's 2003 Power & Formulas books Thanks fo...

Deleting Rows Automatically using a Text File List
I have a text file list of .jpg files that I want to delete (rows) from Excel. The list has 800+ items in it. Deleting these rows one at a time in Excel (after doing a "find") is terribly time consuming. Does anyone know how to make Excel read my text file and delete the rows with that filename in it (automatically). The filename (listed in the text file) is in a column (in my excel sheet) called "filename". Any help would be most appreciated!!! Seriously! I may have to spend hours on this otherwise! Thank you, Arielle -- mirdonamy ------------------------------...

Export Excel file to SQL
I'm currently doing a project where it require client to export excel spreadsheets to SQL. the application that is using the excel spreadsheet exported is a web-based application. Is it possible to do that? Any suggestion or recommendation is greatly appreciated. thank you Go to Enterprise Manager. Browse to your database in the left pane (object browser). Right click your database. All Tasks --> Import Data. Next. Set your datasource to Microsoft Excel 97-2000 or whichever Excel version you have. Click the ... button next to the File Name text box and browse to your Excel sheet. M...

Please help me with a couple of VBA related Word questions... than
1. If a group of users have a common template installed on their machine, and they are all sent a document created with that template, is the appropriate corresponding template identified by its filename, or by its fully-qualified-folder-path-filename (which could be in different locations on different client machines), or something else? 2. Can VBA code be separated from the document and distributed separately from the document? 3. What's the best way of distributing changes to a VBA macro? Thank you for your help I do not have the facilities to the check a...

Importing a CSV file
I want to import a file into physical inventory. Here is what I do: 1) Run a Quantity report(I don't think the report really matters) 2) I put it in alphabetical order, then I export it using RMS Manager into a ..CSV file 3) I go into Inventory > Physical Inventory, and I click on New and Manuel Entry 4) I import the file...it works just fine!!! BUT If you in any way alter the .CSV file, and save it again, in the same format Steps 1 - 4 won't work...WHY WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG??? -- Thank You Vince :) The problem might be the Item Lookup Codes are being modified by ...

Theme Files
I am attempting to make a theme file that will work on any computer that I want it to. So far I have made it work on my computer. When opened on other computers it only does some of what I want it to do. Anything anyone could suggest would be great. Themes are not part of Access, they are part of Windows. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Nathan Ri...

Outlook Express creates a File on my desktop
ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my desktop named "~". it has done this since new, and ive seen it on one other computer as well. is there a way to stop this from happening?? cause deleting the file everytime is getting tiresome...if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. ty Shawn <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ok i dont know if anyone else is getting this problem but > when ever i run outlook express it creates a file on my > desktop named "~". ...

Excel 2003, Opening a file
Hello Everyone, I have this problem when trying to open a file in Excel. It takes along time to drill down down in the folder list. Any ideas? Thanks -Mark I suggest putting a shortcut to the file(s) or to the buried folder that your file(s) are in. The shortcut could be on your desktop or in some folder close to the "surface". To create the shortcut or your desktop you can navigate to the desired folder (using My Computer), right click and drag the folder to your desktop. When you release respond that you want to create a shortcut (rather than moving or copying...

Deleting Files
Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that file entirely; can find no way to do it. I would appreciate any help in that area. TY -- HerbFry Go find the file and delete it. I'm probably missing something here like what "can find no way to do it" means. How do you delete Word files? Excel files? Notepad files? "HerbFry" <HerbFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A841D96-66F5-4734-84A8-F5634FC09272@microsoft.com... > Was treasurer for an organization; term has ended; want to delete that > file > entirely...

can't save files in subfolders using Word #2
I'm running Word on a Mac running OS X. When I go to save a file in Word, it only gives me the option to save in the root files like "Documents" or "Applications." How do I save the file into a subfolder? On a PC, I would double click to open the folders until I got to the folder I needed. That doesn't work here. Can someone help? I'm sure this is something obvious I'm missing. Thanks - Taylor In article <1163740041.258317.226140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, taylorgriffin@gmail.com wrote: > I'm sure this is something obvious I'...

Database File Size
Hello All, A quick question regarding the Database size: We had an old Access database file protected by Security Wizard, We created a new database file and import everything from the old file, however the size is not exactly the same, the new database file is way smaller than the old one. Does that mean any data lost in the import process? Or is there any other reason such as we used the Security Wizard on the old one not the new one so that overhead was added...anyone could explain this? Also is there a way to compare the two database file to see if they are the same or not? Thanks a lot!...

using find and replace it's making me look in another file to upd
I have used the find and replace function several times in the spreadsheet to update the fromulas monthly. For some reason when I use it this month it wants me to look in another file to "update values"? There is not another file and there is no way for me to use the find and replace. ...

Publisher 2007 file is listed on my network, but the file wont ope
After designing a publisher application with Microsoft Office 2007, I have saved the document to my local network, and ALAS, the folder containing the file is "empty", but clicking on the folder shows the document(properties, size etc.) but I cannot open/edit/rename the file! Any help is greatly appreciated. Can you open the file if you drag it to your local hard drive? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jtjordan_design" <jtjordan_design@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BBA993D-09AE-4BE5-BEFC-0A06705A16D0@microsoft.com... > After desi...

Open file Slow on Excel 2003
We have upgraded our Office 2000 to 2003 and after the upgrade the response time to open a file on the network or C drive is slow. Once you have click on down arrow next to the look in box it takes a few seconds to respond. All the patches have been loaded. We are running windows XP Any suggetions ...

VBA
Hello, The following code colors a row based on a cell value within that row. Dim myCell2 As Range Dim myrng2 As Range Set myrng2 = Sheets("SORT").Range("$D$2:$D$240") For Each myCell2 In myrng2.Cells whatwant2 = myCell2.Value For Each rcell In Sheets("SETUP").Range("$D$2:$D$20000") If rcell.Value Like whatwant2 And rcell.Value > 0 Then rcell.EntireRow.Resize(1, 21).Interior.ColorIndex = 38 End If Next rcell Next myCell2 Instead of using Range for Set myrng2 & ...

Organizing "Junk" file
Everyone, I've got a problem that I hope someone here can help me with. I have Outlook 2002, and a few months ago I had a problem where I was being inundated with spam messages. So I took a lot of these spammers and put them in my junk senders file. The problem is, in so doing I accidentally clicked the wrong message, and now the address of a friend of mine is now on this junk list. I have tried to get into this list to edit it, but I can find no way to do this. If I click on Actions, Junk mail, I have only two selections -- add to junk list, or add to adult content list. Ther...

Lock my Excel file
Hello, I have created a spreadsheet that I would like to have saved and locked, so that when a person attempts to access this file they would need a password. How do you advise? Lisa Hi in the save as dialog unter 'Tools' you can define a password for your file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:385301c48f7b$560df080$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have created a spreadsheet that I would like to have > saved and locked, so that when a person attempts to access > thi...

How to pack files using winrar command line in VC++ program?
Hi! How to pack a number of files using winrar command line in VC++ MFC program? Thanks! Markel ShellExecute() looks like one of the easiest ways and the nShowCmd argument might even let you make it look cool by not showing a console window (SW_HIDE). "Markel" <markelmail@tom.com> wrote in message news:eqebbEozDHA.1680@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi! > How to pack a number of files using winrar command line in VC++ MFC program? > Thanks! > Markel > > ...

import snp file extension to MS Excel
I received a file with an extension snp, is there any way I can convert or import to MS Excel format? Thanks. Not to my knowledge, which is that SNP files can only be viewed with Access Snapshot Viewer. Ask the person that sent it to you to export it to Excel instead of SNP. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "TSS" <TSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B79D46-7545-4D30-9152-0D633590AF6E@microsoft.com... >I received a file with an extension snp, is there any way I can convert or > import to MS Excel format? > > Thanks. FWIW, De...

File Not Found #4
I have Excel 2000, and I use Paste Links often. Sometimes one of my files seems to get "infected" in such a way that when I open it, I get a "File Not Found" window that seems to be looking for another file that has been moved to another folder or deleted and which bears no relation to the file just opened. I have tried everything I can think of to stop this window from appearing but with no success. The help files in Excel are of no help. This not a fatal problem but a constant nuisance. Any suggestions anybody? It sounds as if your workbook has a link to anot...