VBA and Formula for Lottery Random Number Selection

Require VBA and Formula to perform the following:

1. Choose two Random numbers between 1-34

2. The lowest number of the two must be subtracted from
the highest number to be within a predetermined Range.

3. The predetermined Ranges that can be selected are:
5-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30 and 31-34. This is the
difference between the two numbers - the highest and
lowest Randomly selected numbers.

4. Formula to check that Randomly selected numbers meet
criteria.

Example:
Predetermined Range required 5-10
Numbers Randomly Selected 18 and 28
28-18=10 therefore within predetermined Range of 5-10

5. Need option to add a further three numbers Randomly
and option to Self Select: adding to the two previous
numbers that have met the Range criteria. These three
numbers to be placed in ascending order between the two
previous criteria satisfied highest and lowest. The three
numbers slotted in between must not be lower than the
previous criteria Range Lowest and likewise not higher
than the previous criteria Range Highest.

Example:
18 - - - 28
18 20 21 26 28

6. All five numbers to be displayed and sorted in
ascending order, left to right.

7. VBA to produce a display of 10 sets of 5 numbers
meeting the criteria.

Does anyone have the time to code a solution?

Appreciated.

Cheers
Tina
0
anonymous (74722)

I have a solution for you.
Email me and I will send it to you.

Ken

---

KenMacksey (98)
9/5/2004 6:32:34 PM
Hi Ken,

Thanks for file. I'll still need to post for further
assistance.

The main difference in what your file does and what I'm
actually trying to do is that the Ranges in your file
directly reflect the actual numbers associated with the
Ranges; eg: Range 5-10 selects numbers 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

Whereas my Range representation means the subtraction of
the lowest Random number from the highest Random number
to fall within the Range of 5-10; example:

18 - - - 28, Subtract 18 from 28, 28-18=10; thus falling
within the Range 5-10 not actually selecting numbers 5,
6, 7, 8, 9, or 10.

However, thank you for reply and assistance.  If any
other solution ideas spring to mind please let me know.

Thanks
Tina

(http://www.grisoft.com).
24/08/2004

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
9/5/2004 11:31:54 PM
Hi Tina...

Are you looking at the UK Thunderball?

ste
Hi Ste,

Yes, I am looking at the UK Thunderball; can you help?

Tina

0
anonymous (74722)
9/6/2004 4:13:33 PM
Tina,

This may not be what you want - but it may give you some ideas or a basis to
construct your own sheet..

Enter one of your lower predetermined range values in D1 and in E1 the
formula

=D1+3+(D1<>31)+(D1=5)

Now in G2 enter:
=IF(E1=34,ROUNDUP(RAND()*5+31,0),ROUNDUP(E1+RAND()*(34-E1),0))

and in C2 enter:
=MAX(1,ROUND((G2-E1)+RAND()*(E1-D1),0))
note that this is ROUND not ROUNDUP

finally in D2 enter
=ROUNDUP(RAND()*($G$2-C2-(5-(COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$2))))+C2,0)
and copy it along to F2

Repeated pressing of Key F9 will give numbers within the ranges you
specified.

HTH

Sandy
--
to e-mail direct replace @mailintor.com with @tiscali.co.uk
"Tina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Require VBA and Formula to perform the following:
>
> 1. Choose two Random numbers between 1-34
>
> 2. The lowest number of the two must be subtracted from
> the highest number to be within a predetermined Range.
>
> 3. The predetermined Ranges that can be selected are:
> 5-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30 and 31-34. This is the
> difference between the two numbers - the highest and
> lowest Randomly selected numbers.
>
> 4. Formula to check that Randomly selected numbers meet
> criteria.
>
> Example:
> Predetermined Range required 5-10
> Numbers Randomly Selected 18 and 28
> 28-18=10 therefore within predetermined Range of 5-10
>
> 5. Need option to add a further three numbers Randomly
> and option to Self Select: adding to the two previous
> numbers that have met the Range criteria. These three
> numbers to be placed in ascending order between the two
> previous criteria satisfied highest and lowest. The three
> numbers slotted in between must not be lower than the
> previous criteria Range Lowest and likewise not higher
> than the previous criteria Range Highest.
>
> Example:
> 18 - - - 28
> 18 20 21 26 28
>
> 6. All five numbers to be displayed and sorted in
> ascending order, left to right.
>
> 7. VBA to produce a display of 10 sets of 5 numbers
> meeting the criteria.
>
> Does anyone have the time to code a solution?
>
> Appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Tina

0
sandymann (252)
9/6/2004 7:17:29 PM
Hi Sandy,

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to
provide formula. Extremely useful.

Cheers
Tina

0
anonymous (74722)
9/7/2004 4:27:10 PM
You're welcome.  It was not exactly what you wanted but I hope that it gives
you enough information to build the spreadsheet that you wanted.

Regards

Sandy

--

> Hi Sandy,
>
> Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to
> provide formula. Extremely useful.
>
> Cheers
> Tina

0
sandymann (252)

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

help with problem formula
this formula worked up to yesterday. i had a power surg and now it onl give me one color. Private Sub LCase(Target.Val Target As Range) Dim myColor As Long If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect ( Target, Me.Range("d:d")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Select Case LCase(Target.Value) Case Is = "a" : myColor = 33 Case Is = "b" : myColor = 38 Case Is = "c" : myColor = 20 Case Is = "e" : myColor = 35 Case Is = "f" : myColor = 40 Case Is = "g" : myColor = 8 Case Else myColor =x1None End selection Target.Interior.Col...

Sequential Numbering in Word 2003 and Recycling unused numbers
Once again, I am stuck in Macro world which is quickly consuming me :) It is though, quite addictive and I am determined to win the fight I'm having with my PC. I work for a company which uses network servers so the document needs to be accessed by different people but not necessarily at the same time. We operate Windows XP Word 2003. I am trying to create a document that will open with a sequential number, but if the document is not used or opened accidentally then the number it has generated needs to be recycled for auditing purposes. I seem to be able to get the number t...

How to dial a phone number with modem quickly?
hi, all I want to use my modem to dial a phone number which is for our phone server.The only thing I want is to dial the number and make sure the phone server can detect this dial. It not necessary to make a whole connection. How to do that, does any have any idea? I tried to use RAS and use ATD command to dial, but the modem often try to establish a connectoin. So each dial, it will take a long time. I hope it dial and return in 1-2 second. Is that possible? "Nicky" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E94D14BB-12BC-4CA8-890B-B2A4E191341E@microsoft.com......

help with the syntax for using range name in a formula?
I have --------=3D+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want to replace B7:B19 with =93Myrange=94 but I can=92t seem to get the syntax right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC Hi =AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3})) have you created Myrange? have you spelt it correctly? -- Regards Roger Govier "BRC" <brc1051-googrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0e09817-22dc-4c36-b60d-67a397067441@h9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want > to replace B7:B19 with �Myra...

Case numbering 01-26-04
I have found the auto numbering in 1.2, but it only lets me change the prefix for the cases "CAS". I need to start my numbering at 3500 instead of 1000. Is there a way to change the starting number? Thanks, Stefanie ...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

Lowest value in a selection of data
Hi What formula would I use to find the lowest value in a selection of data i.e. B49:E52. Much Appreciated Brian =MIN(B49:E52) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007a Jumping in here... Is it possible to know the address of the cell containing the minimum value? John. You can use the MATCH function to locate the (relative) position, but if you have more than one value which are minima then it will only find the first. Pete On Nov 16, 7:23 pm, John Google <JohnGoo...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: > Jumping in here... > > Is it possible to know the address of the cell containin...

Select Queries in Macro
Hi I have created a Macro with 20+ "Select Queries". When the Macro is run with the "OpenQuery" action, because these are "Select Queries" it is opening all of them in several windows. I want to either : 1. Run these queries without opening a window 2. Close all query windows after the Macro is complete. I know that its odd to have so many "Select Queries" - I didn't create the database, so rather than start from scratch I'd like to clean it up a bit. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. What is the purpose of openning a select query and...

How to you selectively sum on a series of numbers?
I have a column filled with numbers, but I only want to sum up a few of them. Let's say I have numbers filling A1:A10. Let's say I only want to sum up the numbers located is A3 and A4. I'd like to ability to enter something in the b column (e.g. "y" in cells b3 and b4) and have a formula that adds up the values in the "A" cells that have a corresponding "y" in the "B" column. This formula would allow me to selectively choose which cells needs to be summed. What is the best/cleanest way to write that formula? Thank you. =SUMPRODUC...

Continuation of Formula in New Array
Hi I am using this formula VLOOKUP($B$1,'Team A'!$A$18:$IV$45,MATCH($B5,'Team A'!$18:$18,0),0) The Array starts from A18 As you realise due to Excel limitation (!) the array only goes as far as Column IV; I wish to continue the Table array ( starting from a new row rather than a new worksheet) say from Cell A50 to IV77 and then continue again from A82 to IV109 and perhaps etc Is it possible. Please Note If it is to be done in Macro Please provide me a detailed Idiot Guide as I have NEVER PERFORMED/USED a Macro, and would not know where to start. Thx Gunjani I don'...

rolling weeks formula
Hi all, I have a sheet that has data in cells A1-A10 and will continue on through A11, A12 etc as the weeks go on and data is added. I want to make a sum of lets say A2-A6 this week, but next week A3-A7 and so on, like a rolling week data. Is there a way of doing this simple sum without having to SUM(A2-A6) and editing it the following week to SUM(A3-A7)? Any help is appreciated Andrew Hi Andrew One way Using cell B1 to hold the starting week number =SUM(INDEX(A:A,B1):INDEX(A:A,B1+3)) Just alter the value in B1 to give a different range -- Regards Roger Govier "@Homeonthecou...

Using Query by typing " SELECT......"
Hello, When I saw on the addresss sample database, the form Household is uing query by just mentioning SELECT...... My question is how can type SELECT then prompt the table to us. I normally use grid query, what is the difference using grid query of SQL Query ( is it SQL that using SELECT....?) Many thanks for any idea provided -- H. Frank Situmorang The RecordSource property of a form can accept: - a table name - a query name - a SQL statement. You can change the RecordSource property of the form programmatically. For example, if the form currently has a RecordSource of: SELECT ...

Formula
Have a simple idea that is giving me fits. Have a worksheet with numberic data and labels in rows and columns. Below each column I use a simple SUM() function which works fine, until I disturb a row of data. By disturb, what I mean is that if I move the top row of data down to the bottom of the array, highlight the entire data area, move that area up one row, I lose the correct references in the SUM() function. I'm just moving the data area, not the row containing my SUM() functions - that stays put. IOW, the SUM() function is in row 12, the data area extends from row 1 through ...

How do I reduce the number of data points I have??
Hi , I have some 10000 data points from which I need to reduce to something like 100 points before making an xy chart. Typically I would like to make a chart of every 10th point. So basically I need to reduce the length of my two rows. Is there any way I can do this easily?? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- swapan From the Microsoft Charting FAQ: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ ssan...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Automatic Insert Rows VBA
A Very Good Evening All, I have a macro that runs: advanced filter/copy to another place/unique, between two worksheets (Column A in each worksheet being the identfier; worksheet1 is source data,with duplicates of identifiers; worksheet2 is formula driven from the sum of the unique identifiers in Worksheet1) However...I would like the macro to automatically extend the rows in worksheet2, to accommodate the ever increasing rows of worksheet1 Here is my specific code worksheet1 = "Invoice Record" worksheet2 = "General Report" Sub CommandButton1_Click() ' A...

Need Formula Help....
Hi: Is there a formula string for something like this.....?: I want a number in a cell when a specific word is typed in another cell, for example, if I wanted the number 50 to appear in C2 if I type the word, say, Airplane, in cell C1? Thanks, pinger You need to define what you want when cell C1 does not contain the word airplane. Enter this formula in C2: =IF(C1="airplane",50,"") If C1 does not contain airplane the formula will leave the cell blank. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "pinger" <pinger@ec.rr.com> wrote in message news:47cf6287$0...

Formula Paste Button
Excel provides menu bar buttons for "format" and "value" pastes, but not for "formula" pastes. I've tried creating a macro that I could then create a menu bar button for, but it doesn't work (VBA says the "selection" is bad.) Does anyone know how to create a simple "formula paste" button for the menu bar? I haven't seen any threads on this. Thanks, -- alandry753 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alandry753's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26700 V...

Formula not copying over as before
I track sales for 97 people using seperate worksheets for each one and one total page. Everytime I would add a worksheet, I would go to the total page, copy and paste the forumula to the next cell and everything worked great. The total was pulled from lets say the 95th worksheet and put on cover sheet of the corresponding person. I've tried manually typing in the formula and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? "doesn't work" means what? No results? Results don't change? Have you looked at your Calculation Options? Are they set to "Auto"? Formula onl...

interest/inflation formula help
Could someone please do this formula for me. �300,000 to work out its worth each year (including interest) Then deduct cost of living % (inflation) each year. So �300,000 (at 6% interest) = �318000 deduct (inflation at say 3%)= �308460 (this would be its net worth say after one year I would use rows A1 to J10 for the actual amounts and would use 2 cells in row 2 for the interest rate and for the inflation figure, this way I could change the rates without altering the formula. I hope this makes sense. thanks There are a heap of financial functions built into excel. Look up PV ...

Automatic number fill-in on Labels
Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D380870-FF28-4227-B724-301AC3EC9A8D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on > Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 ...

converting from text to numerical number
I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: 1 2 3 .... 31 row 1 row 2 row 3 Jan row 4 row 5 Feb row x Dec I would like to replace column 1 up to Jan to 1. Replace the cell below Jan to Feb to 2. etc. Would anyone help. Thanks in advance. You could select cells A1:A3, type a 1, then press Ctrl+Enter Select A4:A5, type a 2, and press Ctrl+Enter And so on, till all twelve months are done. james wrote: > I have a spread sheet of entire year schedule. The format as following: > > 1 2 3 .... 31 &...

I need a formula to mark up a product by 200%
Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!! If their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it. I have a product and it cost me $4.50 to produce. I would like to mark it up 200%. What would the function be?? Thanks On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 18:29:01 -0800, StitchWitch <StitchWitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, i am stupid when it comes to this stuff and frustrate easily!! If >their is anyone that can help me i would greatly appreciate it. I have a >product and it cost me $4.50 to produce. I would like to mark ...

randomly scatter text
I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it allover the page, with out placing it manually. I was able to do it on the last version of publisher but I can't seem to find the random button on this one. PLEASE HELP!!! Tabs? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jenice" <jenice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C51271-D425-4E3E-8A71-55365A05D774@microsoft.com... >I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it > all...