VBA #8

I received an answer to my yesterday query which included using a VBA
procedure.

I have NO idea what a VBA procedure is.

Please explain.

FL Kulchar
0
FLKULCHAR (37)

1.

You seem to assume we all know what question you posted and why you received
an answer using VBA. Post a follow up in the same thread so anyone can see
what went on before.
You could at least (assuming you have access to the internet) do
www.google.com search, go to microsoft.com and type in VBA procedure in the
search box

here's a link that might be of some use

http://www.excel-vba.com/

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

> I received an answer to my yesterday query which included using a VBA
> procedure.
>
> I have NO idea what a VBA procedure is.
>
> Please explain.
>
> FL Kulchar
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/29/2004 5:15:02 PM
Hi
in addition to Peo's answer:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany
"FLKULCHAR" <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I received an answer to my yesterday query which included using a VBA
> procedure.
>
> I have NO idea what a VBA procedure is.
>
> Please explain.
>
> FL Kulchar

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/29/2004 5:41:01 PM
To:  Mr. Peo:

Here is my original posting:
Every evening, I copy and paste a column of numbers into a row of
numbers...from one workbook to another, using the PASTE SPECIAL, TRANSPOSE
capabilities of EXCEL.

Since I do this EVERY DAY, is there a way I can bypass the PASTE SPECIAL
command via some instruction.thus telling the command to copy into a row
instead of a column?

In other words, I would like to speed up the process, click on the leading
cell, and then copy (what was once a column in another worksheet into a row
on my new workbook).

Thanks,

Any pointers??

FL Kulchar

  Was this post helpful to you?
   Reply      Top

  R.VENKATARAMAN

   12/28/2004 7:39 PM PST
Re: Paste Special

  In: microsoft.public.excel.misc

create a vba procedure like this

Public Sub test()
Range("d5:d10").Copy
Workbooks("book2").Worksheets("sheet1").Range("B4"). _
  PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, Transpose:=True
End Sub

this sub is placed on the vbeditor of book1 where the column data is located
customise the sub to suit your needs.
your original data is in sheet1 and range  d5 to d10
the data to be copied to book2, sheet1 and from B4
================
FLKULCHAR <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every evening, I copy and paste a column of numbers into a row of
> numbers...from one workbook to another, using the PASTE SPECIAL, TRANSPOSE
> capabilities of EXCEL.
>
> Since I do this EVERY DAY, is there a way I can bypass the PASTE SPECIAL
> command via some instruction.thus telling the command to copy into a row
> instead of a column?
>
> In other words, I would like to speed up the process, click on the leading
> cell, and then copy (what was once a column in another worksheet into a
row
> on my new workbook).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Any pointers??
>
> FL Kulchar

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS AS I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH VBA!!

Please advise.

"FLKULCHAR" wrote:

> I received an answer to my yesterday query which included using a VBA
> procedure.
>
> I have NO idea what a VBA procedure is.
>
> Please explain.
>
> FL Kulchar
0
FLKULCHAR (37)

How do you move UserForm to Right hand side of screen with VBA?
The Userform usually come up in the center of the screen. Given that different users have different resolutions on their screens how do you move the Userform to the right hand side of the screen with it being centered vertically no matter what the user screen resolution is? Thanks Dennis Hi Dennis Try this in the userform module Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.StartUpPosition = 0 Me.Top = (Application.Height / 2) - Me.Height / 2 Me.Left = Application.Width - Me.Width + Application.Left End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <Dennis@NoSpam.com> wrote in ...

Compile Error #8
Whenever I open an Excel file, I get a message "Compile in hidden module. Registration DB." I click ok and the file opens. Then when I am done and want to close the file, I get the same message and I have to click ok to close out. It is getting a little annoying and would like to know how I can correct this problem. There is something wrong with the VB project included in the workbook. It's impossible for anyone to say what the specific error is without seeing the code. Someone would have to find and fix the error. Being "hidden" I think the VB project may be...

great plains vba customization
Hello all, Can any body provide me a link to technical manual/documentation which would guide me all the steps involved in customization of Great Plains using VBA Modifier. Regards, Syed Fahad Anwar. Hi Fahad, you can find info and examples at Customer/Partner Source. Regards, Takashi "Fahad Anwar" <fahad.anwar@kalsoft.org> wrote in message news:uRX21I8HFHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > Can any body provide me a link to technical manual/documentation > which would guide me all the steps involved in customization of Great P...

Greeting cards on Microsoft 8
Trying to find instructions on using the card programs in Microsoft works 8. ...

Logging into GP Dynamics 7.5 reports error dealing with VBA event
While logging into Great Plains Dynamics, an error occurs stating "A serious error occured during a VBA event". We are running a duel terminal service clustered environment and logging into our main database gives this error. It is only happening on one of our 2 clustered boxes. After a second reboot of the Windows 2003 server, the error seeemed to disappear... During our migration, i am worried this error will reappear... has anyone seen or know of this error that could lead me down the right path? The event logs do not report any errors... is there by chance specific log...

IE 8 keeps crashing...any help woult be great
james_1231@yahoo.com Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iexplore.exe Application Version: 8.0.7600.16385 Application Timestamp: 4a5bc69e Fault Module Name: mshtml.dll Fault Module Version: 8.0.7600.16490 Fault Module Timestamp: 4b2c9557 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 001bc595 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: 0a9e Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 Additional Information 3: 0a9e Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789 ...

sorting question #8
hello, I am having a problem with sorting the following: cells in column A have military time in them and to the right of A, col B thru G are merged so that somes lengthy notes can be typed into the cell. Now, the times in the A cells will corrrespond to the notes on the right. ex: A1 B1thruG1 1500 employee smith reported to work late, his assignment is xyz.... 1600 employee jones reported to work late, his assignment is xyz.... 1400 employee green reported to work late, his assignment is xyz.... notice that s...

Windows 7 and IE 8
What is the correct version of IE8 to Use with Windows 7? My Windows 7 is highly unstable and the crashes seem to come either after I download email or Use IE8 or Firefox 5 -- oumalou > What is the correct version of IE8 to Use with Windows 7? The one that's currently installed. Did you upgrade to Win7 or is it a brand-new computer? 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode: http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advance...

Reinstall IE 8 in Windows 7
For months now I cannot use IE 8 in Windows 7 due to rendering issues with pages. I've tried "reseting" everything and using compatibility mode with no resolve. Is there a way to remove IE 8 in Windows 7 and reinstall it? Internet Explorer 8 is part of the Windows 7 operating system, so it can't be removed or reinstalled. In any case, reinstalling Internet Explorer almost never solves a problem. Unfortunately, you haven't provided any details about your "rendering issues" so no one can help you with them. Experience has shown that practicall...

IE 8 hangs too often!
'upgraded' to IE8 recently, ISP also 'upgraded' download speed (to > 8 MBps) since then connection is going downhill Internet Explorer sometimes very fast, then it starts to hang when clicking on a link to open a page sometimes only recourse is to close IE and start again, works most times but sometimes page won't load at all.. Unfortunately same prob also with Firefox, Chrome, though in diminished amount tried already most of the ususal remedies any bright ideas are wellcome Carlos/London You have tried "most of the usual remedies"...

Mailbox Rights #8
I am trying to apply read only rights to a shared mailbox and it does not work. According to Technet Article it should work. I checked other resources and confirmed that it does not work. Exchange 2003 SP1, Windows 2003 Standard Edition, Outlook 2003 SP2. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/a7de9bbd-54b5-45b7-8421-b32dad648654.mspx If I grant Full permission to Mailbox it works. If I grant permission from the mailbox itself or using PFDAVAdmin tool, I can grant the Read only permission but then a user can not open shared mailbox profile. The user ha...

VS 6.0 dialogs in the VS 8.0
Hi All, I have some dialog in the MFC project created in the VC 6.0 This project can be compiled and started using the VC 8.0, but in resource editor I do not see the dialog events handlers, created in VC 6.0. BEGIN_EVENTSINK_MAP(CDlg, CDialog) //{{AFX_EVENTSINK_MAP(CDlg) ON_EVENT(CDlg, IDC_COUNT_SAVE, -600 /* Click */, OnClickCountSave, VTS_NONE) ON_EVENT(CDlg, IDC_COUNT_CLEAR, -600 /* Click */, OnClickCountClear, VTS_NONE) //}}AFX_EVENTSINK_MAP ON_EVENT(CDlg, IDC_COUNT_SAVE, DISPID_CLICK, CDlg::ClickCountSave, VTS_NONE) END_EVENTSINK_MAP() New event handler created by VC 8.0, Click...

8:00 AM shows in date field when printing Outlook form
I am in the process of developing a custom Outlook Message Form. For this form I have created a User-defined date field. Even though the format of this field is mm/dd/yy, it always prints out as mm/dd/yyyy 8:00:00 AM. Why does the "8:00:00 AM" show up when printing and how do I remove it? This symtom is just the oposite when using User- defined time fields. ...

VBA IN EXCEL
Not sure if this is the right place for this post. I have a spread sheet for my stock use on site at work. It is approx 500 lines in length. I already have a conditionla format to highlight a cell when it falls below a set figure (I use this colour change to remind myself to re-order stk) Is there a way I can use VBA to offer a text box in this case? Thanks Julian Julian What you could do is have a button on your excel spreadsheet ( or an icon on the toolbar or an itm on a menu bar) which when you click will tell you which items of stock you are running low of. The box could tel...

=?Utf-8?Q?how_can_i_type_the_numbers_in_ar?= =?Utf-8?Q?abic_or_farsi_format_=D9=85=D8=AB=D9=84_1233?=
the question is: how can i type the numbers in arabic or farsi format مثل 1233 ...

=?Utf-8?B?5LiL6LyJ5YWN6LK755qE5Y+N55eF5q+SIDg0NjA=?=
許多性能問題和安全性您的計算機造成惡意病毒,最好的辦法對付,這是得到承認和防病毒在計算機上安裝更新 殺毒軟件免費下載: http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/ 鏈接網站的內容: http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/ http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_617.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_8504.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_2183.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_3709.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_5872.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_7172.html http://antiviruscn.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post...

VBA Password Workaround
Hi, Is there any free software that will either remove or extract the excel VBA password in a workbook. I have tried a Hex editor but keep getting different string lengths for the comparison strings between the password protected VBA code and the overlay workbook. Thx Check out the below link http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Wet Pimple" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any free software that will either remove or extract the excel VBA > password in a workbook. > ...

How to map a user local string (using OS code page) to UTF-8 and vice-versa in C or C++?
Hi How to map a user local string (using OS code page) to UTF-8 and vice-versa ? I need send strings between clients and a server (the clients can be linux or windows) and I am thinking in use UTF-8 to change text. What happens if I change a chinese text to UTF-8, send it to the server that locale is english ? Leandro Gustavo Biss Becker ...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

Ver 8 to Ver 10
Hello all we are running Version 8 on our old box and looking to go to a new box but would like to go to version 10 but with a fresh and new install anyone find any articles yet. I looked and just seen the basic install type white docs but nothing yet about moving just data over. On Nov 12, 10:04 pm, Brian <nixtoo...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello all we are running Version 8 on our old box and looking to go to a > new box but would like to go to version 10 but with a fresh and new > install anyone find any articles yet. I looked and just seen the basic > install type ...

msdn universal subscription + great plains 8.0
As a universal subscriber, I'd like to evaluate GP8.0. I've burned the cd and I'm about to install. As a part of the installation, I create a test company 'Two, Inc'. May I also create additional companies or am I precluded to experimentation with Two only? Pl. advise. Tx. I believe that you can also create your own company, since the MSDN subscription is supposed to allow you to use the product "for real." >-----Original Message----- >As a universal subscriber, I'd like to evaluate GP8.0. I've burned the >cd and I'm about to install. A...

Solver VBA routine
I am trying to create a macro that will run the Excel Solver on several rows in a spreadsheet. The number of rows could change, therefore I need to create a loop that will work until the row or cell in the A column is empty. You will see that I inserted the word current for the row location, I'm not sure if this is the correct syntax. I"m new to VBA, so I appreciate any guidance that anyone has. Thanks, KLM Sub ditchdepth() ' ' ditchdepth Macro ' Macro recorded 7/31/2005 by KMANNING ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+k counter = 0 Do Until Selection.Offset(count...

Adobe 8 Upgrades Problems with Word
I recently had Adobe Acrobat 8 installed. In addition to installing toolbar objects on Outlook and Word without asking for permission, my Microsoft Word now will only open in Safe Mode. Has any one experienced this problem? How did you get Microsoft Word to open in regular mode? Thanks for your help! Aloha, Bob Since you have asked a question about Word, why not post it in a Word newsgroup? "Bob Stanfield" <Bob Stanfield@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B786FA3D-B024-48AE-B999-D148CE188F41@microsoft.com... :I recently had Adobe Acrobat ...

Truncating and rounding off numbers in VBA
Two simple questions that hopefully have simple solutions to them. 1) I want to truncate a number (34.6) so the end result only shows 34. I cannot find the function in VBA and its help service is of no help? IS there one and if so what is it? 2) Also, is there a function for rounding off as well. I tried to set the decmals property for an unbound textbox control to 1 but it has no effect on the result numbers that come out (eg. 24.3245 instead of 24.3). Why is that and how can I solve this? I was thinking I could use a roundoff function in VBA but can't find what it is or if it e...

great plains 8.0 extension
where can i download the new release of gp. i mean the gp 8.0 extension You can download them off CustomerSource. Each piece is a separte download and, for the most part, a separate cost. "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39C0220E-443E-4248-BCB3-95BA8A9839FF@microsoft.com... > where can i download the new release of gp. i mean the gp 8.0 extension So far all the components are released (for North Amercian use) except for the new BI components. "PMassey" <pmassey@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:Kxzae.106844$QB6.4322...