VB range name problem!

hi everyone,

I have a problem where I have macro code where i want to
refer to a range name but excel won't recognise what i
want it to do unless i put the cell reference in there.
The code is listed below, cell I175 is range named "cash".

any ideas?

If Target.Address = ("$I$175") Then
If Range("cash").Value <> 1 Then
Range("debt_terms").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False

Range("cash").Select

Else
If Range("cash").Value = 1 Then
Range("debt_terms").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True

Range("cash").Select

End If
End If
End If

Thank you very much
Cheers
Nick
0
anonymous (74722)

"Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi everyone,
>
> I have a problem where I have macro code where i want to
> refer to a range name but excel won't recognise what i
> want it to do unless i put the cell reference in there.
> The code is listed below, cell I175 is range named "cash".
>
> any ideas?

Nick,

Are you saying that you can't substitute $I$175 in the following line with
'cash'?

 If Target.Address = ("$I$175") Then

If so, that is because 'cash' refers to a range, whereas this test is on an
address string. If you want to use the range name, do this

    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("cash")) Then

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

bob.phillips1 (6510)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Problem with CFTPConnection

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

VB Macro #2

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

Printing problem in booklet format

problem opening up program/file

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

How do you sort a date range by month?
We are trying to find out how many birthdays fall with in a given month using excel. You could use a helper column, with something like = A2. Format this (Format - Cells - Number - Custom: mmm. Now you can use Data - Subtotals, "At each change in: Month" and "Use function: Count." -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Brewisc13" <Brewisc13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E02AAC-8216-43F5-846F-E981E978E44B@microsoft.com... > We are trying to find out how many birthdays fall with in...

How do I assign a name to a PDF report via VBA
Thanks to the internet site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee336132.aspx I have the following subprocedure: Private Sub Print_to_PDF_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim reportName As String reportName = "HCBS CMgr Smmry Report" DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acPreview, WindowMode:=acHidden Set Reports(reportName).Printer = _ Application.Printers("CutePDF Printer") DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acViewNormal End Sub This appears to be a good start; however, it stops and waits for me to enter the n...

vba vs VB dotnet
I have a new project to use MS access as backend. I would like to know what adre the difference betwwen VBA and VB dotnet as front end? what is the best choise and what I need considre to use front end bwteen 2 choices? Your information is great appreciated, Souris wrote: > I have a new project to use MS access as backend. > > I would like to know what adre the difference betwwen VBA and VB > dotnet as front end? > > > what is the best choise and what I need considre to use front end > bwteen 2 choices? Well a big difference is that you can actually create a fr...

vb date and ssn textbox formats
Ok, so maybe I am crazy...but I have checked "Visual Basic 6 how t program", and "Visual basic 5 teach yourself in 24 hrs" for and exampl or how to format a text box on a user form to accept and display date and Social Security Numbers in the specified format. Thanks Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Date TextBox1.Text = Format(Date,"dd mmm yyyy") SSNs TextBox1.Text = Format(mySSN, "000-00-0000") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mai...