Variance Total for less than complete year?

Hi,

I'm comparing monthly data for the current year 2005 with monthly data for
2004 - easy-peasy for the month-on-month variance!

My sheet has data for all 12 months of 2004, but I'm only filling in 2005
data as it becomes available. However, I want to show an accumulated total
variance to date - i.e. the 7 month totals (jan-Jul2005) v. the corresponding
7 months totals for Jan-jul2004. How can I create a summing formula that
adjusts accordingly?

Many thanks,

Enzo
0
Enzo1 (8)

any ideas anyone?

Enzo

"Enzo" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm comparing monthly data for the current year 2005 with monthly data for
> 2004 - easy-peasy for the month-on-month variance!
>
> My sheet has data for all 12 months of 2004, but I'm only filling in 2005
> data as it becomes available. However, I want to show an accumulated total
> variance to date - i.e. the 7 month totals (jan-Jul2005) v. the corresponding
> 7 months totals for Jan-jul2004. How can I create a summing formula that
> adjusts accordingly?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Enzo
0
Enzo1 (8)

Auto Complete #4
I'm using Outlook 2002 and the autocomplete function for e- mail address has stopped working (i.e when you type in an e-mail address, it does not bring up a list of e-mail addresses for you to choose from). I have already checked the settings and they are set for this option to be on. J Jones <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2002 and the autocomplete function for e- > mail address has stopped working (i.e when you type in an > e-mail address, it does not bring up a list of e-mail > addresses for you to choose from). I have alre...

Pivot: grand totals
Hi all, i need your help for the below table: ITEMS YEAR YRLY_TOT GRAND_TOT 2008 $10 1. ITEM1 2009 $20 $60 2010 $30 2008 $10 2. ITEM2 2009 $30 $80 2010 $40 2008 $20 3. ITEM3 2009 $30 $90 2010 $40 Each item has yearly totals (column YRLY_TOT). I want column GRAND_TOT to show total of all three years for each item ( i guess the three cells shou...

Pivot Table Totals
I have a pivot table with a calculated field called potential units. The formula is (1 - Closure Rate) * Net Units. The column headers are individual months of the year. The calculated field works fine for the individual months, but the total always returns a 0. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

GP v6.x Year End for 2004
Hi, I have a client that is on Great Plains v6.0 and they are wondering if they will be able to close out the END of Year for 2004 without any updates to the application? If updates are needed where can I get them? Thanks, Norm PS, be gentle, I'm not a Great Plains consultant. Norm, There shouldn't be anything different about closing 2004 than closing 2003, so your client should be fine. The only implication I can think of is that if the W-2 or 1099 forms for 2004 changed and you client needs to print them from Great Plains, then Microsoft would not be providing any more upda...

How do I subtract a date from a date for a sum of total years?
I am trying to calculate how many years an employee has worked. I have start date and current date. What is the formula to return years worked? If the current date is in A1 and the start date is in B1, then =year(A1)-year(B1) formatted as general will return the number of years worked. -- Gary''s Student "Paige" wrote: > I am trying to calculate how many years an employee has worked. I have start > date and current date. What is the formula to return years worked? Hi Paige One way =DATEDIF(Startdate,currentdate,"y") for years only =DATEDIF(Start...

I want to compare totals and flag those less than or more than
I would like to find a formula to compare number in one column to the next column and flag them as less than or more than the base number. =IF(A2<B2,"Less than",IF(A2>B2,"More than","")) -- Best Regards, Luke M "Moz" <Moz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAAE3174-4B05-4742-BCED-48759963B71E@microsoft.com... >I would like to find a formula to compare number in one column to the next > column and flag them as less than or more than the base number. ...

GP10 Year End Close
We had a customer start a year end close for last financial year and then change their mind. They then terminated GP via Windows Task Manager killing the process. We are unable to make the customer restore back as they did this over two weeks ago and have only just told us about it and have been using GP as normal since the aborted year-end close. I have been unable to find anything on the Knowledge Base on what can be done to rectify the problems this will have created and wondered if anyone had been in this position? Ian, Well.You cannot have a KB Article on situations like this wh...

Remove Leading Zeros from dates, need 4 Digit year
Because of a backlog with our .NET programmer, I am working with a report that was extracted from an SQL database to an Excel file. I have linked the Excel file to Access to provide reports in a specific format so that all I have to do is run the extract then overwrite the existing XLS extract. However, I have noticed that there are sometimes leading zeros in some of the entries which could be either in the month and/or the day. Even worse, some years are only two digits. I need the format to be m/d/yyyy (only 1/1/2009 - not 01/01/09 or any variation thereof) for my calculation in the repo...

Insufficient memory to complete operation
I receive this message when I try to print a picture (which is an attachment in Outlook) ...

Hiding completed tasks #2
Does anyone know how to hide a task that is completed? In calendar view? I'm using office 2000. Thanks. Bud <budocs@cox.net> wrote: > Does anyone know how to hide a task that is completed? In > calendar view? I'm using office 2000. Thanks. I find the delete key works wonders in that regard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Complete headers
Hello I'm using Exch 5.5 SP3, is it possible to obtain the complete header from external e-mail in the client message? In advance thanks a lot Brice "Brice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >I'm using Exch 5.5 SP3, is it possible to obtain the >complete header from external e-mail in the client >message? > >In advance thanks a lot >Brice In Outlook, right click the message and select Options. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/r...

Auto-complete Account String
I am working with a client that wishes to have the last few segents of the account string default based on one of the other segments entered. For example, if the account string is XXX-YYYY-ZZZ-AAA- BBB, can you have "BBB" auto-populate based on the entry made to "AAA". If anyone has heard of such a solution (through 3rd party or otherwise), I can certainly use some advise. Please contact me by e-mail at mcorr@cloudrise.com Thank you, Mark this sort of thing can be easily accomplished with Modifier and VBA. Do you have Customization Site Enabler or Modifier as one o...

Pivot table from CSV data, problem getting a percentage from the total
Hi, (P.S. This is more readable with Courier font.) I'm using data from a CSV file to make a Pivot Table. My data is sum of widgets per year. In the Pivot Table, I have the years across the top as column headers so it looks like this : 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 A 437 179 431 203 14 321 270 B 267 382 429 432 205 257 176 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Now in a standard pivot table I can get a total on each line: 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 Total A 437 179 431 203 14 321 270 1855 B 267 382 429 432 205 257 176 2148 ----------------...

Auto Number
Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In the bound form, frmProvider, I would like txtProcessProviderNumber to increment by 1 on each new record each new record entered during the Year. The year will be entered manually by the user via combo box in text field. Once the Process year changes to a new year I would want the numbers to start all over at 1. How can I do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Gary i n Michigan, USA GaryS wrote: >Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In >the bound form,...

Read-Only for Forms after all fields are completed
I need a form to only be read-only once all the fields in the form have been completed to allow users to go back and view the history, but not edit. Would that require some sort of event procedure involving the AfterUpdate option? If so, what would I need to do to start? Thank you. First off you need to start using correct terms; you're talking about ***records*** here, not ***forms***. A forms contains multiple records. Next, what exactly constitutes a "completed" record? When every single field in the record has data? When certain fields have data? When a che...

Macro Total Sum
Sheet 1 Column a Row 1-5 Copy of cells to sheet two a1 put a total two rows below list a7 this time. The next time sheet one may have row 1-10. Now macro should put answer on a12 and total rowa 1-10. ANy help. New to writing macros Hi Joey. Take a look at this site. It may help. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Joey" wrote: > Sheet 1 Column a Row 1-5 > Copy of cells to sheet two a1 put a total two rows below list a7 this time. > The next time sheet one may have row 1-10. > Now macro should put answer on a12 and tota...

Leaving a total sum cell blank until other cells are filled
Hi there, some help needed please for probably a simple problem. Lets say I have a value in cell A1. A2 is blank for now and the total of the SUM will be in A3. How can i get it so that A3 is blank until A2 is filled in. Any would be appreciated Try this in A3: =3DIF(OR(A1=3D"",A2=3D""),"",A1+A2) That checks for both A1 and A2 being empty, and if either of them are then the formula will return a blank. If you only want to test for A2, then you can do this: =3DIF(A2=3D"","",A1+A2) No need for SUM. Hope this helps. ...

Save not completed!!!!
Dear all, I have a problem trying to save worksheets with Excel 2000 on a Windows 98 client connected to a Windows 2000 Server server. The error is: "Save not completed. File rename failed. Retry?" I have clicked Cancel, another error appears: " Your changes could not be saved to <Filename.xls>, but were saved to a temporary document named <39220000>. Close the existing document, then open the temporary document and save it under a new name." Microsoft has two articles about this error: 234685 & 249931, but nothing explain my case exactly. Note: I hav...

"Learn How To Quickly Build At Least $40,000 Worth Of Home Equity And Pay Your Mortgage Off In 10 Years Or Less"
-Without Making Biweekly Mortgage Payments- Or Changing Your Current Mortgage. Dear Homeowner, Did you know it's possible to build a minimum of $40,000 in home equity, and pay your mortgage off in 10 years or less without making biweekly mortgage payments? Fortunately, for you as a homeowner this is entirely possible. http://sportsbiz.hhfreport.hop.clickbank.net ...

Total Qty in POS screen
Dear All, Please is there anyone have updated the POS screen to show the total quantity of the transaction & to show the total amount of the transaction before discount? Thanks in advance, Best Regards, -- Ibrahim Zubair This can be done easily in the HTML part of the screen. But it will be a small development. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Ibrahim Zubair" <IbrahimZubair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21AA0D44-B24D-42D9-91AD-C5D6538822C4@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > Please is...

Get complete email message source from Outlook 2003???
Hello! I need to be able to simply copy/paste the COMPLETE source data from an email message recieved in Outlook 2003. I know I can get headers by using Options, but I need the complete message. In Outlook Express this is very easy. Select the message, view Properties, Details, Message Source button... Voila! I don't see how Microsoft could omit this in Outlook 2003! http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/view_source.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www...

running total in SmartList Builder?
Hello: Is there a way to have SmartList Builder perform a calculated field where the field is a running total? I have a column that is the Actual Apply From Amount from PM30300. I need it to be a running total for each PO Number in the PO Number column. The PO Number column comes from PM30200. Is that possible, or am I stuck creating a SQL view (fun, fun!). childofthe1980s Child, The $64,000 question: Why would you want to know how much is applied on a historical document? If it's in history (PM30200) it's supposed to be fully applied, isn't it? Besides the point, I...

automatic total of selected cells
Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back? I know this is dead simple, but I can't find the answer in help. The area is called the Status Bar. Right-click the Bar and select the desired function to appear there. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MarlboroughT&C" wrote: > Usually if I select a column or row of cells, I can see the total at the > bottom of the worksheet - this seems to have disappeared. How do I get it > back? I know this is de...

Counting years
Hi, I have in column A this code as result of calculating years, months and days with dateif: Column A 6 / 8 / 25 6 / 0 / 17 5 / 11 / 12 6 / 6 / 21 6 / 0 / 30 6 / 3 / 30 6 / 1 / 0 6 / 7 / 3 8 / 11 / 14 6 / 0 / 11 6 / 3 / 27 6 / 0 / 0 6 / 1 / 20 I want to count the number of cells that have 5 years. In this case would be 1. The year is the first digit starting by the left. Thanks! Since those values look like text, you could try: =countif(a1:a10,"5 /*") Personally, I'd use separate columns for each of those years, months and days. It can make...

Calendar views...by year.
Hi all, I have been tasked to allow Outlook (XP)to print a 5 year view to allo staff here to glance over task headings for each day. I realise thi sounds somewhat strange so i'd like to be able to just print one yea by week in portrait view over about 4 pages. Is this possible ? The Co. does not have an Exchange server as of yet so my first task wa to 'share' outlook calendar on the network so that the teams can see in their own view, what meetings, tasks lay ahead, and I am using nice plugin from http://www.outlookforms.nl/Outlook%20Group%20Calendar.htm which is currently und...