Values in multiple columns into one column

Hi everyone,

I have a spreadsheet with values in multiple columns
where for instance col A is blank colb or c or d won't
be...there will be something in one where the others are
empty. I need to create a column with all the values
together. Tried using the following formula but it
doesn't seem to work... the values are all dates..

=IF(O2=" ",N2,IF(N2=" ",K2,IF(K2=" ",J2,O2)))

Can anybody help!!

Cheers
Dan
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
try
=IF(O2="",N2,IF(N2="",K2,IF(K2="",J2,O2)))

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/13/2004 9:27:37 AM
sTILL NOT WORKING. RETURND A 0 in the columns.

0
anonymous (74722)
5/13/2004 10:10:19 AM
Hi
can you provide some example data for your columns (plain
text - no attachment please) and your desired result for
each row

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Multiple PST Files #2

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

Multiple Bar Codes Per Item
I'm looking to use Microsoft RMS for a medium sized game store with one terminal. One critical feature is the ability to have multiple bar codes assigned to the same item. Can RMS do this? Gary Gary, If you are talking about multiple part numbers, yes, use the alias function. Remember what a barcode is. Its a graphical representation of a partnumber that is machine readable. It doesn't describe the item, it is only a number to reference that item. Just like your phone number, it means nothing, but everytime someone dials that number, it gets to you. -- * "gareman" ...

multiple look ups
A B C D E F G H 1 PO TRANS $ $ AMT $ AMT QTY QTY # TYPE AMT RECV VCHR RECV VCHR 2 4227 RECV 668 668 0 26 0 3 4227 RECV 2,415.80 2,415.80 0 94 0 4 4227 VCHR 722 722 0 26 5 TOTAL 3,084 722 120 26 2362.34 For column F and G, I need each QTY RECV to have a matching QTY VCH (***See note at bottom) whereby ultimately, the total RECV QTY equal the total VCHR QTY w...

collating information from multiple sources
Hi Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mucking around in excel, I've had a search but I don't really know what to call what I want to do, so finding the answer is tricky... Anyway. I have a dozen or so workbooks that are all of the same format, 1 work sheet with a basic list of test scenarios in each, with a unique reference for each row. What I'd like to do is pull information from all those workbooks into a separate workbook by the use of the unique reference. i.e If I type in the unique reference in the master workb...

Only one line in Money invoice
I have been using Money 2007 Home & Business to create and print invoices. This program has run with no problems for some time. However, just recently, it will only allow one item to print on the invoice. I can enter more than one item, and the invoice entry will show the additional items, but when printed only one item will show up. I have tried backing up my Money file to a spare disk, deleting the program and the associated mny and mbf files from the computer, reinstalling the program and reloading the backup. The same fault immediately occurs. Strangely, I have now installed the sam...

Column comparing
I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for this please? Many thanks DT Check your earlier post. Dave T wrote: > > I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and > delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for > this please? > > Many thanks > DT -- Dave Peterson ...

Hyper link one column to another
I would like to have my columns hyper link one another. For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa. Click on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V. Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell? This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours and N through V are the text comments for those hours. When I copy the template to a new sheet, there will be no data in any column. I would like to be able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then be able to click on that cell and hyperlin...

Multiple Item Forms
Hi. I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms. I want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called 'SurveyA'. The multiple item form should then only display the records in a table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number. As the ID number is changed a new group of records should be displayed in the form. I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box (i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item forms. Please help. On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:00:2...

Reference: many to one
I have a form in which users enter information...I keep all controls locked until the user hits a command button to unlock particular bound controls. This works really well, but becomes cumbersome to code when new controls are added; e.g., adding the new control to the several event procedures attached to the form. Can anyone tell me how to refer to a group of controls once, e.g., give them a name; and then only have to refer to that name in the future? alex Alex I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. It sounds like you are describing a form that is being regularly modified....

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

combining columns all the way down
I am trying to combine two columns of information in excel but th concatenate function doesnt seem to work for it. It may just be m ineptitude in excel but I just cant seem to figure this out. I have 3 colums Column A__________Column B___________Column C tree_______________ .jpg dog________________.gif House______________.png But I cant seem to be able to make it so that column C has tree.jpg an dog.gif and house.png Is concatenate the wrong thing to use here? or am I making my formula incorrectly -- sparkrom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sparkro...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

How do I combine two worksheets into one graph
I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? Make a chart with data from one sheet. Then copy the data on the other sheet, select the chart, and use Paste Special from the Edit menu to add the copied data as New Series. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ McPowerUser wrote: > I have two worksheets on an Excel spreadsheet. I would like to take both > worksheets and place in one graph. Any suggestions? ...

Look up column name, match rows (a/cnumber) & summing up....its confusing!
Hi All, Here is what I'v been trying to do but..! I'v 2 sets of data (data1 & data2) Column name may be sane/different in each data set and same applies to acct_no.. I want to prepare a report that combine product & accounts data show accumulatd result on another sheet/file. Data 1 - upto Jan 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B Prod-C 1001 51 10 30 11 1002 47 15 20 12 1003 80 20 15 45 1004 64 25 16 23 Total 242 70 81 91 Data 2 - Feb 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B 1002 7 5 2 1004 16 10 6 1009 9 3 6 Total 32 18 14 Report required Acct upto Jan'06 Prod - ...

find match then change cell value

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Newbie: In a CRichEditCtrl, FindText more than one occurrence?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004B_01C36B32.6412DB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have been looking at three books and making many C++ errors for two = day now for answers to my questions. If I can help it, I save this as my = last resort. Anyway, this is my last resort. I have two questions: 1) I have a CRichEditCtrl class. I can use the FindText function to find = the first occurrence of the substring but I don't know how to find the = second++. (Or the CString or the <st...