Validation #7

I want to restrict data entry to a cell to be only "Y" or "N".

Using Validation I can achieve this, Stopping any other numbers or letters,
but not apparently symbols.  "*" is still allowable.

Any ideas anyone?

PWS

0
pws (20)

Not if you use allow>list, in the list source box put Y,N
and uncheck in cell dropdown

--

For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Paul W Smith" <pws@twelve.me.uk> wrote in message
> I want to restrict data entry to a cell to be only "Y" or "N".
>
> Using Validation I can achieve this, Stopping any other numbers or
letters,
> but not apparently symbols.  "*" is still allowable.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> PWS

0
terre081 (3244)

Activation of windows 7
I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to make this activation understand that I have xp? Ulrich wrote: > I bought an upgrade version of windows 7 and installed it on a new > hard drive. Now, it doesnt accept the activation key because it > considers it a new installation. However, I have windows xp. How to > make this activation understand that I have xp? "Clean Install Windows 7 with Upgrade Media"...

Windows 7 Unable to Join Domain (win2008 server)
I'm having the same problem with a Windows 7 machine not being able to connect to the domain. All the Windows XP machines can join, it's only 2 Windows 7 machines. The ipconfig/all logs are as follows: ipconfig /all from Windows 7 Machines: Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PERRY3 Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Description . . . . . . ....

validation?
I'm creating a spreadsheet to work out how much travel costs i need t calculate for a certian number of trips per year. i have my main cell stating how many months a person works. this perso is only allowed a trip after every 4 months worked. so in this case, trips per year. i need to make a calculation that will multiply the number of trips pe year by the cost of a flight, which in this case is 2,500. however, the problem i am having , is that if the person works 6 month he is still only eligible for one flight. and my calculations, multipl the flight cost (2,500) by 1.5 (one and a...

!! We have Juvio: Computer Glitches? Rent your own tech. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
http://tinyurl.com/3rcs4 We have Juvio: Computer Glitches? Rent your own tech. The Juvio Single Service Plan is perfect for the user looking to get their computer related problems solved at anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.Computers are here to help make your life easier and more efficient. Wasting valuable time on a computer system that is down is very frustrating. If you�re in need of computer assistance, don�t waste any more time rummaging through manuals or waiting on hold for someone whose focus is to get you off the phone quickly. Call in the professionals from Juvio! http:/...

AUTO FILL #7
I need to create a list that runs from A through Z and then when that runs out starts AA and so on (just the letters that run along the top of the worksheet. I know I can type all these in via a custom list - but is there an easier way? otherwise will take ages. Try this adaptation of a previous post by Glenn Schwandt in ..worksheet.functions (Mar 2001) Put in any starting cell, say, B2: =UPPER(IF(ROWS($A$1:A1)>18278,CHAR(96+INT(MOD(ROWS($A$1:A1)-18279,456976)/17 576)+1),"")& IF(ROWS($A$1:A1)>702,CHAR(96+INT(MOD(ROWS($A$1:A1)-703,17576)/676)+1),"")&IF (...

XML schema validation with web services
I'm getting following errors in my schema validation . Error Message: The 'TimeSeries' element is not declared. An error occurred at , (1, 2). The 'http://alx.ml.com/mapsws:BoxColor' attribute is not declared. An error occurred at , (1, 163). It would be great if some one could tell me what Im doing wrong. ? It works fine , if I remove the targetnamespace and xmlns elements from schema file and also remove xlmns attribute from xml document. This TimeSeries object is passed as a parameter to my web service method(GetTimeSeries). And the raw soap msg is adding the namespac...

meaningless error ???! adding win 7 to mixed 2003/2008 domain
hello. i'm getting the error below when i attempt to add a windows 7 workstation that was in a workgroup called "WORKGROUP' to a domain that consists of one 2008 DC and two 2003 DCs. --------- "changing the primary Domain DNS name ofthis computer to "" failed. The name will remain "domainname.com. the error was the specified serer cannot perform the requested operation." --------- Strange thing is, even though i get this error, everything seems to work just fine. The primary dns suffix changes to the domain name and i can log onto the ...

GP 9 and Windows 7
We are an organization still running on Dynamics GP 9 and unfortunately most of the new desktops and laptops we are now buying come with Windows 7. What we're finding is that although we can install Dynamics GP 9 on a Windows 7 desktop any VBA that we had been using is not being recognized by GP. Is there a way to run GP 9 in a Windows 7 environment and use the critical VBA customizations that have been made? Thanks Jeff... Hi Jeff, If your VBA code is working perfectly from a previous operating system, exporting the package from the the old Operating System a...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 4231 [178/7]
begin 644 127r.TXT M4V5X=6%L;'D@871T<F%C="!W;VUE;B!E87-I;'D@86YD(&EN<W1A;G1L>2!W M:71H('!H97)O;6]N97,-"@T*4&AE<F]M;VYE<R!A<F4@=&AE($ME>2 @=&\@ M05144D%#5$E/3@T*#0I)="=S(&EN=FES:6)L92P@;V1O<FQE<W,L(&%N9"!U M;F1E=&5C=&%B;&4-"DET)W,@;65D:6-A;"!S8VEE;F-E<R!A;F0@;F%T=7)E M<R!S97AU86P-"G-E8W)E="!W96%P;VX@;V8@<&QE87-U<F4N(%1H:7,@:7,@ M82!P97)F96-T;'D-"FQE9V%L('-E>'5A;"!S=&EM=6QA;G0N+BX@8VQE=F5R M;'D@;6%S:V5D(&EN(&$-"FUA;B=S(&a...

Data Validation and Current Date ?
I am new to data validation in Excel and would like to seek your advice on the following items 1) For a particular column, I would like end users to enter 6 numeric digit. I have tried to choose Decimal with min 6 & max 6 but doesn't work. Then I use "Whole Number with min 6 & max 6" but also doesn't work. What validation criteria should I use ? 2) End users don't like to enter "Today's Date" by themselves. I try to use the formula "=Today()". However, I believe the date in that cell will change every we open the spreadsheet. Is...

Keeping Validation while inserting new columns
Anybody know how I can keep my data validation on a column if I insert another column before it? Thanks much-JL Hi the validation should stay. What happens exactly in your case and what kind of data validation have you used? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim Lee wrote: > Anybody know how I can keep my data validation on a column if I insert > another column before it? Thanks much-JL ...

List, Data Validation, unlocked cell, protected sheet.....
I have a unlocked cell, with Data Validation, List. With sheet protection activated I cannot "add" to the cell contents supplied from the List function. If sheet protection is off, this is possable. Is there a way to have this feature with sheet protection turned on (activated)? Hi Kane are you saying that in say cell A1 you have a drop down list created via data validation ... you're clicked on this cell and chosen format / cells / protection - and unchecked locked and then when you choose tools / protection / protect sheet you can't make a selection from the drop do...

SetupCopyOEMInf windows 7
Hi, I'm using the SetupCopyOEMInf API to pre-install a USB plug&play printer. My program work in XP and Vista , in Windows 7 when I plug the printer the sistem search the printerdriver using the Windows Update procedure , and only after skipped this phase, install the printerdriver using my pre-installaed signed files ( inf, dll, etc, ) . Why ? Thanks for your support. Steven Hi I am facing a similar problem using DevCon to force update of driver I currently have under development. Worked fine in XP but with Win7 the old driver is reinstalled. Have tracked it down to ...

Create two Data validation lists that are linked(Both change toget
Hi, I would like to create two or more validation lists of the same range of data. Currently, I have a number of graphs on different worksheets that can be updated by choosing from a drop down list (data validation list). Basically, that list is referenced in a lookup function which gathers information into a range that then updates the graphs. Right now, I have to click back and forth between many sheets in order to to change the drop down menu. It would be ideal that if each worksheet with a graph had the exact same drop down menu that when updated, updates each of the o...

Exch2k3
I removed an account and e-mail address from the domain. I need to reassign that e-mail address to another account. The user the address is now assigned to does not receive e-mails for that address. Instead the sender keeps receiving NDR reports. The e-mail address is spelled correctly. I did a test by assigning the e-mail address as a secondary on my account and the NDR still references the old mailbox. How do I get Exchange to look at AD and see that the e-mail address is now assigned to a different account? I've already tried purging the mailbox on the exchange server from S...

E-mail attachments #7
I recently had to reinstall Windows XP because of a virus. I then reinstalled Outlook 2002. Some attachments now will not open - I get a yellow square where the normal attachment icon should be. I know other people can open the same attachments, and this was not happening before. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

IE 7 and 8
Hi, I am running Win XP Pro SP3 and IE8. In the C:\Windows folder I have the following sub-folders: ie7 ie7updates ie8 ie8updates Can I safely delete the ie7 ones, or does ie8 still need them? Thanks and regards, Adam Adam wrote: > Hi, > I am running Win XP Pro SP3 and IE8. In the C:\Windows folder I > have the following sub-folders: > > ie7 > ie7updates > ie8 > ie8updates > > Can I safely delete the ie7 ones, or does ie8 still need them? Suggestion: Don't over-clean. - How much space are you hoping to gain? - How much free...

Migrating to VC 7.0
Hi All I want to migrate a large VC 6.0 MFC project which uses several components, is dependant on several dlls. Apart from changes required for CStrings, BOOL types etc can I expect it to be a smooth operation ? The project must run as before on 95/98/NT/2000/Me and XP machines. Thanks in advance. >I want to migrate a large VC 6.0 MFC project which uses several components, >is dependant on several dlls. Apart from changes required for CStrings, BOOL >types etc can I expect it to be a smooth operation ? It depends! Ideally you'll have no issues. In practice you may encounte...

FRx should be compatible with right-to-left languages #7
-- Wael Hassan ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cdfd1c36-455b-4d14-b103-69c7d3b482f3&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Validation Rules
Hello everybody, does anyone know if i can run two or more validations in the same cell or in the same sheet? For example i want to create in one cell a restriction that will no allow any number except 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 and at the same time for the numbers 3,6,9,12 i want to provide an information like "please complete forms 20,21,22,etc." I tried to put one validation in one cell for the restriction cell B1 and i set the second validation in the cell B2. i also set B2=B1 in order ot have the same number but the validation for B2 doesn't work properly Any advices...

add data valid thru date on report
The report I run comes from information that needs to be updated manually each week. Unfortunately, we don't always take the time to stay on top of this and we get behind. I want to add to the report a date that tells me the information is valid thru XXXX date. I could then manually supply the XXXX date depending on how current we are with our data entry. If I could get a text box to pop up when I open the report, that asks for the valid thru date, that would be perfect. I am stumped as to how to do this. Add a control to the report Set the control's source to [Accurate thr...

Microsoft Management reporter migration from Frx
I ran the Microsoft Management Report migration wizard. Several reports have an entry in the Row definitions for CBR as a format code and in the "Related Rows" and entry for 195 the row for our Net Sales. In the column definitions we have a formula of B/CBR%. CBR% is generates an error that % is an unexpected character and removing the % I get an error that CBR is not a valid cell reference. The help file seems to indicated that BASEROW should replace CBR but BASEROW is not a selectable option in the Row definitions as a format code. Any idea? ...

Win 7, IE 8, and Adobe Flash problem
My IE 8 locks up randomly when I try to change to a different tab or when I try to close IE 8. I've disabled the Adobe Flash add-on and the problems go away. I removed Adobe Flash using the control panel and then downloaded and reinstalled the add-on but the problem returns. What else do I need to check or try to correct this problem? I have a new install of Win 7 Professional with all the latest updates applied and the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. Thanks If you're having a problem with Flash, your best chance of resolution comes from Adobe Technical Sup...

Validating against a DTD
Hello All, I am trying to validate an xml file against a DTD. I went through a lot of examples especially: http://www.xmlforasp.net/codebank/util/srcview.aspx?path=../../codebank/System_Xml/XmlValidatingReader/Validator/validator.src&file=validator.cs&font=3 but its not working in my case. First of all, when i try to add my DTD file in XmlSchemaCollection object, it throws an error saying DocType element is expected. I am using NITF DTD for this and there is no DocType element in it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. VD You should not add DTDs to XmlSchemaCollection. XmlSchema...

Home for WINDOWS 7 Questions
Can't find a place to ask WINDOWS 7 Questions on this forum. Can some-one create a place please? Jay alt.os.windows-7 "jay garland" <jaygarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:543A6B94-849D-4A83-B19C-FD256D49C932@microsoft.com... > Can't find a place to ask WINDOWS 7 Questions on this forum. Can some-one > create a place please? > Jay If your question is related to 64-bit Windows 7 you may ask here. :) Carlos "jay garland" wrote: > Can't find a place to ask WINDOWS 7 Questions on this forum. Can some-...