Using value from 2 tables to fill a cell

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

I need to know the formula (without using VB) to have the Denta
Premium and Extended Health Premium taking from two charts/tables (
can put these on the same worksheet or different worksheet within th
same workbook, I have no preference)

For example below:

I enter the name (Test in example), Plan (AA in example), and statu
(Family in example). I would like a formula that would fill in th
Dental Premium and Extended Health Premium from the following tw
charts/tables.

Name	Test
Plan	AA
Status	Family
Dental Premium		$47.00
Extended Health Premium	$42.00

[Dental Coverage	                	Extended Health Coverage
Plan	Single	Family		Plan	Single	Family
AA	$20.00	$47.00		AA	$22.00	$42.00
BB	$21.00	$48.00		BB	$23.00	$43.00
CC	$22.00	$49.00		CC	$24.00	$44.00
DD	$23.00	$50.00		DD	$25.00	$45.00
E	$24.00	$51.00		E	$26.00	$46.0

--
pgruenin
pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2601

I mocked up your data with the headers "Dental Plan, Single, Family" in
cells A2:C2 and the associated data in A3:C7.  "Health Plan, Single,
Family" in cells E2:G2 and associated data in E3:G7.  I used row labels
"Name, Plan, Status, Dental Premium, Health Premium" in A10:A14.  The
formula for the dental premium in cell B13 is
=VLOOKUP(B11,$A$3:$C$7,MATCH(B12,$B$2:$C$2,0)+1,0)

The formula I used for the health premium in B14 is
=VLOOKUP(B11,$E$3:$G$7,MATCH(B12,$F$2:$G$2,0)+1,0)

0
CycleZen (674)
8/10/2005 7:00:22 PM
I'm not sure how Name/Test comes into play, but see if the followin
helps...

Assumptions:

A1:C7 contains your table for Dental Coverage (first two rows contai
your labels)

E1:G7 contains your table for Extended Health Coverage (first two row
contain your labels)

Formulas:

Dental Premium...

=INDEX(B3:C7,MATCH(B12,A3:A7,0),MATCH(B13,B2:C2,0))

Extended Health Premium...

=INDEX(F3:G7,MATCH(B12,E3:E7,0),MATCH(B13,F2:G2,0))

...where B12 contains the plan, such as AA, and B13 contains the famil
status, such as Family.

Hope this helps!

--
Domeni
Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1078

Thanks very much I'll try the suggestions

Peter

--
pgruening
pgruening's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26011

Support Debugging Tool #2
Is the Support Debugging tool available for GP9. I have a customer having a random issue with GP and a third party product. I had read somewhere that you can set this tool up to capture when something is not happening - a way to capture these random things. how easy is this tool? We do have a development team - so if i need that level of skill i have that available to me. Andrea, Support Debugging Tool is available for versions 8, 9, and 10. The issue you are describing is the perfect scenario where you would use SDT. SDT is relatively simple to use and even if you have the need for ...

More Columns #2

Linking files 2 ways

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Goal Seek #2

default values in a cell

using the journal on outlook

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Pivot Table Question #5

'top' is not a valid value for the 'vertical-align' property.
Well, it is, actually, and the resulting .chm file works properly in HTML Help. But it's a bit tedious getting that wrong useless error message from VS2002 on every build. (Well, not every build, it only does it sometimes actually.) Any idea how I can persuade it to stop telling me this? -- Tim Ward Brett Ward Limited - www.brettward.co.uk ...

Contacts in Exchange #2

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

form fields not saving to table