Using Time in formulas #2

Frank:

I don't want the user to enter them by hand.  I want to use a formul
to calculate the subsequent times.  They would have to load 9
different lines.

Staci

--
SPenne
SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=107

Using F4 for charts and sorting
Excel 2007 - I would love for some of the F4 features to return to charting and sorting. For example, if I change the y-axis measurement scale on a column chart I want to be able to hit F4 on the next chart to make the same change. If I custom sort a list, I want to hit F4 on the next list and have it sort the same way. Have these updates been made? Nope. I hope they make it into the next release (Office 14), but we won't see them in 2007. One of the main reasons I don't use 2007 for anything important is un-features like the lack of F4 capability make me much less efficient...

parsing a date and time field #2

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Day of week time control
Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and over. I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes me. The use is for a simple area based light control in my house. Hi Vernon Maybe =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch on","Switch off") -- Regards Roger Govier "vernon" <there@there> wrote in message news:%23gF0dmcrHHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Let's say I wanted ...

Browse for Drive/Dir/File using MFC
Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? Any help appreciated, Steve. Take a look at the SHBrowseForFolder() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Steve Carroll" <ctrl@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:#tR$bmdfDHA.696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible, in an MFC app, to use one of the standard dialog-based > classes/functions to browse for either a drive OR a directory OR a file? > > Any help appreciated...

Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????
Currently I am accessing my desktop computer's installation of Outlook through Remote Desktop, from my laptop. I can do this while on the same LAN or remotely, through the internet. This however is not really ideal, as I run my desktop at QXGA resolution and my laptop has only a XGA screen. This means that when I get back home, all the windows on my desktop are all messed up and really small. What I would really like to do is be able to access remotely, in either one of the ways you can do using Exchange Server. I have a separate server machine (running Windows Server 2003 Stand...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Indiana Time Zone
Indiana, which has always been on Eastern Standard Time, has changed to observe Daylight Savings Time. As we switch computers over, we have noticed that all day appointments now appear in two days during daylight savings time. Is there a patch to fix this issue or do have have to go in and manually change all the appointments. Thanks, Dennis Instruct all your users to change their timezone to the normal Eastern time, and change all your servers likewise. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "d3harvey" <d3harvey@discu...

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

Adding an item to a popup menu in outlook's inbox using VBA
Hello all, On rightclicking on the mailitems in the outlook's inbox we can see a popup menu.i want to add a menu item to that popup menu using outlook VBA. Please do help me in this regard. Thanking you regards, Revathy.v ...

Macro

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...