Using the mail merge function from excell

Is there a way of using the mail merge function in word to set up a three
column format of names and addresses.  I need to do this without using the
"label" format - as I need it in word domument format in order to be able to
add and make changes in word.  Thanks

Sheila

0
Sheila3743 (257)

You may want to look into storing your data in excel (already has nice columns
and rows) and using MSWord's builtin MailMerge to create the labels.

You may want to read some tips for mailmerge:

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge

The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave
Rado.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Its the punctuation line that stopping the mail
Hello, I have asked this question before with no response. I have approx. 1000 users on OWA, exchange server 2003, SP2. I had the problem prior to SP2. If most forms of punctuation is used in the subject line of an email, the recepient cannot access it using OWA. If downloading into a mail program, it works fine. Its the browser. We get the standard page cannot be found message. Any ideas? I've been making excuses for this for almost three years and its frustrating. Thank you, M. Green Since apparently nobody can help you with this, I suggest that you open a ticket with M...

print labels from excel with title and number
I'm trying to print labels for my tape collection. I need numper and title fields. All data is in Excel Ray, Use word to print the lables, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source see the blow links http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 &am...

Importing Windows Mail Contacts
Many of my Windows Mail Contacts have several email addresses. But only the first one makes it to Outlook when I use the Import function. Is there a way to get it to import the additional addreses? Moo http://www.slipstick.com/config/convaddr.htm - connected software's utility should do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: ...

Setting Color Schemes using VB
Hello, I am writing a macro to do some basic formatting of some documents, and I would like the macro to set the color scheme before it is done, and I cannot find what command or object governs this choice. I tried to get smart on Visio and record a macro while changing the color scheme, but the macro did not record any commands. So I am at a loss. Any help? Thanks. DNAphil ...

Normal.dot
I use outlook as my main e-mail programe, I also have 2 e-mail accounts and 3 different signatures. I use word 2003 to edit e-mail messages. This allows me to have a logo in the footer and switch between signatures easily! I also use a web based programme for work that opens word documents in RTF and this is where I have a problem. Because Outlook is using word I constantly get an error message when closing documents from the web based programme saying Normal.dot is in use. If I close outlook this does not happen. If I change outllook and don't use word to edit messages this does ...

Excel Linked Workbooks #2
How do I remove the link in a workbook created by someone else, but no longer needed? Hi see: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Barb wrote: > How do I remove the link in a workbook created by someone > else, but no longer needed? ...

using nested OR
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 *Follow-up to: microsoft.public.excel* in cell A1, i have text string ABCcompany. in cell B1, the formula: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("company",A1,1)+1)gives result: company i want to expand the formula to include "company" OR "firm" OR "corporation" OR "partnership" all nested in the 1 formula so that if any cells in column A contain any of the above words (not just "company") it will return the corresponding result. e.g. ABCfirm would return: firm ; ABCpartnership would return partnership, etc. tx!...

Memory & Resource leak while using Active X
Hai, I am using VC++ 6.0 and Nemega BoundChecker. I have added MS Flex Grid Active X control to a control. I got memory and resource leak while closing application. Any Solution please Thanks in Advance Thanks and Regards Gopalakrishnan.s It probably doesn't have anything to do with the grid control. Does your boundchecker give you any idea where the memory is allocated in your program, or just that there is a leak? Run it in debug mode in msdev, and see if it gives you a memory leak error on exit. Jase "Gopalakrishnan.S" <Gopalakrishnan.S@kshema.com> wrote in messa...

Email excel
Hi, I am using Ron de Bruins's Mail_ActiveSheet etc. I would like to sent 1 sheet in the body and 1 sheet as an attachment, however I can't find this combination on his site. My effort to try and combine.....enough said! Pse help -- HJN Hi Hennie Good morning, I will post a example for you after work -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Hennie Neuhoff" <HennieNeuhoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7B908DD-9D09-45D5-8501-A0232192B097@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am using Ron de Bruins's Mail_...

Sending HTML Email Programatically using Outlook 2002
The following code used to work fine in Outlook 2000, now with Outlook 2002 it doesn't. Now it leaves a BLANK body. Can anyone tell me why this no longer works? Also, we try the same thing with an RTF type file as the body (.body property), and it just puts junk in the body and does not interpret it as a RTF file. Thanks. Bob ***************************************************** oOutlook = CREATEOBJECT("outlook.application") oMail = oOutLook.CreateItem(0) WITH oMail oRecipient = .Recipients.Add("test@test.com") oRecipient.type = 1 .Subject = "THIS...

Re: Repeating formula in Excel
Gordon wrote: > Gord Dibben wrote: >> Enter 2005-001 in A1 >> >> Right-click on A1 and drag down column A to A550. > > Interesting. In Excel 2002, right-clicking brings up the context menu > and you CAN'T drag down the column. Ah. You have to right click on the CORNER of the cell, where the cursor changes to a "+" Hi Gordon, that little bulge is called the fill handle, read more about the fill handle and mouse control at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov....

Symantec Mail Security 4.6 for Exchange
Hi, I am using Symantec Mail security (SMS) 4.6 for Exchange 2003. I recently updated my verion of SMS from 4.0 to 4.6. Since I have updated, the users cannot send email to few specific domains. We are receiving the emails from them just fine, but we cannot send any. I have filters setup for incoming emails but nothign for outgoing... Does anybody know how I can resolve this issue? I would greatlly appreciate it if you can help me with this. Thanks, Emon. ...

Monitoring a directory? Importing excel files
Hi all, I have a function set up in Access to import data from excel files. To do this, I send the file name as an argument and run the code. This is easy enough when it's only a few files, but since I have over 100 I'm looking for a way to streamline this process. Is is possible to set something up to monitor a directory, and run the code when a new file is placed there? Or any other ideas? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any insight. Check what Randy Birch has at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/fileapi/watchedfolder.htm Obligatory warning: Randy's site is aimed at VB prog...

How to write X Bar in Microsoft Excel Sheet?
i have tried manier ways to do so, but was unablt to get the same. Do needful Visit Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#bar vikas surani wrote: > > i have tried manier ways to do so, but was unablt to get the same. > > Do needful -- Dave Peterson A couple of suggestions 1) do it in Word and copy to Excel http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm 2) insert \ object \ MS equation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7uN3RgpkzA This is the prettiest result I have found 3) Try to find a font with this symbol (Math Ext...

SOS! how do I write a customized function to do multiple-value lookup in Excel 2007?
I have two regions in exact same places of sheet 1 and sheet 2, I want to find all cells in the region in sheet 1, with cell content equal to 0, and then add the numbers at the corresponding locations in the region in sheet 2 up. For example, let's say in the region in sheet 1, there are multiple locations where the cell content = 0: A1, B3, C4, D2, etc... I would like to obtain sum(sheet2!A1, sheet2!B3, sheet2!C4, sheet2! D2), etc. How do I do that? I want to write a user customized function for that: The regions in sheet1 and sheet2 are fixed to be D7 to Z20. So the first step is to fi...

how to use excel to creat an oncall schedule #2
i wantb to creat oncall schedule for doctors in a hospital. each 2 doctors would be on call for 12 hours a day. it can look like calendar and it should calculae how many days each one was oncall up to date. Let's say we have twelve worksheets in a workbook, one for each month. In each worksheet there would be one column for each doctor, doctor's name in the top row. Rows 2 thru 32 could correspond to the days of the month. Enter a 1 if the doctor was on-call that day. At the bottom of each worksheet in row 35 enter formula like: =SUM(A2:A32) and copy across. -- Gary''...

Using names in a formula
Hi, I used Excel a lot some years ago and now need to use it again (Excel2000) and can't figure out how to do something that was really useful. The situation: 'Budget' worksheet has month names in the top row and account numbers in the left column. I have selected all cells and Created Names with TopRow and Left Column selected. 'Reports' worksheet has month names in the top row and account names in the left column, but not necessarily in the same relative position as in the Budget worksheet. A formula such as =May Bank_Charges (where May and Bank_Charges are names) ret...

Using a macro to make a list from Results
Hi, I have made a macro that runs another macro and copies the results to a new column thus creating a list. I want to make the macro run over a large number of cycles and create a large list without me having to type in the same command over and over. How can I do this? I have pasted the macro below: Sub Macro8() ' ' Macro8 Macro ' Macro recorded 2/06/2008 by deemo ' ' Application.Run "Iterate2" Range("B1").Select Selection.Copy Range("N8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("F1").Select Selection.Copy Range("O8").Select Act...

how do i find data from worksheets in excel
I have 3 work sheets that contain data re a rota patten. I have a list off 12 employees in 1 column and then 5 Columns with ranges from Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri. I am trying to find a function that will allow me to search for "V" or "H" and display the name of the employee that as "V" or "H" on this day? Can any one help me please J.Ainsworth Can more than one employeee have a V or H for the particular day? If the answer to that question is yes and you have the data on 3 sheets this will be VERY difficult. Putting all the data on one sheet ...

Windows Mail Problem 05-10-10
I have a couple of business email accounts that I have been using through windows mail to condense those accounts into one place. I have had no problems and have not changed anything. When I hit send/receive, I get an error message on one of the accounts. I have tried doing what the help tab suggested but no change. Any help you can offer? Pasting the error message below: Account: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Server: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR syntax error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error...

"sent" time stamp shown in the mail is "none"
Hello, Mails received on couple of days the "sent" time stamp shown in the mail is "none". All the mails received during this period has the same issue. Now the time stamp is showing correctly for the new mails. Still the mails received during this period are shown "none" only. Same problem observed on outlook & owa. Any idea of this behaviour. Many Thanks, Elan ...

discount 500 items using sql
Hi, I'd like to assign a discount scheme to all items in a particular category. There's a couple of thousand items so I will have to do this using SQL and altering the HQ database. I just want to check with you guys to see if there's anything I need to consider before doing this. I know that RMS may do a lot of things in the background that I may be unaware of so I don't want to screw things up. Here's what I plan on doing: write a query that finds all the items i need and updating the QuantityDiscountID to 10 (the number of the discount I want to change to). After this I...

sorting range changes sum??? (excel)
Hi, this is probably simple to fix, but after googleing for a while, I still haven't found it. I have a formula on a worksheet that includes a sum of a range of data on another worksheet. When I sort the column of data on the other worksheet, the sum changes on the other 'report' worksheet as the range now contains different data. How can I get excel to sum the specific cells in the original range (short of selecting each cell with the ctrl key) and maintain focus on those cells, even after a sort might disperse them all over the column? Thanks, Rob sorting range changes sum??...

will Excel open Works?
I lost my old computer and most of my work was done on Microsoft Works spreadsheets. Well my replacement system only has Office 2000 with Excel and I can't seem to open any of the old Works files. Is there a work around for this or am I just out of luck? You don't say what version of Works you were using, but if you open Excel, then select File, Open from the menu, in the Types of Files drop down list, there is an entry for Microsoft Works 2.0. See if you can open it that way. Judy Freed "Matt" <surpluss.nospam@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:v%oXc.2580...

how to get the names that defined in excel?
can i get the names defined in excel? -- marxi Maybe... Insert|Name|Paste Or... I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp marxi wrote: > > can i get the names defined in excel? > -- > marxi -- Dave Peterson using c#code to accomplish -- marxi "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Maybe... > Insert|Name|Paste > > Or... > > I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name > Manager: > > Yo...