using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel

how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel
spreadsheet?
this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is
imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert
a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel
0
teegeeepn (1)

Conditional Formatting Question #3
I don't know if this can even be done in Excel, and if it can, I don't have a clue on how to do it, so I am asking the experts. I have a rather extensive workbook that I use to configure Project Server settings. One page contains the security templates, which consists of columns of data with the words "Yes" or "No" entered in text. What I would like to do is have conditional formatting that would change the cell background color if Yes changes to No or vice versa, but otherwise, stay white. In other words, if the data in the cell changes, change the background c...

Excel worksheet moved all data from multipl cells into one
I recently saved a list from another software program into excel. The original format was csv or txt, i can remember. when i resaved the worksheet i saved it into excel format and no formatting changed. when i reopened the file all the data that was in my rows which has 12 columns of data in individual cells all are now packed into the first colum. i don't know what happened and how to seperate the data into individual cells again. Step 1 is make a backup copy of your file so you don't lose data while figuring out the best way to do this. You may be able to use (on the...

moving excel sheets
How did i move a row from one excel sheet to another, when it hits a certian date. So for example if one sheet two i had a colum that once it hit the date in one of the cells in that colum it would jump to sheet one. -- Joanna Sprague ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Joanna Sprague's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25742 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391534 You can do this sort of thing with a worksheet_change event macro. Does the whole column move or just the cell o...

Payroll Accrual #2
Hello all, Just wondering if anyone else out there has an issue with payroll accrual. Can't seem to find a tool in GP that handles it so what we did was develop our own however when we have a partial week for the end of the month as in 60% for instance then we get over 3 decimals and because there is more debits then credits it does not match for a total which we directly put into GP batch then won't post. There must be some fancy accounting tricks to make the credits and debits balance. I am not an accounting guru and our guru is gone for the rest of the month plus. TIA ...

550 [PERMFAIL] destination not valid within DNS #2
I am getting this message from only one sent e-mail address. I know it is good, because it is in reply to the person's original e-mail and I can send from Yahoo. Any ideas? John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am getting this message from only one sent e-mail > address. I know it is good, because it is in reply to the > person's original e-mail and I can send from Yahoo. Any > ideas? That's not an Outlook problem but a complaint from the receiving mail server that the domain of the address you specified can't be found in the DNS of ...

getting data from table using 2 values
from a standard spreadsheet, using a function(?) how can I return a value from a table using values for the headers and columns. For example, the table has ages across the top and events done the side. Simply I need to "lookup" both ages and events to return a value from the cross section of these values. Any assistance welcome!! Many thanks If the range is A1:G100, for example, and age is in H1 and event in H2: =INDEX(A1:G100,MATCH(H2,A1:A100,0),MATCH(H1,A1:G1,0)) HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "MS_user" <MSuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60189...

Excel
Dont no if this will help - but here's goes. I am doing an assignment at uni, which involves building a model o excel and then doing a report. What I am having difficulty with is that you have to convert currenc into dollars - which is the only problem I having. You had to import database with all the data on which I have done and then import conversion table from the msn website - which I have also done. What dont understand is that the book which we are using has the assignmen more or less in but isnt good on the idea I need. Its says you creat an IF statement to convert the curren...

How do I select records using a combo box (rather than the navigat
I have a simple table that stores addresses of people. It looks like this: ID Name Phone Number 1 Suzy 978-4658 2 Tom 876-1234 I want to use a form that allows a user to update the addresses of people. When I create a form using the wizard, I move between records using the navigator buttons. But I want to move between records using a combo box that lists all the names in the table. Why? Because if I had 100 names in the table I don't want the user to click through the navigator to find their record. I want them to ...

Automatic Backup Files
How do I create an automatic (daily) backup copy of a worksheet in another drive location? I also need to restrict access to the backup copy. Hi I would use a separate backup tool for this. I won't use Excel / VBA for this as Excel has to be running for this backup procedure. There're several free/shareware programs for doing backups periodically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MsD wrote: > How do I create an automatic (daily) backup copy of a > worksheet in another drive location? I also need to > restrict access to the backup copy. ...

Excel Formula help Referencing etc.
Hi Excel Formula Guru's. Here's a complicated one I'm thinking about. I haven't started it yet, more in the planning stages, although I'd like to get it done. I'm pretty self sufficient when it comes to excel, however this time I'm getting in over my head I think. Scenario: sheet 1 - basically a worksheet of formula, references and Data Sheet 2-4,5,6(not sure how many pages yet). basic Grid 12 columns 14 rows. Basically this is going to be used to track fantasy football draft boards and player rankings. Roughly, here's what I'm looking to do, over the ...

Anyone using CRM addons to model relationships?
Wonder if anyone has used tools like C360's relationship chart addon? Any others i should know of or any comments on the c360 one? thanks -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx We have used Axonom's Powertrak product that provides similar functionality, and very satisfied customers as a result. I cannot comment on the c360 product, we have not used it The products may not ne directly comparable, as I suspect Powertrak product does more than c360, hence more expensive Peter Lynch Optevia Ltd "John...

0x80004005 #2
When Outlook sends and receives I get the following error message code - 0x80004005. I have read that norton antivirus scripting may be culprit, but I uninstalled and got some message. I also read that mail notification may be the problem, but I get the same error message whether it is on or not. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Solved my own problem. Ran detect and repair from within Outlook and error message went away. "David" <DBishop@crammer-bishop.com> wrote in message news:e2AXMQNMGHA.2992@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > When Outlook sends and receives I get the...

excel invoise problem
Hi I am quite new to excel, and would like to use the invoice and the figures that are input, to go to a spreadsheet but I seem to be able to do it. Is it possible or am I on the wrong track and use a different program. Thanks in advance Sue Sue It's quite 'do-able' but depends on how complex you want to make it. It will almost certainly require some code but this could be simply recorded if necessary. You may wish to think about Access, which may be a better, more scaleable solution, but also needs a certain knowledge of that application to implement to. Post back ...

How to open PUBL. file after renaming. Unrecognized by PUBLISHER
After renaming my PUBLISHER file, I am unable to open it. Can someone help me recover it please. Thanks. Looking in my crystal ball I cannot see any clues as to what OS or version of OS or level of MS Publisher you are using nor what the original name of your file was and what you changed it to and for that matter why you changed it so I suppose we will just have to wait for your reply. John G. "capribah" <capribah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF334F60-1B2D-4BB7-B3DA-EC18ED566268@microsoft.com... > After renaming my PUBLISHER file, I am unable t...

Access to Excel
how do I only allow access to one user at a time in Excel Cap wrote: > how do I only allow access to one user at a time in Excel A bit more detail would be helpful - is this on a stand-alone machine, or on a network, and are you wanting to restrict access to the program or a workbook, or any combination of that? ...

Excel header/footer cell reference
In Excel is it possible to put a cell referenc in a header or footer? Paddy With the use of VBA, yes. Sub CellInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").text End With End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 21:08:03 -0800, "Paddy" <Paddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel is it possible to put a cell referenc in a header or footer? Via code? Yes. You can use the workbook_beforeprint event to modify the header. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Workshe...

How can I copy Word data into a merged cell in Excel?
I am trying to copy some text from a Word document into an Excel spreadsheet. I get an error message about "data not same shape" then I get an error message "cannot copy data into merged cell." I'm on Office 2002. Unmerge the cell and paste it into the upper leftmost of the cells that were merged, then merge again although I would strongly advice NOT using merged cells, sooner or later (sooner) they are bound to cause problems, it is pretty easy to get similar layout with center across selection etc Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Suzan Wild" wrote: > I ...

can you update a charts data range automatically in Excel?
In a spreadsheet with multiple charts, is it possible to update the data range and supporting calculations for the charts when you paste new data into the spreadsheet. Calvin If your question is, can you change the data to update the charts, Yes. If not please clarify the question Thanks Vyenktesh "Cal@tech-etch" wrote: > In a spreadsheet with multiple charts, is it possible to update the data > range and supporting calculations for the charts when you paste new data into > the spreadsheet. > > Calvin Calvin - You can set up the charts to use dynamic range...

[ANN] Office 2008 12.0.1 update
Hi All, The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx It should soon also be available through Auto-update. 114.1MB!!! The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=108496 The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a network through ARD :-) ). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://...

excel budget file locks
Does ayone have issues with the excel budget import wizard locking up the excel file after completion ? It is a nuissance for many of my clients and we have not resolved the issue. It seems to happen in terminal server sessions. -- Brian Connell Data Resolution Yes, we have the same issue. We have to initiate an Excel session from within GP (easiest way is to export something from SmartLists) and close the budget file to unlock it. This did not happen when we were running v7.5. It started after upgrading to v9.0. We run GP over Citrix. -- Elisabeth "Brian Connell" wrote...

Import from Excel to Windows live outlook
How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook No such animal as "Windows live Outlook". There is Microsoft Outlook, and you will find the option under File, Import and Export. And there is Windows Live Mail, and there you could probably look in Help or post your question to the Live Mail group. Either way, "Excel" isn't actually involved and isn't needed. Import from Excel wrote: > How to import contacts from an Excel Spreadsheet to Windows live Outlook If you mean Office Outlook............... See Ron's site ...

Round a number/ Access 2007
Hello, I am trying to round the results of a calculation without success. I would like the result of the following to round up to 2 decimal places. Dgst - dlinetot / 105 * 5 Dgst is defined as a number with 2 decimal places Dlinetot is defined as a number with 3 decimal places The result should be 4.67 but shows 4.66 I tried using the Round function (using the sytax from access help),as follows: round (dgst = dlinetot / 105 * 5 [,2]) or round (dgst=dlinetot/105 * 5, 2) and get an error msg "expected end of statement" I know I am doing something wrong .. ...

naming .xls file based on a cell in excel
when i hit save as, i would like excel to refer to a certain cell on m spreadsheet to name the spreadsheet file. is there a way to do this -- lsu-i-lik ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38210 lsu-i-like Wrote: > when i hit save as, i would like excel to refer to a certain cell on my > spreadsheet to name the spreadsheet file. is there a way to do this? Isu, With a macro, Something li...

How do I change the Font Default for Comment in Excel 2000?
I have Excel 2000 and the default font for comments is Tahoma, size 8, in Bold. I'd like to be able to change the default comment to Arial 10. Now I have to change each individual comment and it's getting to be a real pain. How do I change the default? Also, when I "Insert Comment", there is a ":" inside the comment and I have to delete it every time. Somehow the ":" is in a default somewhere and I can't find where it is so that I can delete it permanently. Please help!! Thanks, Karla "Karla" wrote > I have Excel 2000 and the defaul...

saving files problem
how come when i am in the process of saving files in any office programs when I browse for the folder to save it, my mouse picks up any title already in that folder when it is opening instead of keeping the title I had given originally. Then I have to restart all over again or rewrite the title by hand again. It picks any title the mouse pointer is hovering over and you don't know where the pointer would appear in the folder. I have search in the mouse settings and nothing stops it. Any clue would be really appreciated -- Thanks to all I am running laptop Dell D800 1 Gg...