Using =sum to add values of vlookup formula

Is it possible to add the values given by a vlookup formula?

Eg.

I've 2 colums - Month 1 & Month 2

The values for month 1 & Month 2 are taken using a vlookup formula - s
when u try & do an =sum to add month 1 & month 2, it give 0 as there i
no value in either column, just a formul

--
loscherlan
loscherland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=670

It should give the sum.

Are you sure that the lookups are not returning zero?

Another thing is press F9 to calculate maybe your calculation is set t
manual.

Maybe post your formulas as there could an error with them

--
dcronj
dcronje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=528

Hi
post the formula you have tried

"loscherland" wrote:

> Is it possible to add the values given by a vlookup formula?
>
> Eg.
>
> I've 2 colums - Month 1 & Month 2
>
> The values for month 1 & Month 2 are taken using a vlookup formula - so
> when u try & do an =sum to add month 1 & month 2, it give 0 as there is
> no value in either column, just a formula
>

> --
> loscherland
> loscherland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6709
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=272375

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Cannot log in using WindowsID (was able to before)
I just bought MS Money 2007 Deluxe yesterday. The install went smooth, without any issues. I registered a new WindowsID and was able to successfully log into MS Money. However, today when I tried to log into MS Money, the messge apeared that the "Money was not able to recognize your WindowsID" or something like it and that "You will still have access to some functions but will not be able to make online updates". Now I'm not able to make updates. Any idea what this could be? Is the authentication server for WindowsID down or something? See the post under Mon...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Notes or comments in formula bar
Hello, I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can someone tell me how to do that? I'm not talking about Insert-> Comment. Example: If I were to have A1+B1, there's a trick that will allow me to add a note within the formula bar such as "this formula adds apples and oranges." Thanks =A1+B1+N("Type Note Here") >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could >insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can >someone...

I've got a formula for stones and pounds
Hello, I've got a column that displays a series of weights in stones & pounds (both in the one cell). How do I get a chart to recognise and display in the same format? Regards, mikelenno What is the format of the cells with stone & pounds It is best to enter such values a 10 3/14 and format the cells with # ??/14 best wishes from one who is INT(275,14) stone & MOD(250,14) lbs -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "mikelenno" <mikelenno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD608FA-5367-4CED-AD76-1F54228EFDBA...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

Summing distinct rows in same cell
Sorry for the bad title I'm not sure hte best way to sum up this issue. Fruit Price Total Apples 0.69 40 Bananas 0.34 38 Lemons 0.55 15 Oranges 0.25 25 Apples 0.5 10 Pears 0.59 40 Almonds 2.8 10 Cashews 3.55 16 Peanuts 1.25 20 Walnuts 1.75 12 Apples 0.5 5 Given the data above I'm trying to sum the totals for only the Appl rows. So basically I need to search the Fruit column find the row that have "Apples" and then sum their corresponding Totals, giving m 55. I've been playing with this for hours with Lookups and Indexes bu am not really getting anywhere. Also, I can...

How to use structured reference (ListColumns) in VBA
I want to do something simple...loop through a range retrieving values one at time and taking action on that value. This range is an Excel 2007 table column. Easy enough...BUT I want to use structured references to a table column by NAME, not numbers. I don't want to define new names, just use the table column headings. I've found ways of doing it with quotes, but that's not structured....the names in quotes do not change if the table heading is changed by the user. The formulas change if the table column heading is changed, but I want it to change in VBA to...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

IF / SUM
I have a spreadsheet with 17 rows, each representing a project name. In the columns, I have 2 cells for each week: Est and Actual. At the end of each row, I would like a row total for Est and another for Actual. As there are 20+ weeks represented, I cannot select the cells that have the criteria I'm looking for without using a more complex formula than SUM. Any ideas? The spreadsheet looks like this: Project Name Apr 3-9 Apr 10-16 Apr 17-23 Total Est | Actual Est | Actual Est | Actual E | A Project A 20 | 22 40 | 37 25 | 26 85...

Conditional sum
Hi Can you help? I would like to sum a matrix according to a condition in a row and in different condition in a column. I know how to do this one dimensionally (either in the row or the column) using sumproduct, but what about two dimensions? Let me give an example, number of widgets produced each week by each type of machine A B C D 1 weeks>>1 2 3 2 Type 1 10 15 11 3 Type 2 20 5 10 4 Type 1 5 12 21 Etc So, I’d like the formula to be a...

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

How to obtain enumerated attribute declarations from a DTD using MSXML & VB?
I have a VB (VB6, not .NET) application that reads an XML file (using MSXML v3.2 parser); the XML file contains a reference to an external DTD. The DTD has numerous enumerated attribute declarations like so: <!ATTLIST MyElement MyAttribute (One | Two | Three) "One" > The VB code needs to generate dynamic pick-list for all the attributes that appear in the DTD as part of a data-entry application; each dynamically created pick list should contain all the allowable values for the attribute as defined by the DTD (and presented in some kind of multiple choice control like a comb...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Formula for ageing debt
I'm trying to do a spreadsheet so that when I put a debt amount in the first column, after 10 days it will automatically move to the next column and move on every 10 days till a 60 days column where it gets added to any amount already there. Can anyone clue me up to a formula to do this? Thanks -- Barnie Gumble Esq You will have to devise a way to associate the date of initial entr with the entry itself, then it is relatively simple to do - could yo have a lookup table on a separate sheet that returned entry dates fo all amounts, BUT the amounts would have to be unique, ie n duplica...

formula to get sheet name
hi, can a formula retreive a worksheet name or does it need to be macro based? thanks, N.S. Hi Nigel, This formula that takes care of the possible situation whereby you have only one sheet in the workbook and its name is the same as the workbook's. Note: CELL("filename") will only work if the file has been saved at least once and if the file is opened in a different language system, the argument "filename" will need to be changed manually to the corresponding word (e.g. in Spanish "nombrearchivo"): =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),SUBSTITUTE(MID(CE...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...