Using Pivot Table Function to Summarize

Hello,

We are trying to summarize a long list of products that is Out of Stock in
day-by-day format.  We are using the Pivot table function and hoping it will
only summarize the items that has the "qty" number on it.  So when we review
the list it will only display the Item #, Date & # of qty out of stock in
day-by-day format (screenshot below).

Item #	07/05/05	07/06/05
20040	1	(blank)
20041	(blank)	(blank)
20042	2	3
20050	(blank)	(blank)
20051	(blank)	2
20052	(blank)	(blank)
20053	2	(blank)
20054	5	(blank)

How can we remove the available items in stock "all (blank) rows" so it only
display the items that are Out of Stock & won't show (blank), (blank),
(blank) across the row?

Item #	07/05/05	07/06/05
20040	1	(blank)
20042	2	3
20051	(blank)	2
20053	2	(blank)
20054	5	(blank)

--
Thank you in advance,
David

Possible to have a "dynamic" pivot chart title?
Hi, I have made a pivot chart and one of the "report filter" is "country" and I can select "ALL" or "multiple countries". Question: Is it possiple - in the pivot chart - to have the CHART TITLE linked to REPORT FILTER? That is, if I choose "ALL" the report title would be "ALL" and if I select (Sweden, USA) it would read "Sweden, USA"? Kindly, Mikael Select the pivot chart On the Ribbon, click the Insert tab, and insert a text box. Click the border of the text box, to select it. Type an equal sign, and then click on ...

I'm using about twice as many bytes of memory as the size of the file
Hi! I received this text marked with * below as an answer on a mail for several days ago when I used method CompressFile_1 for compressing file that is located at the bottom. *This will only work with text files, and you may even lose some information after going through the StreamReader and then the StreamWriter in case the file has some characters that don't fit into the default encoding that you are using. And besides, you read the whole file into memory before writing the compressed file. In fact, since the string is stored as Unicode, you are using about twice as many by...

Saving graph when using =(RAND) #2
Aha, the goal of this is to see on the same chart, all of the different iterations from pressing F9. Ultimately, I'd like to see something like 500 different lines on the same chart. Is there a less manual way to accomplish this? :) -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271282 ...

Using variable defined as As Font
Hi, I wish to extract all the font properties (Name, Bold, Colour etc) of a cell (eventually I will be doing this on a character by character basis within the cell) into a vba variable that I can manipulate within a macro. I thought of defining the vba variable As Font, as it has all the necessary properties, and simply doing an assignment. The code below shows my first attempt: Option Explicit Sub Test() Dim Highlighting As Font MsgBox Cells(1, 1).Font.Name Highlighting.Font = Cells(1, 1).Font MsgBox Highlighting.Font.Name End Sub The first MsgBox tells me the font name correctly bu...

Problem in replying when using word as editor
Hello, I have a problem that when I use word as the editor and I reply to a message the original message is either erased or written in garbaged symbols. This doesn't happen all the time just in certain messages. I think it is when someone sedn me the me in unicode 8 and/or the fonts are of a certain type. Can you please help me solve the problem? ...

error in Pivot grand total
Hi I'm having trouble with the grand total in my pivot. It doesn't calculate right I have 4 numbers -3,101000000000000000000000000000 -7,663000000000000000000000000000 3,101000000000000000000000000000 7,663000000000000000000000000000 Added toghether these should become 0, and they do if i use the SUM function But my grand total in the pivot calculates it to a very smal decimal number. 0,000000000000000888178419700125 Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? "Magnus" <mamc@korsnas.se> wrote in message news:19b101c38d9d$8efdb780$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I...

how to use CMFCListCtrl
First off, I am new to programming for MFC, let alone Windows. I'm a Senior in college in CS, and have a decent grasp on programming concepts. So please bear with me if I make any crazy assumptions :) I am trying to make an application that essentially lists messages that get streamed into the system. So I am wanting the main view to be a CListCtrl, however I also want some of the added functionality of the new MFC feature pack's CMFCListCtrl, however I'm not sure how to use it and cannot find any tutorials or examples that use it. My app's main view is a CListView, ...

Left,Mid and right function
Hi there I have this field condition and need to used left mid and right function to split the values, can you help me please; Fld A GTTKN141&GTTKN142&GTTKN151&GTTKN152&GTTKN171&GTTKN172 I need to split all those "text" without &, this is my queries, as a start; Left([A],8) AS CGR0, for GTTKN141 Mid([A],10,8) AS CGR1, for GTTKN142 Mid([A],19,8) AS CGR2, for GTTKN151 but zero value. -tq -- Cheers Mohsin Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200707/1 Mohsin, The easiest option would be the Acces...

Using Time as axis, and displaying info on plots
Hi every one...i've been racking my brain out on this one. I'd like to come up with a way to display things better. Background: I am making a running worksheet that has events fo multiple days. each day has a varying number of events. In order t effectively display the data for my boss, the best way is to do it on 24 hour clock instead of the standard 12 hour clock. This allows us t see patterns occuring at certain times. The way I have it currently set up is converting times to angles an using the days as magnitudes. Basically doing a polar chart t cartesian conversion. This...

Using files from lotus 1-2-3
I am using Office 2003 with Microsoft XP Home Edition. I open files previously saved in Lotus 1-2-3 as *.XLS. I am able to edit and add data to the file, but when I print the file it has a dense, large, black overlay of the first characters in the file name, obliterating much of the data. This shows in the print preview and in the final printed copy. How do I eliminate this overlay? Hi Alpan, as far as I have learned during the past years the Lotus 1-2-3 converter to MS Excel is not quite good and has several issues. Have you ever tried to leave the Lotus1-2-3 file as it is and l...

Missing Graphing Functionality
In Office 2003, I used to be able to select the following when formating a data series in a graph: fill effects | shadows This would basically give me shadows on the left/rigt sides, etc. This does not appear to be available in Office 2007. Can I still make this selection? Yep. Select the chart. This brings up Chart Tools on the ribbon. Select the Format tab. Then Shape Styles, Shape Effects, Shadow. Everything you had and more, in Excel 2003 is there in Excel 2007 Tyro "dturpin1" <dturpin1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A3EE875-5C9A-4AA5-A4C5-7BB...

Amending records across 4 tables
I have a table (tblcompany) that contains company information. I have 3 other tables that include various data streams but also include a company name (txtcompany) which is linked to the company name in tblcompany. I want to create a form that deals with a situation where a company changes its name. I know that I can create an update query for each table to change the name in each record where it appears but I want to create a user process. What I had in mind was an unbound form that had a combo box based on tblcompany from which the user could select the current company name. Then ...

If Function #3
How Do I Insert A Function That Puts O.d In A Cell Below Another Cel Containing A Balance. I Want O.d To Appear When The Balance Shows Re For A Negative Number -- geoman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geomanc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1513 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26769 =IF(cellref<0,"O.d","") Where cellref is the Balance cell. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 12:57:35 -0500, geomanc <geomanc.1dtkdz@excelforum-nospam.co...

Using Sales for Outlook from home
Is it possible to use Sales for Outlook from home, i mean, not on a vpn to your office network? If i take my laptop , which has Sales for Outlook installed, since i m able to use Outlook, as long as i have internet access, can i also have access to my CRM? Responses are much appreciated. Yes, you can use it from home. It is possible to "Go Offline" with the Outlook SFO. After that you can work with the Outlook SFO without a online connection to the MS CRM server. When you are back in the office you can go "Online" and all your changes will synchronized. -- _____...

vba function
Hello , i've the following data Ann�e V1 V2 V3 National 1992 14805 100 1993 16521 2640 120 1994 17839 2142 117 1995 19878 1236 1207 136 1996 12456 1024 140 1997 14526 1563 1274 152 jI want to calculate an "'indice" with vba. example: to obtain these news values Ann�e V1 ...

how do you calculate "dividend yield using Excel?
Can you calculate "dividend yield using Excel? If so, how? There are a couple different approaches to dividend yields. The mos straight forward and simple is just dividing the annual dividend for company by the current stock price. This would be a simple divisio issue. It can also be calculated over some period by using th dividends over that period divided by either the beginning (typical) o average during that period and then annualizing. Don't think you nee any special function here, but if you are doing the second metho above, you can actually use the Yield function assumin...

Using OE with my Juno e-mail account
I use Juno e-mail but I noticed that I also have Outlook Express on my computer which I would prefer to use. Is there a way to send and receive e-mail using OE but keeping my Juno address and service? I have a standard dial-up connection. OS is Win98SE. If this is possible, I would need simple, step-by-step instructions for setting it up. Thank you, Relztrah Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You ca...

How do I eliminate non-used dates (weekends) from a chart?
My data uses only week day dates. The chart that results from it is adding weekend dates even though they don't appear in the range for the X axis. It leaves gaps in the chart as a result. Nanoking, One option is to reference your X-axis series with a formula that converts the date to text but still leaves the "text" date looking like a date. For example, assuming the data below starts in cell A1, convert column A to text by using this formula: =TEXT(A2,"mm/dd/yy") col A col B col C Orig. Date Text Date Data 01/01/04 01/01/04 5 01/02/04 01/...

XslTransform.Transform fails when xsl contains node-set() Function
My transform in cludes a variable that holds a node set from the node-set() extension function. It the transformation works fine when using MSXML2 or msxsl.exe but not in VB.Net. My code looks something like this: Dim XP as New XPathDocument(XMLFileName) Dim XSLT as New XslTransform XSLT.Load(XSLTFileName) Dim Out as New MemoryStream XSLT.Transform(XP.CreateNavigaotr, Nothing, Out, Nothing) <-- Fails on this line Out.Position = 0 Dim XML as New XmlDocument XML.LoadXml(New StreamReader(Out).ReadToEnd) The exception says: System.Xml.Xsl.XsltException: Function 'msxsl:node-set()' ...

Pivot table truncating values
I have a problem when creating pivot tables based on large amounts of data (for example 28MB). The pivot table truncates certain fields that appear as numeric, but are text, such as an account number. Does anyone have any ideas, or had this happen to them? ...

Trying To Put IFs into a Function
Ihave one thing I do in a formula that I don't know or haven't figured out how to make it work in a function. The formula looks like this: IF(AND(299<Week1!$H3,Week1!$H3<350),4,0))+ (IF(AND(349<Week1!$H3,Week1!$H3<400),6,0))+ (IF(AND(399<Week1!$H3,Week1!$H3<450),8,0))+ (IF(AND(449<Week1!$H3,Week1!$H3<500),10,0))+ (IF(Week1!$H3>499,12,0) Simply put, it looks at the value in Worksheet named Week1 - cell H3 (could be H4, H5, H6 depending, also could be Week2 - 17) ) and if that number falls within the listed values, it awards points. Any h...

Pivot Chart
I have a 900,000 record database in Access and I use EXCEL pivot chart to query the database. It works wonderfully, except when I add additional fields to the database and I need to add these fields in the pivot chart, I have to start all over again. Isn't there a quick way to add a field to the pivot chart query ? Appreciate reply to SoonLeng_Lim@myrealbox.com Hi lsl, Go to the pivot table wizard, hit the back button a couple of times, click the get Data button. You are now in Microsoft Query. Just drag the fields you need to the results pane... -- Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.n...

Selecting multiple filters in a pivot table
When I use filters on pivot tables that others create, I can select multiple values on which to filter. There is a little white box next to each item that I can select by putting a check mark in it. However, when I create a pivot table, I can only select one item from the filter at a time. How do you set up the pivot table so you can select multiple items? Thanks. -- Anne If a field is in the Page area, it doesn't have check boxes. Could that be the problem? To select multiple items from a page field, you can temporarily move the field to the row area, select the items, then m...

Getting output from the TREND function using VBA
The TREND function has the syntax TREND(known_y's,known_x's,new_x's,const). In order to output the array of estimated y values on a spreadsheet, the Excel Help entry specifies that a range must be selected beginning with the cell in which the TREND function is entered and extending downward so that the number of cells in the range is equal to the number of estimated y values. The user is then instructed to press F2, and then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, causing the estimated y values to populate the selected range. That method works fine for outputting the estimated y v...

To allow a different unit of measure when using SOP/POP Commitment
Would like the ability to use a different unit of measure for Inventoried Items when using SOP/POP Commitments. For example, if I have an Item on a Purchase Order where I am ordering 2 Cases (1 Case equals 10 Each), I would like to link the Item on the Sales Order document where all quantities of 10 Each are back ordered to the Purchase Order Item. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...