Using 'Option Buttons'

I'm trying to make a table that has 4 rows of 3 option buttons within it.
The tricky part is that I want each row of option buttons to act
independently of the other rows.

I can't seem to be able to find a way to do this, because no matter what
cell I link any of the buttons to they all just follow suit, so i end up with
12 buttons linked to one cell every time.

I'm using MS Excel 2003 if that makes a difference.  Thanks in advance for
any help anyone can provide.
0
Julian325 (40)

If you're using option buttons from the Forms toolbar put a group box around
the ones your want to operate together.  You can make the group boxes hidden
and this will still work.  The option buttons must be entirely inside the
group box.

If you're using option buttons from the Control Toolbox just give the ones
in sync the same Groupname (in their Properties).

--
Jim
"Julian" <Julian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm trying to make a table that has 4 rows of 3 option buttons within it.
| The tricky part is that I want each row of option buttons to act
| independently of the other rows.
|
| I can't seem to be able to find a way to do this, because no matter what
| cell I link any of the buttons to they all just follow suit, so i end up
with
| 12 buttons linked to one cell every time.
|
| I'm using MS Excel 2003 if that makes a difference.  Thanks in advance for
| any help anyone can provide.

0
jrrech (1932)
8/17/2005 5:05:17 PM
How would I go about hiding these group boxes?

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> If you're using option buttons from the Forms toolbar put a group box around
> the ones your want to operate together.  You can make the group boxes hidden
> and this will still work.  The option buttons must be entirely inside the
> group box.
>
> If you're using option buttons from the Control Toolbox just give the ones
> in sync the same Groupname (in their Properties).
>
> --
> Jim
> "Julian" <Julian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | I'm trying to make a table that has 4 rows of 3 option buttons within it.
> | The tricky part is that I want each row of option buttons to act
> | independently of the other rows.
> |
> | I can't seem to be able to find a way to do this, because no matter what
> | cell I link any of the buttons to they all just follow suit, so i end up
> with
> | 12 buttons linked to one cell every time.
> |
> | I'm using MS Excel 2003 if that makes a difference.  Thanks in advance for
> | any help anyone can provide.

0
Julian325 (40)
8/17/2005 5:47:03 PM
They is no way through the UI to do this so you must use a macro.  This
hides all of them on the active worksheet:

Sub HideGBs()
  Activesheet.Groupboxes.Visible = False
End Sub

--
| How would I go about hiding these group boxes?
|
| "Jim Rech" wrote:
|
| > If you're using option buttons from the Forms toolbar put a group box
around
| > the ones your want to operate together.  You can make the group boxes
hidden
| > and this will still work.  The option buttons must be entirely inside
the
| > group box.
| >
| > If you're using option buttons from the Control Toolbox just give the
ones
| > in sync the same Groupname (in their Properties).
| >
| > --
| > Jim
| > "Julian" <Julian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | I'm trying to make a table that has 4 rows of 3 option buttons within
it.
| > | The tricky part is that I want each row of option buttons to act
| > | independently of the other rows.
| > |
| > | I can't seem to be able to find a way to do this, because no matter
what
| > | cell I link any of the buttons to they all just follow suit, so i end
up
| > with
| > | 12 buttons linked to one cell every time.
| > |
| > | I'm using MS Excel 2003 if that makes a difference.  Thanks in advance
for
| > | any help anyone can provide.

0
jrrech (1932)

Using Webservice from VC++
Hi Everyone, I have a Visual C++ MFC program, and I am trying to use a webservice written in C#. When I add the webservice to my project using Add Web Reference the sproxy compiler complains about one of the object wanting to extend MarshalByRefObject object, and I get an error SDL1030. I can use the webservice in a C# project just fine but not the C++. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks AliR. I also posted this message in microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservice but I am not sure if that was the correct newsgroup. There are way too many dotnet newsgroups out there. Hi Ali, ...

Where is the "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP"?
Where is the "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP"? I'm trying to set up my Outlook client to use RPC over HTTP. The steps are: Create a profile Add a new email account, click next Click on Microsoft Exchange Server, click next Type the FQDN of the Exchange server, clear the Use Cached Exchange Mode checkbox Type the User Name, click on more settings (click cancel when it tries to resolve the name) In the Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box, click the Connections tab In this dialog box, I'm supposed to see a "Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP" o...

Button on sheet: ? VB code to add date in active cell
I placed a button on the sheet and would like to know the VB code to add the present date in the active cell. I did a group search, but not not find anything. Bart Excel 2003 Sub NOWDATE() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 9 Dec 2006 19:22:34 -0800, "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote: >I placed a button on the sheet and would like to know the VB code to >add the present date in the active cell. I did a group search, but not >not find anything. > >Bart >Excel 2003 It works, however, ...

Urgent
I am planning to turn on journaling very soon and wanted to test out our 3rd party software by simulating journaling by just enabling my mailbox to send to a forwarding address and deliver mail to both my mailbox and the forwarding mailbox. The forwarding mailbox in this case is what will be our journal mailbox. Everything works fine when an internal user sends me an email. It is delivered to both my mailbox and the journal mailbox. When an external user sends me an email it is only delivered to my mailbox, then the sender receives a deferred delivery message saying to cannot send...

Can offset be used in this formula?

reply button disappears
I have a customer who is a new 2003 domain install with Exchange 2003. We created a standard profile for their roaming profiles, copied into everyone's profile folder then customized the necessary items. Now, and for some time, when they open Outlook 2003, and open an email, the reply button among others is missing. You can reset the toolbar and it will show up, but eventually disappear again. You can recreate the Outlook profile, the button will still disappear. You can completely delete their roaming profile and start from a new profile, not a copied one, and the reply button will di...

using cdo on exchange 2000
I already post this question 1 month ago, but did not fix the problem. Who can help me?? We have the following problem. We installed Windows 2000 with Active directory on the same server is Exchange Server and IIS installed. Now I want to make use of CDO but this will not work. On other system it works perfect, but there is not Exchanger server installed. Who recognize this problem and has solved it? Greetings, Jan Hi Jan, Are you getting specific errors? http://msdn.microsoft.com is a good resource to use also. Hopefully these links will help also. Upgrading to Microsoft Exchange 20...

adding an option to Task
how can I add a "duration" (time period) selection to tasks so that I could choose "start date" then "duration" I greatly appreciate your help km, This would need to be a calendar item to specify an end time or "duration". If this task is repeated, your calendar item could be a reocurring appointment that is editable for start and end times etc... Chris Schatte use the Office Online web based newsreader here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx In Office System 2003 applications: Help/Assistance Pane/open Communities "...

Should I use Publisher or Word for creating my first website?
Hello, I am creating a website for the first time. It is for a graduate course, and will not actually be "uploaded" to the world wide web. Do any of you have any advice as to which software I should use? I have the choice of either Publisher 2003 or Word .. I am looking for ease of use, but also want the site to look decent, as I will be graded on it. Thanks for any help! ps I noticed that there is no longer a wizard for creating web pages in word .. is there one for Publisher 2003? Like I said in the other newsgroup - NEITHER. Use a real web design program. (And please don...

Calendar Days and Option Buttons
I am wondering if this possible, i hope it is. What i am trying to do is put a schedule together for labor for scheduling a project. So far i have a start date and finish date. Now i would like to be able to select what days they working. For example if the project says they have to work saturday or sunday or both days, i would select thoughs options and the days will automatically add thoughs days, but if i deselected thoughs days, the dates will automatically skip saturday and sunday. This isnt just for thoughs days, i want it also work for other days that i can select and deselect....

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Debit Cards and NOT using Citibank
We are in the process of trying to take debit cards and use ICVerify and First Data as our credit card processor. It wasn't until I did a test last night from RMS and researched the message I received that RMS only supports debit cards if you are using the built-in Citibank credit card processing. Is there anyway around this? If not, is RMS going to remove this restriction at some point? -- John M. You should be able to process debit cards by opening ICVerify and processing them directly. You would need to set up your debit card tender type in RMS as "Other". This isn...

How to add command bar button when DB opens in Access 2007 runtime
Have searched around but not found an explicit code example of how to do this in code in Access 2007 ... I have very simple Access app that I package and distribute using Access 2007 runtime. I need to display the command bar button for "Filter By Selection" when a form opens. Is this possible with runtime? If so, could someone provide a code snippet I could use to display the button? Have not had much success using VB Help or MSDN. -- Thanks, FlyGuy OK, I now have this figured out. This helped a lot ... http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb1...

Spinner Button
I'd like to creat a basic spinner button that returns a value betteen 0 and $3M. When I right click on the spinner button after adding it to the worksheet and select format control, I don't see a tab for "control" Please assist in how to add/create this basic spinner button. Thanks There's a spinner on the Forms toolbar and a spinner on the control toolbox toolbar. The forms toolbar version has that tab under the rightclick. You can rightclick on the spinner from the control toolbox toolbar and choose properties to get to lots of, er, properties. KenSBrantford ...

Hiding Folders not being used regularly
How to hide folders that are not used daily. I work in an office where we have access to a number of folders, but I would like to hide the ones that I don't use regularly. Any suggestions? Use the Outlook Bar (for Outlook 2002 and previous) or the Shortcuts Navigation (Outlook 2003) to build your own Folder List structure with the folders you need. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Serv...

Character that can be used for DeviceDesc
A commercial at (@) is used in our product name. I want to use the name for DeviceDesc of INF Sections without change. I could not find a rule whether we may use '@' character or not. Is '@' character allowed to use for DeviceDesc of INF Sections? Thanks Taka Taka <Taka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >A commercial at (@) is used in our product name. >I want to use the name for DeviceDesc of INF Sections without change. >I could not find a rule whether we may use '@' character or not. > >Is '@' character allowed to us...

Using VLOOKUP to display required information
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C6D81E.1375E5F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey all, I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that references an existing Excel = file that contains data in the following format: Supervisor Name Email Phone # Bob Joe a@b.com 555-555-1234 Bob Joy b@c.com 555-555-2345 Bob John c@d.com 555-555-3456 Colin Ricky d@e.com 555-555-4567 Colin Roy e@f.com 555-555-5678 Jerry ...

Using position() in XmlDataQuery
In Excel 2003 Professional, is it possible to do the following using XmlDataQuery - ie: use the "position()" function in the XPath: CType(ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1), Excel.Worksheet).XmlDataQuery("/Doc/LineItem[position()=1]/Field") Where the XML in the map is: <Doc> <Stuff/> <MoreStuff/> <LineItem> <Field>FirstField</Field> </LineItem> <LineItem> <Field>SecondField</Field> </LineItem> </Doc> And have it return the cell for the "SecondField "? The XmlDataQuery...

HQ Client Command-Line Options
We currently have 14 locations plus HQ, soon to be more on the order of 20+ and our HQ. The trouble we're having is that our closing employees aren't all that tech-savvy and don't understand that they need to leave their HQClient open all night so it'll process worksheets we have set to run after-hours. Is there any way to use a command-line option to have HQClient connect to HQ on startup, if so I'll be making a script for windows scheduled event to run on the primary machines at the store level and starting HQClient (possibly after killing an existing session if ...

Error message when trying to use my access add-in with VS2008
I created a Access 2007 add-in with VS2008 C# and I'm trying to debug my access form that sends text to a textbox to be displayed after I click on a button. I can step into 'FillTextButton_Click()' in my C# app that gets called when I click on the access form button. So I have my button and textbox connected to Access2007 with the Access onLoad() event. Everything seems to be connected ok. But as soon as I finish running through the 'FillTextButton_Click()' I get a error message saying "The expression On Click u=you entered as the event property se...

Module won't respond to button click #2
Hello, I'm writing a small simulator that continuously runs a loop walking out in time, the loop is in a module unassociated with a sheet. I'd like it to respond to button clicks on the display sheet to start and stop. The only way I can seem to accoplish this is to put the following within the main simulation loop 'grab any events happening outside the code on the FLOWSHEET worksheet ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("FLOWSHEET").Activate DoEvents ...

Populate Excel form using Access
I have a form created in Excel that must be filled out with 200 different sets of information to create 200 different forms. Is it possible to do this using an access database I create? I would like it to product the 200 forms all at once so I do not have to print them individually. "BML" <BML@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A41E066-89D0-413E-B9C9-A4845AD80A86@microsoft.com... >I have a form created in Excel that must be filled out with 200 >different > sets of information to create 200 different forms. Is it possible to > do this ...

GPIO read/write on intel using DDK example : Genport
Hi All, I would like to control one of the 14 GPIO provided on the Poulsbo UW15w. and I would like to use the driver (Genport) provided in DDK. Do you know if this would work to set and clear GPIO. How do I get the Address of the Port i want to set. (gpdwrite . ...) is it set in the .inf Thanks regards Norrih On Feb 16, 12:41=A0am, Norrih <Nor...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I would like to control one of the 14 GPIO provided on the Poulsbo UW15w. > and I would like to use the driver (Genport) provided in DDK. > > Do you...

"Customize Outlook Today" button does not work.
My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help? Thanks, -Ricardo See the foolowing KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ricardo" <Ricardo993@comcast.net> wrote in message news:108ff01c4400a$54553f20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My "Customize Outlook Today" button does not work or do > anything. I am using Outlook 2000. Can anyone help?...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...