using MS Query with iSeries ODBC and special caracter

I need help.
I found problems using MS Query with iSeries ODBC driver
when there are table o library named with special
caracters ("$" or "_")
0
anonymous (74722)

Query Help
Ok, I am trying to write a query that basically calculates the same data as the HQ Report labeled "Detailed Sales Report". The only number I want is the final total sales run between two dates. This information is going on a custom report I am creating for my CFO. The query I have so far is this: SELECT sum(transactionentry.price) AS price FROM TransactionEntry INNER JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumber AND TransactionEntry.StoreID = [Transaction].StoreID INNER JOIN Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON [Transaction].BatchNu...

Pedigree query too complex
I am want to build a 4 or 5 generation pedigee with access. I used the www.allenbrowne.com method (used dog's instead of horses) I am getting a Query Too Complex message box. If I use 3 generations it's ok but is there a way I can build 5 or more pedigree generation I get the message. Any ideas? Thanks You may have a problem of matching parenthesis. You cannot have more than 32 tables, neither more than 50 levels of nesting (Access 2003). Vanderghast, Access MVP "HLarkin" <HLarkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E6E3AE5-08E9-4852-96...

WPF using Usercontrol in Listbox
I sent a previous post about binding to a usercontrol in a listbox / listview. I had assumed that I could use a usercontrol in the itemtemplate of a listbox but NO No NO (apologies to Amy Winehouse). When I attempt to use the usercontrol I get a compile error: Error 10 The tag 'RFolder' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:Media_Player;assembly=MediaPlayer'. Line '1' Position '143'. C:\Visual Studio Projects\Media Player\Media Player\Windows\ArtistBrowswer.xaml 42 17 Media Player Now intellisence guides to add the control and if I...

Using Arrays With IF functions
Hi all, I am running into a problem. I am trying to sum values in a table using arrays and I get the VALUE error. My formula is something like this. {=SUM((A1:A10=A15)*(B1:B10=B15)*(C1:C10))} The values in A1:A10 and B1:B10 are manually inputted. The C1:C10 are calculated using an IF functions and has some greater than, less than equations within. My goal is to get the A and B columns to equal TRUE and then multiply the C column and the Sum them all together. I think my problem is the C column but not sure. Can this error be cause by the IF function? I even tried making a new table, linki...

Exporting mailing list to MS Word using Mail Merge
I am having trouble using the Mail Merge fuction on MS Word 2003. I cannot import list from saved .xls file in Excell 2003. I have full customer information fileds including name, address, and city/state fields but cannot import these fields to Word to create mailing labels.Need help! Thank You Each entry in the excel file needs to be on one row. Example: A2 = lastname1, B2 = firstname1, C2 = Address1, D2 = state1 ... A3 = lastname 2, B3 = firstname2 etc etc Make sure there is no other information on that sheet (except possibly column headers) Then in Word, using the mail me...

Using Form to update table
Hi I am a little lost. I have a form which has a subform. In the header of the form there is a combo box to selete numbers and a text box to enter a date (not current date) On the subform I have 2 text boxes which onces the 2nd textbox is populated another set is to come underneath ready for completion (continues form). On the main forms footer I have an update button which is to perform a task. What I am lost with is how can I get the subform to work as a continues form so once the 2nd text box is completed another set is ready for entering. and How do I then click on the button to fi...

Define a specific Printer using VBA (Access 2000)
Hello, I am using Access 2000. (No way to change Access version for now) I know that In Access XP can be done this request. I Would like to print to a specific Printer when I open a report in NormalView without changing the default printer (I know how to reset default Printer using VBA. There is an option in PageSetup of every report "Print to a specific printer" but I would like this option to be set for every report by VBA. I thank you in Advance Kon. ...

Two Questions Regarding Bills
In Money 2006, if you have a recurring deposit every two weeks set in the "Bills Summary" it would show both occurrences for the month. I have currently have Bill Settings set to 45 days and I can still only displays one occurrence of the deposit at a time. How can I fix this to properly show both deposits? Secondly, is there any way to print the "View bills and deposits on the calendar" view? I would like a hard copy of each month's calendar of bills and deposits. Thanks for any help!! ...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Using Access 2003 Run-Time Version
I am trying to use the Access 2003 run-time and almost everything seems to be working just fine. I have noticed however that I seemed to have lost the ability to right click on a report and bring up the options of print/email.... When I right click using the run-time versionm nothing displays (as if the right button is disabled). When I right click using the regular mdb (full access 2003) all the options appear and I am able to print/email/etc at this time. My main question is is there any way to get the right click options back in a run-time version. Thanks That's correct: the run...

Select/Append Query Malfunction
I have an append query that takes a parameter and two combo box selections from frmEmpSetHours. One of the combo box selections is Shift (1, 2, or 3). The resultant dynaset is appended to tblEmployeeProduction. Shift 1 and 2 have Shift.ShiftHours of "8". Shift 3 has Shift.ShiftHours of "7.5". The problem is that the dynaset returned/appended after inputting selections for 3rd shift return a Shift.ShiftHours value of 8 instead of 7.5. I have tried building the sql from scratch one line at a time and have been successful returning the appropriate Shift.ShiftHours until I ...

VBA using an array
I have an array Array(100) and I want to set Array() = 10 for 1-100 Is there another way to set = 10 rather then using For i = 1 to 100 Array(i) = 10 Next I Thanks for your help Not really. But why worry? Even if that loop went to 100000 it'd be a fraction of a second! "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473989B9-140D-4E1C-B914-76FFA2B6BFC5@microsoft.com... > I have an array Array(100) > > and I want to set Array() = 10 for 1-100 > > Is there another way to set = 10 > > rather then using > > For i = 1 to 100 > A...

Excel Query
HI, I have a doubt in excel pivot tables. I have "Year" dimension in Page Area. Month and Week date dimension in Row area. There are some old data is displaying in week date. I dont want to change the pivot table design for this as data is huge. Want to know if a macro can help in this matter. Like If i select YEar dimension in the page area as "2004" the weekdate should only have data of 2004. Example : Below is the current setup YEAR 2004 MONTH WEEKDATE AMT JUNE 01/06/2003 0 06/06/2004 56 11/06/2003 0 11/06/2004 78 JULY 01/07/2003 0 06/07/2004 34 11/0...

Query Builder Error 04-16-04
When adding a new lead and trying to save it I got this message : Query Builder Error No Atribute. I don't know if this has something to do with the new customisation that I did ( added few new fields and published them) or could it be a mapping issue ? Any help would be appreciatedn . I would republish all your objects and do an iisreset as a starting point jus to make sure everything is up to date "Yara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ab7601c423bf$7e0a81c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When adding a new lead and trying to save it I got thi...

Custom Category In MS Money Essentials
I just bought essentials after giving up on Quicken. I need to create custom categories. For example, I used to have a category with my girlfriend's name. This was to track all the dough I give her. I also had category of Liquor, to track how much friggin' money I spend on wine and scotch. Any idea how to create custom category names in MS Money Essentials -- or do I have to upgrade. Much appreciation for assistance. I don't know about Money Essentials, but in Money read the help file about "categories". I presume this will work in Money Essentials also. Po...

using two different outgoing servers
is it posible to set up one idenity to send mail by two smtp servers I use diferent isp at work & at home & wish to be able to send mail from both sites currently I have to either switch identies or change to outgoing server details "test" <test@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:433b4f0f$0$22741$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > is it posible to set up one idenity to send mail by two smtp servers > > I use diferent isp at work & at home & wish to be able to send mail from > both sites currently I have to either switch identies or change to &...

You can use Google Maps with an Acess DB
How to open a Google Maps showing a location from your database. Not sure if anyone is interested but it was asked a couple of days ago and I didn’t know a good answer - just in case you have looked at my 1st attempt :-) so I looked into it and came up with this. There will be other methods – so this is just one. To open Google Maps with the pointer placed on any location in your database. Notes: I assume you have a field called PostCode – if not then change the OnClick. The field must contain a real postcode (the link will fail if the postcode does not exist) This will work for anywh...

Moving MS money 2007 deluxe to another computer
I am trying to move my MS money 2007 from my desktop to my laptop which is more convenient. I tried a suggestion I saw posted which was downloading 2007 trial version and then using my backup money file. The conversion worked. However, I am still listed as having a trial version. I hvae upgraded several times with the online downloaded version. The versions are somewhat different. The trial one on my laptop is 16.0.10.1303 and my version on my desktop is 16.0.120.1303. Any suggestions? Obviously I can purchase a full version but I have paid my share to microsoft already. My da...

how to use "Findresource"
hi, i am facing some problem ,while retriving the resource from dll. That dll is a "esource only dll". Here is the code,what i am using. HMODULE hmod; HRSRC hr; /*here testdll.dll is the dll created for testing purpose and it has bitmap1.bmp resource*/ hmod=::LoadLibrary("testdll.dll"); hr=::Findresource(hr,"bitmap1.bmp",RT_BITMAP); if(hr==NULL) MessageBox("This is not working"); else MessageBox("This is Working"); This is code i have written ,but when ever i run,i get only "This is not working" messagbox. This is means we un...

Syntax error when using names with apostrophe
i'm getting syntax error message for this button that tries to get name (of building) with apostrophe. Any idea how to solve this? Note that i must use name with apostrophe e.g. O'neal: Private Sub Command76_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command76_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = ChrW(1506) & ChrW(1491) & ChrW(1499) & ChrW(1503) & ChrW(32) & ChrW(1508) & ChrW(1512) & ChrW(1496) & ChrW(1497) & ChrW(32) & ChrW(1502) & ChrW(1489) & ChrW(1504) & ChrW(1492) stLin...

date in queries
Dears While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get sum,min ,max,avg in summary option if the data is in number type. Any body can sujest any logic to get max and min value if the data type is in date field while we making a query by using query wizard any help please Regards Faisal Riyadh You can use Min and Max for dates. What problem are you having? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Faisal" wrote: > Dears > > While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get > sum,min ,max,avg in summary opti...

Using DoCmd.FindRecord
Hi! My problem is basically in a search modal window, where the user is allowed to make a selection on which option to take. After selecting an option and then giving the data to search, the user clicks the "OK" button and the user gets taken back to the "Customer" form with the correct searched record. The function works fine except that every now and then it takes 3-5 seconds to close the search modal window and goes back to the "Customer" form after clicking the "OK" button Below is the actual code for the "OK" button: - - - - - - -...

MS Office X and Virtual PC running on Panther (10.3)
Hi folks I am anxious to upgrade to OS X 10.3 when it ships later this month. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, using Office X and/or Virtual PC under the pre-release versions of 10.3? Thanks for the help Larry Buss labuss@magothy.com Hi Larry, Everyone who has run any software on pre-released versions of Panther had to sign agreements with Apple and other vendors. The agreements prohibit discussion about the products or release of the kind of information you are asking about. Those who know for sure can not tell you until the 24th of the month. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All respon...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 KNOWN ISSUES / BUG
Hi all, Take 2 at this post as I mashed the keyboard on my last attempt and posted it half the way through! :) Wondering if anyone knows any timeline on Update Rollup 1. I have a few bugs in which when followed up with MS they have simply explained that it is a known issue and they will be realeasing an Update Rollup to address the bugs, mine included. They cannot provide a timeline and I have clients crucifying me over it. Some of the bugs have workarounds, but for sites with a lot of users OR for our hosted clients which are generally remote users that are geographically all over the p...

send mail fail using cable modem
I cannot send mail using a cable modem. receive works fine. I installed outlook express and it can receive/send using same account as outlook, but outlook fails to send. do not get ans error message, email just disappears in a "black hole" -- outlook version 9.0.0.3821 -- using a linksys LNE100TX nic Surely it is because the email account (SMTP server) is incorrectly setup. Re-read your mail service provider's instructions. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms curtis wrote: > I cannot send mail using a cable modem. receive works > fine. I install...