Using IF for conditional formatting?

Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are
inside.  The formulas would display a value if the
contents of a source cell is filled in.  I'm attempting to
use in the formula cells(like B2):

IF(A2="","",A2*5)

If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2
* 5.

Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear
until data is entered?

Thanks!!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes

--
For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup.

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are
> inside.  The formulas would display a value if the
> contents of a source cell is filled in.  I'm attempting to
> use in the formula cells(like B2):
>
> IF(A2="","",A2*5)
>
> If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2
> * 5.
>
> Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear
> until data is entered?
>
> Thanks!!!!

0
terre08 (1112)