using excel data for mail merge with Word

When I try to use an excel worksheet as my data to create
address labels with Word, the text is unreadable. Seems
very basic - but what am I doing wrong?

0
anonymous (74722)

Adriannae, have a look here for some tips
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"adrianne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to use an excel worksheet as my data to create
> address labels with Word, the text is unreadable. Seems
> very basic - but what am I doing wrong?

0
newspab (272)

Controlling data in transaction details
I'd like to be able to suppress or change the S/N: that shows up in the Store Operations POS transaction grid and then prints on the receipt. Having it on screen isn't so bad but I really need it off the receipt. But the receipt just prints transaction.description so I guess I need to intercept it earlier in the process. Can I? -- Greg Staples Automated Options, Inc. Spokane, WA Greg, You could add a ~ to the Description column header alignment (change &lt; to &lt;~) in the TransactionDetails part of the receipt. This will truncate the Description and only print o...

Excel Capabilities in Word
Can a table created in Word do an Autosum (Excel) if so how or should the chart be created in Excel and then moved to Word, if I do that will the Autosum feature still work? Word's tables have some rudimentary capabilities. For example, I just created a table in Word, 4 rows by 4 columns. I put numbers into the first three cells in the first column. In the bottom cell of this column, I went chose Field from the Insert menu, clicked on the Formula button, and the default formula was =SUM(ABOVE). Looked good, so I hit OK, and this formula calculated the sum of the column. Similarly, ...

Trying to send E-mails
Windows Mail won't let me send or receive e-mails. When I try to sen I get "server unexpectedly terminated connection" can anyone help...so frustrated! What is the rest of the message before and after "server unexpectedly terminated connection" -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Can't send emails through Windows Mail" <Can't send emails through Windows Mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BE3073C-3941-4C41-9CF...

Kinds of mouse pointer in Excel
Please help.... Quite a few. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 08:17:01 -0800, takuza <takuza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help.... ...

default font in text boxes
Where do I change the default font for text boxes? If I insert a text box in a spreadsheet & start typing, it comes out as Calibri (body) 11 pt. If have two text boxes, both formatted as Ariel 12 and I'm copying text from one box to the other, the copied text appears in Calibri and then I have to re-highlight and change the font. I want to make it Ariel 12, period. Thanks. John Hoft-March I'm not 100% sure, but think the text boxes may adopt the default font of the workbook, which can be changed via: 1) click the Office button 2) Select 'Popular' 3) Click the 'U...

Receipt request e-mails not functioning
I get e-mails with 'receipt request' and I click that I've received it. The person that sent me the e-mail never receives confirmation of such. Is something wrong at my end or their end and what could it be? Thanks for any help; very much. Not all servers pass through receipts "getnit" <getnit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E480A379-9C22-473B-9C5E-1ED9EDC13955@microsoft.com... >I get e-mails with 'receipt request' and I click that I've received it. >The > person that sent me the e-mail never receives confirm...

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

meaning of e-mail scanner is not fully functional
this warning has come up on my lap top Possibly your Anti Virus mail scanning plugin? "murphy" <murphy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016250F1-B0AA-4A31-A84F-719754896F9E@microsoft.com... > this warning has come up on my lap top ...

Tabbed pages a la http://www.expedia.ca and using frames
Hi, my name is Jonny and I'm making a website. The person that I a making the website for wants the website to have a similar design to http://www.expedia.ca, she wants the tabs at the top. I could copy the html from the source or I code do some php'ing, but I'm just wondering if there is a similar option in Publisher. Remember, she wants something like http://www.expedia.ca. Also, how do I make frames in Publisher? In HTML for example, I'd have a frame such that would load different pages when the user clicks a button in the menu. I want to have the top of the page an...

Outlook 2007: Problems with HTML e-mail formatting
Hi, when I write an e-mail in HTML format with Outlook 2007 the formatting looks different when sent to someone who is not using Outlook as their e-mail client. I will always get an additional empty line with a line-break. This empty line is not visible in Outlook but in all other e-mail clients. Is there anything I can do to have the same rendering in all e-mail clients, including Outlook? Here's an example: --- Format in Outlook --- Hello, how are you? Bla aldkfjasdlfkj sadflkjsadflk jsdf. This was a single break. Regards, Joe --- format in other clients when received -- Hello, ...

can you get animated text in excel?
In word you can animate your text i.e. marching ants! Can this be done in excel too? No. "EMT" <EMT@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:90D28BCD-8DA8-45C9-A0DD-32944DEF5887@microsoft.com... > In word you can animate your text i.e. marching ants! Can this be done in > excel too? ...

Calling AutoFit using macro in XLCALL.h
Hi Is there a way to call the AutoFit function of Excel using one of the macros defined in the XLCALL.h file? I am trying to do this from inside a VC++ app. Any help is welcome. Thanks Why not post a follow up to any of the posts you've made before? comptechguy76@gmail.com wrote: > > Hi > > Is there a way to call the AutoFit function of Excel using one of the > macros defined in the XLCALL.h file? > > I am trying to do this from inside a VC++ app. > > Any help is welcome. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Can't send e-mail 03-21-10
I can't send out e-mail using my internet connection. I used to, but all of a sudden when Windows Mail tries to send the mail the "dial up" window appears. I try to switch it to Internet Cnx and it says I'm already connected to the Internet so I try to set it up again, but there is no save button to click on. It's grayed out. How did the dial-up get there ? I've never used dial-up on this PC. Vista Sp2, Windows Mail program. That's not a Windows Mail problem. Have you called your ISP? It is likely a problem they need to fix. How long have ...

how to type your incoming and outgoing server when setting up mail
Hi, Trying to set up my existing account using microsoft mail. I just need know how to word the server address, incoming and outgoing. I did it as pop3@optonline.net. which is wrong. Can you tell me how to word it, Thanks, Amy "Aimee" <todream@optonline.net> wrote in message news:%23bzBE$GkKHA.5020@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Trying to set up my existing account using microsoft mail. I just need > know how to word the server address, incoming and outgoing. I did it as > pop3@optonline.net. which is wrong. Can you tell me how to wo...

Error while merging accounts
I get an error stating that I do not have enough permissions to merge accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to merge contacts without any trouble. Also if I am the owner of the 2 accounts to be merged then I can merge them but if someone else is the owner then I get an error message. I have permission to assign accounts. Does anyone know what other permissions I need to be able to merge accounts?? Thank You in advance. ...

Mail merge does not work with the old records from CRM 3.0
I am stucked with one of the upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. When i create a new accounts , mail merge works fine but when i use existing accounts from CRM 3.0 , then mail merge doesnt not work and come with the error "Record 1 contained too many data fields .....". Source does not even contain data with the old records . anyone have seen this behaviour ? Thanks /Aamir ...

Global Template in Excel
Does Excel have some analog of Normal.dot in MS Word or Global.mpt? Yes, it is a file called Book.xlt which would be in the XLStart directory, and you can customise this (font, column widths, colours etc.) so that all new files take on this template. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Melan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05764E0A-F270-4B5A-9C04-70D9E2099520@microsoft.com... > Does Excel have some analog of Normal.dot in MS Word or Global.mp...

Creating Data DVD's in Media Center
I have made several video DVD's using the Media Center--usually recorded television. I always have to check whether it is a Data DVD or a video DVD. Today I wanted to make a backup DVD of some programs that I have purchased by download. I thought I would use the Media Center--not. After I clicked on the Data DVD option it asked which library I wanted to choose: Recorded TV, Music Library, Picture Library, Video Library of No thanks, I finished. Since none of the others would let me navigate to other directories, I tried the No thanks option--that merely let me back to the same ...

Mail router
My Network Admin is out and I need the name and IP of my email router in my domain. Where can I look for this. Thanks in advance, FloridaJoe <noneavailable@hotmail.com> wrote: > My Network Admin is out and I need the name and IP of my email router > in my domain. Where can I look for this. Look at your account properties for the name and use nslookup to find the address. -- Brian Tillman ...

Retrieving stock data
In Excel97 I have been using "Multiple Price Quotes by PC Quote, Inc.iqy" to retrieve stock prices. It has stopped working. I have now tried "Microsoft Investor Stock Quotes.iqy". This works except the Microsoft one returns only the stock name while the PC Quote one used to return the stock name and symbol. I need the retrieval to return the symbol because I do a lookup (using OFFSET) based on the symbol. Is there another iqy file I should be using? Any ideas? See my answer to the question you asked in the yahoo xltraders group -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software d...

Any alternatives to excel?
Hi, Excel appears to be limited to just over 1,000,000 rows which is a confounded nuisance. Are there any alternatives to excel which can accommodate 100 million rows? You should be thinking about a database program if you have that many rows of data, eg Access. Pete On Dec 14, 12:37=A0pm, "Interesting Ian" <spam.me2DEL...@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Excel appears to be limited to just over 1,000,000 rows which is a > confounded nuisance. =A0Are there any alternatives to excel which can > accommodate 100 million rows? Hmph . .don...

Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?
Using Excel Office 2003, I'm being asked to create charts from existing worksheets, often several within a workbook, using specific cells (total/average cells). The cells are not adjacent to one another, but they are identical from one worksheet to another. In my case, the cells are K15, K29, K42, W15, W29, and W42. I'd like a separate chart for each worksheet, and would like to have the chart automatically created once the data is in the worksheet. Is this possible? You can select discontiguous data by selecting one area, then holding CTRL while selecting additional areas....

excel truncating leading zeros
Hi, I am trying to use the import from text file into an excel sheet. I read many queries and figured out how to import the values as text without dropping the leading zeros. Please suggest a way where i can import all the values as "text" type. I want to avoid creating an array as the size of my text file varies from time to time. So i will not be sure how big the array must be. Please suggest. Thanks . regards, veena. In Step 3 on the Text Import Wizzard, select "text" in the upper righ hand corner of the screen -- ElsiePO ------------------------------------------...

"recently used files" not working
in the file menu, there used to be a way to select the most recently open files. this option is gone. I can't switch it on in the Tools->Options->General tab, since this option is greyed out there. same for excel, powerpoint and word (office 2003) what could be the problem? I was not able to find more info on the microsoft web. it only mentions the way to enable/disable thtough the options. but exactly this I cannot do... :-( thanks for any hint. dan got it sorted out... my fault.. the answer was here http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23OB7...

Possible Bug: ArgumentOutOfRangeException when using xsl:sort and xsl:strip-space has been declared
I have a scheduled job that uses different XSL templates to transform XML and save it to disk. I am having problems with the code below. The problem shows up on both my development machine (Windows XP Pro SP 1, .Net Framework 1.1) and on our production server (Windows 2K SP 4, .Net Framework 1.1). I have simplified the code and data to isolate the problem. When I use the xsl:strip-space (Line 12) declaration in conjunction with the xsl:sort element located on Line 80 I get an ArgumentOutOfRangeException thrown. If I comment out either line everything works fine. The extra twist is that there a...