using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)

when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula
=date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before
the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919.  why is this?  if
i take the +19 away, the same thing happens.  The only time it works is if i
specify the year instead of using another cell.
0
hsas (1)

Does this formula do what you need?
="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19

0
CycleZen (674)
6/17/2005 5:50:16 PM
The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH()
and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an
Excel date equivalent expressed as a number).

0
CycleZen (674)
6/17/2005 5:58:16 PM
=DATE(YEAR(A1)+19,12,31)

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"hsas" <hsas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula
> =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year
> before
> the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919.  why is this?
> if
> i take the +19 away, the same thing happens.  The only time it works is if
> specify the year instead of using another cell.

0
nicolaus (2022)

Letter Writing assitant to be used with Prospects
Would like to see Letter Writing Assitant to be extended to be used with Prospects. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=73b8a531-e5c3-4d8b-91ae-5b1758b9f1a5&...

Month problem

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Dates #9

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Qrp Date functions

date tracking

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Short time vs short date

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Date Calculation

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Doesn't show busy,when scheduling meeting
Hello I have a user, who has meetings scheduled and shows up in her Calendar fine. But, when she or someone else tries to schedule new meeting, invite her, it doesn't show her busy schedule. It indicates as if she is available all time. Secondly, when she edits the meeting and marks as "Out of Office", than it shows up as busy. Her Out of Office is Off. Outlook 2000 with Exchange corporate setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks ...

date modified

Date function quit working

Using INDIRECT within functions

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.