using data from one worksheet in another worksheet

I have 2 wksheets that have a cell that has a total sum of expenses for that
year at the bottom. I then have another worksheet that I'm trying to take the
totals (which are using the sum formula for that worksheet) of those
worksheets and places it on the this sheet. I have tried the formula of using
the = then clicking on the cell of the other wksheets but I get an amt of
$0.00 which isn't true.  I think it's because the totals on the other
wksheets are using the sum formula. Could use any help with this.  Much
appreciated.

Hi J.

Please refer to:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

In here please look at item number 47 towards the top of the page.

There are 2 EXCEL 2007 files here:-

avinity1.xlsx and

avinity2.xlsx

You seem to be doing what is right.

With reference to the above Worksheets:-

In avinity1.xlsx in cell G 22 I type the number 1

In avinity1.xlsx in cell G 23 I type the number 2

In avinity1.xlsx in cell G 24 I type =SUM(G22:G23)

This returns the value of 3 to cell G 24 (and this is correct).

Now I flip over to avinity2.xlsx.

In cell G 24 I type:-

=[avinity1.xlsx]Sheet1!$G$24

This correctly pulls in the value of 3 from G 24 in avinity1.xlsx.

Does the above help you out?

"J" wrote:

> I have 2 wksheets that have a cell that has a total sum of expenses for that
> year at the bottom. I then have another worksheet that I'm trying to take the
> totals (which are using the sum formula for that worksheet) of those
> worksheets and places it on the this sheet. I have tried the formula of using
> the = then clicking on the cell of the other wksheets but I get an amt of
> $0.00 which isn't true.  I think it's because the totals on the other
> wksheets are using the sum formula. Could use any help with this.  Much
> appreciated.

if cell is text move left one column

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

Using scanner in Word97

Using later version of microsoft access

Data migration - Adventure Works

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

how can I do a lookup into another sheet?
how can I do a lookup into another sheet? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try something like =VLOOKUP(123,Sheet2!A1:B10,2,FALSE) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "melawaisi" <melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.ws67m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > how can I do a lookup into another sheet? > thanks > > > ------...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Find tab in worksheet
I have a workbook with many tabs & many users and would like to create a 'Go to / find' function that finds a particular tab when opening workbook, so that user will enter tab in text box and will then go directly to tab Try any one of these macros.. You can try out the below macro. If you are new to macros.. --Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). --From workbook launch VBE using short-key Alt+F11. --From menu 'Insert' a module and paste the below code. --Get back to Workbook. --Run macro from Tools|Macro|Run <selected mac...

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...