using data from another cell

I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different
column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of another
cell locate in the same  row where.  Can some one help me?

0
reani1996 (1)

Create your second list and use VLOOKUP as follows:

Name is typed in:  A1
List of names and values in:  C1:D10

=VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$10,2,FALSE)

"leo" <reani1996@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to type a name in one cell(1) then check in list (different
> column) if the same name is there, and if it is there get a value of
another
> cell locate in the same  row where.  Can some one help me?

Comparing 2 series of data
Hello, I have a question regarding scatter (XY) charts on Excel 2000. I have 2 series of data that I want to compare with one another. I have plotted both series of data on a scatter (XY) chart in order to compare the 2 series in terms of the relationship between variables, X and Y. In addition, I have included a 2nd order polynomial trendline for each series so that the graph contains 2 trendlines (one for each data series). I want to know if there's a way for me to compare these 2 series of data (possibly using slopes of the trendlines) and obtain p values and confidence in...

Rearranging cronological data.
I have a set of 25,000 row wind data that I just want to flip so the last entry is first and the first is last. I have some crazy dates that don't match up in the data so I would like to be able to keep the order of everything now without sorting it by date. Im using 07. I'd insert a column and and put in a list from 1 to 25,000 and sort on that. In older versions of xl it was Edit, fill, series, Step Value 1, Stop Value 25000 and click OK if it does not work enter the first number yourself. Peter "Gatorman" wrote: > I have a set of 25,000 row wind data that I ...

Cell formatting behaviour question
Hey guys, I have 2 related cases that I dont understand how to get Excel formatting to work: 1. If I imported or copied rows of data (numerical) from another file (Word or Access) into Excel, the data is presented as raw numbers in each cell. Now I apply a formatting (i.e. I want comma separation for thousands, etc.) and it will not show up. However, if i then double-click inside a cell (as if to edit the contents directly), then hit enter the formatting I want shows up... but only that cell. I have hundreds of rows and I really need to force excel to display the formatting i want immediately...

Multiple matches using LOOKUP
Hello everyone, Here is what I am trying to accomplish. Based on Column A or ORDER_NOTE I need to find the respective match in column C. It perfectly works for 1 match. What if I have three or more matches how to force excel to look for others? This formula is inside of macro. I can use count function to find out how many times 'ORDER_NOTE' appeared. ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=LOOKUP(""ORDER_NOTE"",Range(""A:A""),Range(""C:C""))" Also, is it possible to concatenate all the finding of column C that match 'ORDE...

Exporting CRM data to Power Point.
I have a situation where i need to CRM 3.0 data to Power Point. I know CRM provides functionality to export to excel sheet. But one of my client want the data to be exported to Power Point. Any body has done any work related to this? Does CRM 3.0 provides this functionality? Any suggestions or advise is very much appreciated. Thanks, CRM does not do this for you. There just isn't any "standard" way to display data in PowerPoint and typically there will be too much to be useful on a slide. I would look to linking powerpoint to a spreadsheet as a data source for a graph or c...

Win XP X64 to Win 7 Pro 64bit using Nforce4 mobo
I'm getting ready to instanll win 7 pro 64bit on my PC that is presently running win XP X64. I have enough room to do a dual boot, though I'm in the process of backing everything up on external drives. (Ya never know!) I have run the windows 7 upgrade advisor (sic) and it seems to be happy with all but my printer. The mobo is a Gigabyte GA-k8N Ultra-9. For the orginal installation, I had to use a floppy to load the device drivers for the software raid. I don't see these drivers for windows 7 listed. I'm assuming since I am doing the dual boot, I can do the installat...

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

GPlains: Trl Blnc Rprt to capture more than the curent years data
GPlains: Trl Blnc Rprt to capture more than the curent years data ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=54e681b2-2fea-49fa-81a0-477bef09fa6f&dg=microsoft.publi...

how do i merge 2 rows of data into one
I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. Hi you may provide some more details how your data is structured and how you want to combine it -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "willid" <willid@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:14D9237F-69DA-4696-AC15-38585C65B28E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to combine data from 2 rows so that i can use the data as one row > which will enable me to sort the data accordingly. You can't merge data without losing parts ...

adding number only if CDN is displayed in next cell
I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the column besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. Thanks for your help. Use SUMIF() See HELP for details -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B61595A-17DD-4254-A46F-A8D26BF0D9AB@microsoft.com... >I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the >column > besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. > > How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. > > Thanks for y...

Accessing Excel pages using VB
Hi. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having. It's likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002. I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month -- each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs along the bottom of the workbook. I want to be able to access information from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then printing of the data in VB. First of all, when addressing data on spre...

How often do you download financial data?
I tend to download/update my bankstatements in Money once a day. Wondering if others do this or if its a weekly thing for them? I have mine setup for every 3 hours -- but this is only so I can be reasonably sure that all statements will have downloaded when I look at the file first thing in the morning. -- "BoDEAN" <jbo@aol.com> wrote in message news:lcgkjv8htndmkh0kf3j6hedjej17omq2m0@4ax.com... > I tend to download/update my bankstatements in Money once a day. > Wondering if others do this or if its a weekly thing for them? > > ...

Removing data from a series
Hello everyone, Thanks for the help on my last question, it got the job done! I now need to remove data from a series. I have created a series o numbers in a column based on messages in another column, heres a example: C1 C2 C3 1- LOAlarm 1-LOAlarm 2- LOLOAlarm 2-LOLOAlarm 3- LOLOLOAlarm 3-LOLOLOAlarm This goes on for about 2000 messages and was created by the equation C = C1&" " &C2 and now I have to reverse the operation to display onl LOAlarm and su...

Quering and entering data through a form
Hello, I have 3 tables: PatientDetails, ReferralDetails and EnvelopeDetails PatientDetails and ReferralDetails are linked by ReferralCode. ReferralsDetails and EnvelopeDetails are linked by SentEnvelope field. I need a form that only shows those patients who do not have SentEnvelope against their ReferralCode (and hence PatientID). This I have managed to do by using a query and then the form wizard. However, what I need to do now is to be able to update everyones SentEnvelope field with relevant envelope id. Every patient that is referred will have a referral details in the ReferralDe...

3D Surface from data from 3 columns
introduction: I need 3D surface chart made in Excel. I have data written in 3 columns lets say A,B,C I think that I need to convert them to table to make the chart (A would be horizontal axis, B- vertical and C- values)- but I do not know how to do it :-( Could you please help me? :-) Jack Hi Jack have a look at http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/index.html Frank jack wrote: > introduction: > I need 3D surface chart made in Excel. > > I have data written in 3 columns lets say A,B,C > I think that I need to convert them to table to make the chart (A >...

Using same SSRS installation to support two different CRM installs
We are implementing a second instance of CRM 4.0. It is for a different business so CRM will be installed on a different server than our current instance. Multihoming is not an option. In our current implementation our Reporting Services installation is on a different box than CRM. We would like to use the same SSRS server for reports for the new CRM installation. Is this possible? Our Reporting SErvices server is on a different machine also. -- Leo That should work just fine aslong as the organization names are different. Otherwise both instances will try to use the same folder...

Look Up and Display set data
I have an annual leave Tracker / Sickness / Training spreadsheet. On each day if a member of staff is Sick S is entered if on annual leave (holiday) H is entered and T for training. What I would like to do is add a function to display set data. For Example in Column A I have the names of all staff. Column B their managers name then in the other columns C, D, E etc I have dates of the year. Is there a way I can display for example / create a page where I can ask Excel to display say for example activity for a member of staff in S (Sickness) state, or all details. Or for example can I run ...

another OGA question
I bought a copy of Office 2007 Pro from an online seller who advertised it as a genuine, new copy. It came in a sealed box with the hologram CDs and installed with no problems using the product key in the box. After downloading updates, I started getting the "not genuine" message after reboots. The seller insists that this is a legitimate licensed product which was purchased from a Circuit City store that was going out of business, and that the messages I'm getting are due to some problem with the installation, not with the authenticity of the software. I ca...

Bug! Error Bars Inherited from Another Workbook
Got an odd one here. I have suite of macros that create a workbook with a number of sheets, containing charts from a number of separate workbooks. The charts show a number of series, including a mean with custom error bars, taken directly from two columns in the source data, spec for the + bars ='C:\Temp\[Some_File_Or_Other.xls]Data_Sheet'!$CK$2:$CK$366, and the following column for the - bars. I run the macro once, and save the resultant chart-filled workbook as DirectoryA/FileA.xls. I change the data in the source workbooks, rerun the macro and save the results as DirectoryB/FileB...

Custum Cell Format
I have an array formula which automatically summarizes all available values of a certain column, in ascending order. The summary is fixed to a maximum of 8 cells and in many cases it uses less than the available 8 columns. Is it possible to format the cells by showing a 0 when the result/cell is empty In other cells in the sheet the cells show empty instead of a zero by using the custom format of 0;-0;"" Now I want an empty cell to show 0 Thanks, W -- willemeulen Blink1 *Willem van der Meulen* BSc Soil & Water Eng (Netherlands) ----------------------------------------...

adding data
I want to add data to a current cell, can this be done? You can add to the value in a cell. For example to add 100 to a cell, or group of cells: Type 100 in an empty cell on the worksheet Select the cell that contains 100 Choose Edit>Copy Select the cells you want to increase Choose Edit>Paste Special Select Add, click OK Clear the cell in which you typed 100 diana wrote: > I want to add data to a current cell, can this be done? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How to copy VB macro from one spreadsheet to another?
How do I copy a VB macro from one spreadsheet to another. One way is to open both wb's at the same time; select "show code", find the sheet or module in the source wb that contains the macro, highlight the code and copy. Select the desired sheet or module in the target wb and paste... :cool: Ben -- protonLeah ------------------------------------------------------------------------ protonLeah's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32097 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531743 ...

Dynamic cell references in cube functions
What is the syntax to make for instance the cubevalue function pick up parameter values from the spreadsheet so my report becomes dynamic? I have the following statement: =CUBEVALUE("datasource";"[Measures].[Volume]";"[Time].[YM].[YM].[2007].[200710]") I want to make a dynamic report so that the year [2007] and the month [200710] changes according to dates I put into the spreadsheet (for instance today()) so the report automatically updates the query to current time periode. Thanks in advance! I don't know cubevalue and it isn't in Excel help on ...

how do I create a macro to select all colored cells in a worksheet
Need help writing the code for an Excel Macro that would find all cells that have any interior color so that an outer border can be added around all colored cells. Hi, Try this. I've included the code to add the borders but you can delete this if you want to do it manually. Not this will not work for conditionally formatted coloured cells Sub sonic() Dim CopyRange As Range For Each c In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If c.Interior.ColorIndex <> xlNone Then If CopyRange Is Nothing Then Set CopyRange = c Else Set CopyRange = Union(C...

How to link cells only if...
In cell a1 I have an option for an "y" "n". Based on that cell I want to link cell b1 to cell d1. If it is "Y" then link it, if it is "n" then I want it to go to cell b1 and check it and so forth. I only want to link the items in column "b" that have a "y" next to them. I can do this for one cell and even skip and go until I find the first "Y". What I can not do is make the second link start after it has found the first "y" in column "A". Can anybody please help. This is the 3rd time I am asking f...