Using <Ctrl>-Click to open files

When using <Ctrl>-Click to open multiple files from the
File/Open dialog in Excel 2003, only the first file will
appear on the taskbar. A combo-box type Taskbar selector
for multiple Excel files does *not* appear.

Also, only the first file appears on the <Alt>-<Tab>
menu. However, all files appear in the Excel Window menu.
The problem also occurs when using <Ctrl>-Click/Right-
Click/Open to open multiple files from Windows Explorer
or My Computer.

The problem does not occur when opening the files
individually.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!
0
anonymous (74722)

A genuine bug it appears to me.  Looks like it was ok in Excel 2000 but not
in 2002 or 2003.  Probably will not get fixed until the next version of
Excel, if then.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)
2/5/2004 6:23:40 PM
Chip,
Check under Tools>Options>View.  In the first row there should be a check box for view all in task bar , or something like that.  I have excel 97 here at work and it doesn't include this option, but I know it is in later versions.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck,
Mark Graesser
mark_graesser@yahoo.com

     ----- Chip A wrote: -----

     When using <Ctrl>-Click to open multiple files from the
     File/Open dialog in Excel 2003, only the first file will
     appear on the taskbar. A combo-box type Taskbar selector
     for multiple Excel files does *not* appear.

     Also, only the first file appears on the <Alt>-<Tab>
     menu. However, all files appear in the Excel Window menu.
     The problem also occurs when using <Ctrl>-Click/Right-
     Click/Open to open multiple files from Windows Explorer
     or My Computer.

     The problem does not occur when opening the files
     individually.

     Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? Thanks!

0
anonymous (74722)
2/5/2004 6:26:06 PM
Jim,

Thanks for your reply. What is the mechanism for
reporting this to Microsoft without having to pay for an
incident?

Thanks,

Chip Anderson

0
anonymous (74722)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

open two different Access reports

Public Folder link to Excel File

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Single click selects multiple cells

Renaming Partial File Names

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...