Using Countif with multiple criteria in the same column.

I need to count different criteria from the same column.  For example, under
the column Names, the criteria for one breakout might be Tom, Beth, John,
Roger; the next breakout might be Joe, Sue, Randy, Bob.
0
Harley (19)

Assuming you want a count of "Ted" plus "Bob" you could use a formula
similar to this.

=COUNTIF(C14:C19,"Ted")+COUNTIF(C14:C19,"Bob")

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29050

=SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A1:A10,{"Tom";"Beth";"John"}))

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Harley" <Harley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to count different criteria from the same column.  For example,
>under
> the column Names, the criteria for one breakout might be Tom, Beth, John,
> Roger; the next breakout might be Joe, Sue, Randy, Bob.

0
terre081 (3244)

loop through pivottables columns and rows
I have a pivot table that have 2 columns that I need to loop through and read both columns and each items of each columns...the pivotitems only allow reading one column...does anyone know how to programmatically read both columns? Thanks You can loop through the column fields and their items: Sub test() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) For Each pf In pt.ColumnFields For Each pi In pf.PivotItems Debug.Print pf.Name & " - " & pi.Name Next pi Next pf End Sub hpham77 wrote: > I have a pivot ta...

Multiple portfolios?
I am testing a trial version of Money 2004 before buying. I'd like to find out from someone if Money allows you to set up multiple portfolios with different investment accounts - all I've been able to do is all the accounts shown in one portfolio, which since there are different investment goals and time horizons is pretty meaningless. Also wonder if anyone knows if you can override the asset allocation tool and input your own allocation, specifically, different target allocations for each portfolio, and whether you can add additional asset classes. many thanks. Thanks for...

Am I using the pop3 connector properly?
I currently host mail for udc.net on a machine running mailsite. I want to convert everyone over to exchange, but cannot do everyone at once. I believe that I need to use the pop3 connector. All MX records point to the current box running Mailsite. In exchange, I have created a pop3 connector for my own mailbox, and added the SMTP domain and email address for udc.net (so when I send mail, it will show me@udc.net as the from, and return address) I connector definately downloads mail from the pop3 mailbox. But it gets lost. The messages do not appear in my exchange mailbox. If I remove t...

using a UDF in place of a cond. format, b/c I need 4, not three
I know this is an age old topic here, and I'm really hoping that I don't just get referred to another web page [that type of help of course has its place and merits]. And if I had the time, I would have more fun going through docs and notes to find out how to do it, but time is not something I can barter. What I'm looking at is: I'm thinking along the lines of an example where I normally set the borders of my columns [except if it's the first row] in a cond. format via something like this: =AND((NOT(ISBLANK($A1))),(ROW()>1)) But, if I need that space for a Con...

Using Rules to Respond to Messages
I'm setting up resource scheduling and like some others have noticed, if a user submits a calendar item to a resource but puts the resource in the required or optional field the calendar has to accept or decline the meeting. Well, your resource is setup to automatically accept resource scheduling and no one is going to read the requests submitted as email. I was thinking I could setup a rule that automatically resonds to the user to tell them that they have selected a resource as a person. Please resubmit this request and put the resource in the resource field. PROBLEM: I can'...

Training registration: how to pick multiple entries for one course
A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change. Thank you in advance for your help, Dawn -- Dawn Bjork Buzbee On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:05:00 -0700, Dawn Bjork Buzbee <DawnBjorkBuzbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a >training class. Now, we want to allow for multip...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

Adding multiple items in unordered data to match a target amount
I have 3 columns of data - invoiced amounts (A), banked amounts (B) and commission charged (C). A = B + C For each B, there is one C. However, there can be multiple items in A for one item of B + C. Further, the rules for how commission is charged varies by amounts sold; I cannot calculate C by reference to A or B (individually) with any level of accuracy. I'm therefore looking for a way of selecting 1 or multiple items in column B, adding them to 1 or multiple items in column C and tracing this to 1 or multiple items in column A. Help would be gratefully received. ...

Multiple Email Addresses
I have a contact with multiple email addresses (2 addresses). When I address an email message to this person, as I type in her name my automatic name lookup puts an email address in for her that isn't in my personal address book or contact list. It is a valid email address for her, but one that I don't want to use. I only want to pick from the 2 addresses that are in my personal address book and contact list. So, where is Outlook coming up with this 3rd address and how do I delete it so that Outlook doesn't use it anymore? OL doesn't look up to contacts for 'au...

Using Automation to Send HTML...
The following code used to work fine in Outlook 2000, now with Outlook 2002 it doesn't. Now it leaves a BLANK body. Can anyone tell me why this no longer works? Also, we try the same thing with an RTF type file as the body (.body property), and it just puts junk in the body and does not interpret it as a RTF file. Thanks. Bob ***************************************************** oOutlook = CREATEOBJECT("outlook.application") oMail = oOutLook.CreateItem(0) WITH m.oMail m.oRecipient = .Recipients.Add("test@test.com") m.oRecipient.type = 1 .Subject = &quo...

Moving mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C61DC8.6FAD4950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question: When moving mailboxes using AD Users and Computers from = Exchange server A to Exchange Server B, what will be the effect on users = that currently have their mailbox open in Microsoft Outlook? Some of the = users have Outlook 2003 and some of them have Outlook 2002. Is it best = to do the move when noone is on? but the thing is in this organization, = we have so laptop users that may not be on...

How I can print full text bigger than column, in repeat column
When I print statements with repeat columns in excell which have text bigger than repeat columns, complete text is printed on all sheets except first sheet. How I can overcome this problem? I want to print complete text in repeat columns, which is expanded to other columns which are blank. ...

Link to other slides from table using c#
Hi, I'm looking to create links from a certain slide to another, and I need those links to be from within a table. I need it to be something like this: var pptApp = new PowerPoint.Application(); var presentation = pptApp.Presentations.Add(Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse); var slides = presentation.Slides; slides.InsertFromFile(@"C:\Users\Tng1\Documents\PresentationTemplate.potx" , 0, 1); var titleSlide = slides[1]; titleSlide.Name="TitleSlide" ; var tableSlide = slides[2]; tableSlide.Name = "TableSlide" ; va...

What's the best way to diagram a supply chain using Visio?
What's the best way to diagram a supply chain using Visio? ...

rows and columns in spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way, in Excel, that I can merge cells, rows, or columns, like I can in Numbers? Many thanks for your help. ...

Sendinf personalised mails to a group using Outlook
Hi All, I would like to know how to send personalised mails to a group (keeping the groups in bcc) using outlook 2003/2007. Please share your thoughts. regards, Jaseel You have stated contradictory points. BCC does not "personalise" it just hides the recipient list. If you want to personalise, ie use data fields like first_name and last_name, you need to do a mailmerge to email. There are many posts here on how to do that. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "Jassy" <Jassy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

how can I change the a,b,c, column headers in excel to names
I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated You can only show A,B,C...,IV or numbers: 1,2,3,...,256 But you could put your names in Row 1 and then select A1, then select A2 and click on Window|Freeze panes. espray wrote: > > I've tried and can't figure out how to change the column header from a,b,c, > etc. to names for each column. Any tips are appreciated -- Dave Peterson ...

Sort Using Different Columns
I am trying to compile a list of sales by customer and total purchases by that customer in a series of months. I have column a as a master list of customer names. Column B is going to be the charges for that customer in lets say may. Column c is going to be the charges for that customer in June. The problem I am having is that not all customers have charged from us in the same months so when I bring my data into this worksheet it contains the customer name in one column and the charges in another. Doing this does not allow the customer names for one month to line up with the next m...

Variable Column Sort
I need to aIphabetize columns with a set start column, but a variable range for the end column. Thanks, Bern ...

Run query or report from multiple tables
I have three tables: Equipment Instruments System Numbers Each record in the tables 'equipment' and 'instruments' has three lookup fields that link to fields to the 'system numbers' table.' How can I create a query or report that lists all records contained within the equipment and instruments tables that are linked to the system numbers table? On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:20:01 -0800, Sim <Sim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have three tables: > >Equipment >Instruments >System Numbers > >Each record in the tables 'equipment'...

computing formula according to criteria #3
Thanks, That's a good idea, the problem is I have several participants, and need a template sheet where I can just paste each participant's data and the means and SD's will be computed automatically. At the momen going over each and every participant is taking me hours. I really need a formula... -- lior ----------------------------------------------------------------------- liory's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1049 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26138 another way to do it would be to write a ...

Access exchange using IMAP
Hi There. I cannot access my email message using IMAP to exchange 2003. The statement as below: Connection refused Configuration: Account: Staffmail Server: 172.18.3.203 User name: Staff\Taufik Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd9 any ide how so solve it? thanks Have you started the IMAP service and made sure that IMAP access is enabled for your user account? Exchange 2003 disables IMAP and POP3 services by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in message news...

Using "OR" in an IF statement
I am trying to use the command OR in an If statement and I am having no luck. In Lotus 123 I could string commands by using #OR# to produce a common result. For example: =IF(J3="INVEST" #OR# IF(K3 = "INVEST",1,"NO")) I can't seem to make this work in Excel. Can anyone provide me with a correction? Doug, Like this =IF(OR(J3="Invest",K3="Invest"),"The true condition","the false condition") If the true or false condition is numeric then drop the quotes -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

Using the 'S' key
PowerPoint 2003, Win XP. A presentation with music running from start to end, using the 'S' key to pause the presentation also stops the music. On pressing again to continue the presentation, the music does not continue. I'm not hopeful, but is there a way to continue the music, even if it means that it starts from the beginning? I have the sound set to 'loop until next sound' on the second slide, the first being an introduction slide. Thanks. Brian. On most systems embedded and linked sound act differently in this respect. If you LINK to the so...

Use a range name in VB with IF Then Else statement
Thanks for looking at this one..... when writing a macro in visual basic, how would you write code to do something like this: IF "Named Range 1" is not equal to "Named Range 2" THEN (do a simple cut/copy/paste which I've allready figured out) ELSE END IF I can do this with range as cell address ("A2") but don,t know how to reference the Named Range. Thanks.... Spydor -- spydor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spydor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28438 View this t...