using common data in multiple sapreadsheets

I would like to copy the results from one range of cells
in one worksheet of one workbook, to another cell in
another worksheet in another workbook, can this be done?
0
anonymous (74722)

Sure if both workbooks are open:

workbooks("book1.xls").worksheets("sheet1").range("a1:b99").copy _
  destination:=workbooks("book2.xls").worksheets("sheet2").range("c9")

If you paste to one cell, then the copy|paste command will react just like you
did it manually.  It'll expand the destination range to be the same shape as the
original range.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

use of xsd.exe
VS2005. I'm running a stored procedure and am stuffing the output into a dataset. I want the dataset to be strongly-typed, but can't seem to get quite what I want out. Performing a "Fill" on a generic dataset, I can get the schema of the data being returned. A snippet appears below: <xs:element name="Table2"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="PRODUCT_GROUP" msprop:OraDbType="126" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element ...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

CRM 4.0 Report Deployment
Hi When I deploy a custom report (through Web UI) and run it, no data is displayed. The report header, footer, etc, display, but there is no data. To simplify the problem I created a very simple report with no parameters, which selects all from filteredsystemuser, and the problem was the same. This is in a test VPC, the whole environment is contained in the VPC. I am developing/publishing/viewing as the CRM administrator. The steps I took were: - Created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio using Wizard (installed in VPC) - Created a new DataSet called dsTest with a new D...

Custom reports/queries across multiple companies in Business Porta
Is there any way to create a custom query or report that can be run inside Business Portal and which pulls figures from multiple Great Plains companies. Thank you. A View can be constructed in one database that pulls data from other databases. This view can then be used as the source for reports in tools like Crystal etc -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "KT" wrote: > Is there any way to create a custom query or report th...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Can I make a database in Word with Excel Data
I know this may be a "DUH" question, but... I am making a list of area dentists that I have copied and pasted of of the Dex website into Excel. I am wondering if I can take this inf and make a database in Word for printing address labels. Does anyon know if this can be done, and HOW?:confused -- Myn77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myn777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2958 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49283 For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Multiple colors transparent in picture-HOW?
I am trying to make multiple areas of a picture partially transparent, but am unable to in Publisher. What programs would allow me to make this change? If it is a bitmap, i.e. jpg, bmp and others, you need to use a photo editing program. If it is a vector (.wmf) you can ungroup the image, select the area you want partially transparent, right-click, click format object. This link will take you to Paint.NET, it is a pretty good free program. http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/index.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com ...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...

Looking for someone who can integrate CRM with GP using SCRIBE Integration tool
Hi, Is anyone out there in Sydney area who would like to help us in doing integration between CRM 4 and GP 10 through SCRIBE integration tool for a fee? We are looking for someone who has already done integration between these two applications using SCRIBE. You will have to do bit of customisations in the SCRIBE standard templates. If anyone available, you can contact me through my email badri1203@gmail.com Badri ...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

Multiple IF statement not working
I have numbers in cells b2, d2,e2, and f2. I am trying to write statment that will increment number in cell b2 by one for each cell (d2, e2, f2) that is greater than or equal to one. The following formula will not work if more than one cell (d2, e2, f2) has a zero in it: =IF(AND(D2>=1,E2>=1,F2>=1),B2+3,IF(OR(D2=0,E2=0,F2=0),B2+2,IF(AND (D2=0,E2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(D2=0,F2=0),B2+1,IF(AND(E2=0,F2=0),B2+1,))))) Does anyone know why? Try this =B2+COUNTIF(D2:F2,">=1") -- Wag more, bark less "Anthony" wrote: > I have numbers in cells b2, d...

Graph Data Values
I am trying to create a pick and mix graph that shows forecast spen against actual spend by a selected business area. I somehow want to create a graph on the fly based on the selections fo example: If I choose company one and want to see the contracted data I want th graph to pick up the forcasted contracted Labour, Passthru and Othe and show the combined contracted actuals; See attached; and if i then choose company 2 then graph will pick up the releven ranges? HELP!! Attachment filename: help.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachmen...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Lookup Wizard changing Data Type
I am trying to make Lookups from Table Field to Table Field and generally it seems OK. However the LookupWizard is changing the Data Type from Text to Number (I guess it's looking at the ID?) Data picked from Combo Box 'looks' OK in Table view A Query view is asking for a number but displays the Text field value when a valid ID number is added. Viewing Results in FrontPage Database Wizard, and using hand coded .asp querie, it's showing the ID field value. I can see why... Any ideas? Merci. Yes, the wizard isn't the problem it's the use of Lookup Fields in ...

retrieving data from Great Plains via eConnect
Hi, I've been working with eConnect for the last two weeks and have had success with importing a variety of transactions into Great Plains. However, I'd like to query Great Plains on demand and have data returned to me. For example, given a certain field value (like customer name = "Smith"), I'd like to have all customer records returned that match that specified value. Is there any way to do this easily with eConnect? I'm not so interested in the Transaction Requester Service because that seems to be focused more on automatically returning records that have...

Using A CTabView
Hi, I need to implement a tab control which contains a number of custom controls on each tab page. For example my custom control has a number of LED type static controls and a list control. Its quite small, 200x200. I need a number of them in a tab page. They need to aligned underneath each other with a static label above each giving a description of each one. I also need to be able to scroll down if I have too many to fit into one page. Has anyone done something similar or can suggest where to look?? Cheers ...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

Using a Space in Webbrowser Control
Hello: As usual, I've run into a problem with something that is probably so simple... any help is appreciated. I'm using the webbrowser control with the navigate method. The url I'm using needs a space (which I know is not normally allowed, but it works directly in firefox and IE). Here's some sample code: ------------------------------------ strWebPage = "http://www.imdb.com" &" ?" & Text2.Text txtURL.Text = strWebPage Web1.Navigate txtURL.Text Do While Web1.ReadyState <> READYSTATE_COMPLETE DoEvents Loop DoEven...

Cash-Basis Reporting using GP Analytical Accounting
We are a new GP 8 customer, still in the process of implementation, migrating from QuickBooks Pro. We are a non-profit and have unique reporting needs for our board and donors. We switched from cash-basis to accrual accounting about 2 years ago. However, a lot of our reports are still run on a cash-basis level, we need to be able to report on a cash basis as well as accrual basis. I know ther eis a cash-basis tool add-on for GP from AIM technologies. But I was wondering if the GP Analytical Accouning or multidimensional module would give us the same functionality and flexibility in g...

How do I link data to a chart from multiple worksheets?
I've created a graph that I want to show data from multiple sheets in the workbook. How do I do that? There are limits to how you can combine data from different sheets. This article describes them. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DF7D186-9426-4B54-A322-FE485FD20529@microsoft.com... > I've created a graph that I want to...

Extracting data from one sheet to another
I have a speadsheet with 390 rows and 80 columns. For each column, I wish to copy a range of cells and place them in rows so I can create a separate table for each item represented by the column. For instance, I would like to take the data from the range B10:B15 and place that into a range A1:E1, and then data from range C10:C15 and place into a range G1:K1, D10:D15 into I1:M1 and then B16:B21 into A2:E2, C16:C21 into G2:K2, etc, etc, etc I could do this manually, but it could take a while. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) ?
Is this technology still current or is there something better to use? Can I use CDO to access Outlook on a non server operating system? Thanks Tom ...

Error importing Quicksell 2000 data
I've followed the instructions exactly as indicated in the help file. When I reach the final step where the actual import is to take place I get the error: Invalid Object Name 'VersionHistory' SELECT TOP 1 Version FROM VersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC It appears that it's having a problem with the Access database when it tries to retrieve the latest version number of Quicksell 2000 (which is 3.01 on our system) I've used the QS2000 doctor to compact and repair the database, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions are appreciated. If you can ZIP the datab...

References omit formatting and return cell address
In two cases of references between worksheets, the formatting from the original cell does not appear in the cell that it is referenced to. Case 1: Worksheet 1, A1 contains a currency formatted number - $2,000 Worksheet 2, A1 references the Workhseet 1, A1 cell using the = sign, yet it returns 2000 (unless I manually reformat the Workksheet 2 cell to Currency Case 2: Worksheet 3, A1 contains an apartment # - e.g. 4 Worksheet 4, A1 references this cell but returns the cell address - Worksheet2,!A1' - rather than the number 4. I tried different formats for the number 4,...