Using combo boxes

I am trying to use a combo box control to access a list of
data.
i am having problems 'pointing' the combo box to the list
of data I would like to use.
Where do I tell the box where to look ???

thanks

PS I cannot use the 'forms' combo box as this has does not
allow me to type in the combo box.

Look at the Listfillrange property.

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 "Disco" <stuart_langan@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I am trying to use a combo box control to access a list of
>data.
>i am having problems 'pointing' the combo box to the list
>of data I would like to use.
>Where do I tell the box where to look ???
Hi

It's the ListFillRange property of the box. Unless it's on a userform, then
it's called RowSource, for some odd reason.
--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

"Disco" <stuart_langan@yahoo.co.uk> skrev i melding
> I am trying to use a combo box control to access a list of
> data.
> i am having problems 'pointing' the combo box to the list
> of data I would like to use.
> Where do I tell the box where to look ???
>
> thanks
>
> PS I cannot use the 'forms' combo box as this has does not
> allow me to type in the combo box.

use USB security token in outlook
how can use security token in outlook. i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my security token. my token support pkcs#11 Dear YOu will need the certificates for same. You can find the free certificates of TAWTE for testing then you can send the encrypted messages. I hope this will help you. The best dual security is Alddin. It works fine. Best regards Sharad "Fanian" wrote: > how can use security token in outlook. > i want do encrypt message and signed mail with my > security token. > my token support pkcs#11 > ...

Using POS in Grocery Store #2
Hi ... I have just finished setup of RMS system in my grocery store ... I'd like to know has anyone complete grocery store inventory database and can share with me, or is ther any link to download an inventory.? Like I just can't figure out ... I have to put each item in database, like scanning each items barcode, than adding it's name and so on ? I thing it's not operative waste of time ... I've found a few links with yearly $5000 fee . It's something like crazy you don;t think so ? I'm agree to pay like $50 one time payment for full inventory, otherways I w...

Figuring out how to use a custom membership provider.
My web application handles membership in different organizations. Based on the means by which a user has reached the login screen, the application has already determined which organization membership should be checked against: Session["organizationId"] = 4; //for example Data on members is stored in a table called Participant CREATE TABLE Participant ( ... organizationId int NOT NULL ... ) I've created a custom membership provider: public class PublicMembershipProvider : SqlMembershipProvider { ... public int Organizat...

copies of email to sent box?
Last weeek we experienced a power outage and had to replace power supply. Since then ,when I send email ,copies will not send to sent box. I have checked OPTIONS and have " send copy to sent box",but it is still not doing it. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Filter Datasheet based on Combo Box selection
I have a SubForm that displays in Datasheet view. I want to add a Combo Box just above the SubForm that the user can select the Pay_Period_Ending_Date, and once selected I would like the Datasheet to filter based on this date. Can someone please direct me as to how I can do this? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Pasadena-D - You can put your combobox in the header section of the subform. Then based on the selection in the combobox, you can apply your filter like this (using your fieldnames and combobox name). If the user will click on an item, you can ...

refer to data on multiple worksheets using hlookup/look up data on many worksheets?
Hi I have data on many worksheets in the same workbook. Is it possible to look up data on multiple worksheets using Hlookup, which means can the second argument in the formula refer to multiple sources? If it is not possible, is there any other way I can do so? I would like to select and display data according to a fixed order, whereby the data is located in one of many worksheets in the same workbook. For eg, I have stock returns of many firms in many worksheets. Say I would like to display in a single worksheet the returns of Firm D, Firm Z, Firm R; whereby the data of these 3 fir...

Create New Message Using Print Layout
I would like to draft new messages using "print layout" from the view menu. What I would really like to do is make that my default. Is there a way I can make "print layout" the default view when generating new messages? TIA Jerry What version of Outlook/Office and are you using Word as the editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Jerry asked: | I would like to draft new messages using "...

Publisher
I have prepare a publisher flyer which I will be sending out in a group e-mail. The view of the flyer shows the text boxes as well as the text. How can I delete the text boxes only and not the text. This is the first time I am using publisher. The text box boundary will not print unless you have put a border around it. Have you looked at print preview? Go to view, clear boundaries and guides, you will see how the flyer will look when printed. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ladybug" <Ladybug@disc...

return value based on combo box selection
I have a combo box (cmbShipDate) in a form that is based on a table with drop down values of ShipDate1, ShipDate2, ShipDate3, etc. I have created a text box and I want the correct ship date to be displayed based on the combo box selection. These ship dates are all stored in a table called tblOrder. I thought I could use the DLookUp fuction, but I'm not doing something correctly. Thanks I don't understand what you mean by "based on a table with drop down values". And when you say the "ship dates are all stored in ... tblOrder", do you mean tha...

Excel hanging (macro use)
Can anyone help? I'm running Office 2000 on Windows 95. I've previously been able to open an excel spreadsheet containing macros but today it's just hanging. I've tried restarting but still can't get into the app. I click on the Enable Macros button and it just hangs. Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks, Richard. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Richard, Can you open it without macros enabled? Can you open it with a different user profile? Try uninstalling any Add-ins you have and see if that works. HTH, Greg "fergusor >" <&l...

VLOOKUP into a closed xls using VBA
Hello -- Can someone show me the format for using VLOOKUP in VBA to get a value from a closed xls file? In a worksheet =VLOOKUP(1,TA_TestScript.xls!TestCases,2,FALSE) TA_TestScript.xls is the closed file works, but I can't figure out the correct combination of [ ], " ", etc. to make it work in VBA. Thanks for any help. Larry Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.576 / Virus Database: 365 - Release Date: 1/30/2004 Sorry ... wrong group. I have had so many questions on charting recently I ...

Creating a combination chart using cluster column & stacked bar t.
I need to create a combination chart, using cluster column and stacked bar types. I need to "cluster" two columns side by side without space in between, with stacked bars within each of these columns. Then, have space along the x axis, and have 2 more columns clustered made up of stacked bars within. I am charting 2 years side by side, with different types of data within the columns, so need to stack/segment the column. How do I create and combination chart, and how do I select these 2 types to combine together? HELP, PLEASE?!? If you stagger your data, you can create sid...

Is it possible to use a formula in the middle of a sentence in exc
If so, how? Your question would be clearer if you wrote it in the body of the message, added more detail explaining what you were looking to accomplish and provided an example or two that showed what you were trying to do. I'll take a guess that this might be what you are looking for... ="Some text"&<YourFormula>&"and some more text" For example, something like this example maybe (where I'm assuming Column A contains a list of names)... ="There are "&COUNTA(A1:A100)&" people on the list" -- Rick (MVP ...

save attachment dialog box
Does anyone know how to change the dialog box that opens up when you click on an attachment to open, instead of save? The boss thinks he wastes too much time changing the checkbox. My guess would be somewhere in the registry, but don't know where or how. What exactly do you mean? You mean the dialog that comes up and promps you to Save, Open or Cancel? The "Confirm Open after Download" can only be modified with local admnistrator permissions as it changes the registry of the local computer. Control Panel-> Folder Options-> tab File Types -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-O...

SDK Using
Hi, I would like to use SDK, but after having download the supplement I do not know how the use; Thanks for your help Best Regards Bernard SDK is nothing about documentation .It contains the help for server side and client side codes .It does contain sample codes too , which can guide you to write plugin /workflow etc etc. ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ On 7 ao=FBt, 20:05, Aamir Bashir <whatels...@gmail.com> wrote: > SDK is nothing about documentation .It contains the help for server > side and client side codes .It does contain sample codes too , w...

Like criteria on a combo box ot working the way I want... Please help!
All, Below is a the standard code I use in a combo box. Dim rs As Object Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[llListingID] = " & str(Nz(Me![cboTerritoryName], 0)) If Not rs.EOF Then Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark Me.Form.AllowAdditions = False The query used to find the data is... SELECT qryLister.llListingID, qryLister.llTerritoryName FROM qryLister WHERE (((qryLister.llTerritoryName) Like "*"+[Enter any part of Territory Name:]+"*")); All works fine for the first look-up. But in order to refresh the combo box so it allows one to &...

allowing a text box to grow
Is it difficult to have a CEdit control and its dialog grow according to the length of the string in the control? I'm interested in using such an arrangement for my error messages and would like it to fit my messages. Use DrawText to compute the rectangle required and resize your control to accomodate it. joe On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:31:07 -0400, "SteveR" <srussell@removethisinnernet.net> wrote: >Is it difficult to have a CEdit control and its dialog grow according to the >length of the string in the control? I'm interested in using such an >arra...

Is there any way to reset scroll down menus using a button?
I'm desperately rushing to finish my ICT project for AS level and am really struggling. It's a customer system for a rental shop. I need a button of some sort that could reset my scroll down menus (which is what my customer uses to choose orders) back to their first option. I thought if I found a way to reset my system back to how it was before the customer made any changes I could use a macro to record this. However, I really have no clue what to do and can't find any information using the internet. Please could you help if you can? I'm feeling a bit lost... I would as...

Save spreadsheet using cell values as filename
I am trying to use a command button to save a spreadsheet using cell values as the file name from the tab Master. For example I want to use cells B2 (Tony.Dungate) and F2 (2010.March) to create a file name of Tony.Dungate.2010.March.xls. Essentialy I would need something like : Master!B2&.&Master!G2&".xls" Can someone advise me on the correct code to do this. I have been trying to use the following without success: Const sRoot As String = "V:\Database Logs\" With ActiveWorkbook .SaveAs Filename:=sRoot & _ ....

Can a variable (date) be used in a SUMIF formula?
I hoping that you can help me. Below you will find an example of a spreadsheet that I'm trying to to perform a sumif formula with dates. In the constant row I use the formula of =SUMIF($B$7:$B$11,">12/12/2002",$C$7:$C$11) and receive the value of 1,695.00. In the variable row I use the formula of =SUMIF($B$7:$B$11,">c3",$C$7:$C$11). I'm trying to acutally use the row of dates instead of having to put in the actual date each time but when I use the field of C3 for the date it returns the value of 0. A B C D ...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

An attached .mht file should be used to email a multiple page new.
Publisher suggested methods are Publisher WEB single page or an attached .pub file. Also a .tif or .mdi are alternate suggestions. Publisher multiple page newsletters can be saved as a .mht file and can be viewed in IE on the same computer or viewed on another computer if the file is moved by disk. However when emailed (using MSN), it is not viewable at the other end. In most cases it is completely messed up and in a few cases it is moderately close. This has been tested with recipients using Windows XP and ME using IE 6.0. This seems like a good universal way to have multiple page news...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

change cell values from an edit box
Is there any way to change a cell's value with an edit box? I've used drop down lists to change/update values, but I have no experience at all with edit boxes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mike ...