using combo boxes to sort

I need to make a spreadsheet for work with several fields. I have inserted
combo boxes into certain columns (last name, first name) so that data can be
easily found. The problem that I am running into is that when I choose let's
say a last name, it separates from the rest of the data but the rest of the
row (first name, date of birth, etc) stays in the original spot. How do I
make it so that I can find data in one column but have all the information in
that row move? I have also seen charts where when the requested data comes up
the rest of the data "hides." If anyone knows how to do that the information
would be greatly appreciated!

Rita
0
Sorting (1)

If you make the comboboxes fit completely inside the cell and make sure you
select the whole range--including the columns containing the comboboxes, they
should sort with your key column.

You may want to verify that each of the comboboxes is set to move with the
cells.

Rightclick on the combobox, choose Format Control, then Properties tab.

If the combobox/dropdown is from the Forms toolbar, you'll see an option to
"move but don't size with cells".  You'll want that checked.

If the combobox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you'll see an option to
"move and size with cells" or "move but don't size with cells".  Either of them
should work ok (depending on what you want).

As an alternative, you may want to consider Data|Validation.  It behaves kind of
like a dropdown or a combobox, but is usually easier to use.

Debra Dalgleish has tons of tips and hints at:

I don't know enough about charts to offer a guess.

--

Dave Peterson
0