Using Buttons

I like to know how to use a button in a spreadsheet (rather than having to
enter a value) that when clicked on would equal one (1) and have a default of
zero.

Hi
put something like the following code behind the button:

with activesheet.range("A1")
    .value=-(.value)+1
end with

this toggles between 0 and 1

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"DaveSunsation" <DaveSunsation@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:5EB7E1F8-0D31-42F3-AF6D-F74FC927779F@microsoft.com...
> I like to know how to use a button in a spreadsheet (rather than
having to
> enter a value) that when clicked on would equal one (1) and have a
default of
> zero.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Emailing and Mail Merge From Outlook Using Word
I'm using Outlook and Word 2003. I start my mail merge in Outlook using the "Mail Merge Contacts" dialog (select contact, existing file and merge to email). The first question I have is there anyway for the "Message subject line" in the "Mail Merge Contacts" dialog from within Outlook to remember what the last subject was that I typed in? I don't use a permanent file. It doesn't seem to remember the subject from merge to merge. The second question I have is I select the "Merge to E-mail" option from the merge toolbar in Word. It does ca...

Unable to assign macros to a new button in the current worksheet
How can I get the vba macros I've written to show up in the "Assign Macro" windows when I open it to assign a maro to a button on the worksheet I am building? This never used to be a problem. It is probably related to all the security crap one has to deal with now. Macro "Security" in OFFICE has been set to Low. The steps are this: 1. I have about 7 macros in "Sheet 1" of the spreadsheet I currently have open in Excel 2003. I can see all 15 macros in the "VBA Project" window of the VBA Editor, including one new one I have just ...

Using OWC create Stack chart
Hi i would like to build Stack column chart of below sample data using owc please suggest method, Here "-" denotes the field break, Code, Price are two different fields. Code- Price X -5000 X-1000 Y-7000 Y-12000 Y-9000 Thanx ...

How to send multiple messages without using BCC or CC?
(Outlook 2003) How can I send multiple messages using the TO field as if the messages were coming directly from me? (I don't want to use the method that involves sending a message to myself and using BCC to the recipients). By the way, I am not a spammer and have no intention of spamming. I have a small customer database of about 200 people and need to send them notifications occasionally. See if the tools here help: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail "nws" <nws@gsw-inc.com> wrote in message news:eeUJoolXGHA.1200@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > (Outlook ...

How do I use the IF function to calculate date
I am creating a statement form. I need it to take the date of each item on the statement and calculate whether that item is less than 30 days, 31-60 days pastdue, 61-90 days past due, and finally over 90 days past due. Depending on the out come of the value, I would like the amount of each item placed into the appropriate box (current, 1-30 days past due, etc...) Wow, upon reading the above, I think I've managed to confuse my self! =IF(AND(TODAY()-A1<31,TODAY()>A1),"Less than or equal to 30",IF(AND(TODAY()-A1>30,TODAY()-A1<61),"Between 31 and 60 days&qu...

Add ACH button to Cash Receipts entry screen
Our Current choices are only Cash / Credit Card / Check. It would be helpful to distinguish ACH payments from customers by having a radio button for ACH as well. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

Using Office for Mac

inactive arrange buttons
why are my arrange button grayed out/inactive? i want to do some text wrapping. thank you! What are you trying to wrap the text around? Is it selected? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "jeannette" <jeannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50356545-62CD-4597-9A01-24F2F31554A7@microsoft.com... > why are my arrange button grayed out/inactive? i want to do some text > wr...

Use of "AND"
How do i use "AND" in an if statement on Excel worksheet? Hi, when you want to meet two conditions for example A1= 2 A2= 3 if the conditions above are true you want to result be "OK" otherwise "WRONG" =if(and(A1=2,A2=3),"OK","WRONG") "Wally" wrote: > How do i use "AND" in an if statement on Excel worksheet? Here's an example: =3DIF(AND(A1>0,B1>0),"Positive","not valid") Both A1 and B1 have to be greater than 0 to get "positive". Hope this helps. Pete ...

Using AutoText to add graphic signature
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi. I am a new user to Word 2008 (was familiar how to add a signature in Word 2007 on a PC). Can anyone help with auto text tips or provide simple to follow steps to add a saved signature file in the signature area of a letter, etc? <br> Thanks! drsmile@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Hi. I am a new user to Word 2008 (was familiar how to add a > signature in Word 2007 on a PC). Can anyone help with auto text tips or ...

Outlook Signatures, the Font button is not available
Outllook 2003 was recently installed. Creating a new Signatures doesn't allow you to customize the font, Font button is grayed out. What's your default mail format? Try changing it to HTML or RTF before setting up signatures. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Monique" <Monique@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9275C3C4-BCFE-41B0-97A6-D165DBB96444@microsoft.com... > Outllook 2003 was recently inst...

Right Click & Recently Used Files
1) Does anyone know how I can customise 'right click' menu in excel? 2) Does anyone know if it is possible to fix particular files in the "recently used files" so they don't disappear regardless of how many other files I may open. (please, no answers stating that I should increase the number of recently used files from the "Tools - Option" menu) I have used the attached add-in to create the Excel equivalent of the MS Word work menu. Basically it allows you to create a static list of favourite files under a new menu item. From memory it has probelms if ...

OK to use the same ID in each FormView template?
I'm looking at someone else's code and it contains a FormView with a InsertItemTemplate and a EditItemTemplate. In each template there is a <asp:TextBox ID="titleTextBox"... element. That is the same ID is in both templates. It appears to work OK Is that OK. Is it a good way to program? What happens if I use FindControl? Does it find the active one? Thank in advance for any info "Andy O'Neill" <aon14nocannedmeat@lycos.co.uk> wrote in message news:BZDtn.21575$xp6.5180@newsfe06.ams2... > > " Cal W...

How do I use two symbols or characters to make a bullet?
I want to put two symbol squares side by side to make a single bullet for a bullet list of to-do items so I can check one box to show I've started something and the other when it is finished. In case you can't have a two-character bullet (which I suspect you can't), you could use the "White Square with Vertical Bisecting Line," Unicode 25EB in the "Geometric Shapes" range. This gives you two boxes you could check off or fill in. You'll find it in the fonts Arial Unicode and Lucida Sans Unicode (and maybe some others). On Apr 24, 1:06=A0pm, magma...

Search for data using 'contains'
Good morning I have two columns of data which differ slightly, and would like to setup a Lookup type of formula that will compare the two columns and return a value when the data from column A is contained in column B. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. JaB- =IF(COUNTIF(B1,"*"&A1&"*"),"found","not found") HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "JaB" wrote: > Good morning > > I have two columns of data which differ slightly, and would like to setup a > Lookup type of formula that will compare the two columns and return a value > whe...

Problem Assigning Macro to Button
I created a new toolbar in Excel 2003 and assigned macros to three buttons. I opened Excel today and one of the buttons was missing so I added it back and attempted to assign the macro to it. When I click that button it only opens the macro window and the macro will not run from that window. It will run from a regular macro window through the normal menus. The macro will not assign to the button. Can anyone help solve this problem? Could it be due to the fact that I had previously assigned that macro to a button? Robert Your life will become much simpler if you include code to cr...

Installing Clients Using One Ready System HD?
Hi, Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this, but I have just tried to reinstall clients using a master setup, with XP SP2 (OEM Dell disks), updated to SP3, then I used the sysprep tool to make the master, and copied the master using Acronis. After I did the process, and started one of the copies (HDs), we were supposed to be prompted for the activation code from the XP sticker, which I filled out. Then, the system appeared to be not genuine, and XP (or the sysprep tool, I forget which) asked for the original disk to copy files, which I put in (the OEM SP2 disk), and it reje...

correct use of "default" attribute in XML Schema
Hi all, what is the correct use of the "default" attribute in XML Schema? For example: <xs:element name="myProperty" type="xs:string" default="myDefaultValue"/> What can I do with it? What is the meaning of < ....default="myDefaultValue" /> ? Thank you so much. Bye -- Stefano Giannone MCP .NET http://www.giasoft.it Default means there is an application that preempts possible words in xml. It will expect alignment to BIG MONEY "standard" way and methods and will not give a "notch". For xml "US...

Using BCC, causes message to be stuck in outbox
Everytime I use bcc, the a copy of the message "seems" to get stuck in the outbox. It seems that the recipients do receive the message. What type of email account? Are you scanning outgoing mail with a virus scanner? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Do you sy...

Using VBA to create folder
I have code that creates a bunch of csv files from the data in a workbook. Here are a couple of excerpts from my code: fldr = InputBox("Enter Directory Name", "CSV FILE LOCATION") .. .. .. Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") If Not fs.FolderExists(fldr) Then fs.CreateFolder fldr End If If the user enters c:\joe\ and c:\joe\ doesn't exist, then the code will create a folder called c:\joe\. If the user enters c:\joe\bob\ and c:\joe\bob\ doesn't exist, then the code will create a folder called c:\joe\bob\ BUT ONL...

Using Vista Excel files with older version of Excel
My problem is that when people send me an excel file which was created with Vista Excel I can't open it up with my older version of excel on my desltop unit. So I have to open it with my laptop which is Vista and save it as an older version of excel and send it back to myself. I would think that there would be an update to my older version of excel so that it could open these newer file types. Can anyone help me??? Hopefully http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en HTH. Best wishes Harald "...

How To Create a Taskbar using Shell Extension
Dear All, I wish to create an additional taskbar on my monitor. Three days of dabbling in COM, and reading articles on Shell Extension (Code Project) has brought me no where near my problem. Kindly give me some pointers as to how to create a new taskbar. Many Thanks Rajan "rajan" <rajan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA037443-4024-4AA9-ABBB-EA0A0D4447F6@microsoft.com... > Dear All, > > I wish to create an additional taskbar on my monitor. Three days of > dabbling > in COM, and reading articles on Shell Extension (Code Project) has broug...

Use more than one timer event on a form?
Hi I have a form on which I have set a timer event in order to display the current date and time. The timer interval is set to 1000 and works as I want it to. However, I also have a need to refresh a query on the form (actually on a sub-form) at a regular interval; but not as often as the current time is updated. So... my question is, is it possible to have more than one timer event for a form/sub-form & how would I go about that, and if it's not possible is there another way of going about what I'm trying to achieve? Thanks very much Martyn Access 2000 on Windows Server 2...

how to use Today() in calculations?
I used =today()-date_of_joining to calculate months, I get 4. But when I subtract 2 casual leaves, I don't get 2. What am I supposed to do? Thanks try =MONTH(TODAY())-MONTH(G5) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "ghitorni" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:esl8Doc4IHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I used =today()-date_of_joining to calculate months, I get 4. But when I >subtract 2 casual leaves, I don't get 2. What am I supposed to do? > Thanks > ...

using constants as a propoerty value
lets say i want to set, on multiple forms, the header background color to #123456 (as shade of light blue) can i declare "const LtBlue = #123456" (where i would do this i do not know) and then set the property for the header background color to LtBlue (on each form) or do i need to add some code for the on-activate event of each form that sets the property to LtBlue? thanks in advance, -mark In a standard Module, near the top, under the Option Compare Database statement, declare your constant like this Public Const YourConstantName = YourConstantValue then in any cod...