Using both Landscape and Portrait page formats in the same sheet.

Hello,

Would anyone happen to know how to change the formatting of pages in a worksheet to allow the printing of both landscape and portrait pages without having to cut and paste pieces of the data into another sheet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ps. I know that Word does this task. So is there something available in Excel.
0
anonymous (74722)

I think what you're trying to do is print several different sections i
the same sheet, some portrait, some landscape.

The easiest way to do this is, for each page or section that you wan
to print, create a "Custom view"  All printing information is save
withing a view.

Then simple select [view][Custome views][show] to switch between th
views.

It is very simple using the record macro function to record a macr
that shows each view, prints, then returns to the master view.

Good luc

You could record a macro when you do it manually.

Select your range to print and orientation), print it, then select the next
range/orientation and print once more.

Then whenever you needed this, just replay that macro.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

using excel as a database for movies and cd collection help
hi, ive been using excel to maintain a list for my cd's and moves etc just wanted to make it more functional but as im a noob im not sure what i can do, as it stands i have a workbook with a sheet for each catagory cd's movies tv shows etc, with a cell comment giving details of the item like the list of episode titles in a tv series. im using ctrl + f to search and using a red cell for stuff ive lent to friends, i would really like to enhance this workbook maybe add a stats page, see if there is some way to list the number of red cells etc, improve the searching, count the no. o...

conditional format #29
Hi - wonder if someone can help me with this one What would be the conditional format for - if current month = date in cell A1 then apply format. i.e. date in cell A1 is dd/mm/yyyy, and I want format to apply for whole month. Many thanks -- Tobit On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:44:46 +0000 (UTC), "TC" <tc@DON'TSPAMMEtcassociates.co.uk> wrote: >Hi - wonder if someone can help me with this one > >What would be the conditional format for - if current month = date in cell >A1 then apply format. > >i.e. date in cell A1 is dd/mm/yyyy, and I want format to app...

Send email using Ctrl-Enter?
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. Any ideas? TIA. /Ankan (remove x to reply) "Ankan" <redzingox@home.se> wrote in message news:ekdtJPS$EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. > > My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. > In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. > Any ideas? In Outlook, open its help and search on "keyboard shortcuts" ...

Excel formatting #4
I am trying to sort a spreadsheet. I want it to sort like this: 1112 1112a 1113 It will only sort: 1112 1113 112a How do I fix this? Thanks! Lori ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you put an apostrophe in front of each number, it will allow you t treat it as either text or a number when you sort (Excel will ask yo how you want it treated) ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and po...

How to retreive deepest XPath value from XML using VB.NET
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C63D0B.9BCC4D30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Does anyone know how to retreive deepest XPath value from XML document = by using VB.NET? For example, if I had an XML file like this: <Root> <Customer> <Name>MyName</Name> </Customer> </Root> I would like to retreive "\Root\Customer\Name" out of it. Something = like: Dim xmlDoc As XMLDocument Dim strXPath As String =3D xmlDoc.GetXPa...

move page from one document to another
I need some "fast" help! I have never worked in Publisher before, but need to get a project done for an organization I work for. I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to basically "copy" from one document to another. HELP!! kdramirez <kdramirez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to take several pages from one document and paste them into another >document. Both documents are already set up in Publisher. I want to >basically "copy&qu...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

Relative 'Sheet' Reference
I have a workbook, and multiple worksheets. I am referencing cells in prior sheets by "worksheet name and cell". Is there a way to make these 'references' relative, so they may be copied? thanks rob Unfortunately, there is no such thing as relative sheet referencing in Excel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mortini�" <rental@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kOmdnVoHw9qPNaXcRVn-rA@comcast.com... >I have a workbook, and multiple worksheets. I am referencing >cells in prior ...

Disable format painter in excel 2003
The format painter icon keeps appearing when I add or delete columns and rows - it keeps blocking me from seeing what is in the cell and is a general nuisance. I do not need the format painter, but I cant seem to find a way to deactivate it, permanently if possible. Anyone have any ideas? Actually it is probably not the Format Painter, but the Insert Options button that is bothering you. Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck the Insert Options and for me, also the Paste Options button. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:43:04 -0800, tenchsama <tenchsama@discussions.microsoft...

Lock sheets automatically
Hi everyone, I have 26 fortnightly timesheets in a workbook for every staff and would like to lock each timesheet after some days.Can you please help me to fix my code as the follows: Select Case s_worksheet Case "TS1", "TS2", "TS3" If (DateDiff("d", B12, Date) > 6) Then s_worksheet.Unprotect "admin" s_worksheet.Range("C6:C12,D6:D12,F6:F12,G6:G10,H6:H10,I6:I10").Locked = True s_worksheet.Protect "admin" End If Case Else: End End Select Man...

Individual sheet protection in shared workbook
I have a shared excel workbook with multiple sheets used by different people. I want them to have their own password for their sheet so that only sheet owner can edit the content of sheet. Please advise how do i do that? It is a two step process 1. Under tools> Protection Choose allow others to edit ranges select the range then assign password each range should have different PW you can select entire sheet if you wish 2. Then tools>protection Pick protect worksheet assign a password --- This protects the sheet and enables the range password ...

Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications.
Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications. MABLE web services provide an interface to MABLE business objects and logic. Let us review some technical details of the MABLE web services. � MABLE utilizes SOAP 1.2 protocol. � MABLE uses AXIS 1.4 as a web service transport. � MABLE support state-full conversations by implementing a conversation session. In this small article we will create a client application that use the MABLE 'Store' application MABLE Web Service client has to maintain a state-full conversation with the MABLE engine. The best way to handle this is...

Can 2 Union Queries Be used in Another UNION ??
I have created 2 separate Union Queries that work just fine. Can these 2 union queries be used in Another Union query (that will essentially combine the output of those 2)? Thanks very much, Kev -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, as long as the two union queries are outputting data in the same structure and as long as the query engine doesn't decide that the combination of the union queries is too complex. Have you tried to do this? If so, did it fail? And if it failed were there any error messages? -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for H...

Error when using Sum command
I used the following formulas, each entry being its own cell with # being direct insert of data representing a number a b c d e f g 1 # # =b1/a1 # =c1*d1 # =e1-f1 2 # # =b2/a2 # =c2*d2 # =e2-f2 3 =sum =sum =sum =sum =sum Column e is returning a number 3,338.41 higher than the same total when I just directly inserted and added up the same numbers into column f. In addition, when I subtract the difference between column e and column f in column g, which is actually only 24...

conditional formating #6
Hello, I am trying to figure out how to set the color shading of one cell based on another cell. so I want to set B1 to green if H1 is 0. but the conditional formating looks like it works on 1 cell. any help. thanks One way: Set the dropdown(s) and inputbox(es) to read: CF1: Formula is =H1=0 Format1: <patterns>/<green> In article <Oj4h4JAYGHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, "bp" <x@y.com> wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to set the color shading of one cell based on > another cell. > so I want to set B1 to green if H1 is 0....

Changing the standard format of a word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) This Word for Mac is pathetic! You would expect the Mac version is just the PC version, but for Mac, but no....it has to be completely different for some reason that only a pimply faced nerd would understand. <br><br>My issue is simple, each time I open word up, the &quot;spacing after&quot; is set at 10 pts. I have to change it to a sensible spacing of 0 each time I create a new document - I am getting majorly annoyed at this application. <br><br>With the PC version, you can just set the spacing...

Where can I get a doc/resource telling me which Entity is used where
Hi I am wanting to modify some of the forms/views in our MSCRM3 install. But I am having problems finding which entity is used where. Can someone let me know where I can find documentation that provides this info? TIA Antony ...

Create columnar report with field names once per page
I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I would like to generate a multi column report for several records but only list the Field Name titles once on the left hand side of the paper. Check out the KB article at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208491/en-us. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Ch." wrote: > I have learned out to create multi-columned Access Columnar Reports with the > aid of the Report Wizard and altering the File>Page Setup... However I...

CCleaner use on Registry ??
The CCleaner prog , seems to remove most old files etc without crashing the pc It has a registry clean-up facility as well , which when run appears to find 2 pages of 'things' to mend .. at the click of the mouse .... I can see the remains of some 'old' things in there but ... QQ is it a good idea to .. and will it make any improvements to the system if I do ?? tnx - G .. "Graham" <g0nbd@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:4ea1c806-1400-460d-bf2c-51dc5555cda3@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > The CCleaner prog , s...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Sheet to close
Why won't this work? oldjayo Sub test() Dim wsShtToSave As Worksheet Set wsShtToSave = ActiveSheet If wsShtToSave= "Master" Then ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End If End Sub Activesheet.name= try this simpler version Sub CloseifMaster() If ActiveSheet.Name = "Master" Then With ActiveWorkbook 'one dot only .Save .Close End With End If End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "oldjay" <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

Date format of 0 and if statements
I have an is statment as such: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,,'Raw Data'!A5) This issue I have is when I format fields as "date" and the reference cell = 0 excel formates the cell as 01/00/00. I have also used the formula: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,"",'Raw Data'!A5) The issue I have is I want to create graphs of this data in a dynamic fashion, but when the data range of the graph encounters either "" or 1/00/00 as a date, it plots it as a data point. I need a way to make my IF statment to produce a BLANK or EMPTY cell. Is there a key word in...