Using an equation to count non-duplicated items in column

I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is
there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this
column by using a formula?

Thanks for any assistance,
Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com.

Thanks,
carla
0
cbr1094 (1)

carla

Try Chip Pearson's site........

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique

BTW.  The customary response is to the News Group, not email.

That way we all learn.

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP XL2002

On 28 Aug 2003 14:30:58 -0700, cbr@saturnsea.com (carla) wrote:

>I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is
>there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this
>column by using a formula?
>
>Thanks for any assistance,
>Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com.
>
>Thanks,
>carla

0
gdibben (257)

Chart Legend Items: hide/show
How do I hide/show a series on a chart legend (scatter plot.) I tried a null string (""), but the trace still shows. I also tried #N/A. But it then shows "#N/A"; the same with function: NA(). What I am trying to do is to have a control button to show or hide a series from the chart. I can set all the series values to #N/A which hides it, but I am having trouble trying to hide the legend for the series. I also tried an "if" function in the chart->series dialog, but It evidently will only accept a cell pointer. "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@p...

using excel as a database for movies and cd collection help
hi, ive been using excel to maintain a list for my cd's and moves etc just wanted to make it more functional but as im a noob im not sure what i can do, as it stands i have a workbook with a sheet for each catagory cd's movies tv shows etc, with a cell comment giving details of the item like the list of episode titles in a tv series. im using ctrl + f to search and using a red cell for stuff ive lent to friends, i would really like to enhance this workbook maybe add a stats page, see if there is some way to list the number of red cells etc, improve the searching, count the no. o...

Send email using Ctrl-Enter?
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. Any ideas? TIA. /Ankan (remove x to reply) "Ankan" <redzingox@home.se> wrote in message news:ekdtJPS$EHA.1400@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I'm using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6714) SP3. > > My colleagues can use Ctrl-Enter to send an email. > In earlier versions that was possible, but not any longer. > Any ideas? In Outlook, open its help and search on "keyboard shortcuts" ...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

How to retreive deepest XPath value from XML using VB.NET
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C63D0B.9BCC4D30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Does anyone know how to retreive deepest XPath value from XML document = by using VB.NET? For example, if I had an XML file like this: <Root> <Customer> <Name>MyName</Name> </Customer> </Root> I would like to retreive "\Root\Customer\Name" out of it. Something = like: Dim xmlDoc As XMLDocument Dim strXPath As String =3D xmlDoc.GetXPa...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

Stacking columns!!!
I have columns with headings like: NAME - AGE - EXPERIENCE. I have many sheets like this and I have to import all of them into on sheet -- where all the entries are stacked one below the other. There was already an enquiry about this in this forum -- but there wa no reply. If any has a solution, it would be appreciated. thanks. Subbu :confused -- kmsubb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kmsubbu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=844 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276...

identify duplicates
I'm trying to match two rows of data and identify duplicates An inelegant solution would be to transpose the rows into columns and then use the VLOOKUP function. Try transpose the first row and put it in column A, in column B put a bunch of 1's. Transpose row 2 and put it in column D. In column E put a bunch of 1's. Then use VLOOKUP, the formula (in F1) would look something like: =VLOOKUP(D1,A:B,2,FALSE) where you see a one, it's a duplicate, where you see an error, it's not. Drag this all the way down. Then do the same thing but with formula: =VLOOKUP(A1,D:E...

Item Replenishment & Item Fulfill Method
Does anyone know the table names that the above 2 fields are located in? I would like to add these to a smartlist so I can make sure they are all set correctly. The Replenishment Method is o nthe Item Resource Planning Maintenance window and the Fulfill method is on the Item Engineering data window. We do have manufacturing so I am not sure if they are manufacturing tables or not. thanks! -- Doug ...

I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items
I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items folder. I can not move it back. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help? The message I receive is: Can't move the items. Special folders, including Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Task and Journal folders can not be moved. stevenson <lstevenson@crowell.com> wrote: > I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items > folder. I can not move it back. Has anyone had this > problem? Can anyone help? The message I receive is: > Can't move the items. Special folders, inc...

Column, Row Font Size
For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and far left on any worksheet - have become so small on a particular worksheet as to be illegible. What have I done, and how do I undo it? If it only happens on one worksheet, maybe you've set the zoom too small. From the menu bar: View|Zoom... (and resize to look nice) There's a Zoom icon on the Standard toolbar that you could use, too. (My icon is at the far right of that toolbar.) Old Red One wrote: > > For some reason the column letters and the row numbers - at the very top and > far left ...

RAND causes duplicate occurances
I have a series of functions that begin with 24 occurances of the RAND() function. each has a 1/24 chance of occuring. However, I don't want any occurnace to occur more than once (like a deck of cards). Is there another function I'm missing to modify this? That was a little confusing. Here that bad boy sits: http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/d396a2d8/bc/My+Shared+Folder/Probability+Spreadsheet.xls?BCPUOf_AVW_IW6H0 I want the outcomes to be random and non-repetative in each recalculation. TIA "Dan" <dslaugh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:WG4fb.24157$ev2.5317...

Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications.
Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications. MABLE web services provide an interface to MABLE business objects and logic. Let us review some technical details of the MABLE web services. � MABLE utilizes SOAP 1.2 protocol. � MABLE uses AXIS 1.4 as a web service transport. � MABLE support state-full conversations by implementing a conversation session. In this small article we will create a client application that use the MABLE 'Store' application MABLE Web Service client has to maintain a state-full conversation with the MABLE engine. The best way to handle this is...

Help with column
I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday i need to format one column of around 1000 rows so it multiples the total column but a 1000 so getting rid of the decimal point i.e =A3100.00 becoming 10000 , i also need to do this using a macro. can anyone help=20 Regards=20 Paul Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow Cells(i, "A").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value * 100 Next i -- HTH Bob Phillips "lennymos123" <paul@palo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1115651206....

Can 2 Union Queries Be used in Another UNION ??
I have created 2 separate Union Queries that work just fine. Can these 2 union queries be used in Another Union query (that will essentially combine the output of those 2)? Thanks very much, Kev -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Yes, as long as the two union queries are outputting data in the same structure and as long as the query engine doesn't decide that the combination of the union queries is too complex. Have you tried to do this? If so, did it fail? And if it failed were there any error messages? -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for H...

Remove "Recover Deleted Items" from OWA
Is is possible to remove the "Recover Deleted Items" option for Outlook Web Access? Can this be done through the OWA Administration utility? thanks. ...

Error when using Sum command
I used the following formulas, each entry being its own cell with # being direct insert of data representing a number a b c d e f g 1 # # =b1/a1 # =c1*d1 # =e1-f1 2 # # =b2/a2 # =c2*d2 # =e2-f2 3 =sum =sum =sum =sum =sum Column e is returning a number 3,338.41 higher than the same total when I just directly inserted and added up the same numbers into column f. In addition, when I subtract the difference between column e and column f in column g, which is actually only 24...

Where can I get a doc/resource telling me which Entity is used where
Hi I am wanting to modify some of the forms/views in our MSCRM3 install. But I am having problems finding which entity is used where. Can someone let me know where I can find documentation that provides this info? TIA Antony ...

CCleaner use on Registry ??
The CCleaner prog , seems to remove most old files etc without crashing the pc It has a registry clean-up facility as well , which when run appears to find 2 pages of 'things' to mend .. at the click of the mouse .... I can see the remains of some 'old' things in there but ... QQ is it a good idea to .. and will it make any improvements to the system if I do ?? tnx - G .. "Graham" <g0nbd@hotmail.com> said this in news item news:4ea1c806-1400-460d-bf2c-51dc5555cda3@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > The CCleaner prog , s...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Can't access hotmail using Outlook Connector for MSN
I can't seem to download anything from my hotmail account into Outlook after setting up a link with Outlook Connector for MSN. Anyone have any ideas? ...

OWA
SBS 2003 SP1, Exch 2003 SP2, FBA w/ SSL. If I add/delete a calendar event via OWA, I get a 5.1.7 NDR in my Inbox (pasted below). The calendar item is added/delete, and I see it in OWA or Outlook. I haven't seen any other posts similar to this, nothing on MS support. Any clues? ========== Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: System Attendant on 12/21/2006 8:24 AM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or t...

All Columns are not to move
How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? -- Roger On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:28:39 -0800, Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table? You'll have to explain what on Earth you're talking about, Roger. What columns are "moving"? How? John W. Vinson [MVP] Good evening John, I found my own answer:by bringing the cursor to the first cell, the first column will not scroll to the left anymore; however, when I bring the cursor to any other cell and scroll to the rig...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

Text-To-Columns Fixed Width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? On the first panel of the wizard click Delimited, then on the second panel click space as the delimiter. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 4, 12:50=A0am, TP <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fix= ed > Width ...