Using a button without pressing Enter after entering data

This may seem a very basic question but I am in search of an answer.

I have a CommandButton which performs a number of tasks.  Is it
possible to enter data into a cell and then press the button without
pressing Enter after entering the data?  At this point to button does
not function without first pressing Enter.

Again sorry if this is really simple but I can't seem to find an
answer.

Thanks,
Jayson

Jayson

I don't think so.  If you are entering data into a cell, you are editing the
cell and, until you've finished that task, Excel won't let you press your
button.

Regards

Trevor

"JaysonT" <JaysonT.xwfza@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> This may seem a very basic question but I am in search of an answer.
>
> I have a CommandButton which performs a number of tasks.  Is it
> possible to enter data into a cell and then press the button without
> pressing Enter after entering the data?  At this point to button does
> not function without first pressing Enter.
>
> Again sorry if this is really simple but I can't seem to find an
> answer.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayson

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to
creating financial statements

0
Trevor9259 (673)
12/4/2003 8:06:43 AM
No and why ?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"JaysonT" <JaysonT.xwfza@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> This may seem a very basic question but I am in search of an answer.
>
> I have a CommandButton which performs a number of tasks.  Is it
> possible to enter data into a cell and then press the button without
> pressing Enter after entering the data?  At this point to button does
> not function without first pressing Enter.
>
> Again sorry if this is really simple but I can't seem to find an
> answer.
>
> Thanks,
> Jayson

> ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to
creating financial statements

0
Don

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Search for data in a column bring all related items in other colum
I have data in the excel sheet with .A column for OrderNo and B Column for items for that Order. A B ORD001 ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 ORD002 ITEM4 ITEM1 ITEM5 There are more than thousand orders.I want search for an Order so that it brings all items with it. I cannot use filter in A column as it doesn't recognise blank cell.So Option to repeat order nos in A for every item involves a lot of data entry. Any Solution ? I'd fill those empty cells in column a with the previous value. And us...

Use the same name on multiple sheets in same workbook
I am new to Excel 2002. In prior versions I could create sheet specific names easily. With Excel 2002 every time I try to re use a name on another sheet (same workbook) the name gets moved to the new sheet. I use several workbooks (one book for sales, one for cost of goods, etc), with 12 sheets named for each month of the year. Each sheet is a duplicate of the first. As the year progresses I fill in the data at the end of each month. In the past I used the same names(Gross.Sales for example) on each sheet in the workbook. I then can build monthly summary reports using these names...

Why does linked data from blank cells become a zero?
When linking data within the same workbook (to different tabs) any cell that is empty - shows up in the new tab as a ZERO (0).....what am I doing wrong? I want those cells to remain blank. That's just the way it is .. Instead of : =Sheet2!A1 you could use an error trap: =IF(Sheet2!A1="","",Sheet2!A1) Alternatively, we could suppress the display of extraneous zeros in the entire sheet via: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Uncheck "Zero values" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot&g...

Add disclaimer to all email
Is there anyway to add a disclaimer to internal and external mail sent via Outlook 2000/XP/2003 clients in an Exchange 2003 environment? All my research has led me to 3rd party apps that do this but, of course, at a cost. My CIO is asking me to find a "free" solution. But he requires both internal and external mail to be stamped. GFI Mail Essentials will do this if you download the 30 day trial version, after the trial ends the Disclaimer portion wil still work. Otherwise you can write an event sink, http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=317680 or http://www.ms...

Custom "Item" Button at POS?
Hi All.. Does anyone know of a custom button that would allow say a "price check" by pushing this button and then scanning the product? I have found that when you look up an item within POS your receive the everyday price and not the sale price of this item. Also, it is very difficult to find other information for these items with the current RMS item screen. Too much clicking tabs to find information useful to the customer. If a customer calls or comes to the register to ask what items are on sale there is no way to quickly acheive this. One would need to ask the customer wh...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

Area, perimeter, and color in shape data
Hi everyone, I have Visio Professional 2007. First, I don't have great skill yet in making shape data. But also, I would like to have the following data show in the shape data for various geometrical shapes (like squares, rectangle, or circles, for example): - the area of the shape - the perimeter of the shape - the color of the shape Now, I understand that I can go to Tools > Add-Ons > Visio Extras > Shape Area and Perimeter to get the first two items. I also know that this information will change dynamically as I alter the shape. So far, so good. ...

Getting data point from an accel chart
I have an excel chart that I want to get the data points(x,y) from. The source data refers to cells in the same sheet, but I don't see any cell in that work sheet. Only the chart. I can run the cursor over the line and get the x,y coordinates for each point. I would like to copy the x,y values, to reproduce the curve in another program ...

Trying to automatically import specific data from Excel into Word:
Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this: I'll start by explaining the spreadsheet I created in Excel (an inventory / information worksheet): It is pretty simple; approximately 12 columns. The key column is the item number / UPC / bar code number, then after that there are various information columns including item name, description, condition, picture links, etc. Secondly, I created a template Microsoft Word document that is relatively long, but will have a few lines (give or take...about 7) customized for each item on the inventory. What I am trying to d...

ADDITIONAL INFO RE: Data execution prevention
Since my last post, I have some additional info that might help someone get an insight as to what the problem may actually be. First, I went to start/run and put in "sfc /scannow", and let it run fully. Everything copacetic there. The I checked Admin. tools for the read-out. Under the "Error" heading was this info: Faulting Application rundll32.exe version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address0x00000000 Clicking on the "Online Help" link brought up a blank page - no help. Hoping some terrifically insightful MV...

CRM Integration: data doesn't go from CRM to GP
I'm setting up CRM integration for GP. Setup went ok, data migration from GP to CRM ok. When I add data to GP, it copies to CRM ok. I can't seem to get any CRM data to copy to GP. No messages in event viewer. Services are all started (according to documentation) successfully. I'm pretty sure I've configured properly in Settings and Admin tool. My IntegrationUser account is a member of all the required groups. I've turned on 'create customers always' to test, so I should create customers in GP whenever I create an account in CRM, but that's not happe...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Select buttons pasted into Excel
I pasted a table from my investment account into Excel. The tabl included option buttons. I can get rid of the alpha/numeric part of th paste but the buttons remain. I've tried to format & copy empty cells but the button remains. I ca turn on the button -- nothing happens that I am aware of. How do I get rid of it?? Delete or clear doesn't work. joe -- jzemane ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jzemanek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1463 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthrea...

Data was deleted and saved by mistake..need to go back
I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can anyone help Richard don't get your hopes up. Unless you have a copy or a backup ... it's gone. Regards Trevor "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1084801c3bea6$222d5270$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to go back to the data before it was saved, can > anyone help ...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Issue in reading data from Excel
Hi All, I have 3 excel files with me. say,Test.xlsx, saved.xls and original.xls. Here Test.xlsx has got reference to saved.xls and original.xls and displays values from both files. But the cells referring to data from Original.xls shows #N/A in Test.xlsx where as data from Saved.xls shows the correct values. (I am using the formula: =HLOOKUP(A5,'D: \Testing\[Original.xls]Output'!$A$1:$CQ$2,2,FALSE) Here, saved.xls and original.xls has got same columns and same data, but if i check the files size of both, they are different. size of Saved.xls is 26 KB and the size of Original.xls file...

Use of InstallShield
Hi, I have got InstallShield with VC++, and I would like to use it to create a setup for various types of project, e.g. a game, activeX control, etc. However the project wizard only allows you to choose an .exe, and it makes you choose between 'database application', 'finance application', etc. What if my product isn't an .exe, say it's an .ocx, or what if it isn't one of these predefined types of program? I've no idea on where to start with the blank project option. I added my .ocx to the 'components' view and then tried pressing Ctrl+F5, but a...

Conditional formating using VBA
Hello I have to format cells (I4:J37) if cells (I43:J76) are: 100%-91% (green) 90%-76% (blue) 75%-50% (yellow) <50% (red) How do I write that in VBA? (I am new to VBA so any help would be appreciated) Many thanks Tracey Hi Tracey, I asume your users will enter a value in the range("I43:J76"). In that case you case use the Worksheet_change(Byval Target as Range function like so: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ' Check if only 1 cells value is changed If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ' Check if changed c...

Transfer data from Excel col. A to columns B-E in the same sheet
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with only one column of player data: column A. The first three data items in column A are the same for every player: Name, Address and Phone. Every player also has at least one comment but could have any number of comments. Each player’s data is separated from the next by a blank cell in column A. Sometimes, a player’s last few comments are blank resulting in multiple blank cells in column A before the data for the next player starts. I need help writing an Excel 2003 VBA macro to: 1. Copy just the player’s name, but not the Name: label, to c...

Compare data
Hi I would like to be able to compare data between two tables. Each table contains around 60 brands; however,the exact number of brands varies month to month, but the top brands are always there. This is the data I have each month: Column 1 = rank Column 2 = brand Column 3 = points (relates to performance) But I would like to compare the month with the previous month and for this I need to include two more columns: Column 4 = percentage change Column 5 = rank last month I have been calculating the figure for columns 4 & 5 with formulas one at a time. Can anyone suggest how I might aut...

Delete records when certain records have duplicate column data
Hi, I'm new to excel. I want to delete (sort of) duplicate records. My spreadsheet has many columns. My spreadsheet has many records I want to delete records where the data in just a few columns is the same in multiple records. (e.g. if the values in columns "A" "B" "D" "F" in any record is duplicated in multiple rows ..delete all matching records/rows. A= house number B= street name D=apt number F=city Bonus points: Can a macro/button be created that will allow me to load a spreadsheet and then somehow run the above filter/function on the ...

Data validation lookup
Is there a way to have a drop down list using data validation in file "jobs.xls" sheet "Sheet 1" Cell C4 to select a contact from a list that is in the file "parts.xls" sheet "contact" and fill in the corresponding cells in "Jobs.xls". The list of contacts starts on row 3 and goes to row 48 now but there will be more in the future. If there is another way to do this other than data validation I am open to other ideas. In "Job.xls" Sheet name is "Sheet 1" C4 C5 C6 D6 E6 C7 D7 C8 C9 ...

what function would I use here?
In rows 1 to 192 I have a letter in just one of the columns D,E,F,G,H,or I. I want to fill in column C so that it will have the letter that is in column D thru I. What is the function that I use? I tried =MAX(d2:i2) but that doesn't work. I suppose the MAX function is for numbers only. Is it a FIND function or something different? Thanks in advance. -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson You could put this formula in C2 (for example): =3DD2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2 and then c...