using a bar code reader need to drop down a cell automaticaly once data is entered

i need to use a bar code reader (this is just a high speed keyboard)
i click the button then it types the bar code data in the current cell
once that is done i need to automaticaly "drop down" to the cell below
to continue with the next bar code reading
i tried to get a macro to do this "drop down a cell"problem is i cant
get a macro to run until i exit the active cell
therfore i am stuck in a loop

any ideas
0
john.iles (1)

Hi John,
Do you have a <cr> at the end of the data?

--
John
johnf 202 at hotmail dot com

"john iles" <john.iles@rockwell.com> wrote in message
| i need to use a bar code reader (this is just a high speed keyboard)
| i click the button then it types the bar code data in the current cell
| once that is done i need to automaticaly "drop down" to the cell below
| to continue with the next bar code reading
| i tried to get a macro to do this "drop down a cell"problem is i cant
| get a macro to run until i exit the active cell
| therfore i am stuck in a loop
|
| any ideas

0
me5306 (285)
1/4/2004 12:37:36 PM
Is there a setting on the 'wand' to add <CR> when you release the button?

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
"jaf" <me@here.com> wrote in message
> Hi John,
> Do you have a <cr> at the end of the data?
>

> --
> John
> johnf 202 at hotmail dot com
>

> "john iles" <john.iles@rockwell.com> wrote in message
> | i need to use a bar code reader (this is just a high speed keyboard)
> | i click the button then it types the bar code data in the current cell
> | once that is done i need to automaticaly "drop down" to the cell below
> | to continue with the next bar code reading
> | i tried to get a macro to do this "drop down a cell"problem is i cant
> | get a macro to run until i exit the active cell
> | therfore i am stuck in a loop
> |
> | any ideas

0
bliengme5824 (3040)

blank cell instead of x
I need a formula to have a blank cell instead of a "x" eg: result should be: aa ab ac ad ae af ag ah ai aj ak al am an ao 2 6 3 6 2 5 17 20 15 205 18 6 3 6 2x 5 3 1 5 7 19 12 133 1 5 7x the formula i used is: =IF(AF2>=42,AA2&""&"x",IF(AF2="","",AA2)) on row 3 there are blank cells (null string contains formulas ) when I apply the formu...

Need some advanced help on this one!
Hi guys, I found a sample Access program that takes data from its database to generate an EDI EDIFACT ORDERS file (OrdersS93a.edi). Here is the code: Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim oEdiDoc As Fredi.ediDocument Dim oSchema As Fredi.ediSchema Dim oInterchange As Fredi.ediInterchange Dim oGroup As Fredi.ediGroup Dim oTransactionset As Fredi.ediTransactionSet Dim oSegment As Fredi.ediDataSegment Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection Dim oRsInterchange As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsGroup As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsTransactionSet As ADODB.Reco...

New to excel

Colored Scroll bars
Hi, We would like to change background color of all scroll bar components in our ..Net application, but change should apply to all controls in our application. I mean not only ScrollBar controls explicitly used, but scroll bars in tree, listview, combo and third-party controls etc. We even have MFC control used through managed c++ wrapper with its own scroll bars. Is there some way to do it (subclassing windows, application-wide hook, etc) ? We can code it Win32 pure if it helps. Alexander Arlievsky. Scroll bars in list controls, tree controls, etc. are not "real" scroll bars, bu...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

data sort

Pulling data from separate tabs