Userform for Viewing file Directory

Trying to create the following userform:

Listbox1:  view file directory.  Trying to locate text files
Listbox2:  view list of text files. Need to select one.
Listbox3:  view data in text file selected
Button1:   will initiate the import dialog box for selected file.

Thanks for any help.
0
trob1265 (2)

Have a look at the Dir function in VB Editor Help. You will have to us
this to recover file names with suffix .txt and use the Add method t
add them to your text box.

You cannot view the contents of a file without opening it

I have an older version 98 file and would like to open with P-2000
I have a file that was sent to me that I think was saved with Publisher 98 and I am using Publisher 2000, how can I open this file to view it? Thank you for your help Publisher 2000 will open 98 Publisher files. Your sender probably has sent you a 2002 or 03 file. Have your sender save the file as 98 and re-send. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sabrina" <Sabrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F1D557A-0650-4F91-80C5-783F8853676F@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was sent to m...

Recover emails from a broken PST file.
Hi, I am putting this request in from a friend who has the following issue: I would like to know if anyone has access to the draft of the .pst specification/standard that Microsoft has promised to release early next year. I need this so that I can recover emails from a broken pst file. This file cannot be recovered with scanpst or linux tools such as those within the libpff library nor libpst. This file was carved out from a disk and perhaps not chained properly - i.e., may be not complete or contain improper clusters. I receive multiple errors in regards to wrong checksum as well...

Viewing Distribution Groups in a different domain
I opened a user account in one domain, using Active Directory, connected to the Global Catalog domain controller of that domain. UIder the Member Of tab, it only lists the distribution groups that the user is a member of in the current domain, and not the lists that are in a different domain. I am using WXP Pro SP2. When using W2K, and I try this, I can view those distribution groups. Any reason as to why I am unable to view them using WinXp? ...

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

How to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument
Hello, I have to generate XML file as follow, using XmlDocument. <Company> < Employee EID=3D=94111=94 Description=3D=94 xyz=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Abhijit </FirstName> <LastName> Babar </LastName> </Dept> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D20=94> <FirstName> Sahine </FirstName> <LastName> Ghavane </LastName> </Dept> </Employee> < Employee EID=3D=94222=94 Description=3D=94 abc=94> <Dept DeptNo=3D=94D10=94> <FirstName> Swapnil </FirstName> ...

Creating a view with concatenated columns
I have a table with about 20 columns and I am trying to create a view of it that includes about 10 columns. The problem is that in the process, I am trying to concatenate some fields into one field and I am unable to get any thing working. Below is one example of my attempts to tackle this. Any ideas will be highly appreciated. // The following should be considered as pseudo-SQL CREATE function [dbo].[fn_myview] (@CardNo varchar(11)) returns Table as BEGIN declare @FullName as nvarchar(128) (SELECT FirstName, FatherName, GFatherName, FamilyName, Birthdate, Birthplace...

Database Files Directory
Hello everyone, I have created a database and everything is working fine. I just would like to access directory contents and displayed then in a form. For example I have records that I have saved/scan to a particular directory now I would like to see then on the bottom of the form. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance, JM See: List files recursively - List files in a folder and subfolders at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than...

Publisher installer runs when I try to open a pdf file
I have installed and are successfully running Publisher 2003. I also have Adobe Acrobat 6.0 installed. When I try to open a pdf file, the Publisher installer runs and is trying to reinstall publisher. Any ideas? Thanks -- LS Do you have all the updates for Publisher? Office has two service packs. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Browse.aspx?displaylang=en&productID=4289AE77-4CBA-4A75-86F3-9FF96F68E491 Have you updated Acrobat to 6.0.4? http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows Have you tried a detect and repair on both these products? --...

Viewing Attached Images in OE2007
When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached images is there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide show ... without having to click on each one individually to see them in a previewer? Thanks. fripper, you wrote on Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:33:17 -0400: > When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached images is > there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide show ... without > having to click on each one individually to see them in a previewer? Nope! -- Best Regards Christian Goeller MVP - MS Outlook http://www...

maintenance plan log files
hi, After I moved sqlagent logs to another drive (Right click Error Logs - > Configure -> change path), I found the Maintenance plans logs can't be generated any more. The job itseld on the job history runs successfully but if I right click maintenance plan-> view history-> show steps and I will see the red error: "Access to the path 'C:\ \Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\MSSQL.1\\MSSQL\\LOG\ \Log_Backup_Subplan_1_20100301134505.txt' is denied." The path shows the old one. So it seems that I need to change the Maintenance plan log file location ...

How do you convert or copy your dbx files to pst files

Directory Replication Connector
I have two Exchange 5.5 sites that were connected via Site Connector and Directory Replication Connector. Server recipients did not seem to be replicating from Site A to Site B so I deleted the directory replication connector from both sites, waited an hour, then added the connector. It has been approximately 1 hour since re-adding the connectors and I have forced replication of all objects, yet in Site A I only see the Configuration folder but no objects. Prior to deletion I could browse the remote site and view server and recipient information while connected to the server in...

File SaveAs
I perform a file save as in the workbook but when I do this I the original file is no longer open. This causes me to manully reopen the original file. I would like the original file to remain open even during or after the new workbook is created. Any ideas....thank you. My current code is below: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="WHLS Oversight Rpt " & Format(Date, "mmddyy") & ".xls", FileFormat:=xlExcel8, _ Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, _ CreateBackup:=False Ap...

Movie Maker file with Nero
can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If so, how? -- Charlie Charlie wrote: > can I use a movie make filer to burn a dvd using Nero. If > so, how? ========================================= I guess you know this is off topic for this newsgroup? Anyway...I saved the following info from a previous message..it might be worth a try. ===== Save your slideshow in WMM as DV-AVI file. How do I save my movie as a DV-AVI file in Movie Maker? http://tinyurl.com/8ktlw Then open Nero, click on make DVD Video, click on add file, call up your DV-AVI file, make your opening ...

how to enable sending of .exe file
By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how to disable it? On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Its an Outlook issue, not an exchange one. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm#ol2002 On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 02:26:03 -0800, jenson <jenson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >By default for Exchange 2003 blocked users from sending those .exe file, how >to disable it? Exchange...

Accessing a linked file in a Word document using VBA
Hi - Basic question, in my Word template I have some linked images. I want to use VBA to change the path and filename of some of these links ... can anyone give me a clue as to how I should best do this? Thanks Robin Hi Robin, To see how to paths in Word using vba, check out the macro solution I've posted for implement relative paths at: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=670027 -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EA2C548-7D01-4515-BCC8-2EF3210439C9@microsof...

finding where a file is stored
2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? What do mean by 'now it doesn't...' Nothing has changed... Anyway use this in any cell =CELL("filename",A1) to see the complet path and file name "Catherine" wrote: > 2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it > doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? Thank you for your time. Perhaps I was mistaken about the version. I used to be able to go to Save-As, an...

Opening Pub 2003 Files in Pub 2000
I created a booklet in Publisher 2003 for my sons school. Put the file on disk for them and they can not open the file. They have Publisher 2000. The school will need to edit the file. What can we do so they will be able to open and edit the file? Not a good idea but... File Save As and change the file type. Your file size will grow and may not be the same as what you've created. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tntsmith4322" <tntsmith4322@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FACCB1E-D42D-43F7-99C8-452AECA6D992@microsoft.com... >...

URGENT : Bug in XLS budget file
I have a multi-tab budget worksheet. I run XLS03, no macro. Now, after opening the file, when I enter a number in a cell in one of the tab, the number appears on the other tabs at exactely the same cell location. It happens on 4 tabs out of 8 in total. It's like all 4 tabs are the same sheet but no links exist between them, at least not where I enter the numbers. (links exists in other cells). It simply overwrite the other cells. But all 4 tabs have initially the right numbers and formula in them. I've tried to save the file under another name, open the file on a colleague PC r...

Merging html files
Hi I need to merge outlook signature and stationery files to create one html file for mail shot from within Access via outlook. Is there code sample somewhere that demonstrates how to merge the two signature and stationery html files into one? Many Thanks Regards ...

Same .pst Files Looks Different on other PC
Hello, I have a weird problem. I have a small network at home with 1 desktop and 1 (wireless) laptop. I have installed MS Office XP on both computer including all the servicepacks and updates (both Outlook version numbers 10.4712.4219 SP-2). I share my document folder which is on the desktop, so I can access it through the laptop. When I open the .pst file on my laptop, Outlook handles the full-day appointments differently. It moves them up one hour, i.e. makes the appointments start at 23.00 hours the night before (and then they last till 23.00 hours on the right day). When I double-click th...

How can I print the properties for PowerPoint files?
-- Sue If you posted this in the PowerPoint newsgroup, someone may be able to help you. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B50A8B7F-C8EC-4095-96B6-9147817D9907@microsoft.com... > > -- > Sue ...

MC FILES
Hi, i have an mc file containing text in english and korean languages.I have changed my System Locale to Korean and my OS is Windows 2000(English).When i compiled this mc file i am getting all the string ids in .h file.So i was not able to access these ids using FindResourceEx() as it is searching the string table for the ids and my other language id is in .h file.How can i make this fucntion to search in .h file also?Or Is there any other way where i can copy the string ids to string table -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. You are confused. There is not a single .h file...

Help with transforming file

Resizable Views
Hi all! Is there a way to resize my CView and have my controls inside it repositioned? For instance, if I have inserted a CStatic on my CView and then when I resize my window this CStatic is moved for a new position on my view. Is that possible? Don't matter if it's done by coding or by controls configuration. Thanks in advance. []'s You can try this: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/dialog/easysize.aspx AliR. "ScottBright762" <emersonespinola@gmail.com> wrote in message news:37216610-c075-4e49-8c16-62fe21390d17@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all! >...