User forms #4

Rather than linking excel to a VB front end, how powerful are the VB
userforms?  If I want to create a front end of my excel workbook with
sheets which will just display information that the cells calculate th
how hard would this be?

I also want to try and hide the fact that it is an excel spreadsheet?

Thanks in advance

Padrai

Shouldn't be too hard, especially if you know VB!

To hide the fact the file is in excel you can do things such as hidin
worksheets and also hiding toolbars when the worbook_open event i
triggered. This can also be used to trigger the userform load.

At the end of the day though, an excel "splash" screen shows whil
excel loads so while you can make the file look like an independan
application, the users will be able to see the fact it is excel based.

You may also encounter problems if the user disables macros on open.

Dunca

Thanks

I have not created a form but how do I display the cells I want t
show?

I know in VB that I would use a data grid or some other sort of add i
but I though that by using VBA I could simply show the excel cells a
part of my user form?

Am I missing something?

Thank

As far as I know there is no capability in xl to show cells directly o
a userform. You can only use the cell values to populate items on you
form (combo boxes, list boxes ets).

Something like this will do that for you

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
With Me.TextBox1
.Value = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("a1")
End With
End Sub

Dunca

Can a CRM 3.0 Outlook Client connect to a CRM 4.0 server?
As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connect to the CRM 4.0 server after I upgrade it. Good question - I have the same problem. I'm just posting to get the notification ;-) But I fear that it is not possible - in my corp-deployment we had several 3.0 clients and if it works it's not a out of the box solution. "Chris" wrote: > As I am planning to upgrade our CRM 3.0 server to CRM 4.0 I am curious if my > current CRM 3.0 Outlook Clinet installs will be able to connec...

Stacked chart #4
Hi. I'm hoping this can be done in Excel and that the fabulous discussion group can show me how... I need a "thermometer" type chart and think a Stacked chart might work. Basically, I need to set a goal and show how I'm meeting it. I'm trying to meet an ultimate goal of 57, so 60 could be the max. I've already completed 28. Each week I set a weekly goal, say for this week, a goal of 3 but only complete 2. I'd like the stacked chart to show 28 in one color, a line 3 above that and have only 2 of the 3 colored in. Next week, the goal may be 6 with 7 complet...

Update Records Pop-up Form
Hi Everyone, Help is really appreciated. So I have a form where the user can input data on three different text boxes then click on a 'search' command button and with simple code the results are filtered on the same form below in other text boxes. All this is linked to a single table. So I've set up this results text boxes Enable/Locked property to Yes because I don't want to allow the user to edit the data on the same form. However I've created an update command button which opens a new and more simple pop-up form where the user can modify the data. The problem ...

Refresh Data in Multiple Forms
FormA can be opened from, and supplies data to, multiple List forms which contain lists of data entered and edited using FormA. After editing, entering, etc. using FormA, I would like to refresh any List forms that are loaded. I am able to write code for FormA's Close button to do this for a specific List form, but get errors if that particular List form is not open at the time. How can I refresh all opened List forms after clicking a close button? This is a single user ACC2000 .mdb database. I saw in the NWinds database module code that returns a True value if a form is loaded. Doe...

Open form with 2 criteria
I need to open a form which need to satisfy 2 conditions. I know how to specify 1 condition but no idea how to specify 2. You can combine multiple conditions in the WhereCondition of OpenForm. Essentially the WhereCondition has to end up like the WHERE clause of a query, including the correct delimiters. This example shows how to use criteria on a numeric field, a Text field, and a Date field: Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "(MyNumber = 1) AND (MyText = ""dog"") AND (MyDate = #1/1/2007#") DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WhereCondition:=str...

Forms
I am currently developing a form in Publisher 2003. I need some of the responses on the form to be "required". For example, if a box is checked that a person is requesting vacation, the text field below it would be where the user would indicate his/her dates of vacation. If vacation is checked, the text field should be required. Or, even if I could just make it so the user must check a box for vacation vs. no vacation (even without dates), I would be happy with that. Any ideas, or am I not going to be able to accomplish this in Publisher? I didn't see any reference a...

Disabled user enabled now problems
I disabled a user in active directory who had a mailbox. Then that user needed to be enabled as management changed its mind. I can log the user on to the domain but cant get him to log on to outlook. I am getting the 9548 error. I tried giving the self account permissions but that is not helping either. Any suggestions. I keep getting an undeliverable message when I send an email to him and he cant connect to his exchange mailbox. If you give the SELF account Associated External Account it will clear up the 9548. Only one account at a time can have the Associated External Account permissio...

Cannot add users after Rollup 1 install (Dynamics CRM 4.0 Pro)
Hi, Rollup 1 seems to have caused my install to stop adding new users to the system - the error I get is the generic 'An error has occured' message, but the relevant trace log is below (I have removed the url and business name only): >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147023570, InnerException: System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007052E): Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind(Boolean throwIfFail) at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.Bind() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryE...

How to personalize form "cancel order"
Hello, How to personalize form "cancel order" in "orders > cancel order" ? Thanks. Valentin Collado ...

Publisher 2000 #4
I am trying to create a brochure with a colored background. I can't get the color to print to the edge of the 8.5 x 11 page.....is there some trick I don't know or is there always a 1/2 inch margin around the background color? The printing width is a function of the printer. Besides it'll take a lot of ink to change the color of the paper. How about using colored paper? -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "kim bell" <kimbell@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:032101c37961$c6746010$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am tryin...

filter #4
I have a worksheet with 30,000 rows. When I apply freeze panes and then try to scroll down the sheet does not scroll. To do scrolling I have to undo the freeze panes command of the selection. Any idea as to why will be greatly appreciated AFD Where is the cursor when you are applying the freeze panes? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utYk2mRFJHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a worksheet with 30,000 rows. When I apply freeze panes and then try >to scro...

Formatting #4
Can I copy and paste data in a way that the column width/row height is also copied? If so, how? Sincerely Steven Shelton "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not!" --Thomas Jefferson You can paste the column width, but it is a separate task. Paste Special -> Column Widths I don't know how to do it for heights. Scott Steven wrote: > Can I copy and paste data in a way that the column width/row height is also > copied? If so, how? > > Sincerely > > Steven Shelton > > "Those who hammer...

How do I execute event on aonather form?
Hi, I have two forms, form1 and form2. How do I execute an event (AfterUpdate) bound to a countrol (combobox) on form1 from Form2? SF Change the name of the event from priviate to public. eg: Private Sub Text7_AfterUpdate() to: Public Sub Text7_AfterUpdate() Now, in form2, you can go: Call forms("Form1").Text7_AfterUpdate -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com Thank you for your prompt response. My forms work very well now. SF "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkallal@msn.com> wrote in message n...

BLANK FORM BASED ON A QUERY
I Have Created a Dialog Form With a Button That Opens Another form, the Form That Gets Opened By The Dialog form is Based On a Query, and The Creteria Is Set To A value Inputed on the Dialog Form, Which Works Great When I Have Results Turned Up, If No Results The Form is Blank, Is Their A Code i can put in the CLick Event of the Dialog form that Opens the form, if there are no Results Wont Allow me to Open the form. and a Message.. Ive Tried The Following DoCmd.OpenForm "Project_Results_ByRecievedDate" If Me.RecordsetClone.RecordCount = 0 Then MsgBox "No records&qu...

SQL Options-Adding new users in V9
Updated to V9.0, and also use PDK. When we hire a new employee we add the employee to PDK (which updates the SQL Database) At a later date the employee may become a Dynamics user so I need to set them up in Dynamics as a user also. In Version 7.5 there was an options for 'SQL Options' with 2 checkboxes, that were unchecked (did not update SQL database) when adding a new user. I cant find this option in version 9 and now can,t add users to Dynamics because I get that message 'A SQL Login with this user name already exists, Choose a different User name' GP 9.0 on SQL...

crm 4 onload event
I just upgraded a client to crm 4.0. Certain users are now getting an error when opening an Account record. The error is a permission denied error relating to the onload event. One of the users receiving this error has the system administor role. I am able to open these records on the server without any error. Any thoughts on this? Thanks, -Rick M. Hi Rick, In your onload event of your account record. Do you have any JavaScript calling the crm service? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 28, 11:19=A0am, Rick M <Ri...@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Update a control when a new page is opened in a form
I want to make a command button visible so the user can perform an action (say, print a letter) when a certain text box is filled in. I was finally successful in doing this. However, when I open a new page in the form, I can't figure out how to make the command button invisible again -- the command button remains visible even though the text box is empty. How do I get the page (whether I am clicking forward or backward) to make the command button visible (if the text box is filled in) or make the command button invisible (if the text box is empty)? I am very new to Access. I am...

Cannot add system defined Incident attributes to the Case form.
This is a little goofy. I understand that the attributes defined under Incidents in the deployment manager are the ones to be used when customizing Cases. However, when I got to the Cases form to customize it, I can see less than half of the fields that were showing in the deployment manager. None of these fields are custom. I just want to add to the Case form some system defined fields. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks Jay P.S: I have already published the schema, just in case those fields were not published the first time. Jay, When you go to "add" a field to a form, onl...

Restrict users who can send to this list in Exch2k3
Hi, How do I get the option to restrict users who can send to this email group to work. I want only authenticated users, meaning domain users to be able to send to this list. I've checked the box in the Exchange General tab in User Manager for Domains, but its' not working. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tom What servers(s) are in the transport path before it hits the mailbox server. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d6001c46e9d$4568bf70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How...

Best way??-one WB, many users entering only their own info
Here's what they want: About 35 people need to enter info into a spreadsheet. Each user needs to see only their own information. Admin, though, wants to be able to see everyone's info. Some possible solutions: (1) Each user has their own workbook; they have a password that allows only them to open it. Admin has their own workbook, and each individual user's workbook is linked back into Admin's so each user's data shows up there. (2) One workbook with one sheet per user and one for Admin. Another sheet holds username and passwords. On open, user is presented wit...

Access CRM 4.0 on Windows 2008
Hello, We seem to having issues when connecting to CRM when using the IP address versus the server name. Here's what's going on: We have CRM 4.0 installed on Windows 2008. All users in the office have no issues when access CRM using Outlook or Web when they are connected via the LAN. The CRM web address is http://crmserver:5555. This is what is configured within the Outlook connection. When users are from home or outside the office, they use VPN to connect to the office. They cannot connect to CRM using Outlook or Web. However, if they typed the IP address http://192.168.16....

Converting a field from Yes/No to Text Box not changing in a form
Hi I am in the process of creating a form in which I realized that I had set up a field in a table to be Yes/No (1 or 0). I realized that I actually need it to read "Yes" or "No" just I converted it to a text field. But when I check my form, it doesn't reflect my change. In other words, the fields are blank whereas I wanted to see either a "Yes" or a "No". How do I fix this problem without recreating the form? Thanks in advance. Are you certain that the text box is bound to the field in the table? -- Doug Steele, Microso...

Private Box. Hiding tasks from other computer users
I cannot hide my tasks, even though they are all marked private in the appropriate box. When the second user of this computer opens Outlook, my private task list appears on her screen. Can anyone help? Thx. The Private designation really has no effect unless you are connected to an Exchange server and other Exchange users are accessing your data. Can you give a little bit more information on your Outlook version and the method by which you share your computer/Outlook with the other person (e.g. do you log into the same Windows profile or not, do you have separate Outlook profiles under the s...

Word, Form Fields and the Enter Key
I'm using the code below to the Enter Key will behave like the Tab Key to go between Form Fields. The problem is that when using the Enter Key, the Form Fields do not get Formatted, as they do with the Tab Key. By the way, after using the Enter Key, if I go back to the previous Form Field, and then exit that Form Field with a right arrow or Tab Key, that Field will then show the proper formatting. Can someone please show how to modify this code to work properly? Thanks for your help, Bernie ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

This Operation Cannot Be Performed #4
Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error "This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only if a change was made (if no change is made, no error). No major changes made in last two days. MS Article ID : 300226 does not apply or help. Please advise suggestions. Thank you! Randy In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >Money 2003 been working fine for 2 years. 2 days ago, started giving error >"This Operation Cannot Be Performed" only when exiting the program and only >if a change was ma...