Useful link

http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?17000000037182

0
allen9590 (1)

How to find Latest n files from a directory using VC++
Dear Experts , I am developing an application in VC++ 6.0 . My application is releated with reading and writing large numbers of file . i have one directory say [C:\Test] which contains 10,000 files and may be more . i want to know how can i find latest 20 files that is created in C:\Test . I am using CFileFind and CFileStatus to find file and to Get Creation time of file but i think as my content of directory increases it will comsume more time for searching latest 20 files ...... Can anyone tell me how to come around this searching problem... is there any readymade class available th...

Using cell content as reference in formula
I am a beginner with Excel, and a little lost. When creating a formula, is it possible to use the content of a cell, without creating labels, to refer to the cell, or group of cells in which the content appears? For example, in countless places in my spreadsheet, the text "Total" appears in a cell, refering to a numeric value, 4 columns to the right in the same row. I would like to create a formula that adds all the values, wherever they appear 4 columns to the right of the cell containing the text "Total". To take this one step further, I would like to create a secon...

QUESTION about LINK : warning ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dear: I build an ISAPI Filter using Extension Wizard ,when I Build a release = version of the filter the following warning appeared: LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to 'OLEAUT32.dll' discarded by = /OPT:REF why this warning generated? and what it is mean? Regards ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C49FB4.2F3700C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="windows-1256" Content-Transfer-...

IMAP Settings and Questions on Use
I'm using O2003 and just changed to using IMAP and was wondering if someone could help out with these questions. 1. Is it possible to change the location of the PST file that IMAP uses. There doesn't seems to be an option. I still have my current PST file with all my data (contacts, tasks, etc) as I want to keep that local. 2. When I purge, it seems I can only purge one folder at a time. There is no option to purge multiple folders at once. Is that correct? 3. There is no auto purge such as purge all items when I close Outlook 2003. Correct? 4. Is there an option to move a deleted ...

linking excel to word
hi i'm working on a excel spreadsheet and was wanting to place a link to a empty word document, from a link or a macro of some kind. this is so that the user can open a document a write a letter after checking his/her data. is this possible thanks john -- johnny.exe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnny.exe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30775 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519673 Why don't you create a Word template and place the workbook in the templat...

Need a list of who is using Outlook and OExpress?
Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to find out who is using Outlook and who is using Outlook Express? I need to generate a list of who still needs to be migrated across to Outlook and Im not sure how to get this list without going to the individual machines and looking. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated! kendall You could try running an automated process to check the modified date of a user's Inbox.DBX file. If it's very recent, most likely they're still using Outlook Express. Alternately you could check to see what their default Internet mail progra...

Point to a Specific Grid View from Opportunity Link
I have added a link on the left navigation bar of the Opportunity called Metrics as well as a new view Opportunity View called Metrics. When the user clicks on the link I want it to load the Metrics view inside the grid. Is there a way to handle this? Thanks! This could help: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=AdvancedFind1 -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The JavaScript Snippets Directory: http://www.stunnware.c...

What can I use an upgrade for?
I have recently bought and installed Office Ultimate 2007 onto a new lap top. I now want Microsoft Project 2007 and Visio 2007. Do I need "upgrade" versions of these (I do not have earlier versions) or full versions? many thanks Jean You have to have previous versions of Project and Visio to get the upgrade price. The Office suites do not supply an upgrade path to Visio or Project. You'll have to bite the bullet and buy the full program. "Jean C" <Jean C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1353044F-B57F-4A7B-8AEB-F79D79EF3573@microsoft.com....

Using the contents of a cell in a cell reference
In order to save time it would be useful to create a cell reference that contained a variable. Does anyone know if this can be done and if so what the notation might be? The idea is this: If I normally want to reference a data set from D5:D21 but sometime the length of the data changes an it might be D5:D35 it would be helpful if I could enter 21 or 35 in cell A1 and then reference the data set as D5:D(A1) that way anytime I change the value in A1 my data set would be updated. Thanks in advance Tom I think you want to use =indirect(). A simple example: =SUM(INDIRECT("D5:D&...

Campaign Mail Merge using More Addresses
Our client wants to store multiple addresses for contacts using More Addresses to define Mail to, Ship to locations. They want to be able to select these other addresses in a campaign using the mail merge function. Is there anyway to select the address by address type when sending a mail merge? thanks, ...

Using From field in outlook 2007 with mail merge
I am desperately trying to send out emails via mail merge and be able to customize my outlook "From" field before sending. However, I never get a chance to make any edits via outlook before the messages are sent from the Word mail merge. Please advise. "GYJ64" <GYJ64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6038977C-A5A4-4CAE-81B8-E2C58A9A079A@microsoft.com... >I am desperately trying to send out emails via mail merge and be able to > customize my outlook "From" field before sending. However, I never get a > chance to make ...

Using an existing chart, how do I update the data

Using OutputDebugString too much can cause slowness in GUI response
FYI, I have been having problems with a ListView with about 100 items, and when I try to scroll vertically or horizontally by dragging the scroll bar, it doesn't catch up immediately, but it looks highlighted and frozen, and catches up later. It turned out the reason for it was that I was using OutputDebugString too much, printing the text for each item and sumitem(There are 8 columns in this list view), and DebugView was open to view the output. When I close DebugView, the problem is gone. I was using OutputDebugString at a rate of 1000/Second. The items also appeared ...

Need some advice on using rpc over https in the office
Hi all, I need your advice on these. Is it better to use rpc over https for outlook users inside office than using TCP/IP? Any security concern since we need to allow internal users to access the DMZ server directly - exchange front end sever? If we configure the outlook users to use rpc over https inside the office, what's connection status shown as TCP/IP or https? Thank you. Depends on your Outlook config, if you have set your profile to use TCP\IP on fast connections (LAN) it will use TCP\IP, otherwise it will default to RPC\HTTP such as when at home. Some people create two p...

How do I use Access 97 on a PC which has Access 2003, windows XP
I have a library of books catalogued o n Access 97 on a software prog using 97. I now have a new PC with XP and Access 2003 and cannot access programme or dat e though it is saved on PC. What do you mean that by "cannot access programme". How are you trying to use it? Just for the record, I have both Access 97 and Access 2003 installed on my Windows XP machine, and have no issues using both, even concurrently. A "problem" is that the file association for .MDB (and .MDE) files will be reset each time you use Access so that the most recently used version is what wil...

Linking Workbooks 02-11-10
I have a new problem that's come up after upgrading to Office 2007. I am linking my reporting workbook to the daily workbook that is updated by someone else. The cells I am linking to are merged cells. When I insert the link I get... ='[0203 Company 2.xls]Day'!$J$5:$J$6 which results in a #VALUE error unless I remove the last part of the formula (:$J$6). Any ideas on how to get around this? It's taking me twice as long to set up my links now. THANKS!!!! You cannot link to a range in that manner, only a single cell link is legal. =J5:J6 will always...

font color with checkbox linked cel
I change the font color in the ckeckbox linked cel to white so it doesn't show when printing. However, it works with white only. When I change the cel color to another, the font (showing TRUE or FALSE) show in black. I've changed the color of the font to match the color of the cel. I even tried the conditional formatting. But it still shows black. Am I doing something wrong here? ...

Project links just fine in VC6 but link errors in 7.1
I wrote a DLL using VC++ 7 (unmanaged) . I have a small application that uses this DLL. The application links just fine using VC6. But if I try linking the same application using VC7, I get the following link error: TestLink error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: unsigned int __thiscall GarXface4::GxList<class GarXface4::ComPortName>::GetCount(void)" (__imp_?GetCount@?$GxList@VComPortName@GarXface4@@@GarXface4@@QAEIXZ) referenced in function "protected: virtual int __thiscall CTestLinkDlg::OnInitDialog(void)" (?OnInitDial...

OL2002 won't open when clicking on web links
I have WinXP home ed., Office XP small bus. ed., with outlook 2002. It was working fine but now when I click on a link on a web page I get a message saying "cannot open microsoft outlook. can't create item." I tried reinstalling officeXP and also went into file associations and made sure the URLmailto was associated with outlook. In IE 6.0 it does show outlook as being the default mail client. Email me if you can help! Thanks! ...

SYmbol for money market used in investment cash account
My Fidelity Investments account has a cash account that uses a money market fund for the cash. When I downlaod from Fidelity now, I get a new input for the money market fund which would be in additon to the cash portion and not correct. In Money 2002 (my version) the cash account portion is not associated with a fund and its corresponding symbol. Is there anyway I can clear this up? It seems that I need to assign a symbol to the cash portion of my investment account, but I can't see how to do it. In microsoft.public.money, Alan Holzhausen wrote: >My Fidelity Investments a...

Using data val. drop-down list to select offset
I'm using MS Excel '02 w/SP3 to make a spreadsheet that automatically fills in certain fields based on a model number that is selected from a drop-down list created using the data validation method. What I would like to do is have a cell that reflects the index value of the item selected from the drop-down list. That index value is then used in an OFFSET formula that fills in the fields. As an example of what I want to do: I pick the second item in the drop down list; this stores the number 2 in cell "C1"; the formula =OFFSET($A$1,$C$1,1) is entered into "D1&quo...

MFC application using properysheet and property page do not pop up when navigating between propertypages
Hi, I created a modeless propertysheet, i have added propertypages, when the application is launched the dialog appears on the screen, when i select any page and launch a browser so that the my application is hidden behind the launched browser, now wheen i click on the application in task bar tha dialog is not shown on the dialog.. can anyone help me in this regard. ...

how to automate specifying the account to use when sending mail?
I am using MS Outlook 2003 with my company email as default account. I am also using my gmail/hotmail and other accocunts to both send and receive. With this, Is the following possible: Everytime I write to my boss/colleagues, Outlook should use AUTOMATICALLY use the default mail account to send; which it DOES. But everytime i write to a friend, it should automatically use gmail/hotmail account to send that mail. why do i have to manually choose everytime the account from which to send? it feels stupid. is there a way out? you need to change the account - there isn't a way to te...

usual methods don't reset sheet's "used range"
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me reset excel's perception of the 'use range' I'm using b/c none of the usual tricks have worked (tho the have in the past). It's pretty much the identical problem to the on posted by R Avery in May, and I've tried all of the suggestions offere to him. But since he never wrote back to say what if anything worked I'm having to post this problem again (see his original post at http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=223255&goto=nextnewest). To explain, my dataset runs from A1 to CB603 but the scroll bar exten...

Help linking workbooks
I have 5 direct reports who have 5 of their own. I created a spreadsheet to give to the 30 indirect reports and now I want to be able to gather the data for each of my direct reports. I know I can have my direct report's spreadsheet link to their reports but I don't want to create the templete 5 times and then redo it every time a direct or indirect report changes or one is added. Is there a way to link spreadsheets but instead of giving a definate workbook name have it reference a cell within that workbook which would tell it the name of the workbook to reference? IE. We a...